Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favourite life state?

Comments

• Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Fairy/Witch (specify in comments)
    igazor wrote: »
    Well, one of my favorite sims is a fairy-vampire-genie hybrid. Was born that way through genetics, actually he was born a quad hybrid with witch as well inherited from a grandparent but I removed that state as it just seemed like too much. He's still a teen though, many of his powers are still developing, and I don't actually control him except when he comes along with my main household members on a vacation (Traveler mod). I may as well add him to the household though, he's dating one of "my" teens, this couple is perfect together, and he's always over at the house as a guest anyway.

There are too many hybrid combos and too many I haven't seriously played with as actives for me to pick a favorite other than that. Some of those you mentioned are great. Though I never thought of mixing mummies in, I only just got my first playable mummy in a homeworld a few months ago and loved having her around -- but eventually moved her into a household of her own and gave her a custom Museum Curator career. She's sort of a surrogate grandmother to a youngish household who has no family history of their own. :)
    Fairy-vamp-genie sounds like a fun combination! I can see how you might not have wanted the fourth type included though. I’ve not yet experimented with more than two at a time. Although in the world I’m preparing, I have one Sim set up as a fairy-witch-alien, so I guess I’ll see how that one goes and maybe set up some other triple occults later on.

No idea where the mummy-fae idea came from for sure, beyond the thought that a mummy with sparkly wings could be entertaining. Although it also could have been an experiment to see if having wings would get these guys moving quicker than their typical speed of continental drift, lol. I don’t take a ton of screenshots, but I went looking to see if I could find a mummy-fairy hybrid pic. This one is Evita as tot, eating out of the dog bowl. :mrgreen:

evita_zpsd2d24409.jpg

I love that you gave your mummy the Museum Curator career! I can imagine her hiding in a display sarcophagus at the local art gallery and trying to scare the patrons. xD Or possibly inviting one of them to join her! :wink:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited February 2018
    Genie
    I like genies because they are so useful. But I mostly play with humans. Witches and fairies and imaginary friends are also very prominent in my games. Actually I have fun with all but vampires. I tend to neglect my vampires and they often die in my games. Recently I've been thinking I ought to have them in my games more often. But I play with all occults off in options so I can control who becomes which type of occult. I like surprises when a new baby is born but not later in my sims lives. This is one reason I sometimes avoid Moonlit Falls. Some of the townies are occults by default and I've had my own sims who were temporarily in a non active household turned by townies.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Fairies. I mean, if my boys are going to be all over each other anyway, I might as well. ;)

shpJQu4.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I love all the supernaturals, but probably play witches most often. I currently have a game that has Vampire, Werewolves, Witches, Fairy's and Hybrids as main characters. Eventually I will have one or more of each supernatural in that save as a main character. No aliens though as I can't put seasons in my puter til I get a better one.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    SimBot/Plumbot (specify in comments)
    i like both Simbots & Plumbots, all sorts of bots in sims games
    i even like the Bot Fan trait :joy:

close behind is the Witch though :smiley:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    Other (Imaginary Friend, Zombie etc) (Specifty in comments)
    Human is my favorite life state. I do have one household of only supernatural sims, but I get bored with them fairly quickly. They do so much extra stuff that I cannot be bothered to deal with. I'm more of a family centered player, so most life states don't appeal to me. I've been playing sims since 2000 and TS3 is the first iteration I have ever played with nonhuman sims, so I'm sure it is only a matter of time before vampires becomes a favorite life state.
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited February 2018
    The Witch and Fairy lifestates are tied for me just cause I’m a huge fantasy junkie and their powers are a lot of fun to play with ( or sometimes just to taunt the paparazzi with lol)

