Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales from The Sims: The story of your first Sim

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers,

And welcome to the first Tales from the Sims thread!

We will be starting these threads on a regular basis to share our love for The Sims and what better week to start than the Anniversary week.

The first set of Tales are about the very first inhabitants of your Sims world.

history-of-the-sims-02.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Share with us their creation story, their experiences during their lifetime and maybe even a quick peek at their descendants. What do you remember about them? Were they short lived, like mine - 5 minutes in game and back to CAS :p , or did they live loooooong immortal lives?

PS! I am putting this thread in the Sims 4 forum, but stories from ALL of The Sims games are happily welcomed!

Comments

• Options
    computerboyboycomputerboyboy Posts: 3 New Member
    that sim is long and gone.
    she revolted me.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Oh god, I don't even know who my first Sim was that wasn't myself.
    I think this was back around 2002.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    My very first sims were based on some characters from my books I had written (manuscripts. Nothing published) when I had the Sims 1. I wouldn't really consider it anything with story behind them as I didn't play the game for long.

When I got Sims Life Stories (Kinda like Sims 2 Lite) I didn't try the story mode and went with my own character and the first guy I had was some blonde guy. Don't remember names and I didn't really have a story with him.

Once I was used to the game though, that's when I finally made a whole bunch of families and played my first household: Miruchi. My first character was Sakura and his mother Alice with the backstory that Sakura was adopted and was rather shy (*cough* @SimGuruGraham this please *cough*) until he started hanging out with my other household, the Williams Family, which consisted of Peter, his brother Brody, and his mother Emma. Was then my goal to get Peter and Sakura together.

I kept that save for a while before i then considered getting Sims 4 and 'transferring' my characters over. Now I have them and an even more expanded set of characters with different backstories and fates.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited February 2018
    The year was 2002. My sister brought The Sims home, and I instantly loved the concept.

I went straight away to making this couple named Joe and Emilia Smith. Joe was blonde with a mustache and he wore a suit, like a stereotypical 50s salaryman. I also maxed out his nice points. His wife, on the other hand, has 0 nice points, and she wore that striped spaghetti strap with the skirt and red sneakers. She had that brunette Mercedes head.

I didn't exactly play them (my sister hogged it), so it was more like I watched her play as I gave directions. I made Emilia work while Joe stayed home for "me" to control. One time, the lamp broke, so I sent Joe to fix it. Unskilled as he is, he got electrocuted, which we thought funny at first...until he died. Then shortly after, a kitchen fire broke out near the newly-widowed Emilia. We didn't save, and I got annoyed at my sister since she was steering the ship.

I remade them at a later point with slight differences, and they had two kids. The older one was Arthur, and I forgot the name of the girl.

Edit: Oh, and for a while after that, I refused to let my sims cook. It was always the buffet table for them, or just going on vacation indefinitely where the hotel always serves food.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited February 2018
    I started on console playstation 2 I believe so those story sims were the first there, and I was terrible at that game don't think I was very patient yet.

Then on PC for TS1 I mostly played with the Goths. I just locked Bella in a room ready to start a fire...yes for no reason, the I got the adopt a baby phone call and so she was saved. I think I let his grades drop and he was taken to Military school Bella was responsible for him so I went back to the fire room and Mortimer raised Cassandra alone...

TS2 I think the first family I played with the Pleasants aside from looking in the other base game households, but I remember I went with the story and let Daniel get with Kaylynn and Mary-sue was fired so she came home into to catch them. Afterwards, I moved her in and she got pregnant, now back then it was a lot worse to not have a computer really decent for a game so when I had lag meh. She was going to get something to eat and I still think it was a protest but Mary-sue, Angela, and Lilith blocked her path and in that house the little kitchen is easily blocked. She couldn't get past them and died of hunger right there. I played with university and can't remember who went first I think some premade not sure. Then I didn't realize ts1 couldn't be on the same computer...(or maybe it could have been possible but I did something wrong) but I reinstalled what I had and was no longer able to play either game no amount of uninstall and reinstall worked.

TS3 Really this is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure it was the Goths again and I don't remember what I did but as I've said I built up a habit of giving Gunther a little make over and stealing him..and their son from his wife. When I saw him around town he seemed so interested in her sister so usually he got blonds...without past love drama.

