Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'll be double-updating (today + Sunday) this weekend 'cause I'm feeling generous spammy like I have to move this challenge forward much more if I ever want to be able to play the next generation with the University EP. Also: YAY for holidays! <3 I can barely function anymore with my full weekly classes and two jobs. I need a break and I just wanna have time to play the game *sobs*

I guess I'll begin with one more death.

6VjrbTV.png

Luna left us, and this time around no weird glitchy thing happened. She passed away like all pets should, mourned by all the family. Even Artemis and their kittens watched. I feel like Irene was hit the hardest. She was so used to sit on her desk and write her stories with all the cats playing in the room.

hSWBVkN.png

Technology started betraying her too more than it used to.

gxNqumF.png

Gone but still close <3

GfT0oZ9.png

As soon as she reached her second semester, Selene decided to announce her (oopsie) pregnancy to the fans. She looks cute pregnant, even tho she hates it. It hasn't stopped her from working on her audition either.

a386IR6.png

One of those wintery days, GeekCon was in San Myshuno and I couldn't keep the girls at home anymore.

ky9PNvK.png

Turns out that @Heckstress17's Lyric was over there too :joy: it's been so long since I've seen her in game, it was super nice to see that she was still around.

pEKkhvB.png

Her sister Cadence was with the girls as usual.

h1WasB7.png

She even challenged Irene.

03mbaQm.png

Ridge was in a super flirty mood most of the time and Aurora appreciated every single one of his interactions.

THU8Dwl.png

Bigger-andstillsingle-sister Eliane couldn't get a clue :joy:

HqjWtkP.png

But at least she didn't seem to mind.

zftJCLL.png

(can't really say the same for Irene :joy: )

J3As1ZZ.png

It was such a fun time, maybe because it was super sunny. The city looks so nice I can't wait to play here too.

WBPYcrX.png

H81JDFq.png

oYKVcrf.png

*literally five minutes after having woohooed with him in outer space* (where's the eyeroll emoji????)

qEobvBA.png

This was such a surprise tho :joy: ... winning with a score like that?? Really????? Oh well.

oJ3nVO4.png

Selene arrived too, but super late due to her last audition. She passed, but at this point she was super pregnant and afraid that it could ruin the part. She's not loving motherhood one bit and she's not looking forward to what comes next.

4UJAzqT.png

Tho she's not really afraid to use it to get even more popularity :joy: you know that the media loves stuff like this. She's loved the paparazzi ever since she started showing.

sNDP1Gl.png

5y7xgTi.png

It paid off.

IEmQOBK.png

Mathias' been feeling pretty neutral about becoming a father. He's not going to be involved in the child's life that much, but he'll be around as usual and provide from time to time, if he can. Both him and Selene are cool with staying as friends with benefits and don't even think about tying to knot over an unwanted pregnancy.

k5tSIlz.png

rcTm4eN.png

He had to witness her go into labor, tho, and it was pretty hilarious :joy:

s2ycGbz.png

That moment when you're ready to give birth but stop to clean the bathroom floor 'cause hygiene comes first :joy:

Hvm8RGi.png

On a scale from 0 to Selene, how ready are you to become a mother? :joy::joy::joy:

Nu2Uhe2.png

It was freezing cold, but the birth went super fast and smooth, considered that I had her go to the hospital.

cSSaDzs.png

Aaaand- it's a girl! <3 yay but also nay. Just to reinforce even more that Selene's not this gen heir. If she had given birth to a boy I might have considered it, 'cause I'm going all in for a male sim to play after all these girly months :joy:
    Don't even know why I'm choosing Italian names, but it felt right.

