Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there ways we can add music to the Radio stations

EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
Hi Simmers :)

If you have any advice for simmers or know of ways to add music to the Sims 4 radio stations could you pop them below please ^^

This discussion was created from comments split from: Radio stations from the EP, GP, SP, and Update patch.
  • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
  • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
  • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
  • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Options
    marco_polpolmarco_polpol Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2018
    This site was closed and many other as well, are there any other which can I use?

{EA_Lanna: Moved comment over to this thread to prevent necroing old discussion}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2018
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Hi Simmers :)

If you have any advice for simmers or know of ways to add music to the Sims 4 radio stations could you pop them below please ^^

This discussion was created from comments split from: Radio stations from the EP, GP, SP, and Update patch.

How to add Music (music YOU own) to Sims 4 radio stations (PC version - sorry I don't own a Mac):

1. Make sure it is in .mp3 format (NO other file formats like .ogg or .wav or .aac or .mp4 will work and some file formats will actually crash the game), and that the file is uncorrupted.
    2. Select the .mp3 file ....example:The Sims Holiday Card 06.mp3
    3. Copy the .mp3 file to your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Custom Music/Electronica folder if you want the music to go in your Electronica Sims 4 radio station. Copy the .mp3 file to your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Custom Music/Pop folder if you want the music to go in your Sims 4 Pop radio station. In my example I would probably put the file under Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Custom Music/Winter Holiday.
    4. When you next play Sims 4, when you open your settings menu in the game and select Music, the song you added should be on the list of music in the radio station you put it in. If it isn't, look for a play arrow in the radio station with an empty description next to it. Click on the arrow to play the music that has no description. If it plays your song, it has added your song to the game, it just wasn't able to add the description of the music there (usually due to missing tags in the music file that can be added by most music programs like iTunes, Winamp, and Amazon Music).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    How to make sure you can see file extensions in Windows 10: (so you can tell what kind of music file you are looking at)
    In Windows Explorer,
    Select the View tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
    Make sure the the "File names extensions" box is checked.
    Now you can see the file extension formats/type of file in Windows Explorer for that folder.

To do this for ALL folders on your computer, use Control Panel to get to the File Explorer Options. (An easy way to do this is to type file extensions in the windows search bar). You will need admin access to do this. Make sure the "hide extensions for known file types" box is UNchecked.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.