Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @lanlyn Thanks so much for the comments. @Charlottesmom had mentioned that you did a mummy curse story and I did go to your blog site to look, but couldn't figure out which story it might be in or how to do ctrl f search using mummy curse. I should have just asked ya! I had never had a cursed sim so if it ever happens again I will try one of the other cures.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @bekkasan My mummy curse experience was with Bunter a couple of years ago. This was back when Lord Piers had "research subject" roommates boarding at the mansion, and Bunter was Exploring His Options, romance-wise. The curse happened on one of Bunter's dates with a roommate. The story line took awhile to get through. But here are the posts that covered it if you want to read through them.

02-10. A Date For Disaster: Part 1
    02-11. A Date For Disaster: Part 2
    02-12. A Date For Disaster: Part 3
    02-14. It Takes a Curse to Cure a Curse
    02-17. Change Is In The Air

BTW, on the right hand side column of my blog is a small search field. It's pretty effective at bringing up words found anywhere in the blog. A search will at least give you an idea about where to look in the Table of Contents lists for related entries. All my posts are tagged by worlds too.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Oh I just discovered your thread! I'm bookmarking it so I can go back and catch up on past updates! Got so many stories to read and occupy my time with.=)
  • Options
    @lanlyn Thanks for the links and I will look at them later today. :) I'm drinking coffee, looking at threads and trying to decide what I need to do first today....housework for sure. :)

@Springfairy556 I hope you enjoy it. This is the longest I've ever played one extended family and I'm glad I made a thread for it to keep it all together. I do love this family and hope you enjoy reading in your spare time. :)
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @bekkasan , So cute Shea giving Seth a bit of fairy dust...she must be a nervous wreck!
    **The scenery!! Great shots...The Sphinx is quite impressive in Sims, I gotta admit.
    **Stinks Rafe can’t help Seth but it is good he has to work this through himself. I’m not worried because you would’t kill off a main character in your story. ;) (I hope) :o
    **The rooms sure look intimidating!
    **Good thing Autumn can help Shea with relaxing and sleep...she much be going nutso.

Great update, can’t wait to see what happens!! :smiley:
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Charlottesmom I had to smile because we both pretty much gave the same comments to @bekkasan on this chapter. :blush:
    I love how much we think alike. :kissing_heart:

My feedback quote from the main thread:
    Aww, Shea leaving Seth with some fairy dust. <3
    I see @Emily4331 's pretty sandals on Autumn there. ;)
    Oh my gosh those pictures of the sphinx with it's eyes glowing and the door opening, SUPER COOL!! :star:
    Darn that Rafe can't help him... :(;)
    Seth looks about the room and strips down to his briefs...
    ^I'm listening... :smirk:
    :lol:
    Glad Rafe could show Autumn they are ok and that Autumn could help Shea feel at peace and rest. <3
    Awesome update! Great writing! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

@Charlottesmom Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :smiley:
    I really do love the WA worlds. They did a great job for the most part on them. France could have used a bit more romantic things in it in my opinion since they didn't do as many tombs. When I send sims there I will put my gondola build in as that will add another place for them to enjoy some romance in the gondola. They don't need that empty castle out in the boonies do they? :lol:

Did I tell you guys that some of the decisions on this trip are made by tossing hubby's weird dice? I still haven't tossed it to the big question....curse death or heal? I think that is why I needed the break to come to terms with what might happen, plus, hubby wanted me to try that game Horizon and was bugging me about it. :love: I was gonna play yesterday, but chickened out. I don't know how y'all do it.

@emorrill :) Thanks so much for commenting here too! <3 Yes, I did like those sandals and I got the other sandal she made too.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @bekkasan What an interesting idea to let the dice choose your sim's fates. That sounds like a fun way to put a bit of spontaneity in. I'm a bit nervous now that I know Seth's chances are 50/50 :grimace:
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Rafe and Autumn's Story
    The Sphinx Part 2

Seth awakens suddenly. His heart is racing from a nightmare. He is exhausted as if he had not slept. His vision is darker, his body aches and creaks as he moves stiffening more each day as the curse takes hold. He takes out the fairy dust and lets it run between his fingers feeling some of Shea's spirit enter his. He misses her dreadfully, but he is realistic that she could not join him on this quest. He changes, getting ready for his trial.
    Rafe is waiting for him, nagging him to eat. They have some of the dried foods and he tries some of the dried fruit which might be nutritious, but wasn't particularly tasteful. He doesn't really care at this point. His mouth is dry as the desert.
    30528201007_9b40ef7357_b.jpg
    45416781852_2172997826_b.jpg