Eo5NV1n.png

Selene kinda warmed up at the sight of that little face. I think she felt proud, in a way.

xR6Mmmr.png

I'll be able to see what Emilia looks like as soon as I jump back in the game, since she's ready to become a toddler already, but she's being the fussiest baby I had ever since I started this challenge. She looks like she's sleeping peacefully, but she's actually a nightmare.

epOpBcb.png

Mathias was still there when Selene arrived back home with the baby, so he had a chance to see her.
    "Look, she wants to stick a coathanger up your plum too!" :joy:

biHodWF.png

Believe it or not, Selene had to go to work just 30 minutes after having given birth. It's like she timed it perfectly.
    "Hhhhhmmm, why does it look like you've gained a few pounds, miss?"
    "Oh, it's not like a pushed a watermelon out in the last hour or something. Not at all."

taQdkFF.png

She got to play a doctor. Of course: BLONDE :joy:

zjmQPmu.png

This was probably my least favorite gig in a while, but at least there was romance and death.

TS4WAC4.png

PvMJQOl.png

uRArEk7.png

pdVDbQr.png

She finished super late in the evening and it had started snowing like crazy. First blizzard in a while.

kaVaTuN.png

She was too tired to take care of Emilia, but her sisters were super happy to help her out and take turns feeding her.

aEJdboz.png

gNMKk3u.png

I took my sweet time finishing the house, remodeling some stuff and expanding the backyard. I think it looks nice with the snow.

p20jlDM.png

The very next morning, surprise! Turns out that Aurora's hard work paid off way sooner than expected. I'm kinda shocked, I really thought that Selene was going to get there first.

YToase0.png

I guess I shouldn't have underestimated this sweet smile.

AEmAXE3.png

Of course I left Emilia at home alone with the best babysitter ever to take the girls back to Del Sol Valley >:)

wDfTC48.png

There was a light drizzle, but it couldn't stop the ceremony. Aurora looked so pretty :bawling: *that awkward moment that you wish you were 1/2 as pretty as a virtual sim*

QI7I0RV.png

IzxmN6f.png

My first ever global superstar since the EP launched.

MW3Myfh.png

I just love how Cadence showed up wearing Aurora's clothes :joy: you gotta appreciate the support!

Wlf2TVS.png

There were Selene's fans around too, tho. She just couldn't deny them a few selfies.

bv0mfgy.png

Super supportive sisterly hugs <3

9Se1PHS.png

qbH5JIt.png

That night Ridge decided to celebrate by taking her out on a date at Willow's Creek's lounge, just the two of them. Sadly, it was a tiny bit too crowded.

44Fu5c0.png

Townies kept recognizing Aurora and pass out at her feet :joy: hilarious, but not the kind of stuff you want to see happen on a date.

0N14pYV.png

I had them go upstairs, but it didn't help.

YENDS6i.png

A few selfies with the fans later, I had enough and decided to take them both on the third and last floor of the building.

wJDwbYQ.png

When I build this lot, I had it set as a "honeymoon" floor for the couples that get married in the chapel below, but this time around I had to put a door that only celebrities could cross in order to have them be alone for a little while :joy:
    I loved the storm outside.

veLFAyh.png

jgl3efL.png

lfKK5DQ.png

Aaaaand a few more steamy pics 'cause there's also a hot tube :mrgreen:

ze4BQLF.png

1NiqFOk.png

(them animations tho :joy: )

NiYGpvx.png

xu6dPLb.png

That's it for now, but I'll be back soon <3
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Finally back for some comments. Hopefully I can jump in game and get my founders/starter home set up today too :smile:

