Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ “Andy really couldnt care less about Love Day – she had a mystery to solve!” hahahaha god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that’s relatable. Whats the Strangerville thing like? I was considering getting it, but Im not sure if Id actually use it.
    Reed and Sev are marriage goals *heart eyes*
    Yay for a new awesome laptop! Look at us moving up in the world! To be fair, my desktop isn’t amazing or anything, but its WAY better than my laptop.
    Couldn’t you just finish the Strangerville mystery and then move the whole family to Sulani? I know its not exactly align with the rules or whatever, but I also adore your family and don’t want to see them go either.

@debjameswhite Jeremy is one of my faves atm. Hes so pretty *heart eyes* Jungle Adventure (or whatever its called) is another one Ive wanted for AGES. Is it anything like World Adventures? I LOVED WA.
    Your greenhouse is AMAZING! Ive never really liked the way gardening works in TS4, but I really wanna give it another go. Do you have any tips?
    Your Harvest Day is so sweet <3
    Out of curiosity, what made you choose Kelsey as your heir?
    Kelsey and Lawrence <3
    Jeremy as a professional athlete? HECK YEAH *drools*
    Kelsey and Lawrence are going to have THE cutest kids. I just KNOW it!

@amadazulsim can I just say that I LOVE Kia and Si!? *heart eyes*
    Poor Kia having such a hard time being a parent ☹ At least the kids will have Si, but I hope Kia comes to love being a mother.

@Kiwicantdie Selene is an absolute fave. Shes completely insane, but that’s why we love her! The interactions with Reed made me laugh so much! She’s so cute!!! All the girls are, actually. And theyre all so different. And Aurora winning that award? HILARIOUS! Selene’s a maneater FOR SURE.
    I feel bad for having to even ask this, but what do Irene and Aurora do again? Selene’s is obvious – she was born to be an actress hahaha I just cant for the life of me remember what the other girls do.

@blondiebabe923 theres a digital photo frame!? Since when!? I LOVED those things in TS3.
    Omg Gretchen is superwoman, isn’t she!?

So Im currently both my usual chronically ill and also regular people sick and its killing me :'( I'm going to try to play for a bit today, but I don't know how long that's going to last.

I hope you've all had a good week. What does everyone have planned for the weekend?
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Updating in a hurry before I gotta rush to work.
    (I'll be back for your posts and replies later)

It took the girls a few days to feel better after Adahy's death, but now they're all back on track.
    Irene wasn't as fast as her sister in processing her emotions, so Selene helped her out the most.

OFP9zI9.png

As for Selene, she managed to pass more auditions just by praying to Reed's sacred pic :joy:

bnOHAkU.png

She still had some trouble with makeup and clothes.

VWwky6n.png

(I mean, she'd rock it. But no thank you :joy: )

topKGR3.png

What's worse is that they kept on making her blonde. I 100% convinced that somebody is trying to "fix" her and make her look more like her twin sisters :joy: no doubt.

vGd5JqX.png

She had to set for some "housewife" role that she loathes with a passion.

Aoa737N.png

But she got the chance to enjoy her romantic scenes*wink wink*

vjh2qLB.png

iDuWWoL.png

In the blink of an eye, summer was already over. I planned a holiday for its final day, before my game gets hit by the cold weather, and it went kinda well. It wasnt' the biggest party ever, but the usual faces were there :wink: (even a director lol)

z5ImxKF.png

KUtKEFA.png

I totally want to revamp the outdoor pool and fix the landscape of the mansion, but I don't have money in game yet :joy: at least not all the money needed.
    Aurora and Ridge enjoyed some time alone near the pool. I was hoping that all of them would jump into the water, but it was a lost cause. Nobody seemed interested in swimming one last time.

2qCx85Y.png

rMjFSsX.png

Selene was the only one that managed to lift Cadence's mood lol she's such a character.

Hpezul9.png

I also placed a random bonfire 'cause I forgot it was one of the holiday requirements :joy:

GrpeYkS.png

Irene tried the fire dance, but it didn't work out for her that well. Still, she managed to look super cute as usual :joy:

V0jbNZv.png

3uZolRw.png

At one point Selene and Mathias tried to sneak into the hot tube unseen, but...

P06fHey.png

As soon as they were ready to go for a second round of "research", Selene had to leave and go to an audition :joy: Mathias sat there till sunset, but she never came back in time :joy:
    Hello darkness my old friend :joy:

7cndYWK.png

The party ended up glitching like crazy, and this is the final result.
    Sims' astral and unclickable projections :joy:

g3JPIBg.png

x4kZUAD.png

The first day of autumn, Mathias decided to try one more time.

K0Xc6GU.png

I was almost prepared to reject him, but it turned out that he wanted to take Selene on the restaurant/diner I had built, so... why not trying it out and see if it actually works? :joy:
    All I'm going to say is: I've already planned to fix some parts of it, so... this is not the ultimate form.

OfQrzd9.png

L5xUaEV.png

Mathias was super flirty, but I feel like he understood the "no string attached" kinda relationship that Selene was going for.

6SjK2OQ.png

The poor thing got a melted ice cream that tasted horrible :joy:

MxbkZCb.png

As for Selene, she loved the sugar + alcohol combo <3more than any romantic plum

Hl7cmnY.png

A fan recognized her, tho.

SUennAe.png

Turns out that instead of wanting an autograph, she was on the verge of committing murder :scream:

8iAAHbp.png

RUN SELENE

nZtPtjw.png

Back in the safety of her house, Selene decided to give Mathias a prize :smirk: in Aurora's bed :joy:

Id4ZS7v.png

Aurora had to deal with the aftermath. She was this close to kicking somebody's butt :joy:

NIOCy8q.png

Artemis was the one kicking Mathias' 🐸🐸🐸🐸, tho. He taught him a lesson about woohooing in friends' beds :joy:

6SAdp4r.png

The very next morning, Selene went to work drunk but fully satisfied :joy:

X8v1tjg.png

Not blonde for once! I'm socked :joy:

mppqsde.png

As usual, she did an amazing job.

vkuyNyI.png

vdYbZFm.png

rYLLTXQ.png

aPJtFQX.png

You know you're a big deal when co-stars fangirl over your autograph :joy:

85NY10a.png

I had a weird first-autumn-snow.

E0FnWy4.png

The girls started to get more and more money in their pockets, tho, so my plan to revamp the house are one step closer.
    Irene's still the one that brings in the most cash with her best selling novels.