They work together packing up the tent as they may need it later for Seth to rest. Seth finishes searching the treasure room barely registering the golden objects and gems that are stored in the room. He discovers a pressure plate that hopefully opens the door in the room with the stairs. They backtrack to the previous room and open the now unlocked door and carefully walk down a long corridor. Luckily, no traps were found. Seth deciphers the runes on the wall next to the door at the end of the corridor. It reads: The violet path is the chosen path when air turns to water. Do not stray into pools of darkness. He looks at Rafe. "I hope that makes sense once we enter this room."
    45669711921_8945783ea6_b.jpg
    45520325792_853f6646e3_b.jpg

They enter a beautiful room with many fine sculptures, sarcophagi, intriguing carved and painted panels on the walls and several dive wells. Rafe's curiosity gets the best of him. While Seth explores the room, Rafe reads the panels and shares the story with Seth. The panels tell the story of the Sentinel of the Great Sphinx whose own father was cursed by a mummy and doomed to die. The Sentinel spent years studying ancient texts and prayers to find a way to cure the curse to prevent anyone else from dying such a tragic death. He devoted the remainder of his life to building the Sphinx, his chosen tomb. He did indeed learn the secrets of the curse and how to cleanse a cursed one. With his death looming he learned how to remain in the world in spirit form. As he lay dying, his eldest son, a priest to the fates, performed the ceremony to keep his spirit bound to his tomb. His body was placed in a special sarcophagus in the heart of the Sphinx. The Sphinx houses his spirit, keeps it safe from the netherworld demons, protected by the fates and the spells woven in the walls. The cursed ones must find him by solving the riddles in the tomb and prove their worthiness to be cleansed. Seth stops in his search and marvels at the story. "I am blessed that he devoted his life to finding a cure for the curse. We must hurry though."
    Seth completes his survey of the room. The warning at the entry to the room makes sense now. Three of the wells are filled with dark murky waters. The fourth well's water is violet in color.
    45570772251_55328e5731_b.jpg
    30528200677_879f935ded_b.jpg

Seth strips down to his briefs once again and dives in the violet well. The waters are warm and surprising clean after the eons in a closed tomb. He is able to see easily in the depths of the well and quickly finds a lever that he hopes will open the doorway to an inner chamber. He climbs out of the well and sees Rafe standing in front of an opening that was just a wall before. The panel was hidden and opened with the lever he pulled.
    45416781512_b5597012ec_b.jpg
    30528200377_c43006045a_b.jpg
    30528200087_d5819e17b8_b.jpg

They slowly travel down another long corridor and find no traps. They door at the end of the corridor is not locked and both are surprised at the next room. It looks like a large conference room with many chairs and a table. The walls are covered with panels of carved Egyptian scenes and hieroglyphic symbols. Seth looks at Rafe and asks, "Do they hold meetings in the afterlife? It looks like I need to find a star key to open that chained door. I'll get busy looking."
    44945260414_86e2eaf6c1_b.jpg
    44755697975_d15d59fc9d_b.jpg
    30528199757_ddc0edcfcc_b.jpg

Seth opens a hidden door and discovers......a bath. Another hidden door opens into a very comfortable looking bedroom. He finds the star key on a table and takes it. He calls Rafe in to see his discoveries. "Well, this is an interesting set up in the tomb. He certainly wanted his creature comforts in the afterlife."
    Rafe looks around the comfortable rooms. "Perhaps knowing what his father went through he knew how the cursed one would be feeling and made these rooms as a resting place on the journey."
    30528199507_25427284c4_b.jpg
    45416780242_a619067a83_b.jpg
    30528199157_57398936e5_b.jpg
    45520325572_8b78420bbb_b.jpg

Rafe decides this is the perfect spot for Seth to rest and calls a halt to the explorations for the evening. He can see Seth is exhausted. He has a bottle of plasma and Seth has a few pieces of dried fruit. Seth decides to take advantage of the amenities and soaks his sore muscles and stiff bones in a warm bath. He later collapses in the bed hoping for a more restful sleep without nightmares.
    30528196227_858787afa6_b.jpg
    30528195887_db222f6d73_b.jpg

