Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favourite life state?

RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
After seeing all those polls, I wanted to try this poll thingy myself. I didn't see a poll like this on this forum, but if someone posted this before, I'm sorry o:)

Because I can't make more than 10 options, I combined Ghost-Mummy, SimBot-Plumbot and Fairy-Witch because they are somewhat similar to each other. Hopefully I didn't miss any, there are so many life states in TS3 :)
Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes

Your favourite life state? 101 votes

Ghost/Mummy (specify in comments)
3%
HejixGraceyManorVaidaCravenLestat 4 votes
SimBot/Plumbot (specify in comments)
3%
Rukola_SchaafSimplyJenHalloMolliKustridaren 4 votes
Fairy/Witch (specify in comments)
38%
JadeleineIdontrcallZhakiraPbklienhartAnmirlaParydreamerz13Goegualanmichael1jillbgGabbyGirlJstarguruClassicalSimigazorLlandros2012Bettyboop55bekkasanSindocatCXonor13ChuChuExpress 39 votes
Vampire
11%
Emily4331thundrwilowrosecwaddellTrashmagicannaliese39EyeLuvMySimYuriTheCreatorDampenedLeavesGamingTweetyRekatihwhotrodmum57RememberJoy 12 votes
Genie
4%
JoAnne65KarritzPyramoreStutumTeslachick2 5 votes
Werewolf
4%
ApparentlyAwesomeHyunHeeNikkei_SimmerTheoMistVanPelt81 5 votes
Alien
8%
PuddinroyMagdaleenaPaikallinencheesetruckSavvySimmieTreyNutzBreazonaGoulsquashcomicsforlife 9 votes
Plantsim
2%
AmphoraxMultiLoveEA_Mai 3 votes
Mermaid
1%
x_MG_xtthraolce17 2 votes
Other (Imaginary Friend, Zombie etc) (Specifty in comments)
17%
CororonSillyhartluvBariSaxyMikezumiemorrillgamerplaya94dogdancerTadOlsonGrijzePilionZeeGeethuggishsplicerjordandChazzzyAvataritReggiejoehamillqueenproteaHunter_CottoneyeSatanu_Reeves 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2018
    Vampire
    My favorite life state is human. My favorite occult life state is vampire, although I haven't tried that many yet.

ETA: I tried ghost, werewolf and genie. I am looking forward to playing a witch one of these days and also playing the genie again, only longer this time.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Well I can't really pick between fairy and witch so... at least they're the same option lol. They're just what I'm most drawn to in real life anyway (well, not *real* life but books and movies and stuff). I'd probably pick witch if I picked just one though, I like that they look like a normal human sim (it's like a disguise, can't tell they can curse you until it's too late >:) ), and they have some pretty cool spells.
  • Options
    Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2018
    My Favorite Life State is "Human".

27709941_119662535518024_6368364061072397246_o.jpg?oh=ba89fb1a19c6aaac8ce0f213d1068a4e&oe=5B1D0B60

I decided to get "other" because a human is another state that many of us like and it was not added to the poll so others could include human.

• Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    My favorite life state is human. I like all of the possibilities that humans have in Sims 3. Heck, you can turn them into a vampire if you want. I'd like to try playing a mermaid. It sounds fun.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    If I had to choose one and only one, it would be fairy. Most of the fairies I play are kind, gentle, somewhat mischievous nature loving creatures who are fun to be around. Some of them are what I call "alpha fairies," demanding, controlling, with huge majestic usually black wings always making that subtle whoosh-whoosh sound as they take control of their surroundings, though still kind and gentle at the core, underneath it all.

But my real favorites are hybrids (NRaas Hybrid mod) that combine two or three occult states, with fairy usually but not necessarily being one of them. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Alien
    I've had so many aliens and half-aliens in my games over the years I have to choose this option. I have also really enjoyed playing plantsims and mermaids.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Gimme a human. Dassit
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2018
    Ghost/Mummy (specify in comments)
    Ghost,although Witch sims come in a very close 2nd.Ghost sims came before it all and they grew on me and early day SV if you were smart enough to revive Annabelle Oinkslopes and Lolita Goth you appreciated ghosts even more :love: So every town/world revived every ghost at least once in my history of simming.Another favorite townie ghost is Lotta Greaves from Bridgeport and Naima Hakim in the Al Simhara Deset's End cemetery.Three of those ghosts I have in my bin now except Lolita.

Best part is them haunting stuff and the creepy reverb ghost voice.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Other: My favourite life state is Human. :smile:
    All the creatures don't really suit my game style. To the point that I want to play Bridgeport / Moonlight Falls for the cool townies/pre-mades, but I'll ought to edit them all to regular human, and I don't have the time for that... (perhaps there's a quick way that I don't know)
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Genie
    I prefer those, as they can always provide some food on the go.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2018
    I haven't installed Supernatural yet, although I own it. I have, however, read a lot about it and seen posts from people on the forum about the life states that came with it. I have played with LN vampires but I don't play them as vampires - they live like my human sims except they cook meals with plasma fruit. Although I don't play a particularly realistic game, I really don't have any desire to play anything other than humans and don't want my sims to have special abilities.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Just plain old human sims are my favorite, tho I may try a mermaid some day.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Witches! Although I do like to play with all of them. If I could just have regular human sims and one occult state, it would be the witches.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Witch. They also tend to be my base for many hybrids.
    Werewolves come next, followed by Fairies and Genies.