@Kiwicantdie Aurora's new makeover is gorgeous! Sometimes I think about going back to cc, but then you remind me why I haven't with comments like "it's hard to keep up with it when it breaks" - yeah, I have no patience for that lol. Of course Selene still got gold on her worst performance ever :lol: OMG Irene in her little witch costume with the black cat spazzing out in the background - PERFECT. Yesss I ship Ridge and Aurora so hard - I WANT BABIEZ :naughty: I am gonna miss Selene and her fame massacres when you eventually move on to the next gen though :lol: Oh no, Rudy :bawling: Of COURSE the game had to glitch on you right then :angry: I think Selene's apocalypse role is my fav so far - SO dramatic lol. I called it - she SO deserved that award :sunglasses: AHH and she matched with Reed :joy: Can she please have an affair with him already, they would make such gorgeous babies :joy::bawling: Ridge is too precious, gotta love first date nerves :blush: Oh. My. God. Poor Selene. I would have never expected (or wanted) her to get pregnant...god help that baby :lol: See!! The pregnancy hormones are already throwing off her acting!! I love the drama so much though THE SWORD IN HER FOOT :joy::joy: She's just like, "DO YOU SEE THIS??? THERE'S A SWORD. IN. MY. FOOT." And her co-worker about to throw up... I can't :lol: At least she nailed the romance scene and isn't scarred thanks to pushy Mathias and risky woohoo :sweat_smile: Not Luna too :bawling: Man, Irene is having like the worst day ever...cat dies, computer breaks, forced to witness love :lol: I feel bad for her, I really do. "Bigger-andstillsingle-sister" you're killing me with your commentary :joy::joy: Hey, at least a surprise pregnancy is good for your fame, right? "On a scale from 0 to Selene, how ready are you to become a mother?" Personally, I'm a Selene on that scale too :lol: Aww at least the aunties love the baby. Maybe that's Irene's destiny - live with Selene forever and raise her children :lol: Holy plum, that house is GORGEOUS :anguished: I'm so jealous of your building skills. What a cool ceremony!! I obviously haven't had a famous enough sim to do that, so I'm totally living vicariously through you right now. I'm kinda shocked Aurora got a star before Selene too, but she did get an award first...Selene's gotta be so bitter :lol: Ooooo I sense potential heir babies coming soon... :smirk::smiley: Gah, what a cliffhanger - I need more!! ...I say as I haven't posted in like 20 years :grimace:

@debjameswhite For having three teens in the house, Jeremy and Drew don't look a day over young adult! Must've been all that stress-free beach/jungle life they had when they were younger - cause they're aging like fine wine :smirk: Speaking of eternal youth, how many wives has grandpa Caleb had now? :lol: AHHHH Drew's pregnant again?!!? Risky woohoo, nooo!! Lawrence and Kelsey are like the stars of a coming-of-age movie - you know, the "best friends who eventually realize they love each other and live happily ever after" trope lol. It's really sweet seeing them just enjoying each others' company, even if they aren't overly romantic yet. It's a slow burn romance :blush: A baby boy! Hopefully he'll be an easy baby/toddler for you. And it looks like he is! Or at least the three teens help tremendously, I imagine. Ooo first date! Little bit awkward, as can be expected when dating an old friend, but I love how excited Kelsey looked after her first kiss - I swear she's channeling every coming-of-age movie ever lol.
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Hi everyone!

Once again, I haven't posted in forever. I have been playing here and there but I've also been playing TS3.

I'm mostly just trying to figure out why I was able to play full screen on my old crappy laptop, but have to play on windowed mode on my much better PC. I know there will always be issued with TS3 no matter how good your computer is, but I thought TS4 would be different.

What specs does everyone have in their set ups? I've got a bit of money at the moment, so I can afford to upgrade my processor or grpahics card, but I thought I'd check in with you guys and see what you're all running first.

I installed the Slice of Life mod last night, so I'm gunna give that a go today (just gotta force myself to go to the gym first *eye roll*). I also have some screenshots just sitting on my computer so I might put those up before I have to go.

@Kiwicantdie I think Irene is officially my favourite. Don't ask why because I honestly don't know, but she's the one haha. Watching Selene be a mother is going to be hilarious - I can just feel it. I also dont think I'll make it to the next gen and be ready for the release of Univesity, but I'm going to try.