If someone were to twist my arm though i’de have to say witch cause their magic ( at least the most fun parts of it) are gained a little faster than the fun fairy magic . Also, as useful as it can be sometimes , a fairy’s ridiculously long life span gets a little annoying.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I wanted to choose Werewolf, because I love my wolves, but in all honesty I probably play my Witches more.
    I would feel bereft in my game if I had no Supernaturals at all. I really love them.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    starguru wrote: »
    I love that you gave your mummy the Museum Curator career! I can imagine her hiding in a display sarcophagus at the local art gallery and trying to scare the patrons. xD Or possibly inviting one of them to join her! :wink:
    LOL, unfortunately it's a rabbit hole career so I have to imagine what goes on in there. What I really wanted was to make her a custom Role Sim (Arsil's mod required) and give her the made-up role of Librarian so she could at least interact with the users of the public library. Built a desk and computer station for her and everything, and was then going to build out an Egyptology section, but that didn't work out. Second choice would have been Playground Attendant, but I hated the idea of seeing her having to be stationed outside in all kinds of weather and of course the kids would have all run circles around her every day -- fairy wings would certainly have helped her there! Unfortunately I found that as she is an elder, and I wasn't willing to tinker with her actual age stage, she was blocked from being a Role Sim probably because of "work uniform" related issues to some of the other role slots. I keep meaning to have a chat with our mod developer about that issue, but he really has enough on his plate already. :)

Edit: Love the fairy-mummy toddler!
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Human only. I don't play with supernaturals at all.

When I got Late Night I cured all the vampires, and later I turned all the supernaturals off in the settings. I still find mermaids sometimes but turn them into normal humans in CAS.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I personally love witches the most, if for no other reason than a lot of my sims are based of characters with supernatural abilities from other series. I also find them to be a lot of fun to play with. On some level though I wish we had a hybrid of Sims 2 and Sims 3 witches.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited February 2018
    Alien
    Aliens are my jam. They don't need to sleep, they can do some cool stuff, and if you marry one, they come with a cool spaceship. They can easily fix stuff that breaks too.
    My current legacy heir is a half-alien, it is great. Probably gonna marry him off to a vampire someday. That somehow seems to be his current love interest.

Vampires are probably a runner-up, I've played them a bunch, but I would prefer them with a few mods, so I didn't vote for them, as the vanilla ones aren't quite right, especially not after having played the TS4 ones, which were just amazingly pulled off.

Namely, I use mods that would allow them to drink without permission if I want them to (I mean, not all vampires would have the patience to befriend every single victim (The one in my avatar does, but he's kind of unusually nice for a vampire anyway)), a mod that would allow them to be immortal by default, and a mod that causes them to actually die in the sun. Those just seem like essential vampire things that were missing.
    I also really wish they could turn into bats in this game. It should be like in TS4 I guess, teleportation with a different animation. Or better yet, we actually see the bat moving around the map. Either is good, I just want bats. Would be cool if someone managed to mod that somehow.

Appearance-wise, I really like the ghosts! They don't do anything cool besides float and possess objects, but I love how they look. All of them. Best-looking ghosts of the series.

Witches are great, they know magic, but heck, they look exactly like normal sims so.. I don't find them as interesting because of that. They just know magic. The fairies are similar, but at least they got cool wings. This does mean they're great for creating hybrids with, though.

But yes. Sims 3's life states is like one of the main reasons I returned to this game. There are so many options.
    Not to mention I am weak for urban fantasy stuff, and seeing simple stuff such as the mailman being a fairy is pretty amusing.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2018
    Vampire
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I also really wish they could turn into bats in this game. ...

1j0uK01.jpg

Although not turning into a bat, a mod I use allows them to teleport at nigh arriving in a cloud of bats.

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Unicorns!