Hajt6IP.png

Aurora kinda helps, tho she has to find "inspiration" in weird places :joy:

3Kbx6WJ.png

One autumn evening, a sudden fight scared the crap outta me.

Z0g6lZu.png

Luna actually beat Rudy :tired_face:

qz4RzFW.png

I was wondering why the heck she would ever do such a thing, and of course a couple of hours later I found out that she was super ill. Poor thing.

kqXfbEd.png

I had the girls rush in the middle of the night to the vet, and...
    ... that's when the game reminded me why I love playing so much :joy:
    Sudden/unexpected storm: check. Weird reactions: check. Nacked sims showering in the storm: check :joy:

dfNoPkD.png

Yes, this is exactly what you want to see as soon as you get to a vet clinic :joy:

6WjBJ0o.png

Please, keep going :joy:

Hsv2bu5.png

You missed a spot, sir :joy:

KJ8rnEI.png

I'm not even kidding. The vets took so long showering in the rain that some of them had to sleep on the couch.

bXGbDWk.png

10/10 best clinic ever. Would recommend.

OSjeMOh.png
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    I'm back <3

@debjameswhite I'm super busy but I'm trying not to disappear again :joy:
    How come you're able to move so fast with your legacy in just one update???? I'm jealous! :joy: Ok, so, Kelsey is adorable. I especially love the pics of her with grandpa (I hope he doesn't pass too soon :bawling: ) Jeremy is gettin' more and more buff every single update and I love it lol, it's so nice seeing him trying to master the skating skill. Holy plumbob Rowan is soooo pretty :bawling: I'm speechless. Your family tree is also #goals and I'm trying to make mine as good as yours, just so you know :wink: lol grandpa Caleb is still around! You better make sure he's still in touch by the tenth gen, I swear :joy: OH NO I wasn't prepared to see them pass so soon. My heart breaks every time I see it happen. I mean, the only thing that made me chuckle was that random achievement. What's that??? OMG Kelsey grew up already! And she's so pretty! :flushed: I need a nice close up of that gorgeous sim or just more updates to bask in her glorious appearance :tongue:

@blondiebabe923 welcome back! :blush:
    Aw it's so nice reading more of your fam! Colby is super adorable and I'm already excited to see him as a big brother. Seeing pregnant Gretchen strutting around the house kinda gave me baby fever for my next play session and I need to choke it before I do something I might regret :joy: Basil is also super cute and looks a lot like her mom! I hope you're going to have better luck for the girl next time :wink: lol at the cat on the bed during woohoo :joy: I can't. I always die laughing when that happens in my game. Eros' face, when Gretchen told him about being done with kids if it's a girl, made me laugh so hard! Nice to know that his wish turned into reality! Coco is soooo cute <3 it's kinda funny that all the kids got Gretchen's hair. Coco looks like she's going to turn into a gorgeous sim.

@JordanNicoleJJ I'm so glad you finally have a good laptop for gaming! Having a better performance makes it so much better, I know from direct experience :joy: tbh I'm 100% gonna miss your current fam if you decide to start anew on Sulani, but at the same time I'm ready for that 'cause I know I'm going to love your new sims anyway <3 I just hope to read more from you <3

@amadazulsim Kia's stunning so I guess she would have made an awesome actress <3
    Oooooh there's a nooboo in da house! Amy looked so pale when she was a baby I almost thought she was going to resemble her dad. It's awesome that she was able to turn out just as dark as her mother instead <3 aaaaw Amy is adorable! And there's a second baby girl already! :joy: I was not expecting the blond hair but ok :joy:

@JBAG521 lol I'm glad that you like Selene and how crazy she is :joy: I wasn't planning to get attached so hard to her, but she's so fun to play even if she's not the heir, it kinda brings me back to the beginning of the challenge. Don't worry if you don't recall what the other girls do :joy: Aurora is in the stylist career and does daily vlogs too, while Irene is currently a best selling author :blush:
    I hope you recover soon <3 try to rest and take care!

@OJenn @Heckstress17 just tagging you to let you know I hope you're both well and doing fine :blush:
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    Hi Everyone :) I've been away this weekend visiting my daughter at her college. I had fun surprising her by bringing her brother along and not telling her. It was a really great weekend with my kids. I know we won't have too many more of these so I cherished it!

@JBAG521 You know, I honestly liked World Adventure better. There are similarities between World Adventure and Jungle Adventure but I think the one in Sims 3 was more involved and more interesting. I mean you had 3 places to go! I love Jeremy too. He was one of the sims I had always felt sad about not getting to play so having him as one of the mates has made me really happy. He's such a sweet guy too. They kind of nuked gardening when they put in the career and seasons. It's really hard now to get really good plant. My founders planted the first of the crop that I've been nurturing and I still don't have the best plant. I would definitely recommend a green house or else plants only produce at certain times of the year. I probably need to do a little research to see if there's something I'm missing in helping things along. I think you're probably looking at Rowan and going, but why Kelsey??? Well, when I first made this challenge I decided to give myself a stupid rule. I meant to give myself more but didn't get around to it. That's probably a good thing! Well the rule I gave myself was that all the heirs had to inherit the green eyes of my founder. I've regretted that decision a couple of times. I don't really regret it here though. I do love Rowan and might have chosen her, but I like Kelsey too, and I like her traits better. What I have also realized is that every heir I've picked has had the green eyes of their heir parent and the hair color of the other. So I might stick with that for the rest of this version. I'm already planning a big change on the next run through! hehe

@Kiwicantdie I think Grandpa did pass too soon. I was super sad to see them go already. Also, thank you for your sweet comments about my family tree :)

It's so sweet to think of Selene helping her sister get through her mourning. It's so sad. I loved the picture of her "praying" to Reed. It's great! I always wish that just once in acting they could actually decide the stars look is what they should go with. I mean she's famous for a reason! At least at some point! Ridge and Aurora are cute together...even if I do ship him with Selene. Oh my gosh! The look on Irene's face! I didn't even remember that fire dancing was a thing! Oooo I love the look of your restaurant! Nice job! Hehe Selene is just so cute. Oh my gosh! Terrifying fan! Run!! Poor Aurora! You go Artemis! Selene is adorable as a pirate. OH no poor Rudy! Poor puppy. Aww then poor Luna! She's not feeling well! Your sim world is crazy! I'm glad the vet finally finished his shower!
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Holy crap...I have 5 minutes and I'm updating. Actually I'm planning on re-posting quick bits of each generation until where I'm currently at in the story. If you want to read the FULL story, let me know and I'll just post everything from the beginning. However, there is also the option of reading my blog to see the full story. I know most of you prefer to stay here on the forums however...if enough of you (newer people especially...well newer from when I last posted)...want to see the full stories, I'll just start again from the beginning. Otherwise we are going with a quick update to the point I am in my game.