Shea and Autumn take the children to the village as a change of scenery. They are both trying to keep their minds on anything other than their husbands. Autumn at least can communicate with Rafe telepathically if the distance is not to far. They must be deeper in the tomb as she cannot hear him anymore.
    The kids get restless wandering the market and Will calls out "beach, beach!" in his insistent autocratic tone that he inherited from his Dad. Autumn and Shea get the kids settled in the car and they enjoy the rest of the day at the oasis watching the kids play at the 'beach'.
    30528197897_8cc63e6a83_b.jpg
    30528197667_aa5345e815_b.jpg
    30528197517_8ebd6242c3_b.jpg
    30528197327_2fd92c4190_b.jpg
    30528197107_4f96b0ed46_b.jpg
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bekkasan You are very brave to let dice decide the fate of your sims!
    The runes are very cryptic!
    What love the Sentinel must have had for his father and what a good man as well to devote his life (and afterlife) to sufferers of the mummy curse!
    It pays to read or Seth might have chosen the wrong well!
    Very thoughtful of the Sentinel to make things comfortable for questers :)
    The kids are adorable in the wading pool :) I hope it's not too much longer because Autumn and Shea must be worried sick!
  • Options
    @coco Thanks for the comment. It has been interesting and hubby helped set up the 'rules' for the dice as I'd never done that before. I'm such a wuss that I'm still putting off the final throw. He tells me if I can't do it, he will. LOL Like that helps!

@Mikezumi Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :) See my note to @coco....am not brave, being a wuss right now. :smiley::open_mouth:
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @bekkasan I read your update on the other thread and loved it! The story about the Sphinx, the curse and the Sentinel was very interesting. I don't think I've been to that tomb as I don't remember seeing a conference room lol. At least they both can get clean and have a nice rest before continuing on. I'm anxious for the next update and hope that Seth will be alright. I didn't recognise Autumn at first without her hair! Will is such an adorable mini-Rafe :blush:
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan I left you comments on the recent chapter on the main thread. :blush: (I finally got around to feedback! )

And you get an Awesome here too because let's face it...you're Awesome. <3

:kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

@coco Thanks so much for the comments. :) I decided Autumn and Shea shouldn't wear their skimpy clothes in the market place. I really liked Autumns hair wrap, but it sure changes her without that flaming red/orange hair. :wink:

@emorrill Thanks for the comments here and there! Awww....you are so awesome yourself. <3
  • Options
    @bekkasan Great description of what is happening to Seth, how he feels physically. Love the idea about Shea's fairy dust helping to soothe him. Sim fairies can be pranksters, but with their aura abilities, I also see them as healers. ...Nice log of Seth and Rafe's trip through the tomb too. ...The history about the Sentinel was cool. The afterlife "creature comforts" rooms. ...Meanwhile, Shea and Autumn also have to be brave while still taking care of the toddlers. ...Loved the update! Awesome.
  • Options
    @lanlyn Thanks so much for reading and commenting. :) I'm glad you are enjoying it.
    I hope those kids of yours have made it out of danger. :wink: Someday when you get time would love to read it. :smiley:
  • Options
    @bekkasan I do plan to finish up that convoluted story line of mine! I got bogged down because I expanded Bunter's story, thinking about his future. So I've had to rewrite his meeting with Emad to make it flow into his changed future. :s
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Rafe and Autumn's Story
    The Sphinx, Part 3

Seth sleeps, and Rafe watches over him. He slipped into his mind to keep the nightmares at bay to try and give him a peaceful night. Seth tosses and turns despite Rafe's best efforts. The mummy's curse is forceful and resilient against Rafe's efforts at keeping Seth free of the nightmares.
    44899751085_034e0319e8_b.jpg

Seth awakens feeling dispirited and exhausted. His bones creak and rub together as he attempts to get out of bed. He falls backwards in pain. He grits his teeth together and tries again, this time managing to get up. The darkness in his vision has increased so he can only see a few shadows in his periphery and a small area directly in front of him. It is day 13 since he was cursed. He does not have much longer and he knows it. The curse is taking over.
    45812725391_fd3bc51bbd_b.jpg