TS4 I've said before when I first got the game I wasn't optimistic because I was really...really...really pushing the computer I had and I expected it would have issues. The lag was bad see that computer had the space but about 1.5 or something usuable ram, but I did it anyways the computer was dying on me. My first family was The Mole family, when we got the UC for free I went into another town and made a sim and for some reason really built up a love for John Mole. So I recreated them in fact at the time TS3 wasn't giving me issues so I made them in that game too and always they had a sweet male first born. In this game though with the lag I aged him up twice thinking it didn't register the first clip...although some bug fixes made the game much better eventually other comps came.

It's funny how much I rememeber actually see I'm kind of almost a complete airhead :p fun times so that's why I shared from all games.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi! My first sim was named Maggie Mason back in 2000. I had picked up this game at Best Buy, the clerk said it was all the rage, lol. The rest is history. <3

I put Maggie in a little house. I could see her bars going into the red and couldn't figure out why she cried all the time...did not say I knew how to play the game, lol. I do remember finally figuring out, she had to talk to someone. After that, she was the talk of the town, lol. She had a guy named George whom she did not particularly care about but he was smitten, stayed outside her front door for what seemed like several days, crying. :#

So it seems my first experience with the original Sims was about a stalker, lol. :D Maggie eventually married an astronaut who lived in his suit, lol. Ah, good times. <3

Edit to say, there have always been Maggie Mason's in my Sims games. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Ah, I told this very, very short tale recently. To repost it: Helmut von Staramzahn (2000-2000) was a high strung fellow who lusted after Betty Newbie -- the woman he could never have. He was electrocuted while attempting to repair his television. His final words were "Bob fixed his, how hard could it be?".

My second sim was more long-lived.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I had some Sims in TS1 but I don't remember them at all... the first self-created sim that I remember was Angelique Eerste Zoen... For some reason, though, I felt the need to populate every world with this same Sim; whenever I created a new Sim, it was always that one. I don't remember her story or anything, though. I was still so young back then. I remember creating a female Sim whom I really wanted to hook up with another male Sim of mine whom I created solely for her to fall in love with. But whatever I did (calling him... at 12 o'clock at night lol, I was young and didn't know how the game worked), I couldn't get them together. In fact, instead of a sweet friendship turned romance the guy actually came to hate her! I had her invite him over but he'd come with those really mean responses TS2-style, diminishing their relationship ever more. At some point I noticed that her aspiration was far in the red. Not because any big fears had come out, but simply because I spent SO much time trying to fix that boy that I never completed any wish of hers. When I suddenly saw the small screen in the right corner I IMMEDIATELY shut off that game and never went back... So she never actually died from aspiration failure, but I'm sure she was going to lol. Great first experience! My first successful gameplay experience... was when I managed to keep my pregnant Sim alive and successfully had her give birth! God, that felt like such an achievement. I loved that couple... but after she had the baby I never played them again, oops. I did that a lot: creating families, coming up with storylines and then rarely to never actually playing them. For this reason and because I grew too attached to my Sims to age them, I never had generations. Now in TS4 is the first time I've been able to reach generation 3! :sweat_smile:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited February 2018
    Mine was in 2009 i had gotten the sims fun with pets and i didn't know i needed the sims 2 base game till i tried installing the game to my brand new laptop so my parents got me double deluxe. i created my first sim in downtown pleasantview. i remember that i didn't do the tutorial because i loved finding things out for myself. my sim i remember was chubby blonde straight hair wearing one of the cartoon shirts that came with the base game with blue jeans. she worked as a chef. it was funny when i first saw the woo hoo cut screen for the first time i was shocked because i didn't know they had cut screen :joy: i remember that she got married and had a child but when she was pregnant with her second child her husband died and she was left to raised two boys alone ;m;

i remember in another household that my first twins i lost them to the social services :joy: i didn't know how to raise twins then they were toddlers and then i had another couple adopt a lot of children and they ended up adopting the twins i lost cause i got the girl and thought to myself no the twins can't be split apart so they end up getting the twins. so i almost lost all the children again till i learn that you could delete their homework so that none got a d :joy: so that's how my children did their work
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh wow, I don't even remember her name.
    I bought the sims 2 primarily because it allowed me to build homes and community lots. I had dreams of being an architect.
    I created a female as a sort of real estate agent to give tours of all my builds.
    I wish I had my old TS2 pics. She eventually evolved into having story elements as part of her tours.