@Kiwicantdie Your characters in your story are so colorful and full of life! You capture them very well and I loved reading your most recent update. I am anxious to see what happens next! If I ever get time (which I doubt) I'll go back and read up to the point you're at now. Otherwise I'll just stay updated from here (hopefully).

Sooo...where to "begin" again. A few years ago I started this awesome challenge with lots of ambition. I created 4 founding couples...one with each of the founder coupling options. I then proceeded to play for a couple of generations, just rotating households. Eventually I got smart and realized this was going to take forever to get through, so I cryogenically froze 3 of the families where they were in time, deleted the current heirs and their immediate families from the game, and went about continuing with the one family line, the Alleys. I am currently only in the 5th generation because...well...life happened the last few years. I've been playing again for a bit though and wanted to get back into this forum thread.

I'll forwarn you now, one of my favorite parts of this is keeping track of the genealogy. My FamilyEcho account reflects that. Anyhow, without further ado...lets start from the beginning...

Alley Family Tree (immediate family only)
    Alley Family Tree (Full world version)
    ****WARNING: SPOILERS****

Read My Alley Family Blog Here

THE ALLEY FAMILY

22498990469_2ae4d8bf22_o.jpg

My RBWC world began with Ramin & Amaya Alley.

22312251504_4d19922cf3_o.png

They moved into a huge home on the hill in Willow Creek. I have never enjoyed building/decorating, etc. Or rather...haven't had the patience for it. So one of the main parts of this challenge I ignored (sorry)...but am finally starting to get into it now.

22921562272_3eeee3a43d_o.jpg

Ramin & Amaya were very much in love with each other and also the very best of friends.

22921561732_735b06c6e7_o.png

Ramin loved gardening...a passion that has continued through every generation since.

22313839343_0797c332ee_o.png

Amaya loved music...another trait that has been strong in this family tree.

22934983205_bd258f43ed_o.jpg

They both made friends and learned new things and lived life as any newly married couple would.

22946148251_ea0faf00aa_o.png

Before long, however, their family began to grow.

23397792532_b732f34b08_o.jpg

And grow....

23922076420_5c26d8bf81_o.jpg

And...well...you get the idea...

48894306121_50a8eb9abf_o.jpg

Before long, they were a family of 6, the kids were growing up and it was time to choose an heir.

24273848586_9dd160b213_o.jpg
    24217487531_0330559672_o.jpg
    24273843346_d66879089d_o.jpg
    Devan, my chosen heir, started dating. He hit it off with Elly Van Buren, but they ended up just friends. Things were awkward with Belle Coy, so that didn't work out so well.

24474627205_1c9d293f4d_o.jpg
    Jools Sims however was the one who would become his wife.

24179443890_34226c9959_o.jpg
    23848213903_ff27f76aa3_o.jpg
    They had a beautiful wedding and it was time to start generation #2!
  • Options
    @Meeshelby Aww so happy you posted again! Your founders are so beautiful. I love their house even if you didn't build/decorate it <wink>. I love how you recapped their life. Sometimes it's fun to do fast mode! I always love seeing mates from some of the earlier versions! Can't wait to see the next one.
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ I know you haven't told us yet, but I follow you on the gallery and all I can say is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Update soon please!!!!
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    So I made a new save in Sulani, played it for like a day, and I keep yearning to go back to Andy in StrangerVille :confused: I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet, so I'll just leave some comments for now :smile:

@debjameswhite Eee a nooboo on the way! Look at how adorable Drew is with that baby bump :love: Congrats on getting a girl - I know you really wanted one! And another one on the way so soon :smiley: I've had that weird baby-gender-switch glitch too, so weird! At least it's an easy fix. Oh man, you saw my new founders already :sweat_smile: They are pretty darn gorgeous sims, and they're so fun to play in-game. I'm struggling with the building more than anything right now (I think I'm just out of practice cause I've been 'fixer-upper'-ing for so long I don't remember how to build from scratch. Or maybe I was never good at it lol. But either way I do have some pics from that I save I can share...part of me really wants to finish out the StrangerVille mystery first though. I don't know what to do :tired_face:

Twins!! Well, you did say you wanted a bunch of girls this generation -- looks like you got your wish :wink: Omg sooo many toddlers :lol: I don't know how you do it, they drive me crazy when I just have one toddler at a time lol. Also is so great seeing Greysen again :smile: Ahh the girls are all such cute kids!! Kelsey's adorable, I 100% approve of your heir choice! Wow, Lawrence is such a good kid - picking up at someone else's house?! I can barely get kids to do chores at their own house! Congrats to Garret on his new family - sometimes you do have to take it into your own hands :wink: Oh man...Rowan is GORGEOUS :love: It's always so jarring when Grandpa Caleb show up...plum vampires and their eternal youth lol. I love how he always offers to turn your sims :lol: Oh no :frowning: Well...at least Aimee and Brad went together, that's always nice knowing they're still together in the afterlife <3 Kelsey is gorgeous too!! Man, you got some really great genes this time around! And knowing Lawrence that trend is going to continue :wink:

@JBAG521 Sorry for the late reply, but yeah, they finally figured out what was wrong - I had a kidney infection, then they told me to take antibiotics for too long and the antibiotics started making me sick :frowning: I'm fine now though. Other than the weather change messing with my sinuses, I'm completely healthy again :smile: I didn't know they made a nrass mod for sims 4! I used to use that in sims 3 all the time, but I use MCCC in sims 4 - they're pretty much the same thing. From what I've heard Slice of Life and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are the two most popular big mods right now (the latter probably wouldn't be appropriate for the forums though, not sure). I'm really digging StrangerVille, but I've got a thing for aliens/Area 51/Roswell type stuff, and the world reminds me so much of that lol. The build/buy stuff is really nice (especially laptops), some of the CAS stuff is cute, and I'm really digging the 'storyline' thing. It actually scared me last time I played...Andy did something in the secret lab and when she went back outside all the creepy plants had gotten bigger and there were like 50x more of them - I actually panicked :flushed: I think I might finish the StrangerVille story/get to gen 5 (I'm on gen 4 right now anyway) since I'm not sure what I want to do anyway. Plus I am really attached to my current heiress/family lol. It just feels too "unfinished" to quit now.