@JordanNicoleJJ I'm so glad you're up and running again! Can't wait to see your new founders :) I feel like I should know this, but which world are you going to be playing in?
    edited November 2019
    Here we go again!
    Qphnnn1.png

We're slowing making money, so I've been furnishing/upgrading as we go along. At this point, everyone still has air mattresses though haha
    JcLdgYc.png

Emilia has the Artistic Prodigy LTW and I decided the keyboard was the way to go. She's so cute!
    SiNJpZh.png

Rosa is trying to complete the reading part of her LTW
    HGz8dOL.png

Emilia joined the Scouts (not that she ended up doing a whole lot)
    uk05TkJ.png

Time for this little one's birthday!
    OqmfjRB.png
    CkCH3yG.png
    Jayden is now Outgoing and has the Social Butterfly LTW (my least favourite)

ZLykJPy.png
    sLlyAPm.png
    khMReQA.png
    y680Mke.png
    Od6gp4b.png
    We have a little girl named Lacey <3 She's Inquisitive

Water balloon fight!
    Nwr1jLj.png

Lucas wasn't gaining followers fast enough just using his phone, and I remembered that @Kiwicantdie was using the streaming thing, so I gave that a go....and now everyone wants to use it!
    N1bFb8N.png

Mumma Rosa wants to get back into shape after her third (and last?) baby
    EpIgciv.png

These two are such good friends. They interact autonomously all the time.
    nXuu0El.png

I'm pretty sure Lucas kept losing and ragequit at some point hahaha
    AE9eJvv.png

I've got more screenshots than I thought, so I'll be back with the rest later.
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @amadazulsim Kelsey and Lawrence are definitely going to become an item. I am so happy to get to play Lawrence again. I love him so much!

@OJenn <hugs> Happy to see you pop in! Definitely missing you, but also so happy for you!

@Kiwicantdie Awwww poor Luna. I wish the pets didn't have to go. Poor Irene! I bet she feels her little kitty kept her tech in line! Awww I kinda love that her ghost is there. Selene is super cute pregnant. Ridge and Aurora are so cute. Ha! I love Irene's reaction! Somehow I have yet to get an unflirty sim! Seriously Ridge? And Seriously EA? Why do you do this to us? Wow! Irene won!! That's awesome!!

I love Selene being all cranky about pregnancy until the cameras showed up! She still looks so good though and she's worked hard for what she's gotten! Yay for a baby girl! I like the name Emelia. Very pretty! Haha when Spencer was an actor I don't think he ever played a doctor. I have to wonder why she died...hehe Selene is lucky she has sisters who want to help her with the baby. Oh my gosh I love how pretty your house looks! It makes me want to build. Wow! Look at Aurora go! I didn't expect that either! Surprise and congrats!! Oh my gosh it's so funny...I saw you updated when I was supposed to be sleeping so I didn't read it I just scrolled through quick. I kept thinking, did she make Selene blonde? Why is Selene blonde? Now I understand! It's not Selene!! Go Aurora!! I'm proud of Selene being happy for her sister. I love those animations in the hot tub as I'm sure you know :) I love Aurora and Ridge now. I approve :)

@JordanNicoleJJ hehehe Grandpa Caleb is surprisingly only on his 3rd wife. When I first discovered he was part of our family tree his firs wife had been long dead. He got married while Aimee was young and has just now recently gotten married again. I'm curious to see if he'll keep marrying redheads! Haha! You're so right about all the tropes and coming of age movies! I just love them. I'm so happy that Lawrence is going to have a happy life this time.

@JBAG521 Welcome back, it's nice to see you again!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, it looks like the last time I posted an update was 10 days before my baby girl was born. :hushed: What an exciting and wild ride it has been since then! I fully plan to ride on the coattails of @JordanNicoleJJ and @Heckstress17 and come in with new founders! Only this time I think I want to start over completely. That's right I am going all the way back to Willow Creek and the original mates listing. Call me crazy but I will be using the mates I didn't use the first go around and doing the fixer upper challenge vs. the rebuilding one.

DecisiveHeavyFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif
    @OJenn That's exciting to here! I've been thinking about Willow Creek too :) Can't wait to see what you do!!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @JBAG521 I haven't tried Sims 3 on my new laptop yet, but it wouldn't run at all on my old laptop, yet it worked on my even older more of a potato laptop that was on literal life support (no battery/always plugged in, external keyboard and mouse, sitting on a cooling fan on top of an ice pack, bags of ice on the keyboard...it was bad :lol: ). Sims is weird sometimes. Also, Sims 4 wouldn't work on the life support laptop, but it worked great on my old laptop just not the best graphics. Now I have the best graphics but I'm having overheating issues :expressionless: My new laptop has an Intel i7 9750 cpu, nvidia gtx 2070 gpu, 32GB RAM. In theory, it should run Sims 4 flawlessly, but something's wrong with my laptop in general because multiple cores hit 100C within 30 mins of loading the game.

Jayden's a cute kid! I'm not a fan of social buttery either though lol. Congrats on another baby girl! Love all the family time pics - looks like they're a tight-knit family <3

@debjameswhite @OJenn omg I'm so glad you guys said that because I've secretly been wanting to go back to Willow Creek too :lol: Part of it's because I want to experience Willow Creek with better graphics and Seasons, and part of it's because a lot of the fun was all of us building in the same world and using the same mates at the same time - getting to compare builds and mates' genes and stuff. It's not quite the same for me when we're all in different worlds using different gene pools. I remade my Sulani founders and built them a starter house, but again, I just can't really get into it. I think it's because I want to make my builds match the "island" style, and I'm not that great at it, and I can only use the same doors/windows/etc. so many times :sweat_smile: Maybe I'll do what @debjameswhite did and temporarily move to Sulani if I roll the beach life aspiration.
    So there is something interesting in CAS, and I believe we touched on it briefly when it first came out. I decided to make my founders using it.
    250947629c.png

05ed07a404.png

It seems that as you start to get into the personality questions you have the option to skip certain ones. But I opted to answer all of them based on the type of sim I had in mind.
    61e2c9944b.png

As you answer questions aspiration and personality traits start to populate for you but you won't see them until the end.
    8f766fe8f0.png

b6e836f809.png

f1abd020f7.png

4ce49dd4ba.png

1735e4683c.png

c86e1adcd6.png

760180d4b2.png

50c32d65de.png

ac60568fe1.png

After answering the questions my results were tallied up!
    8311d8a336.png

0efad8ef75.png

And while the results were great the sim was....needed some work :confused:
    8755dfea19.png

So I got to work and I came up with this gal, she has no name yet but I plan to make a boyfriend/girlfriend for her later.
    8dadf5ad70.png
    Oh boy I love coming back to the forum and seeing a lot of notifications <3

@JordanNicoleJJ the "sword in the foot" animation still cracks me up every time I think about it :joy: it's the kind of silly little thing that makes me love the game, I swear. Pls devs give us moar <3. Also I love how you've said you're "a Selene" on the scale too but then again you're like "YAAS BABIEZ" :joy: I mean- same. If it's sim babies, I'm more than ready to put every single one of my sims through hell with unwanted pregnancies >:) I truly hope that your pc is now fine and that you can take advantage of them awesome specs to get back into the game <3 I can't wait to see what you decide to do, if starting with new founders or keep playing in Strangerville.

@JBAG521 I have both sims 3 and sims 4 in my one-year-old gaming desktop that I built myself and despite the specs sims 3 runs like absolute crap, it drives me insane after 10 minutes. On the other hand, sims 4 runs soooooo smooth that it's like heaven. I have a i5-8400, 16 GB of RAM and a GTX 1060 that doesn't even need upgrading atm. Too bad that at the moment graphic cards' prices are insane. TS4 is starting to get heavier if you own all expansions/GP or SP, so... I would consider upgrading, if your laptop is really old. It makes such a huge difference.
    I love how you're slowly furnishing the house as your sims gain more money, I wish I had the patience to do that every single time! I adore all of the little kiddos in that fam <3 and I can't wait to see how they look like once they grow up!