I'm not a fan of the undead/creepy ones. I suppose fairies and witches might be interesting and I might try to play them someday.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    LOL, unfortunately it's a rabbit hole career so I have to imagine what goes on in there. What I really wanted was to make her a custom Role Sim (Arsil's mod required) and give her the made-up role of Librarian so she could at least interact with the users of the public library. Built a desk and computer station for her and everything, and was then going to build out an Egyptology section, but that didn't work out. Second choice would have been Playground Attendant, but I hated the idea of seeing her having to be stationed outside in all kinds of weather and of course the kids would have all run circles around her every day -- fairy wings would certainly have helped her there! Unfortunately I found that as she is an elder, and I wasn't willing to tinker with her actual age stage, she was blocked from being a Role Sim probably because of "work uniform" related issues to some of the other role slots. I keep meaning to have a chat with our mod developer about that issue, but he really has enough on his plate already. :)

Edit: Love the fairy-mummy toddler!
    Aw, a mummy running the Egyptology section of a library would’ve been awesome! Too bad it wasn’t workable. A playground attendant mummy sounds like it would’ve been fun to have too, although without fairy wings I can only imagine how long games of tag might last, lol. Are all elders blocked from being assigned Role positions, or am I misunderstanding? Elders being able to tend registers and the like would be a useful option. But the curator RH job does seem like it was your next best option, and very fitting.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Fairy or witch? You mean I have to choose? If both are involved, cheater that I am, I usually force a hybrid state, but Fairies probably come out on top. Just keep 'em away from stereos or nothing will get done.
  • Options
    Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thank you Igazor for sharing information about the mod Hybrid. I saw users talking about this mod long time ago, but I wasn´t attracted to use mods during that time until I found out the amazing job of NRRAS with overwatch, error trap, and master controller. Today, I had the opportunity to read all posts and I found how useful it could be to use Hybrid mod and try it. Also, I want to thank cwaddell because she shared great mods for vampires that I want to use in my future gameplay. The Sims 3 is the most fun game created and many of us are not aware of all the gameplay that we need to try and play.
  • Options
    queenproteaqueenprotea Posts: 14 New Member
    I have a really big soft spot for Imaginary Friends because my favorite family had two of them. Also, even though a lot of people seem to think they're creepy or annoying, I always thought they were really cute.

Also, when you make them real they usually grow up to have nice genetics, so there's that.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    starguru wrote: »
    Aw, a mummy running the Egyptology section of a library would’ve been awesome! Too bad it wasn’t workable. A playground attendant mummy sounds like it would’ve been fun to have too, although without fairy wings I can only imagine how long games of tag might last, lol. Are all elders blocked from being assigned Role positions, or am I misunderstanding? Elders being able to tend registers and the like would be a useful option. But the curator RH job does seem like it was your next best option, and very fitting.

Thanks! :)
    Well, let's say after extensive (okay, ten minutes' worth) of testing, I have concluded that elders cannot be Role Sims in my own ongoing game. But I feel like I've tried something like this before and met up with the same block, as if it's hard coded or something. Same problem with teens, they can't have those Role positions either. Don't really know if others are seeing this too (or have even tried to make it happen with NRaas Register).

Elders can be Service Sims though, it's fun having them as pizza deliverers and the like if you don't mind waiting a bit longer for things to happen/arrive. Though that doesn't do any good for sims we intend to be actual town residents as Service Sims must be homeless NPCs. And they can take up custom positions like the waiters/chefs in Ani's modded version of the Business as Unusual Bistro, which are great for otherwise retired sims who need extra income and something to do. But strictly as Role Sims like cash register attendants, mixologists, bouncers, etc., and the Custom Role Sim slots that Arsil's mod creates, seems like not (for me at least). If I had been less stubborn about it, I might have found a way to make her an Adult again but I think she would have lost much of her mummy specific appearance that way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I have a really big soft spot for Imaginary Friends because my favorite family had two of them. Also, even though a lot of people seem to think they're creepy or annoying, I always thought they were really cute.

Also, when you make them real they usually grow up to have nice genetics, so there's that.

