Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Creating "Unnatural" Cats & Dogs?

Comments

• Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    @filipomel That's a great idea! I might actually create an alien to breed cats instead of a witch and instead of muted colors and dots they'd be in neon colors and with all kinds of other markings. There was a rainbow dog in the trailer so I think that'd be pretty possible! Can't wait to see how the genetics of the pets will work out.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I didn't think about it before, but now I am definitely going to try to make alien pets!
  • Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    I will get myself the Eeveelutions from Pokemon AND other Pokemon that are cat-/doglike.... also I want a Dragon Age mabari. The cat from Alice in Wonderland sounds good, too!! UUUUAHAHAH I CAN'T WAIT!
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    Uuuh, what about the sailor moon cats! <3
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I am uncertain as to the power of the create a pet tool, but if it is anything like I am lead to believe it appears to be like, then I will most definitely be designing some big cat pelt types. :) Such as leopards/cheetah/tiger/pallas cat!
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Void critter pets anyone?
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I loved their lisa frank looking cat from the blog post so I'll probably download that one or create my own. I'd also love to replicate nyan cat, everyone's favorite pop tart cat. I can see a lot of really creative pets being shared on the gallery, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I wonder if we can make a white or black fox?
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Remember in Sims 2 where you could unlock pet colors (and breeds? I forget) depending on your pet's career advancement?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My cat was 1/4 Bobcat and 3/4 Domestic Short-hair. Her hind legs were slightly longer than her front legs (typical for a Bobcat) and she had the short Bobcat tail. I may try to Sim her, IF the game has what I need to do it (not gonna "settle on" anything)! I had her for 21 yrs before she developed breathing issues, and I was forced to put her to sleep.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    TazzykikiTazzykiki Posts: 751 Member
    I plan on making a demon poodle for Vlad!
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I already have a Sim family that really needs an alien dog, so that's the first I'll do.

And I somehow want to make a rainbow cat. Not for the same household, but maybe as a pet for some premades.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I had her for 21 yrs before she developed breathing issues, and I was forced to put her to sleep.

Now that is one really old cat!! Do wild cats live longer?
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    I had her for 21 yrs before she developed breathing issues, and I was forced to put her to sleep.

Now that is one really old cat!! Do wild cats live longer?

21 isn't unusual for a cat. It's not common, but it can happen.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    not necessarily "unnatural" but I'd like to give all the neko atsume cats a go.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @tobumon - I really doubt it, since they must battle things like rabies, ticks carrying Lyme disease, and such. It really can take a toll on their immune systems and shorten their lifespan. Also, other predators and the elements can be can be really harsh on cubs.

@kwanzaabot - I think the reason she lived so long was because she was a 100% indoor cat. She never wanted to go outside, so I just kept her in. I got her when she had just been weaned off mama cat's milk, so she never dealt with ticks or anything that could make her sick. For the most part, I think about 15 to 17 years is about average for a house cat.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    yodamiiyodamii Posts: 106 Member
    I don't think I will be experimenting with crazy colours all that much, but if the create-a-pet exceeds my expectations and will allow for having very large animals, with the possibility of enlarging or reducing certain body parts in addition to that (like ears or tail) then I will be making some interesting creatures :) I will attempt some cheetahs, lions, etc., but will also just work from my imagintion trying to make something completely different.

Also, I'd love to see a variety of skin/coat textures or appearances... like glossy, spiky etc
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    yodamii wrote: »
    I don't think I will be experimenting with crazy colours all that much, but if the create-a-pet exceeds my expectations and will allow for having very large animals, with the possibility of enlarging or reducing certain body parts in addition to that (like ears or tail) then I will be making some interesting creatures :) I will attempt some cheetahs, lions, etc., but will also just work from my imagintion trying to make something completely different.

Also, I'd love to see a variety of skin/coat textures or appearances... like glossy, plum etc

This brings up an interesting speculation... I wonder if there will be cheats to make pets larger? Such as, having a cat that is the size of a large dog. That would be interesting xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    With the brush options I really want to make some galaxy-patterned animals. I really like space
  • Options
    AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    Now that you all mentioned it I have to make an alien cat! I also have two guinea pigs so I'm going to try to make them into dogs with CAP and see how funny they look
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • Options
    Just reviving this thread. With all the new information on CAP maybe some people have got new ideas about what kind of pets to create?
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    i'm gonna make pokémon

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    This isn't that unnatural per say, but I want my sims to have a little tiger or a cheetah looking cat.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have a few ideas for a robodog and a patchwork cat.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I will get myself the Eeveelutions from Pokemon AND other Pokemon that are cat-/doglike.... also I want a Dragon Age mabari. The cat from Alice in Wonderland sounds good, too!! UUUUAHAHAH I CAN'T WAIT!

I would love to have a mabari but I need a couple of cats first :)
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I have a few ideas for a robodog and a patchwork cat.
    @Dannydanbo I just love those special "fur" types! I wish there was a special voice for robodogs though. But aside from that minor thing, it's an awesome little addition.