I didn't set out to create stories. When I got into building homes, I decided it was better to play test them first so that anyone who downloaded my homes would have little to no issues with the build. I began to really have fun playing my sims as I tested my homes.

I did enjoy creating sims to test these homes.
    A story was inspired by one of my home play-tests.
    preview.jpgsnapshot_4eb25807_0f7fd9b1.jpg

The maid (Remington) had a bug where he would not leave.
    He was angry and causing all kind of annoyances with my sims. So...
    I built a fence around him and killed him.
    snapshot_4eb25807_0f7fdc9a.jpgsnapshot_4eb25807_cf7ff652.jpg

I actually felt a little guilty about killing Remington.
    He was annoying, but there had to be someone who cared about him.
    So this gave me an idea. I created his sister (Raven) who would be wondering what happened to him and begin to investigate.
    snapshot_4eb25807_af7ff797.jpgsnapshot_704b40ed_b04c9cc8.jpg

She followed around the three girls who were the last to see him.
    She consulted a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker to see if she could see him in her crystal ball.
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker could not, but she led her to a ghost who would know if Remington was alive or dead.
    snapshot_704b40ed_b04b41e3.jpgsnapshot_505c7ea2_d0665f18.jpg

Upon learning the truth, Raven set out to avenge her brother on a story that lasted 8 Episodes.
    This lead to my discovery of how building, playing, and story telling was so powerful in the sims and can have you playing this game for years. :)
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've told this story too in another thread but it's always fun to reminisce. My first sim was in sometime in 2000. Her name was Shelia and she had the "Bella" head and a blue jumpsuit. She lived at 6 Sim Lane. The base game only had one neighborhood. I played her for hours and hours very possibly 6-8 on and off. I know it was a long time for a game play session. My kids watched me now and then.. well my daughter was old enough to remember anyway. You had to work very hard keeping them green and making enough money to live and get ahead.
    Rosebud... What's a Rosebud?.
    She died suddenly in a stove fire. I was shocked and dismayed.. and I had not saved once. It wasn't funny at all to me at the time. I closed up my game and didn't play it again for awhile. After I recovered I was wiser but more jaded. Thanks Sims!
    I remade her in Sims 4 .. and she didn't die this time around.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    This isn't about my first, but my daughter's first.
    She sent me a crisis email way back in Sims original days. I had thought I'd set her onto a great game, since I said how much I loved it, but she wrote: "They keep dying!" She was NOT impressed with that. :smiley:
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I played The Sims (Sims 1) for a short time - know I played with the Goths but don't remember much else. I really got into Sims when Sims 2 came out so my first sim that I really remember that was my own was April Dawn (thus my forum name!). She was a single mom with a child and was dating another sim I made named Ronnie but he was a romance sim (so funny how they strut!) that cheated on her so their relationship tanked and I could not get it back (so much rage!). Poor April Dawn desperately needed money and I did not know about cheats yet (like motherlode!) so she romanced Daniel Pleasant and moved in with him - broke up him and Mary Sue and moved her and Angela and Lilith out. Then - I just really felt that Daniel wanted to watch the clouds :wink: Out of nowhere - a satellite fell from the sky and killed Daniel - oops!

I felt pretty guilty for a while but - problem solved - she and her kiddo had money and a decent house!

I also really remember Mortimer Goth suddenly showing up out of nowhere and being really mean to her daughter - for a long time I was so puzzled about that until I realized that looking through the telescope during the day is like being a peeper and her daughter had been doing that!

After all that my daughter and her friend started playing in my game and made some sims - my daughter's friend made a really cute sim named David - my April Dawn sim eventually married him and they had a ton of kids and pets and did just about everything because I played them for a really long time thanks to elixer of life!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    My first sim was a 1 dimensional little lady with blue hair and little white tennis shoes. She loved nothing more than her grilled cheese sandwiches and tried so hard to make friends in her little 1D world, but alas, it was not to be. The poor thing had a nervous breakdown and spent the remainder of her little sim life alone with no one but her little brick buddy that the quack doctor gave her for company. Her life really wasn't long enough to have a story as one day, she burned up in her house, all alone while trying to cook her beloved grilled cheese sandwich. I was a terrible simmer back in the sims 1 days and poor little Natalie never had a chance. I had no idea she could read about cooking in the book case and then not die in a fire!