Your new founders and their kiddos are so cute! The new house looks great too!

@amadazulsim Congrats on the kitchen remodel, career change, and nooboo on the way - your fam is making lots of progress! Kia's so adorable with her baby bump <3 Congrats on a baby girl! I love when the dads take care of the babies so mom can sleep, like she deserves it after what she just went through! :lol: Amy is ADORABLE!! One of the cutest tots I've seen in awhile...which I guess is a good thing cause she definitely looks like a troublemaker...can't stay mad at her for too long though :wink: Eee another nooboo - yay! So weird that Amy's hair color changed - it's not even cc hair :confused: I'd just change it back if it were me. Can't wait to see what Blossom looks like!

@Kiwicantdie Water and lighting on ultra IS gorgeous :love::bawling: This gaming laptop is the best investment I've ever made lol. I always forget Evil Reed is evil because yeah, he's more like a stay-at-home-mom/nanny :lol: Turns out he's gotten like 5 promotions at work though and is pretty high level in the criminal career...I totally haven't been paying attention to his career so good for him :lol: Okay so I always thought Pablita is drop-dead gorgeous in your game, and I don't have the cc to make her as gorgeous in my game :bawling: I did my best with what I have, so I'm glad you approve of her makeover <3 My game is totally being overrun by Austins and I love it lol. Despite them living in Willow Creek, they're always at my StrangerVille lots!

Yesss another update <3 Oh my god, of course Selene would leave her friends behind for the awards ceremony :lol: Ahh Reed!! In a normal outfit for once! :joy: I feel like Reed isn't a *real* celebrity, cause I've never really done anything with his fame, let alone take him to an awards ceremony. He's definitely lost :joy:honestly tho I won't be mad if Selene steals him from Sev, I live for drama HAHAHAHA I can't believe Aurora got an award before Selene :joy::joy: I mean...poor Selene :wink: Oh no, not Adahy :bawling: I don't think I would have ever been ready for that, he was a great sim (and he's still a child in my game :lol: ). Ooo look at Selene go at her first gig! Nailed it for sure! Selene, pick a man and leave the rest for your sisters!! I mean, I guess that does give me hope that at least one of your sims is interested in romance...sorta :lol: I'm LIVING for Selene's creepy worship-y crush on Reed lol. Also I'm really shipping Aurora and Ridge...Selene can have Reed Mathias and Irene can have a bunch of cats - it's perfect lol. It might not be the 'final form' but I already adore that restaurant!! Smart man, an icecream + alcohol date is right up my alley too :sunglasses: YIKES...I haven't seen any creepy/angry "fans" in my game yet :grimace: LOL Artemis is the real MVP here. I love mean cats :lol: First of all, Selene makes a great redhead, and two, I really need to play through the acting career now - it looks so fun :smiley: Poor Luna :confused: I used to wonder if my (RL) cat was aggressive cause she was sick or something, but I don't have that kind of luck - she's just a demon lol.

@blondiebabe923 Yay an update! The first pic of Eros and Colby <3 Gretchen's so cute and I'm glad they have another little one on the way - Colby is too cute to not have more! Plus Gretchen and Eros are such good parents. Ah man, sorry you didn't get your girl, but I guess that just means they have to have more cute nooboos :smirk: Basil is pretty adorable too, I wouldn't be mad :smile: LOL the cat jumping on the bed while they're having "adult time"...tbh my cat does that too and it's so awkward :joy: Congrats on finally getting your girl!! And omg Colby is a little stunner! He's gonna be a ladies' man for sure :wink: Basil's a pretty cute kid too, but Colby's still my favorite lol. I think Coco's a good mix! From what I can tell she's pretty 50/50 - dad's skin/eye color, mom's hair color, can't quite tell on facial features yet but overall looks good!

@Meeshelby Girl I remember the pain of a rotation! I did the same thing and only made it like 2 generations before I chose one family to focus on lol (or started over, I can't even remember now). The Alley's were one of my fav families so I'm glad that's the one you chose! That was a great recap - so many great memories :smiley: Can't wait to see where you go from here!
  • Options
    I'm back for the usual weekend update :mrgreen:
    This time I've decided to merge two updates into one, so sorry for the picspam that's going to follow. This gen is going soooooo slow it's kinda painful to read, I imagine, but I'm having a lot of fun too and that's why I'm not really in a hurry. Yet, I'll try my best to condense the hundreds of pics I've taken and make it somewhat enjoyable *eyeroll*.

I guess I'll have to begin from Aurora's tiny makeover. CC is a lot of fun but it's hard to keep up with it when it breaks. Still, there are so many good cc pieces out there that I just can't even think about passing on them. Free stuff is good stuff.

lpTC2Yl.png

She's been working a lot on her job and it paid off.

7BD9ANV.png

ezorgXt.png

She's still working on her daily vlogs, streaming and beauty reviews, tho.

wnBhCfK.png

Ultra settings decided to officially blind me with this stunning heaven-like moment. TS4 knows how to impress you if your pc can handle it.

VevjsWs.png

I5aeRTg.png

Then, all of a sudden, I was reminded that time was passing by. Rudy became an elder :bawling:

7MWyavE.png

Irene went into full protection mode as soon as she realized that he wasn't going to live forever.

qT47oEl.png

Elder doggo is still the best doggo.

DULwdQ5.png

jNuj8Ra.png

As for Selene, she never stopped grinding for auditions. And Reed watched over her :smirk:

u3pH6S3.png

Not sure what the hell she thought she had to wear to get the part, tho :joy:

qXn4rf6.png

Turns out she was casted in a historical drama of some sort. And she was a redhead again.

mzVi37d.png

She's not a global superstar yet, nonetheless, she's able to turn the director into a fangirl :joy:

mUTKZgx.png

Or her costars.

