Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to the Cats & Dogs price?

Comments

• Options
    kasia0504kasia0504 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @KeepTalking said:
    > @kasia0504 Increasing the price without warning ? 3 days before launch? They can even increase the others EP and GP to that 'new price', so, no, it's not ok.
    >
    > Also our minimum wage is 300 USD, the C&D is 46 USD here and the other EP cost 26 USD. In all scenarios u guys spend less, no ?
    > But i do hope they adjust poland's price to be more fair to u guys. Are there targets and stores like that there?
    >
    > They increased our base game price in june by 50%. So im guessing the'll just change everything without even warning and thats going to be the new prices from now on.
    >
    > Im not going to buy even if we get sales now. They should at least inform us about it, we are customers and we chose to pay for the game.
    >
    >

That's what I don't get. In Poland the price for C&D was bigger than before but since the preorder it was constant. We didn't have any sudden changes. I'ts really weird what they've done in other countries like yours for example. And I do get why are you mad. Sadly EA is one of the worst company, at least for me.
  • Options
    KeepTalkingKeepTalking Posts: 26 New Member
    @JohnVanGould
    But i meant false advertisement when i said they announced it as a 79 BRL ^^" Its just that EA states they can change the price whenever without further notice and i think its considered abusive since as you said they advertised it for 79.
    My english is not nearly as good as yours so im just going to nod to everything you just said *nods in brazilian*
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    @JohnVanGould
    But i meant false advertisement when i said they announced it as a 79 BRL ^^" Its just that EA states they can change the price whenever without further notice and i think its considered abusive since as you said they advertised it for 79.
    My english is not nearly as good as yours so im just going to nod to everything you just said *nods in brazilian*

Sorry! I misinterpreted your post, then. Anyway, I thought it was a good opportunity to give other brazilian customers some legal advice in the face of this haha thx for the nod :D

• Options
    SpiritSimmerSpiritSimmer Posts: 10 New Member
    If this isn't a glitch I'm very disappointed in EA. I've been waiting three years for pets and now I can't buy them at such a ridiculous price.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Doesn't sound legal to me to change the price last second when it's been advertised as a different price. Pretty sure that's false advertising.

Hopefully it's a glitch.

It’s called Bait and Switch in the US, FYI. :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Haha Seriously guys. The least to expect if they really wanna charge for a digital copy, that they have no cost for delivering, the US price, which is not our reality here, is to actually release an offical note fairly previously explaining the move and then in fact set the price as whatever it is in USD. They not just advertised it as R$79,90 as they switched it without warning 2 days before for an amount of money that is not only 87% higher but also 15% our monthly minimum wage, which is MORE than the converted price should be, and to crown the disrespect they are now lying to us saying the former price was a glitch. It's ultrageous, it's abusive, an exploitation, disrespectful, it shows their nasty intentions, it's a message in capital letters telling how little they care for us.

Well, but if they wanna jack up their value like this without making any sense, little they know that I can make that too. I've made a resolution since that now I don't just want the old price back, I'm paying way less. I'm not giving Cats & Dogs more than R$50. It doesn't matter how long it will take, I don't care anymore, if I have to wait until EA close doors to play that expansion so be it, I'm not minding it. From now on I'm showing them what I think their value really are.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    XE Currency Converter: EUR to BRL
    These rates are not available to consumer clients.

But XE.com is quite good
    is not future dollar or buy price

XE.com = ( buy + sell) / 2
  • Options
    > @ehaught58 said:
    > It’s called Bait and Switch in the US, FYI. :)

Is it legal there?
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    > @ehaught58 said:
    > It’s called Bait and Switch in the US, FYI. :)

Is it legal there?

No
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

USD means, United States Dollar
    BRL means, Brazilian real (BRL), the currency for Brazil, Brazilian real is Brazil's Dollar

XE Currency Converter: USD to BRL
    24 USD =79.0817BRL
    US Dollar
    1 USD = 3.29507 BRL
    ↔Brazilian Real
    1 BRL = 0.303483 USD
    2017-11-13 18:38 UTC
    All figures are based on live mid-market rates. These rates are not available to consumer clients.

45.50 USD =149.971BRL
    US Dollar
    1 USD = 3.29607 BRL
    ↔Brazilian Real
    1 BRL = 0.303391 USD
    2017-11-13 18:48 UTC
    All figures are based on live mid-market rates. These rates are not available to consumer clients.

16 USD =52.7256BRL
    US Dollar
    1 USD = 3.29535 BRL
    ↔Brazilian Real
    1 BRL = 0.303458 USD
    2017-11-13 18:41 UTC
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sims Community got an official statement from EA: http://simscommunity.info/2017/11/08/price-of-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-has-gone-up-in-brazil-and-norway-2-days-before-release/

The statement says that the cheaper price wasn't the intended price at all, and the new one is intended to match global pricing. :| Which is still unfair, considering the differences in cost of living for each country.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Hmm ok. I'm not buying it then.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So I did ask about general customer service questions where to go to if they come up and EA Mage said this,
    "Community Mangers are not support and normally don't handle support related queries. For customer service, players can reach out to our support via Help.EA.com.

A wide variety of regions/languages is supported and can be chosen from the country selection list in the top right hand corner.

Players are also more than welcome to ask on the forums here and on Answers HQ.

