Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the ridiculous burglar rumor is true...

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
Ok so a few days ago a rumor about burglars not being in the game came up. Today I heard about it in a YouTube video and I just need to say a few things as to why this is ridiculous:

- They are silly and do not violate the T rating, so as far as I'm concerned it goes
- Probably everyone was expecting burglars anyway and I don't think that burglars being in the base game would be a deal breaker
- Vampires are worse than thieves! They pretty much hold your sims hostage! I mean they pop up out of nowhere, your sims can't leave any community places while the vampire is there and when they break into your lot they stare at you like some creep! and I'm not triggered just slightly annoyed cause I don't like my sims being held hostage for no reason

Lastly... If this is real they might as well confirm it... I'm not about to have an "EA silence on burglars" thread now, if they won't add them, fine don't, but tell us. Also if this is considered triggering I would like to request of a triggering SP , with burglars, piercings, body hair, funerals and bachelor and bachelorette parties.

PS: I'm surprised that these things are considered triggering... harvest moon is more triggering than TS4
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I just think it's silly gossip. were pools and toddlers triggering and that's why they were left out? until later at least. the nature of the sims burglars doesn't seem triggering at all (for reference I do have PTSD so I'm well-acquainted with my own personal triggers) because they're rather non-threatening and an annoyance at worst. cartoon burglars would be a very niche trigger and one I doubt EA would accommodate.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2017
    Then why are there things in the game like...
    • Vampire break-ins
    • House fires
    • Earthquakes
    • Alien abductions
    • Ghosts

All those things could potentially trigger someone. But still they're in the game.

So just add burglars, much of the community wants them back!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i think the forced impregnation that's already in the game is more "triggering" than this:
    tumblr_mpzc14UJGz1sa1o6mo1_500.gif

that guy was just stirring the pot.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2017
    Honestly, I agree with littlemissgogo and think it's silly gossip as well. I mean, the rumour came from a guy pulling a variation of the "Uncle who works for Nintendo" claim. That doesn't exactly give the rumour a lot of credibility, and even if this forum-goer does have a friend who works for EA Sports then that's an entirely different division of the company so even then it's probably still just workplace gossip.

It seems some of the possible reasons that some people are buying into this outrageous rumour is because they're looking for some reason burglars aren't there when they should've been in the base game to begin with as well as because it appears to line up with some people's political biases.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi folks, the original thread "WHY WE HAVE NO "BURGLARS", THE EA INTERNAL RUMOR." was closed just yesterday by EA_leeloo as a result of flamebaiting and political discussion. As she has highlighted the topic had been thoroughly discussed so I'll be closing this thread off also.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top