BTU14f2.png

This time around, though, she messed up a few lines as she hadn't prepared 100%.

iNLedVU.png

YgXO4mD.png

Still, she managed to get another gold. And she was also able to look cute with that haircut :joy:

rsnHGQq.png

Who even remembers that she messed up her lines anyway?

f76hkFM.png

She arrived at home more famous and ready to throw a Halloween Party to celebrate.

viPwdPx.png

I don't think the cats loved the costumes tbh :joy:

ndITOcO.png

Eliane decided to copy Irene, but her face was also covered in pimples so I guess she looked a much better witch.

xjssd8g.png

Ridge arrived bored as hell and I'm positive he didn't even recognize Aurora in that costume.

A9qr7jk.png

As for Cadence, well... she won the Halloween costumes' contest :joy:

uQAANmB.png

It was so cold that in the end she decided to put on her cold-weather outfit and forget the bathrobe. The autonomous candy interaction was so cute.

NOSKtzH.png

As for Mathias, well... definitely nobody recognized him and definitely nobody saw a thing :joy:

kMO5EhO.png

8wSISzr.png

jNuh3mA.png

Nobody, I say :joy:

IGLOvcl.png

mUIzbq6.png

"What do you think? Should I write this down for my next harmony novel?" :joy:

s6K8Lq2.png

Moving on, as autumn progressed the weather turned worse and worse.

C0ZZsKu.png

Let's play a "spot the Sulani townie so used to the weather that they don't care about getting hit by lightening" game lol.

ZePMVIG.png

The cats got sick once again and the girls had to bring them back to the infamous vet clinic. This time the raid had just stopped, but the vets still did not let me down *eyeroll* ... I swear, something's going on in that town :joy: maybe the Mother was there too.

Kd9SLgT.png

Now that I've cleaned out some of my cc, too many of my townies are rocking the bald hairstyle. Too bad I'm too lazy to go in and fix every single one of them lol. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to die :naughty:

sN7QVAo.png

Honestly, I like having the girls "stuck" at home for a little while due to the rain. It helps with the grind. Aurora's, especially. She had to so many paintings in order to advance even further in her career. The only thing that I like about it is the digital pad. I'm low-key loving the digital art works.

lUJJG2L.png

Ridge has been loving to hang out a little too much lately. At this point I was starting to think that he might had some sort of a crush on this girl.

NqXND3r.png

e9Im7wn.png

Just by sensing the flirty vibes Irene decided to glitch out of existence :joy:

MkZylv3.png

Of course as they were chatting the "spice festival" notification popped up. I couldn't pass on that.

VUHUP7W.png

Not even two seconds after arriving to the city, look at this autonomous interaction :flushed:
    Smooth, Ridge. Smooth.

x2hM7fo.png

I tried to move past this blooming romance for a while and focus on hanging out with the rest of the group. But it was kinda awkward.

MFMl6u6.png

6YlUGaJ.png

puE6oYp.png

Especially when Selene came back from her audition and decided to knock everybody out by striking a pose.

zcGtlD8.png

XAMWDRw.png

A massacre :joy:

Gkr4TAM.png

Before I forced the girls to head back home, Aurora chose to seal the deal. I mean, he's really cute anyway. It's about time somebody else has some fun in this household :joy:

W5K5Ozr.png

ZlPDrA8.png

ouldVOr.png

Another day, another gig for Selene.

I5XjAAo.png

... of course :joy: "Blonde again??? How many times have I told you I just want to be a brunette???"

x4rPyRy.png

Honestly, this time I wasn't even that mad. She looked stunning in this costume.

eRf8dEr.png

She had the chance to beat up some alien monster.

nHnbEgm.png

1X5jtjW.png

cEMNwZ7.png

fFGZJFh.png

Yet, she still shines the most when she can do some romance on screen :smirk:

NWMUSlV.png

I kinda thought about having her mess around with a costar, not gonna lie.

JiDb42B.png

cvFkt69.png

I'm going to end this update here, with the first snow <3

g6oFN1V.png

5CS2GZZ.png
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    @Kiwicantdie Aww look at Aurora, she looks so pretty. That was a fun career. OH no I'm sad Rudy became an elder. Chester just became an elder in my game too and it felt like it happened so fast! Aww look at Irene. So cute! I feel like Sims likes to make the actors red heads for some reason. Spencer was red almost all of the time. Oh no! Poor Selene. I always wondered what would happen! oooo I love the Halloween party! The witch costume was so cute. Mathias though...Your vet clinic cracks me up. That's really a sim who doesn't like flirtiness! Poor Irene!! Oooo Ridge yes! Even if I did like you with Selene at first! Oh wow, Selene looked really good in the cop outfit! Her costar is really cute! Your final picture was so pretty!
  • Options

Lawrence spends a lot of time at the West house. He and Kelsey are both really smart.
    EuyUY.png

Apparently she’s not above cheating though.
    EuyVv.png

What is it with the desire to go swim in a pool in the middle of a storm? They ignore the pool in good weather. Come on EA…
    EuyVU.png

I love when the girls are all together doing their homework.
    EuyXl.png

They really are a good looking family!
    EuyXH.PNG

Drew gave Jeremy a nice massage when he came home from practice. He’s now a starter so things are getting intense.
    EuyYh.png

Of course this led to…relations. No more nooboos you two!!!
    Euz0x.png

Meanwhile Kelsey is feeling the need to get fit. Look at all that hair!
    Euz5g.png

Rowan is picking up some skills of her own.
    Euz5E.png

Lawrence and Kelsey are always together…
    Euz6g.png

Stop, I’m trying to do homework.
    Euz79.png

Rough life hanging out with 3 pretty girls.
    Euz88.png

Kelsey and Lawrence so far are just really good friends. They had one romantic interaction that did not go well on love day so they have kept things friendly.
    Euz98.png

Jeremy and Drew are good friends with Greysen and Sasha and like to go out when their schedules allow.
    Euzai.png

I don’t understand why there are always so many ghosts at the clubs.
    EuzbL.png

Jeremy avoided them by dancing in his own little corner.
    EuzcG.png

While the parents were out, twins Megan and Kelsey snuck over to the Wolfe house.
    EuzdT.png

They didn’t knock…
    Euzek.png

Megan met Edan.
    EuzeZ.png

While Kelsey and Lawrence were having one of their intellectual discussions, Edan and Megan were flirting away with each other.
    Euzfu.png

Then the parents came home. OH Mrs. Wolfe! Lawrence and I wanted to practice our violins together. See how good I am now thanks to thim? Never mind that it’s 2am…
    Euzim.png