Let me know if you have some specific questions in mind."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IsadadoraIsadadora Posts: 1 New Member
    O aumento de preço do pacote de expansão PETS foi absurdo e abusivo.
    Tal aumento inesperado deixou diversos clientes desapontados, afinal, o valor veiculado em publicidades do TS4 PETS SEMPRE foi de R$79,90 (vele ressaltar que esse é o valor de todo pacote de expansão), e apenas 3 dias antes o valor foi majorado para quase o dobro, chegando a R$149,90, o que é um absurdo, tendo em vista que não é o valor esperado e nem o TS4 normal/inicial/original não chega a esse valor!
    EA, saibam que vocês NÃO PODEM FAZER ISSO, pelo menos, não no Brasil!
    Se observarmos o Código de Defesa do Consumidor (LEI Nº 8.078, DE 11 DE SETEMBRO DE 1990), a oferta veiculada com o valor inicial, obriga o fornecedor a integrá-la no contrato, conforme o artigo 30:
    Art. 30.Toda informação ou publicidade, suficientemente precisa, veiculada por qualquer forma ou meio de comunicação com relação a produtos e serviços oferecidos ou apresentados, obriga o fornecedor que a fizer veicular ou dela se utilizar e integra o contrato que vier a ser celebrado.
    Pode alguém achar que não há problema, pois eles mudaram a oferta antes da entrega do produto/serviço, e assim estão vinculados ao último valor de oferta, mesmo que mais alto, mas saibam:
    A mudança no preço do produto ou serviço sem nenhum motivo é considerado como PRÁTICA ABUSIVA!!!
    SEÇÃO IV
    Das Práticas Abusivas
    Art. 39. É vedado (proibido) ao fornecedor de produtos ou serviços, dentre outras práticas abusivas: (Redação dada pela Lei nº 8.884, de 11.6.1994)
    X - elevar sem justa causa o preço de produtos ou serviços.
    REPITO: EA, vocês NÃO PODEM FAZER ISSO, pelo menos não no Brasil! Nossa legislação em vigor não permite!
    Nem preciso dizer que isso dá causa a processo pela abusividade do fornecedor, pela má-fé, pela oferta/publicidade enganosa....
    Enfim, espero, em nome de todos os interessados (que tenho plena convicção de que são MUITOS), que vocês coloquem o valor de oferta inicial novamente, em respeito aos clientes, aos fãs e à legislação vigente.
    Que vocês sejam exemplo, e não mais um desapontamento
    #brazilcantcheatmotherlode
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sims Community got an official statement from EA: http://simscommunity.info/2017/11/08/price-of-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-has-gone-up-in-brazil-and-norway-2-days-before-release/

The statement says that the cheaper price wasn't the intended price at all, and the new one is intended to match global pricing. :| Which is still unfair, considering the differences in cost of living for each country.

Why not?
    At twitter gurus said than Cats and Dogs will be same price of all other EP
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

I don't know if I can continue to pay into this game in good conscience unless they address this with at least a real explanation of what's going on.

If the reports are to be believed, their "wrong, corrected price" was THE release price for years, for prior packs. So changing it now is not excusable with some hand-waving.

I'm not going to forget this.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Lichtgestalt_Lichtgestalt_ Posts: 5 New Member
    That's it, they lost their minds.
    I hope they gain the feedback they deserve.
  • Options
    Lichtgestalt_Lichtgestalt_ Posts: 5 New Member
    they've lost their minds***

I can't edit. ;-;
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

Why not?

That's the problem. All other EPs were 79 Brazilian on release. Not 149, the price they raised it to.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    So any further explanation on this or are they just going to leave it hanging?

The explanation given by EA does not explain an increase in price, comparative to past pack release prices.
    leo3487 wrote: »

Why not?

That's the problem. All other EPs were 79 Brazilian on release. Not 149, the price they raised it to.

Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2017
    Triplis wrote: »

I don't know if I can continue to pay into this game in good conscience unless they address this with at least a real explanation of what's going on.

If the reports are to be believed, their "wrong, corrected price" was THE release price for years, for prior packs. So changing it now is not excusable with some hand-waving.

I'm not going to forget this.
    Yeah they should legally honor the original price for Cats and Dogs. It is not legal how they handled this situation which is very upsetting to me because I had to go to school for business for five years because of business practices like this with Enron. They could legally apply that price to the next EP, but they really shouldn't change the price last minute with Cats and Dogs pack. No apology can make it legal regardless of the excuse. Original price must be used for all customers equally. Just because it is an international transaction doesn't make it any less wrong. I just really hope this can be addressed properly.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    That is incredibly heartbreaking for the international fans of the sims 4. Then again its EA and I am disappointed but not surprised. :s
    Hope they listen and reduce the price back to the original amount. :|
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    > @stepbot153 said:
    > That is incredibly heartbreaking for the international fans of the sims 4. Then again its EA and I am disappointed but not surprised. :s
    > Hope they listen and reduce the price back to the original amount. :|

They would rather go bankrupt than giving in to customers requests.
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Opps. I should not have canceled my pre-order of it. Now it's $39.99. Why did they do that?
  • Options
    icecoldfairyicecoldfairy Posts: 50 Member
    edited November 2017
    @PrincessVee
    Brazilian minimum wage is 900 reais. Thats 275 USD.
    Is it fair ? 24 dollars is alot here, let alone 46.

In comparison, Australia has the highest minimal wages in the world, $9.54/hour, do I now start demanding they give me a discount if I want to buy something from Australia?

As an Australian I can safely tell you that we get charged a lot more for things, especially entertainment like movies and video games. It's very well known and we even have a name for it: "the Australia tax."
    Charging a Brazilian customer the exact same amount as an Australian customer is pretty unethical when you take the economic situation and average wages into account. This expansion pack costs $50AUD, meaning that Brazilian consumers are actually paying more than me for some reason. It isn't justifiable.