Rafe hears him stirring and comes in to check on Seth. He watches him grimace in pain and struggle to get out of the bed. He hates seeing his best friend hurting and in pain. He tries to slip into Seth's mind to ease the pain using his powers. He can barely get through the murkiness and darkness that is Seth's mind to ease his pain. The curse is affecting Seth's brain and the darkness is taking over.
    44899748575_f9b3fc3a6a_b.jpg
    44899748145_acc1077b21_b.jpg
    43995992190_53a22b71a1_b.jpg

Rafe watches as Seth struggles to get dressed. He wonders if he must bite him now or wait a little longer. Trade one curse for the other? At least with vampirism he will be alive.....sort of. Is that the answer? Rafe was born a vampire and knows no other life. Seth had told him in the past that he did not want to be a vampire when they discussed the advantages and disadvantages of being a vampire when Seth discovered Rafe's secret. Autumn was turned in a violent encounter with rogue vampires, but, she adjusted with the love and support of her brother Victor who was also turned in that encounter.
    Rafe knows he cannot lose his best friend and will do what he has to do to save Seth from death. Seth, his best friend, husband of the beautiful Shea, and soon to be a father, but does not even know that yet. That child will not be raised without a father! Rafe's decision is made. If they do not find the Sentinel in the next few hours Rafe will turn Seth before the curse destroys him completely.
    45826916051_138e387263_b.jpg

Seth's pain eases up a bit and he knows Rafe did something in his brain to ease the pain. He knows that Rafe would not normally do any of his mind tricks with him but he is grateful for the relief of the pain. He looks at Rafe to tell him thank you and is a little concerned with how Rafe is looking at him. Does he look that bad, like he is getting ready to keel over? What is Rafe thinking about? He is watching him so intently. Seth decides he really does not want to know the answer so does not ask the question.
    45102419584_f775113bba_b.jpg

Rafe makes him eat some more of the dehydrated food hoping it will help him get through the next few hours. After he finishes eating, he uses the star key and opens up the locked door. They enter the next room to see fire traps throughout the room. Despite the cloudiness in his brain Seth is able to work out the path through the traps and disarm them. They eventually make it through the room to the stairs on the other side.
    45416779842_a4a5a05230_b.jpg
    30528196927_03c9cc1c76_b.jpg
    30528196607_50199d302c_b.jpg
    44899750635_97b8decaf2_b.jpg
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    What a struggle for both of them - for Seth trying to get through and for Rafe wanting to save his friend even if that means curing him with vampirism which he knows his friend has never really wanted but, like Rafe, I agree that the baby should not be without a father!
  • Options

Rafe and Autumn's Story
    The Sphinx, Part 4

A grand staircase leads upwards and they climb to the top of the staircase. "I sense we are getting close." Seth hurries to the door.
    "Be careful, and don't rush, there may still be traps." Rafe cautions Seth.
    43995993840_2de0515130_b.jpg
    43995993400_72c0055a15_b.jpg

Seth opens the panel in the wall revealing the next room. Lined up on either side of the room are Guardians of the Sentinel, half man, half beast. They must be nearing the Sentinel's room. Their eyes seem to follow Seth as he makes his way across the room.
    30528195577_37c95e5d79_b.jpg
    30528195417_8d73fe3bb3_b.jpg

The Sentinel's final resting place is a room that glows with a dazzling light. Seth's diminishing eyesight can even discern the beautiful light. He feels hope in his heart that the Sentinel will hear his plea and cure him. Hope is all he has, the alternative is death and he is not ready for that. He approaches the Soulpeace statue searching the light that emanates from it. The light draws him forward, encouraging him to seek the peace it offers.
    30528195267_726f73a18f_b.jpg
    30528194827_d2d0448787_b.jpg

Seth sits on the floor and begins to meditate. He tells the Sentinel how he was cursed and his search for a cure. He pleads with the Sentinel to hear his prayers and heal him of this curse. He feels very calm and relaxed. For the first time in days a peace settles over him as he talks with the Sentinel. His body rises in the air as his mind clears of all the worries and stresses he has been going through.
    44743395304_0f2e006aca_b.jpg
    30528194547_59843ea506_b.jpg

Seth senses a change and yet has no fear of what is coming. His body is warming up, he feels flickers of light and energy flowing through him. He is not worried, the Sentinel has embraced him in peace and warmth and love. Rafe watches helplessly as his friend meditates and communes with the Sentinel. He does not sense any hostility in the room, but, his love and concern for Seth almost overwhelm him. The energy in the room envelops him as well and he calms down, relaxing knowing his friend is in good hands.
    30528194017_6cf4b897b8_b.jpg

The room explodes in a bright white light. The white light encloses both Seth and the Soulpeace statue. The white light is cleansing Seth. The Sentinel removes the curse from Seth and entices it into the statue. It cannot harm the Sentinel's spirit and becomes inert in the void.