They were sent home just after Megan got her first kiss.
    Euzjk.png

Meanwhile, at home, this was happening. They were taking advantage of most of their kids being gone.
    Euzkl.png
    Euzkx.png

The next day the kids met up at a park.
    Euzm3.png

For some reason Lawrence arrived sad.
    Euzmi.png

Kelsey wasn’t sure what to do with this drama.
    Euzn8.png

So she gave him a hug.
    EuznI.png

It seemed to work.
    Euzow.png
    EuzoE.png
    EuzoN.png

Meanwhile, these 2 were making plans.
    Euzpa.png

That night they had their first date.
    EuzpL.png

I was so excited when Kelsey and Lawrence went to the romance festival together!
    Euzqj.png

To eat food neither of them liked because they were picky eater teens. Come on…every teen likes ramen. Where’s the romance you two????
    EuzrB.png

It’s all with Megan and Edan who asked her out on another date!
    EuzsT.png

In other news, grandpa Caleb has taken another bride.
    Euzti.PNG
  • Options

Look at Drew and Chester having a nice little swim together.
    EuXPS.png

You know when I took this picture I thought, hmmm that shirt hangs on her oddly. She does not have belly…
    EuXQH.png

I thought I had escaped this!
    EuXRB.png

He always laughs when Drew tells him she’s pregnant.
    EuXRL.png

Poor little Chester got sick. This always terrifies me when my pets are elders.
    EuXTo.png

Sure enough, it foretold a sad story.
    EuXTN.png

It happened while the girls were at school.
    EuXVA.png

They came home to storm and sadness.
    EuXWi.png

Lawrence showed up as usual so at least homework was fun.
    EuXWY.png

Rowan is a hothead and the doll house suffers for it. Lawrence went right up to fix it and I flashed back to his former life when he was married to horrible women who’s life goals were to destroy doll houses.
    EuXYs.png

This did it for Kelsey, “Lawrence I like you more than a friend.” He chuckled and fled.
    EuXZr.png

Harvest Day brought family and friends to the house. “Grandpa Caelef, you look the same as you did when you were little. I thought you were Grammy Aimee’s grandpa.”
    “Never mind that dear, watch what I can do with bottles!”
    EuY1J.png

Lawrence arrived, but he’s sad. Moody teen or is something else going on?
    EuY2i.png

Drew called everyone for dinner.
    EuY3j.png

Everyone was so happy.
    EuY42.png

Until both Drew and Sasha went into labor. (Yes this is very convenient isn’t it!)
    EuY4Y.png

Greysen ran around like a lunatic while Jeremy continued to stuff his face.
    EuY5O.png

He finally calmed down but I’m thinking it was a little late!
    EuY6m.png

Lawrence and Kelsey went outside to escape the chaos.
    EuY7b.png

They’re always happiest when they’re having long conversations.
    EuY7z.png

Drew gave birth to one baby boy named Ryker.
    EuY80.png

But poor Sasha…I’m sorry Sasha.
    EuY8T.PNG

Drew got right back on the treadmill.
    EuY9k.png

When the baby started crying Jeremy rushed to comfort him.
    EuYab.png

Drew just hung in the hall and looked at old pictures.
    EuYaF.png

So here’s a picture of the families that are important to me right now.
    EuYbd.png

• Options
    Two quick things before my life falls apart again -

1 - My laptop has an overheating issue, and I have to send it to HP to get it fixed. The support guy was not getting the point - the temps are all over the place and get ridiculously hot *only when plugged in* and the only way I've fixed it so far is to throttle the CPU which I should NOT have to do just for sims. It's also ever so slightly laggy when I throttle it, which I'm not putting up with considering this is a 1800$ gaming laptop with a 9th gen i7 hex core processor and rtx 2070 graphics card. It's just ridiculous. Fingers crossed they actually fix the issue instead of just looking at the thermal paste, realizing that's not the problem, and saying "whatever, 95-97 degree C temps are normal" and sending it back. I think it's a battery/connection issue - considering it only happens when it's plugged in (and otherwise has perfectly normal temps), I think it's sending an electrical current to the CPU which is making it freak out and overheat. Or maybe the battery isn't fully plugged in and is spazzing out. Who knows. I just hope they fix it, cause I'm about to be miserable without my laptop for 2 weeks :bawling:

2 - On the bright side, I'm so excited for the University pack!! I didn't have it in Sims 3, so I have no expectations and therefore won't be disappointed lol. I've heard it was sort of a separate life stage in earlier versions of the sims - or like you sent them away and could chose to play them or not, but if you played them it was its own rabbit hole type world? I kind of hope it's not like that... it would be nice for sims to be able to go to school at any time - like have Adult or Elder sims who go back to school after raising a family or single moms/dads being able to live at home/raise their kid and go to school at the same time. It'd make for more interesting stories that way. What are your thoughts on the new pack?
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ HUGS!!!!!! So many hugs for you!! I too would find 2 weeks without my computer difficult to survive. So many hugs. If you need amusement I'll do what I can! hehehe just let me know :) I have no idea what I could do, but I'm here for you.

On your bright side...I'm so torn. I did not love University in Sims 3. I can think of so many things I would rather have, but of course, I'll give it a chance. I have discovered I can pretty much have these packs I'm not really interested and still lead normalish sim lives :) hehehe so I'll try it. I hope it surprises me.
  • Options
    @debjameswhite Fingers crossed HP fixes it quick & gets it back to me next week! Until then I still have my old laptop if I really get desperate :lol: I'm keeping up with the forum on my chromebook for now.

