Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to minimum requirements for Cats & Dogs expansion pack

Comments

• Options
    tareetaree Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me understand if this game will work on my computer or not? I think I'm lacking the RAM for cats and dogs, but am not that good with technology.
    The computer is a windows 7, 64 bit, AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.30 GHz. Ram installed 4gb (3.73gb usable), DirectX 11.

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    taree wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me understand if this game will work on my computer or not? I think I'm lacking the RAM for cats and dogs, but am not that good with technology.
    The computer is a windows 7, 64 bit, AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.30 GHz. Ram installed 4gb (3.73gb usable), DirectX 11.

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Unfortunately your laptop is way below requirements to run this game . Do you have another computer to play on? If not I suggest thinking about investing in a new computer that meets recommended requirements to play this game with all it's add ons. If you post in the tech section here we can help you find a computer that meets requirements http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900950/what-is-the-best-computer-for-sims-4-and-other-gaming/p26
  • Options
    tareetaree Posts: 3 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > taree wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys,
    > I was wondering if anyone could help me understand if this game will work on my computer or not? I think I'm lacking the RAM for cats and dogs, but am not that good with technology.
    > The computer is a windows 7, 64 bit, AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.30 GHz. Ram installed 4gb (3.73gb usable), DirectX 11.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately your laptop is way below requirements to run this game . Do you have another computer to play on? If not I suggest thinking about investing in a new computer that meets recommended requirements to play this game with all it's add ons. If you post in the tech section here we can help you find a computer that meets requirements http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900950/what-is-the-best-computer-for-sims-4-and-other-gaming/p26

Well thanks anyway :) yeah, probably time for a new one soon! Thanks so much for your help!
  • Options
    taree wrote: »
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > taree wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys,
    > I was wondering if anyone could help me understand if this game will work on my computer or not? I think I'm lacking the RAM for cats and dogs, but am not that good with technology.
    > The computer is a windows 7, 64 bit, AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.30 GHz. Ram installed 4gb (3.73gb usable), DirectX 11.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately your laptop is way below requirements to run this game . Do you have another computer to play on? If not I suggest thinking about investing in a new computer that meets recommended requirements to play this game with all it's add ons. If you post in the tech section here we can help you find a computer that meets requirements http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900950/what-is-the-best-computer-for-sims-4-and-other-gaming/p26

Well thanks anyway :) yeah, probably time for a new one soon! Thanks so much for your help!

Your very welcome
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Will we get refund for digital copies? Or just physical copies?

You can get a refund on digital copies . That's why I said try it out. If it does not work for you , ask for a refund.

IIRC, unless things have changed, the refund guarantee is available only for the base game not for add-ons.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

You can get a refund on digital copies . That's why I said try it out. If it does not work for you , ask for a refund.

IIRC, unless things have changed, the refund guarantee is available only for the base game not for add-ons.

really. @AmySims09 luthienrising thinks you can't get a refund. @rosemow input Thanks

Might need to contact EA before buying to double check
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member

really. @AmySims09 luthienrising thinks you can't get a refund. @rosemow input Thanks

How can I contact them?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Hello
    You are unable to get a refund for expansions . This is what is written on the site
    Return and Refund Policy for Third-party Games, Packaged Goods and Game Expansions/DLC/Add-Ons

Purchases from the Origin Store for all other third-party content, as well as packaged goods, game expansions, downloadable content, time cards, virtual currency and add-ons are not subject to the Great Game Guarantee. Please see the Terms of Sale and the Returns and Cancellations FAQ for further information regarding any potential returns and/or refunds for these items.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    You are unable to get a refund for expansions . This is what is written on the site
    Return and Refund Policy for Third-party Games, Packaged Goods and Game Expansions/DLC/Add-Ons

Purchases from the Origin Store for all other third-party content, as well as packaged goods, game expansions, downloadable content, time cards, virtual currency and add-ons are not subject to the Great Game Guarantee. Please see the Terms of Sale and the Returns and Cancellations FAQ for further information regarding any potential returns and/or refunds for these items.

