Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

romance gp

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think it's clear to see this is something a vast majority of us want updated or added. There's many awesome ideas and I think it shows that people want more romance, love, cuteness, loyalty, etc in the Sims world. I'm sure the gurus see this and I'm sure they take note....but I know the reality of it. Next patch or pack we're going to get more freaking chairs lol

I hope your right about the gurus seeing this @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruPJ
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think it's clear to see this is something a vast majority of us want updated or added. There's many awesome ideas and I think it shows that people want more romance, love, cuteness, loyalty, etc in the Sims world. I'm sure the gurus see this and I'm sure they take note....but I know the reality of it. Next patch or pack we're going to get more freaking chairs lol

I hope your right about the gurus seeing this @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruPJ

I tweeted this thread to TheSims on Twitter a while back. I sent them a link.
  • Options
    oh th

I tweeted this thread to TheSims on Twitter a while back. I sent them a link.

oh thanks @catloverplayer
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    The vast majority of this should be a free add-on especially towards those of us that purchased the romantic garden pack pfft
  • Options
    The vast majority of this should be a free add-on especially towards those of us that purchased the romantic garden pack pfft

I don't think so this would have to be a big update some of it sure but only because I don't think some of it could work without a base game update
  • Options
    I wish our sims could put their hands in their partner's hair and rub it. That's so romantic.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    We see it @comicsforlife & @catloverplayer. ;)
    I certainly can't weigh in with any solid info into what we are currently making or may be considering for the future, but I will absolutely confirm that we're regularly watching these boards and take your collective input seriously.

So even if you don't hear from us directly often, THANK YOU for caring about this game and offering feedback/suggestions/ideas/etc. You folks are really the best gaming community out there. We hear and love ya!
  • Options
    We see it @comicsforlife & @catloverplayer. ;)
    I certainly can't weigh in with any solid info into what we are currently making or may be considering for the future, but I will absolutely confirm that we're regularly watching these boards and take your collective input seriously.

So even if you don't hear from us directly often, THANK YOU for caring about this game and offering feedback/suggestions/ideas/etc. You folks are really the best gaming community out there. We hear and love ya!

Awesome. Thanks SimGuruNinja.
  • Options
    yes thank you
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    it would be nice to have another romance aspiration after all we've only had two since base game

I always felt that the reward for completing the soulmate aspiration was pretty weak. I've always wished for a faithfulness trait, and it would have been an appropriate trait reward for sims completing this aspiration. Looking at the other side of the spectrum, the serial romantic aspiration gets the perfect reward - the 'player trait', giving them the ability to be with several partners at the same time. Why can't soulmate aspiration be just what it states.... become true soulmates? Instead, the couple gets two extra interactions that really has no impact.

I am a little hopeful after I saw that the flower-arranging hobby does have an arrangement that gives a faithfulness buff(?). However, it is temporary and very one-sided, so I hope there is something in the works for a permanent faithfulness trait.

As for stuff to add to a romance pack, I would like to echo sleeping in each other's arms/spooning, cuddling, holding hands, slow-dancing, taking walks together ...... pretty much anything with a prolonged interaction where the sims can be affectionate with each other.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    And all of this is null and void until EA puts proper loyalty/faithful traits for Sims. They can have all the romance in the world, cute interactions, be soul mates, etc, but all it takes is for one stupid flirty towny to come around and say something and screw it all up...also that horrible enchanting introduction that my Sims always seem to try and get away with every now and then and they're NOT flirty. I don't even understand why it's an issue. I mean they were ok in putting in flirty "player" interactions, but they can't have loyalty??? The soul mate aspiration gives a burden sharing perk...what good is that even? Like I said, it's all great to want more interactions because trust me I'm dying for them myself and that includes handholding, snuggling in bed, slow dancing, etc, but it all is for naught if Sims can't be loyal to their partners. I know it's no fault of theirs, it's lazy programming, but ugh just the same.