I think University fits my generations style play - at the very least it'll give the YAs something to do besides immediately get married and have kids haha. In my mind, young adults (20-30s) are usually in school, working part time jobs or just starting out in careers, getting married/having babies, whereas adults (40-retirement) are the ones with full-blown careers and raising kids/teens. It's always been kind of jarring for me to go from "high school teen" to "married with two kids and level 5+ in a career" in a week's time lol. Not to mention, I see a lot of cute CAS items in the trailer that I can't wait to have in game. So I'm excited. Granted, I've pretty much decided I'm buying all the packs and will just ignore the gameplay/items I don't like while I'm in game lol.
  • Options

The one thing about having a toddler when your 3 children are teens.
    Ex8F0.png

Everyone adores this little prince.
    Ex8Fm.png

No one more than his mom though!
    Ex8G0.png

Kelsey has other things on her mind though. First date with Lawrence.
    Ex8Gy.png

Even though they’ve been friends for years, they were both a little awkward at first. Lawrence even pulled out his homework.
    Ex8Ha.png

Before long though their easy conversation had returned.
    Ex8Ij.png

Once they had food, it was completely forgotten.
    Ex8Iw.png

Then Lawrence began making the moves.
    Ex8J0.png

He’s a romantic boy.
    Ex8Jj.png

So of course he found a way to initiate a first kiss.
    Ex8K8.png

At first Kelsey was shy.
    Ex8KH.png

So he did it again catching her off guard.
    Ex8KS.png

There’s no going back from here!
    Ex8Lp.png
  • Options
    Update time! (always too much in a hurry)
    I'll come back for your updates before I gotta rush to work, I promise. Good god, I need a vacation :bawling:

Ok, first thing I have to say: I'm still mourning. Best doggo Rudy passed in game and my heart has broken into a million pieces... not because he's gone, but because for whatever reason he glitched out of existence. He died, but didn't just die. He vanished into thin air. One minute he was there, the next he was erased from the household without notice and I don't even have his grave!! Not even Grim came to take him away :bawling: I'm broken. I'll need time to recover.
    Here are the last pics I have of him being the cutest.

QJ1Za3l.png

dKa1FG2.png

He'll be greatly missed *sobs*

Iclddrt.png

Anyway, moving onwards. Selene never stopped grinding. She's slowly becoming more and more famous and the gigs are better and better.

Ix0Rn4d.png

If only they stopped making her blonde for whatever reason :joy: anyway, she rocked this hairstyle too.

DoZOqqF.png

And rocked the whole perfomance, of course.

uUZlXba.png

She did such a good job that she got nominated for the Starlight Accolades that same night and as soon as she arrived there...

Km4SDlM.png

Big sister Eliane was the only one not getting the meaning of that mass-murder :joy: she just stood there for a little while like "it's not because of me, right?" :joy:

iv3prP1.png

Selene got ready to receive her award and Aurora made sure to take care of the photoshoot. Random townies were stille passing away from time to time lol.

hB5TD9z.png

Finally an award! It feels like it's been ages. She deserved it. She's the most workaholic sim I ever had in game.

3byEqlB.png

g1F1dUQ.png

Elder Reed was there too to witness this precious moment. Look how things changed, now it's him getting the autograph :bawling:now you get why Selene wore that perfect shade of blue, I mean, she had to match :joy:

kyZhSBM.png

W2RKgrp.png

I can't with her. She looks stunning 24/7 and she's not even the heir I chose.

hLbXhEt.png

One freezing wintery day later...

RR5eLhD.png

Selene's been working out like crazy for her next role and I'm mad at the game 'cause I think she lost too much weight. Mathias has the keys of the house and sometimes he decides to arrive unannounced and force her to take a break.

5OuFvcN.png

... though he makes her go through another kind of "workout" :smirk: I mean- not need to worry about it. That closet is 100% risk-free, right? I totally don't have risky woohoo down to 5%, right?

7EAg9MW.png

Aurora and Ridge went out on a date at the usual restaurant that I still haven't re-decored. I was so mad at myself for not having fixed that place that I had them eat outside in the cold lol. Ridge arrived with a nice new set of pimples and the deep blush of a 14 years old near their first crush :joy:

lUx060y.png

Still, the date went super well.

NCkjSK8.png

So well that he autonomously decided to kiss her. Gotta treasure these moments.

z9NAboB.png

Aurora thinks he's cute.

oKDT5cl.png

Back at home, though, things weren't going as smoothly.
    Selene hadn't been feeling well for a few days and one morning she almost couldn't reach the toilet.

iWulJV7.png

She was quick to make the math on her own, but she didn't have the courage to see if her worst nightmare was actually true.

klpTd5p.png

She had to consult Aurora first to hear what she had to say about a possible nooboo on the way. She's set on being a free strong independent rich & famous woman that don't need no man :joy: so she's not going to marry no matter what. So it was all up to her sisters what she was going to do about it. They were the ones that had to deal with it.

aTD46ev.png

Aurora convinced her to stop wasting time and try a pregnancy test. She was not happy about this whole deal. Not one bit. And of course-

vRa86rn.png

hGNgKOI.png

First thing she did was calling Mathias and vent to him all of her frustration :joy:
    "No need to worry about it, right? That closet is 100% risk-free, right? Well guess who's the knocked up lady that's going to shove a coathanger up your plum!"

z9PutrN.png

She then had to break the news to her sisters.

4QR6bt7.png

Good thing they all supported her. They know Selene can't really deal with children, so they're prepared to help her out though this.

XOtjNNr.png

The very next morning she had her biggest gig ever and she was super worried she wasn't going to fit into that costume. Surprisingly, she was still super slim. And she had also gained boobs too :neutral: I mean, the bright side of pregnancy...

EvsSl5B.png

... if only she could have known in advance what was going to happen to her on set :joy:

lnGlnXm.png

First she messed up her action scene. For the very first time. She fell on her bum super hard.

2b6F2La.png

6TVmST4.png

Then there was the sword fight, and it looked like it was going to be epic...

tscMtTV.png

8tmTQAl.png

... but...

Fudr1Eg.png

:joy: DEAR LORD I CAN'T :joy:

g2WkP8s.png

:joy: I almost died laughing when this happened :joy: the animations :joy:

LaFyXzb.png

:joy: THE ANIMATIONS :joy:

fVPsNlt.png

FYvkk46.png

That's exactly what you want to see happen to your pregnant sim, right? :joy:

tIxhCuo.png

... at least she rocked the kiss scene :joy:

dVc2jff.png

UoNjki7.png
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ... have I already said YAY FOR UNIVERSITY??? :joy:
    -anyway-
    Replies! once again, too much in a hurry

@debjameswhite I'm still at a loss of words for how pretty Kelsey is. That girl's stunning :flushed: there's like not one sim in that household who's not super pretty, really. It's nice that Lawrence's always hanging around and I applaud Kelsey for being able to do her homework with that huge distraction right in her face :joy: The club full of ghosts :joy: that's one hell of a party! At the moment only my hospital is being overrun with ghosts, but I bet I'll start to see stuff like this soon in my game too. Aww at the teens sneaking out to go visit the Wolfe <3 there's so much love in the air in your updates I can't even. Look at that hot-tub woohoo :flushed: I swear the devs really tried their best with those animations. Yay for grandpa Caleb and his redhead wife :joy: I love pics of doggos swimming with their owners, my heart melts every time! And now I'm just so sad to see Chester pass away like 3 pics later. Dang it. The horrible weather sums up perfectly my feelings every time a pet dies in game. Welp here we go with the unexpected pregnancy... risky woohoo maybe? :joy: omg congrats on the little prince! I bet he's going to be super spoiled for being the only kiddo in the house now <3 --- on the other hand, lol, poor Sasha (RUN SASHA RUN) (AND NEVER LOOK BACK) :joy: Lawrence and Kelsey are truly adorable together and I love just how slow they seem to have taken things. They look so cute together <3

