Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Family Portrait!

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    Kirbycat wrote: »
    Does the photo update itself with a new portrait? (In the mobile game, it updates itself with new sims) I have one sim as of now but plan to add to her household.

It is supposed to, but one of my files is missing a child in the picture. I deleted it.

Did you freeze the portrait to save the way it looked?

Nope. My sim had twins, but only one child appeared in the photo. When it updated and the twins aged to kids, one was still always missing. The missing one did appear in the save file pic though.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Never mind. I found it. You have to restart everything after activating
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Kirbycat wrote: »
    Does the photo update itself with a new portrait? (In the mobile game, it updates itself with new sims) I have one sim as of now but plan to add to her household.

It is supposed to, but one of my files is missing a child in the picture. I deleted it.

Did you freeze the portrait to save the way it looked?

Nope. My sim had twins, but only one child appeared in the photo. When it updated and the twins aged to kids, one was still always missing. The missing one did appear in the save file pic though.

That's really strange.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Well, I went ahead and got it -

I just used a Pizza Hut phone number and got mine! >:) If EA can be underhanded, well so can I! I still say that "FREE" should be free - and the frame is under "Free Stuff" with the word "FREE" across the icon! Why you must jump through hoops to get a "FREE" item, I dunno.

Now I don't have a grayed out icon under my Free Stuff area. And right about now, someone at Pizza Hut is getting a link for The Sims Mobile. Enjoy!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member

I just used a Pizza Hut phone number and got mine! >:) If EA can be underhanded, well so can I! I still say that "FREE" should be free - and the frame is under "Free Stuff" with the word "FREE" across the icon! Why you must jump through hoops to get a "FREE" item, I dunno.

Now I don't have a grayed out icon under my Free Stuff area. And right about now, someone at Pizza Hut is getting a link for The Sims Mobile. Enjoy!

I receive the newsletter, but still haven't gotten the guitar. Oh well.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    hdghdg Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm so sad because mine is super glitched... (It's completely my fault because I have a family larger than 8 sims) I wish there was a mod to fix that though...
  • Options
    I take pictures of the family portrait so that I get to keep a nice picture even as my kids age and the portrait changes. It works nice.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

This post made me laugh :D Maybe I'll try that as well. But EA might catch on if too many people try this. Is this deal still going on?
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited May 2018
    My phone's too old to run Sims Mobile. When it asked for my mobile number, I just used my home phone. Literally any phone number would work.

I never knew you could change the pose and clothing and turn on auras. I never bothered clicking on it after I placed it.

I like this one the best. It's cute with the licking. I own the bully and my friend owns the cat though, and there's no way to switch pets with the Sims when I randomize.
    Dcm6OXYXUAE-QLJ.jpg
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I take pictures of the family portrait so that I get to keep a nice picture even as my kids age and the portrait changes. It works nice.

All you have to do is click 'Lock Portrait' and it will not change.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Is there any way to change the order of family members on the portrait? It's not super important, but I kind of wish the mother in my current save would stand in the middle, next to her husband. Now she's pushed to the side with the cat separating her from the rest of the family, and she's the legacy founder...
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I love the option to lock a portrait and then buy another frame that displays the current family situation <3

Here's elderly Erin Shepard standing in front of a locked portrait from when she and her son were younger:

25.04.18_16-51-4695u81.jpg
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2018
    I don't have a cell phone so I guess I don't get it. This stinks! :'(

I used a fake number and it worked!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    I can getting only the mod version of the picture because it's not available here in germany. :/
    On the other side I don't need too getting my phone number away. :)
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    I don't have a cell phone so I guess I don't get it. This stinks! :'(

I used a fake number and it worked!

I used my Japanese number on the UK selection and it worked.
  • Options
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    I can getting only the mod version of the picture because it's not available here in germany. :/

I'm in Germany and I got it with a fake UK number ;)
  • Options

But the promotional thing in the main menu was there for only some hour's, after the update and then was getting removed. I updated after some days it was released.
  • Options

But the promotional thing in the main menu was there for only some hour's, after the update and then was getting removed. I updated after some days it was released.

Really? I didn't do it at the beginning because of the phone number, I did it days later and I had it there. Do you have your game in German or in English? Maybe that counts? That's odd.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @AlbaWaterhouse I installed it in german so I think the language count. Even when on the german site the promotion notice is still there and you can have it when living in austria or schwitzerland, but no germany. Not fair to the in germany living players, who playing it in german, getting teased by the promotion but aren't included in it. :'(
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited May 2018
    It's in my signature, but here's a portrait of Jacob and Casey McConnell, their twins, and their pets! Jake is named after his late-grandfather. His kids' full names are Emily Hope- she goes by her middle name- and Ethan Henry- who also goes by his middle name. Their pets names are Ash (dog) and Peanut (cat) Jake and Casey just became adults after the family moved back to Newcrest. Henry and Hope become teens in four days!
    40195515460_d6222b6dee_b.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Sul sul Simmers!

The family portrait sneaked its way into the game menu! Did you get yours already? I sure did :smiley:

dqklkkccazob.png

What does your family portrait look like?

How, where do you find this in the game? I'm confused!
  • Options
    KafriahKafriah Posts: 16 Member
    Huh this is really cool! I will need to try this!
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

It changes automatically with age even if it's locked. It also changes with different appearances too. So for me I took pics when my baby was a toddler so that I always have that pic.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

It changes automatically with age even if it's locked. It also changes with different appearances too. So for me I took pics when my baby was a toddler so that I always have that pic.

If I lock the portrait it never changes.i buy a new portrait every so often and hang them all in the office to show the chronological growth of the family! The older, locked portraits never change
  • Options
    ImjusIndyImjusIndy Posts: 6 New Member
    I have both the sims mobile and sims 4 on windows 10 and both are current the online chat advised me to post here to see if anyone can help me on why it will not show up for me to have the content