Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friends of Foes: A simLit - Is Back! (Latest Update: 11/04/23)

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    oh, and your new avi is cute! Is that Marie?

yes it is he told me already.

Oh yeah. It is Marie. :joy:

thats what i said xd.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited December 2018
    oh, and your new avi is cute! Is that Marie?

yes it is he told me already.

Oh yeah. It is Marie. :joy:

thats what i said xd.
    XD
  • Options
    Hi everyone. I set up a role-play thread, because I missed @Shadyboop's Rp so much. <3
    Still determined to keep his going so if you have a chance, check his out, here. XD

So basically the synopsis of my rp is your sims wash-up on a strange island and have to survive. The link to the thread is here.

So excited to start rping again. XD
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oops I fell behind in here. But I'm all caught up now! The last line made me giggle.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Oops I fell behind in here. But I'm all caught up now! The last line made me giggle.

@Shadami no worries and hehe. Gemma is pretty forward. XD
  • Options
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited December 2018
    I forget about timezones sometimes. I saw the update and thought 'wait it's still thursday!'
    I wonder if Henry will confront Paris about the whole Grim thing?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I forget about timezones sometimes. I saw the update and thought 'wait it's still thursday!'
    I wonder if Henry will confront Paris about the whole Grim thing?

@citysimmer yeah, I updated slightly early last week. XD
    Hmm... I wonder. XD
    Thanks for reading. XD
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    I just started reading your story, and although I'm only on chapter 11, I am really enjoying it! It's a nice change of pace from my own story which is always so serious--I love your dialogue, cinematography, and the subtle humor inherent in the writing, as well as the character dynamics.
    It is so charming! Keep up the good work! :3
    <3
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    oh, this was exciting!
    does Henry know that it was Paris that put Alex in a coma? I suppose so?
  • Options
    I just started reading your story, and although I'm only on chapter 11, I am really enjoying it! It's a nice change of pace from my own story which is always so serious--I love your dialogue, cinematography, and the subtle humor inherent in the writing, as well as the character dynamics.
    It is so charming! Keep up the good work! :3
    <3

Wow. Thanks for reading @Laura_Jones . I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. I hope the rest meets your expectations too. I must warn you it gets crazier. :joy:
    Also, I just tried looking for your simLit. I'm pretty sure it's me being dumb but is it possible for you to link it here for me to read? I'd very much like to have a look at it. I'm interested to see the different pace you're talking about. XD
  • Options
    oh, this was exciting!
    does Henry know that it was Paris that put Alex in a coma? I suppose so?

@candycottonchu ooh I noticed some updates in your thread. I'm just getting back into simlit but slow because meds making me sleepy but I have to say I got excited when I spotted activity in your thread. XD
    hehe yes. It's very likely he does, but he would have expected that. XD what he doesn't expect is Paris double crossing all of them. The idea of him working with the Grim Reaper who is seen as a shady figure, is very disturbing for him and he doesn't really know what to think but he's scared.
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    edited December 2018
    @simscognito aww really? c: you actualy have 3 chapters to binge already :D but take your time. your health and well being is most important. <3
    everyone would get scared if the grim is involved! and the part of their conversation Henry overheard is quite frightening... I'm still not quite sure about Paris' own plans. It looks like he's breeding out his own agenda.
  • Options
    @simscognito is the link in my signature not working? :o just curious, if that's the case! Anyway here's the link! https://thecandlelitchronicles.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    @simscognito aww really? c: you actualy have 3 chapters to binge already :D but take your time. your health and well being is most important. <3
    everyone would get scared if the grim is involved! and the part of their conversation Henry overheard is quite frightening... I'm still not quite sure about Paris' own plans. It looks like he's breeding out his own agenda.

@candycottonchu oooh 3 chapters? I'm excited! XD Yeah, gonna have to change these meds, but I have to wait till the new year to do so. :tired_face:
    oh yes. Poor Henry. And hmm... well we have more of Paris (and Lilith) this Friday, so we'll see what they're up to.
  • Options
    @simscognito is the link in my signature not working? :o just curious, if that's the case! Anyway here's the link! https://thecandlelitchronicles.blogspot.com/

@Laura_Jones Oh sorry. Your signature probably was working. I was just on my phone so couldn't see the signature. Read the first 4 chapters of your simlit though. Saint Germain is a quirky character. XD
  • Options
    @simscognito LOL I know he is. Things do change a lot though. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the latter chapters, when you get a chance. n_n things start happening forreal after the 5th chapter. I didn't know about poses and cc and stuff before that, really, so I think the overall quality increases.
  • Options
    @simscognito LOL I know he is. Things do change a lot though. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the latter chapters, when you get a chance. n_n things start happening forreal after the 5th chapter. I didn't know about poses and cc and stuff before that, really, so I think the overall quality increases.

