Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to the Cats & Dogs price?

Comments

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I live in Brazil too and even though I bought it back then when it was announced and was still R$79,90, I agree that this price is abusive! :angry: I feel mad, not for myself, since I bought it for the old price, but for the other people who were still going to buy it close to or after the release. I hope they revert it back to the old price soon since R$149,90 is the same price as the base game standard edition! Even though I buy every pack I don't think I would have bought it for this price.

Base game price:
    wNg18EO.png

If you mean you agreed to pay for 79,90 and now they're trying to switch the price on you, there's no way this is legal. They would need your approval again, otherwise they're just asking for trouble.

Sounds like the price is already legally questionable according to a post on the first page, too. The fact of the matter is that consumers deserve answers here, and if EA isn't willing to provide them, then they shouldn't be surprised when their sales in Brazil drop significantly.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I live in Brazil too and even though I bought it back then when it was announced and was still R$79,90, I agree that this price is abusive! :angry: I feel mad, not for myself, since I bought it for the old price, but for the other people who were still going to buy it close to or after the release. I hope they revert it back to the old price soon since R$149,90 is the same price as the base game standard edition! Even though I buy every pack I don't think I would have bought it for this price.

Base game price:
    wNg18EO.png

If you mean you agreed to pay for 79,90 and now they're trying to switch the price on you, there's no way this is legal. They would need your approval again, otherwise they're just asking for trouble.

Sounds like the price is already legally questionable according to a post on the first page, too. The fact of the matter is that consumers deserve answers here, and if EA isn't willing to provide them, then they shouldn't be surprised when their sales in Brazil drop significantly.

I didn't mean that, they didn't switch the price for me, what I meant is that I feel sorry for the other Brazilians who still haven't bought it and now have to pay for almost the double than it was before.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I think it was just a mistake. They would of had a news or info on it if it was not. Plus I don't think you can up the price on something double the amount without a word.
  • Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    If it's a mistake they're definitely playing dumb because people are complaining since last night and no one seems to know what happened. I'm not buying it until it reverts to the original price, no matter how much I wanna play with it.
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    I'm also waiting for a reply on this. I bought if before the price was raised, but what about the next DLC, will all prices double now?

It may seem cheap to foreigners, but the new price is 15% of our minimum monthly wage. I love The Sims and I still think it is going to be worth it, but this will definitely impact my financial planning and I want to be prepared.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Reminds me of when Hurricane Harvey hit and the Best Buy in Houston was selling a 20 pack of water for $49. It wasn't until people reported it to the news that the company made a statement apologizing and "correcting" the price.

Hopefully it will be fixed for you.
  • Options
    doucheywolfdoucheywolf Posts: 8 New Member
    Yesterday morning the price of Cats & Dogs was 79,90, but at night the price increased to 149,90, all the other EPs stills costs 79,90. I contacted EA Support and they said that this price is correct, that 79,90 was probably a pre-sale price, but all Brazilian players know that this is a lie. I have always bought the EPs and SPs on pre-sale and never had a discount, the price never went up or down near the launch day! Not to mention, they practically doubled the price!

I, and many others, suspect it’s about Black Friday, they increased the price so they can pretend it’s on sale on Black Friday, which is not only illegal but also ridiculous!

In the USA the price is 39,99 right? Converting this to our currency, today that would be 130,00 Reais, so Why 149,90? And why practically double the price that has been the same since the first EP and why do that without any warning?!

I’m so upset, I intended to buy it today, now I don’t think I’ll buy it at all.

Lots of people are speaking up about it, so my hope is that they "fix" this, my hope is that this is a bug on their website because… it’s just insane!!!
  • Options
    Dani_Semedo94Dani_Semedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    Apparently, according to the support attendant, that's the right price. With that money I can buy games like GTAV or Assasins creed origins, definitely not a Expasion pack, this is crazy. LOL EA is a joke,
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I am so sorry this has happened to those that this has been done too. I am a builder in Sims 4 (Can not stand the game play) and I was thinking about purchasing this EP for building and CAP. I can honestly say with what I see daily by this company, I will not be purchasing this EP at anything near full price even if I have to wait a year or more. This is just awful if this was done purposely to Sims fans.
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    EA Support in Brazil said the price is "correct", but increasing the EP price in almost 100% is not correct for us. I won't buy any content for The Sims 4 until Cats and Dogs' price comes bsck to the previous price.
  • Options
    > @matheus_mar_1999 said:
    > EA Support in Brazil said the price is "correct", but increasing the EP price in almost 100% is not correct for us. I won't buy any content for The Sims 4 until Cats and Dogs' price comes bsck to the previous price.

If they go back to the same price during black friday, I swear never to buy anything else from them. What horrible way to treat the loyal customers.
  • Options
    martefenixmartefenix Posts: 1 New Member
    I dont belive that, i bought the game and now I want give back it. I'm upset with that situation...
    :/
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    Has anyone tried to tweet them? I know I've gotten fast, good responses from companies when using Twitter (I guess because it's such a public forum). I really think this is a mistake but your average EA rep who answers the phone isn't going to know that. There's no way it was on sale as a presale promotion- that doesn't even make sense. And if it were on sale, they'd have all kinds of ads and whatnot that stated it was a sale. This is horrible that y'all are getting the runaround :(
  • Options
    > @JillianLauren said:
    > Has anyone tried to tweet them? I know I've gotten fast, good responses from companies when using Twitter (I guess because it's such a public forum). I really think this is a mistake but your average EA rep who answers the phone isn't going to know that. There's no way it was on sale as a presale promotion- that doesn't even make sense. And if it were on sale, they'd have all kinds of ads and whatnot that stated it was a sale. This is horrible that y'all are getting the runaround :(

We already talk to EA suport, the oficial answer is that the price is correct is not a mistake.
  • Options
    IceAxe18IceAxe18 Posts: 78 Member
    edited November 2017
    AValotto wrote: »
    We don't have motherlode in real life!!

That would be awesome to be able to type motherlode in real life :)

Anyways I think this is possibly a mistake on origin, but there could have been some law that changed at the last sec.
    CyberpowerPC Core I7 6900K / 3.2 GHZ
    Ram 32 GB
    SSD 500 GB
    HDD 3 TB
    GTX 1080 8 GB
    Win 10 Home 64 BIT
  • Options
    > @IceAxe18 said:
    > AValotto wrote: »
    >
    > We don't have motherlode in real life!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That would be awesome to be able to type motherlode in real life :)
    >
    >
    > Anyways I this is possibly a mistake on origin, but there could have been some law that changed at the last sec.

unfortunately it is not any of those cases :(
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    It's a world conspiracy to turn entertainment into a luxury.
    EA ; furthering the divide between the haves and the have nots.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    It's a world conspiracy to turn entertainment into a luxury.
    EA ; furthering the divide between the haves and the have nots.

entertainment is a luxury
    but I don't think they should have up the price that much or so close to when it comes out
    and I also think they should say why they did it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    KeepTalkingKeepTalking Posts: 26 New Member
    No warning whatsoever. 87% Price increased for no reason 3 days before the launch. Its the same price as the base game and the same price as several other full games.

EA you owe us an explanation as to why this sudden price change when all expansion packs always got released for R$79,90.

Don't forget that we buy this game because we respect all the effort you guys put into it, so please stop ignoring us, we deserve an explanation. Don't do that to your fans, we can always just download through other means but we chose to pay for the game out of respect and love for the sims crew. Show us some love as well.

Really if i pay this game in dollars is cheaper than if i buy it in real. Even if it was a sudden price ajust it would be R$ 130 instead of R$ 150.
  • Options
    Also Please The sims community i beg you even if you guys were not affected by this price change help us, if EA did this to us without no warning they can do it to you guys as well. Don't let it get worse before you guys take action.

EA, The sims staff, give us an explanation, don't do that to your fans
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Nooooooo it's gone up here in Uruguay too! :(
  • Options
    wx_lixwx_lix Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm from Latin America and I have seen some people with the same issue, I have it too, while the other expansions are the same price.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think it's interesting there are so many people in this particular thread with only 1-3 posts. I'm a bit suspicious actually. I've never seen so many new members in the same thread before. Like did 1 person make all of these accounts to further the cause or do I need a nap?
  • Options
    I only have a few posts because i never had any need to make a the sims forum account, not even make an account in the american forums.
  • Options
    KittiB_KittiB_ Posts: 1 New Member
    EA has lost all respect with the brazilian community! To raise the price in this way without justification is a crime. They must pay for this to learn to value the consumer. Many people will stop buying this package for the high price. If their intention is to make more profit, they will fail