@JordanNicoleJJ oh no why :bawling: that's so unlucky, really! I love the specs of your new laptop btw. That's one monster of a pc :flushed: Just one question, out of curiosity: ... why a laptop and not a desktop, with all those money and awesome hardware? Is it just your personal preference? When my old pc died on me overheating and being able to upgrade the hardware in the future were the two strongest point I saw for building myself a desktop and avoid gaming on a laptop. Though, if I had seen a laptop like yours around I might have caved 'cause those specs are soo good. Anyway, I hope they fix it soon and you get that baby back asap! <3 on the bright side- YAY UNIVERSITY <3 I can't wait!!!
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    Yay some comments! I'm starving!! :)

@Kiwicantdie I was sooooo happy to see your update. I miss everyone so much :) It's not the first time we've had a lull though and it won't be the last time I'm sure :) I'm glad you think Kelsey is pretty...when you asked me why I chose her, I was afraid you didn't like her as much as one of her sisters :)

Anyways! On to your update! I can't believe Rudy just vanished like that! Not OK sims!! I'm so sorry you didn't get his urn. He was such a sweet boy! Selene's career is just amazing. I love seeing her in it. Not even Spencer caused these mass murders like your Selene does! She looked awesome in her gown and good job Aurora making sure there are pictures! I love that Reed was there and so excited to get an autograph from her! She has come full circle!!
    I can't with her. She looks stunning 24/7 and she's not even the heir I chose.
    Why do you keep hurting me? Hehehe I'm just kidding, it's ok you didn't pick her as heir...I guess. Especially if it's the cutest ever couple Aurora and Ridge! So cute on their date. Awww Selene! Good thing she has loving sisters to help her with this!! I loved her last scene! Not a blonde! I love that hair. OMG ouch though...right through the foot and she was fine??? That guy she was smooching at the end wasn't bad either!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @debjameswhite oh yes I'm starving for updates too tbh :bawling: I wish everybody was still here but I know that sometimes you gotta focus on more important things in life <3 (I mean... this is coming from someone that went MIA for almost two years in this challenge lol) still, I hope to hear from others soon. Maybe with the new EP coming out people might start playing again?

On the topic of Kelsey, I've always thought that she was stunning!! If I asked why you decided to pic her I was just really curious 'cause I was under the impression that you were going for heirs which had red hair (I might be wrong? I might have missed something??) :joy: also, most of the times I express myself incorrectly and I fear that people might misunderstand what I'm trying to say 'cause I can't ENGLISH. If I ever come off as rude just know that it's probably a language issue and not me ever actually meaning to be rude :joy:
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    @Kiwicantdie Awww! I have never once thought you were rude! I was just curious about what you were thinking. Your ability to English is amazing to me!!! <3 My heir criteria is the green eyes. I was hoping that Spencer and Ailssa would have a red head just because I was tired of the dark hair. Now that Lawrence is in the mix, I'm looking forward to hopefully blonde hair and green yes <fingers crossed>.
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @Kiwicantdie I see Selene’s acting career is really taking off I know she must of been excited when she got Asked for her autograph from her costar. I feel so bad for Luna poor thing. I really chuckled when I saw the vets outside showering. I think of Rohr is so pretty I see she’s doing well in her new job as a Vlogger. I also see that Selene is doing well in her acting career as well. I see everyone had fun at the Halloween party I can’t wait to get seasons for myself. Oh wow Selene is pregnant this should be good. Good things she has her sisters. I think she will be a great mom.

@debjameswhite I have to agree you do have a very nice looking family. So are Kelsey and Lawrence going to become an item. I think they are so cute together.I see Megan and Edam are hitting it off very well. Poor Chester.😔
    Oh my God Sasha had lotta babies how was she going to handle triplets?
    I have to agree with you it is nice to have a toddler when you have teams in the house they help out so much. Every time I look at Kelsey I think about how pretty she is.

@JordanNicoleJJ I am so sorry you are having problems with your computer I know when my last computer zonked out on me I was miserable.
    I don’t know how I feel about university I’m hoping that is good, I guess we’ll see I should be getting it in the next couple of weeks.

]
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    :sweat_smile: Peeking in to say motherhood is a handful of fun and I am trying to savor every moment with the little one. Not sure when I will get to play again as I have been trying to get ahead with work and bring in some extra money with overtime. I am working really hard to push for a promotion and a salary position.
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @OJenn Hi:) I am glad to hear that you are enjoying every moment with your baby. It goes by so fast. I am already believing that you will get your promotion. It is always nice when you pop in.
    ]
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    My laptop is back!! I haven't really gotten to "test" it yet, but it better be fixed - they replaced an internal cable related to the battery/charging, both fans, and the motherboard :flushed: So I am really glad I sent it in. I'm gonna leave some quick comments for now, then read your updates and comment on those (hopefully) later tonight :smile:

@Kiwicantdie I was actually seriously considering building a desktop, but ultimately I chose laptop over desktop because I like being able to take it to work, on trips, over to my friends' houses, etc. I mean technically I could take a desktop places, but it'd be such a hassle lol. I also had to make an impulse decision because my boyfriend got a huge return from a mortgage overcharge or something, so he told me to pick something out and he'd buy it for me for my birthday (which technically isn't until Sunday, but whatever). I sent him links to this laptop and the older/cheaper model and told him to pick since it's his money, and he got me this one :smiley: Since the specs are so good, I won't need to "upgrade" anything for awhile, so the only real worry I have is overheating - which hopefully I solved by sending it in :grimace:

@amadazulsim It was a miserable week, but my laptop's back now, and I'm so excited to get back to simming!!

@OJenn I'm so glad you're enjoying mom life, definitely savor every moment! <3 And fingers crossed you'll get your promotion - I'm sure you deserve it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top