Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Creating "Unnatural" Cats & Dogs?

I saw a post where someone was planning to create a demonic hound for their vampire Sims and thought it was a really cool idea! It seems that with the new Create A Pet system, we will be able to be more creative than ever when making our cats and dogs! I remember when TS3: Pets arrived, there was a trend of creating Poke'mon lol. So what sort of unusual pets will you be creating? Can be of your own imagination, recreations of cartoon animals, whatever. Also, if you have any cool, unnatural pets from past games you'd like to share (especially if you plan to recreate them) please share some pics =^-^=

Here are a few of mine,

First up, from The Sims 2, Jake the Dog and Cake the Cat (and Finn and Fiona the Humans):

32F1Fnz.jpg

Bv6Vf3K.jpg

And from The Sims 3, Catbug and Puppycat:

hvf3PC2.jpg

diYciyS.png

Xlx6jqc.jpg

q0nPQCZ.png
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    But of course.

I've got an X-Men poster hanging above my PC, and I keep looking up at Beast with his big blue kitty face, and I'm thinking, I have to make him.

I also want to make some exotic animals, like a miniature tiger.
    I also wanna take a stab at making some video game dogs, like a Mabari or Dogmeat. They're pretty ordinary dogs, but it'd be fun to try.
    wJbomAo.png
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Ditto on the Dogmeat and mabari! I'll probably give spooky style pets a try as well. Maybe some unusual colors and patterns that some breeds realistically don't have. I'm definitely going to make some uniquely colored raccoons and foxes.
    6riwm5.png
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    With that paint brush tool, I'll probably go all out a couple of times yea
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I like the rainbow striped cat from the promo trailers <3 So I will download her on the gallery, once cats and dogs is released.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    In sims 3 I would have a witch who would own and breed sparkly cats. They had semi-unnatural, muted colors and their main feature were bright little dots all over their coats. If we get witches again I will recreate her and her cats. I even had a special name for the sparkly cat breed but I forgot what it was, it was such a long time ago. I wish I could find the tumblr with the pictures again but I forgot what it was or what my e-mail was back then.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I'm gonna make a shampoo bottle.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think I read that pets can be ghosts, so, yes for a ghost cat.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I'm not good with creating, but I can't wait to see what pops up on the gallery.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I wanna try and create the cat in Alice in the Wonderland, we'll see how that turns out for me haha
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'll go crazy with the colours for sure! :D
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited August 2017
    In Sims 3 I made lots of animated dog characters like Scooby Doo, Gaogamon, the wolves in Wolf's Rain, the wolves from Beauty and the beast, Mightyena, Balto, Steele, Charlie B. Barkin and Dodger. The tools gave me what I needed to make them look pretty cartoony. The Sims 2 system wasn't deep enough to make anything really cartoony.

Here's some pics:

th_gaogamon3.png Gaogamon
    th_dodger-friendly.png Dodger
    th_mightyena.png Mightyena
    th_steele-aggressive.png Steele
    th_scooby-skittish-1.png Scooby Doo
    th_charlie-genius.png Charlie

They're not 'unusual,' but I did create a lot of real dog breeds for The Sims 2. I'll post pics if anyone requests to see them. I love the German Shepherd Dog I made. Sadly lots of the premade ones from Maxis looked terrible, so I made a lot of dog breeds, plus odd ones like a raccoon dog (also known as a tanuki).
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2017
    Why, that was me. Yes, I am making a hellhound for my vampires. The Monster Manual has them looking like this.
    hellHound.jpg
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Why, that was me. Yes, I am making a hellhound for my vampires. The Monster Manual has them looking like this.
    hellHound.jpg

I'd like to see a pic of your recreation when you're finished.
  • KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    I wanna try and create the cat in Alice in the Wonderland, we'll see how that turns out for me haha

oh yes chesire cat! xD

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I want to recreate my favorite dog breed from Sims 2. It was a custom called "The Brute."
    8gwWkys.jpg
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Lets just say it's another type of Bloodhound.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    tobumon wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    hellHound.jpg

I'd like to see a pic of your recreation when you're finished.
    I will. I never share my creations on the Gallery, but if it turns out well enough I may make an exception.
    tobumon wrote: »
    In Sims 3 I made lots of animated dog characters like Scooby Doo, Gaogamon, the wolves in Wolf's Rain, the wolves from Beauty and the beast, Mightyena, Balto, Steele, Charlie B. Barkin and Dodger. The tools gave me what I needed to make them look pretty cartoony. The Sims 2 system wasn't deep enough to make anything really cartoony.

Here's some pics:

th_gaogamon3.png Gaogamon
    th_dodger-friendly.png Dodger
    th_mightyena.png Mightyena
    th_steele-aggressive.png Steele
    th_scooby-skittish-1.png Scooby Doo
    th_charlie-genius.png Charlie

They're not 'unusual,' but I did create a lot of real dog breeds for The Sims 2. I'll post pics if anyone requests to see them. I love the German Shepherd Dog I made. Sadly lots of the premade ones from Maxis looked terrible, so I made a lot of dog breeds, plus odd ones like a raccoon dog (also known as a tanuki).
    The Scooby Doo is magnificent. Well done.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Cat's with stripes or dots in amazing colors! Ghost-cats!
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    @tobumon Omg! They all look amazing! O.O

@OEII1001 Yes, it was you xD

@TheLibrarySim They are adorable! Sort of remind me of those Chinese lion statues. MTS has some Sims 2 dogs modeled after the statues. They're cute ^_^
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The idea of creating a bloodhound for vampires gave me the idea of creating some alien like cat or dog for an alien household
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The idea of creating a bloodhound for vampires gave me the idea of creating some alien like cat or dog for an alien household

Every time I play the Singles household in Sims 2, I try to give them an alien dog xD I keep imagining the dog from Scooby Doo and the Space Invaders, but I just can never get it to look right lol.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2017
    For sure! I was so excited when I saw the color wheel just because I can have colorful and crazy pets. I remember a creator from The sims 3 that used to make pastel pets, I was obsessed over them, it was so adorable. I'm giving alien pets to my alien family too.
  • niamhioniamhio Posts: 26 Member
    The whole customisation really made me think about the craze of dying your pets to look like other animals, like the big floofy dogs that looked like Pandas!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    okester wrote: »
    I saw a post where someone was planning to create a demonic hound for their vampire Sims and thought it was a really cool idea! It seems that with the new Create A Pet system, we will be able to be more creative than ever when making our cats and dogs! I remember when TS3: Pets arrived, there was a trend of creating Poke'mon lol. So what sort of unusual pets will you be creating? Can be of your own imagination, recreations of cartoon animals, whatever. Also, if you have any cool, unnatural pets from past games you'd like to share (especially if you plan to recreate them) please share some pics =^-^=

Here are a few of mine,

First up, from The Sims 2, Jake the Dog and Cake the Cat (and Finn and Fiona the Humans):

32F1Fnz.jpg

Bv6Vf3K.jpg

And from The Sims 3, Catbug and Puppycat:

hvf3PC2.jpg

diYciyS.png

Xlx6jqc.jpg

q0nPQCZ.png

Yes a patriotic cat and a skeleton cat if we get that option.