If they don't break every Supernatural into GPs for TS4, I would like to see a Magic EP that included Witches, Fairies and Genies (then a GP for Werewolves by themselves).
    I love my Supernaturals and would play TS4 a lot more often if they existed in this iteration!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    I tend to play humans. I like having supernatural townies in the world I’m playing, to give some diversity. Also, my sims have plenty of supernatural friends. They’re just not what I usually play with as my main sim.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2018
    I love the idea of having all states eventually become a part of my game though I will play with all of them as I play my town rotationally.I've got all of the collection intalled and my game is very heavily Modded.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2019
    Vampire
    Other: My favourite life state is Human. :smile:
    All the creatures don't really suit my game style. To the point that I want to play Bridgeport / Moonlight Falls for the cool townies/pre-mades, but I'll ought to edit them all to regular human, and I don't have the time for that... (perhaps there's a quick way that I don't know)

I'm right there with you. Most of my games have nothing but humans, no occults. I use the game options and mods to keep them from my game. When I do play an occult in my active household I like for them to be unique or to at least not have the whole town overrun with them.

NRaas StoryProgression allows you to determine the percentage for each occult type. So if I want to play with vampires, say, I set every occult type to 0 except vampires to 10 %.

NRaas MasterController can be used to change all of an occult type in a town to human or to totally annihilate all of an occult type in one operation.

The other mods I use is one so there are no zombies at full moon and one so there are no alien abductions and no alien households. I also use 2 mods that give my vampires enhanced abilities

- Sauzer's More Vampire Powers mod that allows vampire to teleport (in a cloud of bats) at night and allows the vampire to mind control similar to genie's ensorcel but at night (this requires the vampire to have the genius trait.)

- Enirei's Vampire Killer Attack mod that doesn't require the vampire to ask before attacking or drinking from an intended victim. Each of those actions have the deadly version. An intended victim can defeat and get away from an attack if their athletic skill is higher and can defeat and get away from the charm (drink) if their charismatic skill is higher.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Alien
    I have a soft spot for aliens stemming from my sims 2 days. Strangetown was my jam B)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Alien
    Alien

Hehehe! I have too much fun with the aliens.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    Genie
    I like all life states, I’m a true supernatural fan in this game. The genie is my favourite, because they’re so cool about what they can do (they don’t have to learn anything, they are born with all the powers they have) and because their powers are so useful. They save you time because they don’t need to cook (and their meals are the best), they don’t need to take a shower (and are kind enough to clean others), they clean the house in a flash (and get rid of dirty laundry, which is especially great at university) and the best one: they allow you to add other sims to your household for 4 hours. In short, their powers suit my playing style perfectly.

P.s. Another aspect I love about them is how you really have to make an effort to get them in your game. They’ll never impose themselves on those who don’t want them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I like them all, humans included, and many of my saves are human only (plus the cemetery ghosts ofc). But I went with the fairy/witch option since that includes two of my top three favorite occult types; my other fave is genie. I’ve actively played all the supernaturals at least once, and especially love my hybrids.

I’m currently building in an empty CC world that is intended to be a fairy land. I’ve created many colorful fairies and a few of most of the other supernatural types for this world (currently 60 Sims total) so I can play a wide variety of fairy hybrids. Because of all the building and Sim-making, I’ve been at this particular project for months, lol.
    igazor wrote: »
    <snip>

But my real favorites are hybrids (NRaas Hybrid mod) that combine two or three occult states, with fairy usually but not necessarily being one of them. :)

I’ve found fairies to be a good hybrid “base” too as they seem to work well with the other occult types. I find mummy-fairies hilarious, especially as toddlers! :lol: “Fayliens” are pretty awesome, and I like my nature-loving plant-fae types too. Do you have a particular fave/frequently-played hybrid combo, @igazor?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    starguru wrote: »
    I’ve found fairies to be a good hybrid “base” too as they seem to work well with the other occult types. I find mummy-fairies hilarious, especially as toddlers! :lol: “Fayliens” are pretty awesome, and I like my nature-loving plant-fae types too. Do you have a particular fave/frequently-played hybrid combo, @igazor?
    Well, one of my favorite sims is a fairy-vampire-genie hybrid. Was born that way through genetics, actually he was born a quad hybrid with witch as well inherited from a grandparent but I removed that state as it just seemed like too much. He's still a teen though, many of his powers are still developing, and I don't actually control him except when he comes along with my main household members on a vacation (Traveler mod). I may as well add him to the household, he's dating one of "my" teens, this couple is perfect together, and he's always over at the house as a guest anyway.

There are too many hybrid combos and too many I haven't seriously played with as actives for me to pick a favorite other than that. Some of those you mentioned are great. Though I never thought of mixing mummies in, I only just got my first playable mummy in a homeworld a few months ago and loved having her around -- but eventually moved her into a household of her own and gave her a custom Museum Curator career. She's sort of a surrogate grandmother to a youngish household who has no family history of their own. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Alien
    Aliens! So awesome. The "summon meteor" interaction (with Ambitions installed) is powerful!
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited February 2018
    Difficult again because I enjoy creating both. If it has to be a choice then it would be fairy. I absolutely adored the Flower Fairies book when I was small. Such beautiful illustrations and TS3 Supernatural has given me the means of creating some lovely fairies of my own. I have three memorable fairies, the Bluebell sisters and Stella. I just wish I could create elves as well. The beautiful, pale creatures from Tolkien if you get my drift.

As for witches they are fun to play, so much always to do. I generally make mine healers or alchemists. I have the Muller family, Mum and two eldest sisters are witches. The youngest sister takes after Dad, who is a werewolf. The night of a full moon is always busy in the Muller household what with Zombie curing and hunting with the pack :)

My avatar picture is Stella's wedding day.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    tretheratrethera Posts: 19 Member
    One of the reasons I love Sims 3 is because of all the fun life states. I alway have the most fun when I am playing witch.