I'm reading this thread backwards and just stumbled on your post. If I'd seen this sooner, I would have just quoted you and said DITTO! :) My current game right now isn't so bad - knock on wood - but I have one save where the flirting is so out of control, it's ridiculous. I think I'd posted on here how I had to repeat the same wedding four times as the wedding guests (mostly relatives) would hit on the bride or groom, completely ruining the event. That same couple ran a retail lot, and customers would constant flirt. It came to a point where I just got fed up, abandoned the retail lot and just made them rich by gardening.

• Options
    You know what might be a good idea and probably easy for the gurus to do when it comes to loyalty? Make it a trait you buy with those aspiration points! They have a heavy and slender potion so why not have a player and loyal potion? Or just leave your Sims without it for that mix too? Ok, a'yup that's it! They can just ADD it in the game in a patch...loyalty in a trait potion....here that my wonderful gurus????? This will not only satisfy those of us that want certain Sims LOYAL to their significant other, but also letting that flirty or player type be an option too. Come on y'all! I'm sure this can happen.!
  • Options
    CopendraCopendra Posts: 8 New Member
    Weddings also need to be updated, completely. The cakes are not diverse enough, no veils - no first couple's dances!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Copendra wrote: »
    Weddings also need to be updated, completely. The cakes are not diverse enough, no veils - no first couple's dances!

I agree more cake is needed and I would really like to have veils
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I'd love if this were to be the next pack but unlikely unfortunately.. hopefully We'll see all things love in the near future
  • Options
    I'd love if this were to be the next pack but unlikely unfortunately.. hopefully We'll see all things love in the near future

yes hopefully
  • Options
    I want the love tester back
  • Options

Yes so do I but if the couple test high I'd like for them to autonomously kiss.
  • Options

Yes so do I but if the couple test high I'd like for them to autonomously kiss.

me to thats a great idea @catloverplayer
  • Options
    I think a try on wedding dress option would be nice to have on dressers
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2018

Yes. I would love this :)

Even take it one step further: have a shop for wedding attire event. An engaged Sim tries on different dresses/tuxes for their family/friends who help to pick the winner. It would be something like the Try On action of the closet. Only, it would be more meaningful and sentimental.

It would be wonderful to have a dais object which the engaged Sim stands on to show off the outfit while friends watch and give their opinions.

enzXZCQ.jpg
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

Even take it one step further: have a shop for wedding attire event. An engaged Sim tries on different dresses/tuxes for their family/friends who help to pick the winner. It would be something like the Try On action of the closet. Only, it would be more meaningful and sentimental.

It would be wonderful to have a dais object which the engaged Sim stands on to show off the outfit while friends watch and give their opinions.

enzXZCQ.jpg

I like that idea @Cynna thats way better then my idea
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

enzXZCQ.jpg

Nah, it isn't necessarily better. It was your idea. :) All I did was suggest adding a function that was already in the game.

I'm a sucker for romance and sentimental/memorable moments. If only EA would add a fraction of the imaginative ideas in this thread, TS4 would start to feel like a completely different game (in a good way).

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options

It would be wonderful to have a dais object whiuch the engaged Sim stands on to show off the outfit while friends watch and give their opinions.

enzXZCQ.jpg

Nah, it isn't necessarily better. It was your idea. :) All I did was suggest adding a function that was already in the game.

I'm a sucker for romance and sentimental/memorable moments. If only EA would add a fraction of the imaginative ideas in this thread, TS4 would start to feel like a completely different game (in a good way).

well SimGuruNinja did say they were watching so its possible that they may use some of the ideas @Cynna
  • Options

It would be wonderful to have a dais object whiuch the engaged Sim stands on to show off the outfit while friends watch and give their opinions.

enzXZCQ.jpg

well SimGuruNinja did say they were watching so its possible that they may use some of the ideas @Cynna

As long as they make LOYALTY a factor otherwise the rest will be in vain :P