Go in peace Seth Armor, you are protected ever more from the mummy curse.

The room returns to its normal glow. Seth bows before the Sentinel thanking him for the cleansing and protection. Rafe has seen many things in his lifetime, but nothing so amazing as the Sentinel who is giving his afterlife to help those cursed by the mummies. He thanks the Sentinel for saving his friend.
    44743394104_5ba023798c_b.jpg
    44743394024_cba09504af_b.jpg
    44743393674_7e3afb13f0_b.jpg
    44915118185_3268370fba_b.jpg

Seth is amazed at how good he feels. His eyesight is normal, no darkness in his soul, his bones no longer creak and hurt. He actually feels stronger than before. He crosses over to where Rafe is waiting for him. "I'm so glad that it is over! I do have one question for you though. Would you have done it? I'm pretty sure I know what you were thinking about this morning."
    Rafe looks at him innocently. "Done what?" he asks.
    45103851564_1097267e2d_b.jpg

"Turn me!" Seth exclaims.
    "Oh, that." Rafe snickers
    31957682948_ed76021f68_b.jpg

"In a fricken heartbeat." Rafe tells him. "You did not realize you were being timed this morning. You only had three hours from my decision earlier this morning to find the Sentinel. I did not think you had much over three hours of time left and no way was I losing you to a mummy's curse. I love you Seth. You are the brother I never had and always wanted. You are my best friend and you just found your Shea and have so much to live for. I did not want to do it against your will but, I would have done it. Just for the record, you can decide to become a fairy, or, decide to become a vampire. One way or the other you will stay by my side and be my brother. Humans are just too fragile!"
    31957682698_b9005b763d_b.jpg

"Quit being such a bossy older brother!" Seth reaches out and hugs Rafe. " I love you and am glad you always have my back. I know I wouldn't have made it without you here to keep me going. Helping me through the pain and making me eat that nasty dehydrated stuff to keep my strength up. I will think seriously on what you say and of course talk with Shea about the choices.
    44743392724_90f34e499d_b.jpg

Rafe sends a quick mental thought to Autumn that all is well and they will call once out of the tomb. The way out of the tomb is very quick compared to the way in. They have barely stepped out of the Sphinx when they stop and call their ladies both needing to hear their voices and let them know that Seth is healthy and whole again.
    30528247927_dc6e228bcf_b.jpg
    44920669645_71d56db155_b.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks for reading and commenting. :) I appreciate it. Hope you like part 4. :)
  • Options
    @bekkasan Beautiful shots of Seth and Rafe as they approach the Sentinel!
    The rooms and the statues are gorgeous!
    What a sweet smile on Seth's face while meditating :)
    Wow! Dazzling light!
    Love the conversation and faces between Seth and Rafe afterwards :)
    What a beautiful relationship the boys have. They should be friends forever so I hope that Seth does decide to join Shea as a fairy :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks so much for the comments. :)
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @bekkasan I´m glad he made it and did not have to be turned. It´s an interesting story!
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan Loved both of these updates. ...So cool that Rafe watched over Seth during the night so that Seth could rest. ...The stiffness is very realistic. And the restricted vision. Great descriptions of what Seth was experiencing. And I'm glad he understands why Rafe is using his powers to help him with the pain. Working through the crypt requires a lot of energy and strength. ...I can also understand Rafe turning Seth before letting him die. ...Those final scenes were awesome! Loved the Soulpeace statue. And the meditation scenes. Even Rafe started to relax his vigil over his friend. ...Great screenshots of the white light. Really cool ending! ...LOL at "in a fricken heartbeat!" Great answer. Of course Rafe would have turned Seth! But Seth had a good answer back: "quit being such a bossy older brother!" And they called the girls the minute they had a chance. Perfect. ...I'm so glad Seth had a happy ending. He has a lot to live for! ...Great writing. Thank you for sharing this story because the Soulpeace cure is something I've never done.