But she got me hooked and I like to think Natalie's sacrifice was not in vain because many sims have lived long lives and grown old since. :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    millihelenmillihelen Posts: 11 New Member
    When I first got Sims 2 I didn't like making my own sims. I always mashed the Smiths and the Singles household together into one big square house with prison style rooms. Pollination Tech #9 would always catch on fire and die, Johnny would get dumped in the college bin, and Lola would always get pregnant by the first male sim walking by. Sometimes I'd drown Jenny and bring her back as a zombie! Jill always grew up okay.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited February 2018
    My first Sim was Trista Avery in TS1. She found a mate, got pregnant and killed him and lived happily ever after as single mother to a child.

TS2 Declan Montague. I created him for Pinstars Legacy challenge that I have yet to have ever to complete. My heir always dies!!! I got as far as the 2nd generation before.

TS3 - Zoe Montgomery My daughter and I created her together as we where exploring the game. I used her to create a male sim to be the founder for another attempt at the legacy challenge. I made it to generation 5 when my heir died by getting struck down by a meteor the day before he was to marry his betrothed while on vacation with his mistress.

TS4 - The first Sim I created for real game play in October of 2014 and not just testing out what all the game had to offer is my Sim Shinya. He's the first sim I've ever created that I actually LOVED how he turned out. My sim creating skills are something to be desired so I was rather pleased with myself. I took my time in creating him. Everything about him has something to do with a person in my life that is no longer of this world who had a real impact on my life. People I have known in my personal life, my time in nursing while working as a C.N.A all the way up to doing psychiatric care. Through him they all will have the happy ending in life that they never got to have. I also tossed in a few of my favorite anime characters in there as well. I have been playing him ever since, when in the past I never did restart a new game with the same sim.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    My very first sim in Sims 1 I named Castor Troy (after the character in Face/Off). He didn't live long, as I was yet to learn that no sims in that game should be let anywhere near a stove before they have at least 3 cooking skill points. The house burned and Castor with it. :P
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I got the sims 2 double deluxe in my stocking for Christmas one year (I assume 2008 when I was 12 because I'm pretty sure it was just before TS3 came out). The very first sims I made where my real life parents and myself as a toddler (I had planned on making my little brother as a baby but figured I could do that in-game which now I'm saying that feels kinda gross just because of what that would mean). Long story short, I had no idea what I was doing, toddler me got taken away because I couldn't figure out baby bottles came from the fridge, and one of my parents starved to death before I stopped playing that family. I no longer make real life people in the sims for this reason, it's too traumatising when they die xD
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    My very first Sim was created by me, in CAS. I began my Sim Odyssey with Sims2. My Sim's story can be found in my siggie below. I just played out what isn't in the books. Furthering her life, so to speak.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Shadow_Simmer_14Shadow_Simmer_14 Posts: 53 Member
    I started playing the sims pretty late (I started with TS4), but my first sim was a character from a story I was writing at the time for school. Her name was Slytha. I didn't do a very good job (her hair length changed drastically between outfits, I had no idea how to use the customization features) but at the time I just wanted to start playing. She lived in one of the starter home in willow creek. She became good friends with a sim named Jenna, who was a gym trainer. Eventually she got married to Travis Scott and they had two kids. Around then is when I discovered cheats, so I moved them into one of the big mansions and gave them a ton of money. Around this time was when my game broke and I had to re-download it, and deleted the family forever. I didn't know how to take screenshots either, so they live on in memory only.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    My first sim was Stella Benjamin, a single mom raising her son Perry. I found the idea of a criminal career that was interchangeable with the normal jobs hilarious, so I got Stella a job as as a criminal. Her heart wasn't in it, though, she performed badly and so I switched to Adventurer, Photojournalist and Journalist (not sure about the exact order anymore).

Soon into playing I seeded the neighborhood with families of my own. Stella found a best friend in the athlete Joyce and love in the nuclear physicist Forest (He was in the science career, but talked a lot about The Sixties, along with the atom symbol, so that's how that career attribution came to pass). Later I attributed several object recolors that I either downloaded or made myself to Forest and his brother.
    Forest's passion was music and he infected his new family with it.