@queenprotea I don't know how long you have been simming but Imaginary friends don't have good genetics. They are default game-generated sims with all sliders set to 0. Sure, they are not unattractive as such, but if you breed too many zero slider sims into your family you will end up having sims that all look the same, except for colouring and weight.

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I guess I'm boring and just like the normal, human state. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Alien
    cwaddell wrote: »

1j0uK01.jpg

Although not turning into a bat, a mod I use allows them to teleport at nigh arriving in a cloud of bats.

well that's GOOD ENOUGH, I NEED THAT. Where can I find it?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2018
    Vampire

1j0uK01.jpg

I'm not sure if we can provide links to MTS but you can google "Sims 3 Sauzer vampire powers" to find it.

For the other vampire mod I mentioned earlier, google "Sims 3 vampire killer attack". With that one you can deadly attack and kill a sim or deadly charm (drink). There are non lethal options for those 2 interactions but be careful because if you drink from the same donor within 24 hours you will kill them. I found that out the hard way when I first tried these mods when one of my vampires drank from his girlfriend twice in a row. Because of lag in Bridgeport I didn't think the first attempt worked. As soon as I had him charm her the second time she dropped dead at his feet. The main focus of that game turned into getting her ghost reanimated via ambrosia. :)

ETA:
    ... Also, I want to thank cwaddell because she shared great mods for vampires that I want to use in my future gameplay. The Sims 3 is the most fun game created and many of us are not aware of all the gameplay that we need to try and play.

Your welcome, hope you have fun with them. Be careful not to charm (drink from) the same victim twice in one day. :)

I agree about Sims 3 being a fun game with many different things to try and explore. Thenthere are the modders who make it even better.
  • Options
    Well, let's say after extensive (okay, ten minutes' worth) of testing, I have concluded that elders cannot be Role Sims in my own ongoing game. But I feel like I've tried something like this before and met up with the same block, as if it's hard coded or something. Same problem with teens, they can't have those Role positions either. Don't really know if others are seeing this too (or have even tried to make it happen with NRaas Register).

Elders can be Service Sims though, it's fun having them as pizza deliverers and the like if you don't mind waiting a bit longer for things to happen/arrive. Though that doesn't do any good for sims we intend to be actual town residents as Service Sims must be homeless NPCs. And they can take up custom positions like the waiters/chefs in Ani's modded version of the Business as Unusual Bistro, which are great for otherwise retired sims who need extra income and something to do. But strictly as Role Sims like cash register attendants, mixologists, bouncers, etc., and the Custom Role Sim slots that Arsil's mod creates, seems like not (for me at least). If I had been less stubborn about it, I might have found a way to make her an Adult again but I think she would have lost much of her mummy specific appearance that way.
    Lol. I suppose the age/outfit block makes sense as I’ve noticed that with Register I can manually assign resident Sims to role objects, but I was unable to figure out a way to get an elder as an option for the ones I’d tried, even though I was pretty sure there were some who should otherwise be eligible. Bummer though, because I have an elderly fairy-witch whom I’d have liked to see tending the local elixir consignment register. I prefer my elders to remain active in the community and think it would be a highly suitable occupation for her, given her interests and vast experience in elixir-making. Aging her down to do so wouldn’t feel right though.

Thanks for the insight!
  • Options
    Alien

1j0uK01.jpg

I'm not sure if we can provide links to MTS but you can google "Sims 3 Sauzer vampire powers" to find it.

For the other vampire mod I mentioned earlier, google "Sims 3 vampire killer attack". With that one you can deadly attack and kill a sim or deadly charm (drink). There are non lethal options for those 2 interactions but be careful because if you drink from the same donor within 24 hours you will kill them. I found that out the hard way when I first tried these mods when one of my vampires drank from his girlfriend twice in a row. Because of lag in Bridgeport I didn't think the first attempt worked. As soon as I had him charm her the second time she dropped dead at his feet. The main focus of that game turned into getting her ghost reanimated via ambrosia. :)

Thank you so much <3

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr