Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to the Cats & Dogs price?

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    starshiastarshia Posts: 1 New Member
    black friday is a week away and if we only get 50% off it will practically go back to its original price so sorry, i just refuse to buy it. even though i’m excited for this expansion since august, EA is not getting any money from me if they keep disrespecting their customers like this, this is is an abusive practice and the price is not fair at all. i really hope everyone stops buying until they’re forced to lower the price. if they wanted to raise it like 20BRL i would be upset but eventually get over it and wait for when it’s on sale, but 70BRL? i can’t spend this kind of money on a game and even on sale it’s not fair to us, it’s more expensive than the base game for god’s sake!
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    Don't buy the game.
    Far too many people are tolerant of EAs skullduggery as it is.
    Eventually they need to be sent a message from fans of all their series.
    Im sticking with a heavily modded Sims 3 until they get their act together. I dont want Sims 5 to be even worse than 4.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Haha Seriously guys. The least to expect if they really wanna charge for a digital copy, that they have no cost for delivering, the US price, which is not our reality here, is to actually release an offical note fairly previously explaining the move and then in fact set the price as whatever it is in USD. They not just advertised it as R$79,90 as they switched it without warning 2 days before for an amount of money that is not only 87% higher but also 15% our monthly minimum wage, which is MORE than the converted price should be, and to crown the disrespect they are now lying to us saying the former price was a glitch. It's ultrageous, it's abusive, an exploitation, disrespectful, it shows their nasty intentions, it's a message in capital letters telling how little they care for us.

Well, but if they wanna jack up their value like this without making any sense, little they know that I can make that too. I've made a resolution since that now I don't just want the old price back, I'm paying way less. I'm not giving Cats & Dogs more than R$50. It doesn't matter how long it will take, I don't care anymore, if I have to wait until EA close doors to play that expansion so be it, I'm not minding it. From now on I'm showing them what I think their value really are.

Battlefront II has brought it closer hahaha Nice to finally see the world acknowledge EA's noxious practices. Hope it brings some light to our situation down here (and for the future of gaming overall).
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Battlefront II has brought it closer hahaha Nice to finally see the world acknowledge EA's noxious practices. Hope it brings some light to our situation down here (and for the future of gaming overall).
    Yeah, with this on top of BF2 debacle, I'm about ready to just not buy from EA anymore. I like the sims, but my dislike of people being screwed with outweighs any like of a particular video game.

I feel for any devs at Maxis and other EA-owned developers who are trying to do the right thing and have to deal with this stuff when it's not their fault. But I'm trying to do the right thing too. And if that means passing on good game content for the sake of customers being treated well... I may not always like it, but I'll do it. Partly just because they can always come for me next.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    This is really disappointing. I will never understand why companies do this to their consumers. I mean, yeah, I know the reason is money, but why would you want to alienate consumers or put them in this type of situation.
    And in their own self-interest why make decisions that will cause a loss in consumers? I’m just rambling at this point.

But this really wrong. I was hoping they would correct the situation but instead this was intentional.
    I’m sorry to all international players experiencing this.
    Triplis wrote: »
    Yeah, with this on top of BF2 debacle, I'm about ready to just not buy from EA anymore. I like the sims, but my dislike of people being screwed with outweighs any like of a particular video game.

I feel for any devs at Maxis and other EA-owned developers who are trying to do the right thing and have to deal with this stuff when it's not their fault. But I'm trying to do the right thing too. And if that means passing on good game content for the sake of customers being treated well... I may not always like it, but I'll do it. Partly just because they can always come for me next.
    You are completely right. They’ll never stop until they reach 100%.
    It’s a real shame but I’m not surprised. Upset but a part of me isn’t shocked at all.
    I know companies just want to make money but there are other ways.

tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    NellyStardustNellyStardust Posts: 24 New Member
    The ridiculous thing is that this isn't going to increase their profit, because it will actively stop people from buying the game who would otherwise be popping that thing in their shopping cart on release day! For a company to effectively limit the amount of sales they're going to make is just stupid.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    starshia wrote: »
    black friday is a week away and if we only get 50% off it will practically go back to its original price so sorry, i just refuse to buy it. even though i’m excited for this expansion since august, EA is not getting any money from me if they keep disrespecting their customers like this, this is is an abusive practice and the price is not fair at all. i really hope everyone stops buying until they’re forced to lower the price. if they wanted to raise it like 20BRL i would be upset but eventually get over it and wait for when it’s on sale, but 70BRL? i can’t spend this kind of money on a game and even on sale it’s not fair to us, it’s more expensive than the base game for god’s sake!

Just wait till the price goes down (it will eventually). I have the EP and it's not a big deal IMO (I think it sucks lol, but that's just me.) :lol: I'm currently playing other games that are better than the Sims 4. There are a lot of games out there which are more entertaining and not very expensive. This new EP is just... cats and dogs. *yawns* :smile: And what EA did to latin american fans is very disgraceful. I could buy my own real pet with that money (even if it's just a guinea pig or a rabbit.) :lol:
  • Options
    As far as I'm aware, this still hasn't been properly explained. The "statement" given doesn't explain what actually occurred, it just makes it sound like some accident, when reportedly there was a price increase for Brazil, comparative to past EP sale prices, that has stuck.

In other words, it seems they just upped the price and then tried to explain it away as an accident that the price was ever not higher than past packs.

@DeservedCriticism You want to add anything?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    "Ops, we were selling the game for the fair price. We sincerely apologize. Since we're EA it's getting fixed now with an increase of 87% in the value. Thank you for your support. You rule."
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    I'd buy a trash expansion just to have a complete collection.

Aaaaand that right there is exactly why EA always thinks they can get away with plum like this (among other issues involving TS4)
  • Options
    "Ops, we were selling the game for the fair price. We sincerely apologize. Since we're EA it's getting fixed now with an increase of 87% in the value. Thank you for your support. You rule."
    What I don't get is all the people who are normally all over EA about this game who have forgotten about this so easily, or haven't even commented at all. Did they all suddenly quit the forums? Or is something only an issue when it's about the game itself?

I mean, I would think this would be the kind of moment where I wouldn't need to say a word because they'd be all over it.

Maybe I should have defended it, so that people would argue with me and that'd keep it on the top more.
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I had no idea that this was happening, and I'm glad the thread was bumped because I think it's important to know how stuff is affecting other parts of the world. I looked up the exchange rate for the amount in £sterling and right now 149ish BRL is basically the cost of an EP in the UK. But when you factor in incomes and cost of living etc, it seems like a huge hike especially if it's double what the normal price is.

I've noticed, though, that what normally happens between the UK and the US with prices of things is that they just change the currency symbol. So normally things that sell in the US for $4.99 become £4.99 here to reflect the cost of living difference (or screw us over, never been totally sure of that). But with all the talk on stuff pack prices in the US being $10, I realised that isn't happening with the Sims. Our stuff packs are always £7.99 which is probably about $10. Which means that actually the US are paying more for stuff packs when put in comparison with cost of living etc, rather than the equivalent. That may be true for expansions as well.

I wonder how much EA are really taking into consideration the cost of living and the income of the audience nation when they set these prices. Because that Brazilian price hike seems so close to the actual UK full price of the C&D EP here when it was released, I wonder if that was the 'glitch'. It was priced globally without considering the local market...and that's why they don't see it as a 'mistake'.

I won't buy EPs at full price, I wait for the discount because £34 is nuts. But the bigger issue with this is that the price went UP, not that it was originally expensive. And they ought to have an explanation for that :/
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    wow. this is incredibly unfair. :'(
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Yes, it still has not changed and altough i love thesims4 and want to buy pets, i am not paying the price of an AAA basegame open world RPG on Steam that could give me 1 month of gameplay for a Thesims DLC on origin about puppies and kittens that i will get less than 10% of the play value in comparison, actually i would not pay that price on any game, this is one of the reasons i avoid playing on consoles, and whatever the guys who priced this dlc are smoking, i want some of it because they sure are high as the mount everest.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    they won't fix it, that's extremely disrespectful and unfair.
    I know that a significant amount of players are boycotting the game after this abusive price change, EA is just losing money.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2018
    they won't fix it, that's extremely disrespectful and unfair.
    I know that a significant amount of players are boycotting the game after this abusive price change, EA is just losing money.

It is outright a stupid business decision. Sure, i guess there are a few idiots with money growing on their pants to pay the price of Middle Earth : Shadow of War on Steam (So much for their desire of origin to compete with steam) for a Thesims4 dlc but most of the costumers in the affected countries probably won't do it even if they want to. But as aways EA is too self-important to admit a mistake instead of fixing problems that potentially hurt their income.
    jr73Y.gif