@Laura_Jones ooh how do you find posing your sims?
    Teen Henry and Alex were a nuisance when I was first getting a handle on pose player and Teleporter. :joy: Henry just wouldn't stop moving. And teen Alex wouldn't stop making every pose super feminine. So I had to use tricks of the camera to make him look more intimidating. :D
  • Options
    @simscognito Ack, I totally know what you mean. It's hard to find more masculine poses that don't look like they're trying to be a male model or something totally out of character! Also, never knowing which way they'll need to stand gets a bit old. I've found for guys, lookbook poses are usually pretty useful since they cover a pretty wide range of personality in any given pack.
    Girl lookbook poses are kind of tricky though, cause I don't always want my girls looking like they're modeling for a swimsuit ad or something. For Aylin, I usually go for more emotionally driven poses (like "shy girl", "despair", etc..) or conversational poses rather than lookbook.

Honestly, my last chapter had SO many pictures and so many poses, I've kind of decided that I'll try my hand at making my own for more of the action scenes. Trying to mix and match and see the teeny little thumbnails drives me absolutely bonkers. But I'm thankful that they exist, cause without them I'd have no story whatsoever!
  • Options

Teen Henry and Alex were a nuisance when I was first getting a handle on pose player and Teleporter. :joy: Henry just wouldn't stop moving. And teen Alex wouldn't stop making every pose super feminine. So I had to use tricks of the camera to make him look more intimidating. :D

i had to give up .the benders never sit still long enough for me to figure it out.
  • Options
    @simscognito Ack, I totally know what you mean. It's hard to find more masculine poses that don't look like they're trying to be a male model or something totally out of character! Also, never knowing which way they'll need to stand gets a bit old. I've found for guys, lookbook poses are usually pretty useful since they cover a pretty wide range of personality in any given pack.
    Girl lookbook poses are kind of tricky though, cause I don't always want my girls looking like they're modeling for a swimsuit ad or something. For Aylin, I usually go for more emotionally driven poses (like "shy girl", "despair", etc..) or conversational poses rather than lookbook.

Honestly, my last chapter had SO many pictures and so many poses, I've kind of decided that I'll try my hand at making my own for more of the action scenes. Trying to mix and match and see the teeny little thumbnails drives me absolutely bonkers. But I'm thankful that they exist, cause without them I'd have no story whatsoever!

@Laura_Jones yeah. Mann searching through those thumbnails are a nightmare. I get you. I don't use many poses for conversation scenes though. I just use pose-player. Ooh pose making is so fun. There's a fight scene coming up where I made the poses for that. Tbh, I only make my own poses when I can't find the pose I'm looking for. But I only search for poses when nothing in pose player will do. Do you have any characters that don't need posing? I find that leaving Alex to do his own thing a lot really works. His natural expressions are too funny to pose. :joy:
  • Options

i had to give up .the benders never sit still long enough for me to figure it out.

@friendsfan367 they're like Henry :D
  • Options
    @simscognito Hmm.... as for sims who don't need posing, unfortunately there are none--because they're always so happy all the time, I have to force them to look sad!!
    Seriously. They need to be unhappy sometimes and they're like, default "very happy" all the time. So I find I have to pose them for pretty much every scene. :( Plus, the default facial expressions don't really work for my story's tone... they sometimes look so goofy or just really exaggerated and I gotta town it down!
  • Options
    @simscognito Hmm.... as for sims who don't need posing, unfortunately there are none--because they're always so happy all the time, I have to force them to look sad!!
    Seriously. They need to be unhappy sometimes and they're like, default "very happy" all the time. So I find I have to pose them for pretty much every scene. :( Plus, the default facial expressions don't really work for my story's tone... they sometimes look so goofy or just really exaggerated and I gotta town it down!

@Laura_Jones fair enough. I'm quite lucky that this story is in more of a comic tone. XD But yeah, I get you about the happy all the time. Funnily enough, I had the opposite issue with teen Henry. He was pouty all the time, so I had to pose him to be more 'up' sometimes. :joy:
  • Options

@friendsfan367 they're like Henry :D

is he the naked one?