Ah.
  • Options

Hello

Thank you @rosemow. Thats crazy. How many people will buy cats and dogs , find out they can't run it or get a refund
  • Options

Hello

Thank you @rosemow. Thats crazy. How many people will buy cats and dogs , find out they can't run it or get a refund

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Hello

It's going to be an issue, I'm sure :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Hello

I agree. How many people are not paying attention to the requirements being changed. I have been warning as many people as I can. $40 is allot of money to spend on an EP that many people may not be able to run.
  • Options

Hello

I agree. How many people are not paying attention to the requirements being changed. I have been warning as many people as I can. $40 is allot of money to spend on an EP that many people may not be able to run.

It's cheaper for me. Like $8 cheaper (in American money but I don't live in America (thank god))
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Hello

It's cheaper for me. Like $8 cheaper (in American money but I don't live in America (thank god))

Still $30 is still allot "If" you can't play it or get a refund. It's fine if someone understands the risks and takes a chance to buy it. If it can't run they can put the ep aside if they intend on buying a new computer. Then it's not a complete waste

PS gaming computers are the cheapest in the USA even though you may pay less for the pack
  • Options

Hello

Still $30 is still allot "If" you can't play it or get a refund. It's fine if someone understands the risks and takes a chance to buy it. If it can't run they can put the ep aside if they intend on buying a new computer. Then it's not a complete waste

PS gaming computers are the cheapest in the USA even though you may pay less for the pack

If you were to get a new computer or factory reset your laptop/computer would your games be tied to your origin? You wouldn't have to buy them again?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Hello

If you were to get a new computer or factory reset your laptop/computer would your games be tied to your origin? You wouldn't have to buy them again?

Hello @AmySims09
    Your sims 4 game and packs are linked to your origin account. You don't need to buy them again if you buy a new computer. If and when you get a new computer, dowload and install Origin onto it. Then log into origin on your new computer using the same account that you used to register the game and packs on the old computer , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.

Make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on an external drive.
    Then after installing the sims 4 game onto the new computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new computer.

It is the same with a factory reset. You don't need to buy the game or packs again,
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Hello

Hello @AmySims09
    Your sims 4 game and packs are linked to your origin account. You don't need to buy them again if you buy a new computer. If and when you get a new computer, dowload and install Origin onto it. Then log into origin on your new computer using the same account that you used to register the game and packs on the old computer , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.

Make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on an external drive.
    Then after installing the sims 4 game onto the new computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new computer.

K thanks. I'm not buying a new desktop computer cos I haven't finished paying off the laptop I have now and it's nearly a year old plus I have near no money and it would be a waste to get rid of my laptop.

I'm going to see how the game runs. I run another mmorpg which has graphics like the cats and dogs EP and the laptop runs fine. As long as the laptop stays cool and the vents aren't blocked then I think I will be fine.
  • Options

Hello

Hello @AmySims09

K thanks. I'm not buying a new desktop computer cos I haven't finished paying off the laptop I have now and it's nearly a year old plus I have near no money and it would be a waste to get rid of my laptop.

You're welcome :) The information may help you in the future, or will help other simmers also.
  • Options
    @AmySims09 I left you tips in here for game play should you have issues and want to buy and try the EP.
  • Options
    @AmySims09 I left you tips in here for game play should you have issues and want to buy and try the EP.

@phoebebebe13 thanks! O/
  • Options
    @AmySims09 Your welcome. We just don't know how hard some people will get hit with this ep. Better safe than sorry. I hope we are worrying for nothing and more people will be ok adding this ep.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well.....good thing I upgraded to a gaming desktop for Overwatch. B) I shall have pretty corgis.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Hello

You've been wonderful at warning people and advising them. Your advice has been invaluable to me. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »

Hello

You've been wonderful at warning people and advising them. Your advice has been invaluable to me. :)

Thank you and your very welcome . I wish EA would come in, make an official announcement. I have been trying to hit every popular thread possible so more people see it