Speaking of his new family... their first kid Stella and Forest had when both were at work. Perry was home alone (he was a notorious schoolskipper - attending every other day was enough) when I got a call if I would like to adopt a baby. Exitedly I said yes and, bamm, a crib appeared in the living room. It might just as well have ended in a catastrophe, but little Jessica grew up fine and was later joined by Stella's and Forest's biological son Stevie.

I recreated this family in the newer games. Stella would always be a mix of photographer/adventurer trying to run from her criminal past and she'd always have Perry, but other than following those few guidelines I went with the flow of play.

In Sims 2 I made the family as they were at the end of Sims 1 and played until the kids had families of their own. Perry followed into his step-father's footsteps as a professional singer and married the llama mascot. Jessica married Warren Worthington III. and Stevie was close to one of Joyce's kids.
    For Sims 3, it being a prequel, I created Stella together with Perry's father who, according to my backstory from the original game, had died in a gangwar. But I couldn't bring myself to kill him when the time came, so the prequel became a parallel universe.
    Sims 4 is shipped as a parallel universe so I re-created original criminal Stella with child aged Perry in the employ of Jacques Villareal.

However, none of the Sims 2, 3 or 4 versions were able to bring back the magic that was the first playthrough. Not that playing these other Stellas hadn't been fun, but on the other hand it felt like a succesful song sung by an upstart singer.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited February 2018
    I only played the sims makin magic in the beginning and i just made harry potter characters and i barely played the gameplay.

In the sims 2, my first sim was a woman named LaFonda T-Bone who fell in love with the NPC Ivy Copur. And LaFonda worked her way up through the political career and she became mayor of my custom neighborhood WheeHoo CityLand. Then one day she got robbed by the burglar Jessica Ebadi and after hating her for a while, she ended up having an affair with her and so LaFonda and Ivy split up and thats all I remember besides that LaFonda and Ivy had a couple of children named Linda and Mary T-Bone. And Marys husband got eaten by a cowplant when my sister was playing LOL.

Im currently replaying a variation of this story on the sims 4 :smile:
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    My first sims were Elsa and Jack Frost... and I used TS just for shipping them :D It was fun, though.
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • Options
    tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    I could not remember them except for their last name which was Grimmauld. I only have The Sims game back then and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix just got released.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Hmm... I've created so many sims over the years that I can't remember my first one way back in Sims 1. But I do remember that I always loved the baby dragons in makin' magic, and a lot of my sims were identical and had the last name Re.

For sims 2, I kind of remember my first sim, but I don't think I played her very long. I do know there were tons of sims in every game.

For Sims 3, I don't know who the FIRST was, but I'm going to share my favorite story. One time, I made this sim called Richard Blackburn, moved him into a house, got him a career, and went to see the other households (looking for a prospective wife). Well, by the time I came back, the game had automatically bumped up his career level to level 5, and I didn't want to spend a ton of time playing catch up on his skills. However, i didn't want to just forget about him after putting all that work into making him (as he was based off one of my favorite characters with a different name) So, I took a copy of him from the library and gave him a name change and some minor tweaks. His new name was Gavin Bacon. Gavin had a rocky start to his life, and unlike his twin I played for all of 3 seconds, everything went wrong. Everything kept breaking, and I'm pretty sure he got either fired or close to it (though his memories don't reflect that. I think I altered them? Anyway, poor Gavin didn't have a good life until he was abducted and had a son that I named Vivek. I fell in love with Vivek and doted upon the sim, giving him as good a life as I could. Taught him all the skills, read him books, and making sure he was very close to Gavin. In between making sure Gavin was progressing in his career and now child Vivek was taken care of, the two of them went on a vacation to Egypt and the future, where I saw their descendants still were alien. They also had a plumbot, who was a series of numbers. I moved the plumbot out when they got back home (who funnily enough showed up at Gavin's health clinics (he and his clone were doctors and friends)). At some point, Gavin was abducted again and had a daughter I named T'Lana. In between juggling them (though maybe before T'Lana) Gavin had a midlife crisis, Vivek got a highschool sweetheart, T'Lana was growing up, Vivek got permanently glitched as sneaking around from a stunt as a teen... It was a great game.

Sims 4 is where I first dipped my toes into Simlit, with a (not first sim) chef I called Bob Bobson. I'm still writing about him, and his friends, though he hasn't had as many adventures as one would maybe like.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)