@debjameswhite I've just finished watching ts4 builds on youtube and I feel so bad about myself right now that I even know what to do :bawling: lol I need to improve! Selene would never go blonde tbh :joy: she's the proudest brunette around! (and that's probably why at work they make her go through hell)-.

@OJenn I'm so happy to hear from you! <3 enjoy all those precious moments now that you can, I'm sure it's such an amazing time! I'm stocked to see that you're willing to jump back into the game with new founders, and in Willow Creek too! I feel less alone :joy: The sim you created is sooo gorgeous! Kudos for trying out the new feature in cas, I haven't done that yet but it looks a lot of fun.
    KEBB11a.png
    Super spammy update <3
    Sorry if it's too long, I just fully abused the free time I had this weekend to play TS4 way more than I should :joy:

I actually really hate winter :tongue: both in life and in game.

Txpjz5h.png

The weather's been horrible for a while, now, and I can't wait for spring to arrive. If would just be fine if it was sunny, but nope. It has to suck :bawling:
    The mailman feels my pain. And I feel hers. Look at the poor thing.

L8vxvry.png

Even Irene struggled to get things done since she had to go outside to send her novels to publishers.

JvZkRy3.png

The only ones that seem to have a good time are the fans stuck outside the house :joy: I swear I don't even know what's going on there anymore.

S8XwVH8.png

Selene spent most of her time staying inside and, when she didn't have to prepare for auditions, playing games online.

IVT865A.png

(lol)

1fs6XZK.png

Aurora and Ridge had other ideas in mind to keep warm, if you know what I mean :smirk:

gHJmMv7.png

SlLPIBP.png

Also, Aurora created this digital painting and I find it soooo cute.

Pihioj1.png

Every once in awhile Selene tried to bond with her daughter, though she wasn't super comfortable.

ssbw3GN.png

She'd rather held her furbabies :joy: which are also warm during winter.

CZyu4oK.png

... and speaking about furbabies...
    It happened. AGAIN.

gfYwVWd.png

Artemis was there and the next time I checked he was gone from the household. Disappeared. Deleted. Not even a notification of his death. I don't have his grave, yet again :bawling: I'M SO MAD. I've seen him already come back from the dead but I have no clue on where he came from 'cause I can't spot his grave no matter how hard I look.

LxVIHDZ.png

Well, anyway, time passed pretty quickly and Emilia was ready to become a toddler. Selene looked quite happy to see what on earth she had given birth to, not gonna lie :joy:

1IFHYsV.png

Of course we have a charmer in da house.

FZKN38M.png

It's......................................... A BLONDE SELENE :joy::joy::joy:

DIJ4079.png

Honest to god, I even peaked what she's going to look like as a grown-up. She's literally Selene's clone. She doesn't have ONE feature of Mathias besides the hair color :joy: I guess that all the hairstylists who tried to make Selene blonde ever since she became an actress are now happy that they got what they always wanted :joy:
    Growing up & tripping over the poor sick elderly cat. Nice.

k1z4o2r.png

Emilia's in awe of her mother. Even if Selene's anything but motherly.
    "One day I'll be just as pretty and famous as her" :joy: --- you probably will, my child. I bet on it.

Y46sHYn.png

She immediately started acting like the sweetest kid ever. I like her, even if genetically speaking she's sort of meh.

CBXxa9u.png

Irene went immediately into full parent mode. She didn't have much to do anyway, besides writing books and looking after her little niece. She's the best auntie.

9eC8S3S.png

WCPXPMq.png

Emilia also went outside to meet her dad and assert dominance from the get-go.
    "You're the blond one. You must be daddy!" :joy:

hHRxqV5.png

Mathias couldn't even do his own things 'cause Emilia was already asking for baths and food.

hmqDLGM.png

"Really, kiddo? UGH. I have to practice, you cant just stay here and bob to the music all afternoon!"
    (Selene really does have little patience)

zHAviC6.png

Mathias decided to help her with the blocks in (sorta) silence so that Selene could work on her things. He's kinda cute.
    What a family :joy:

XhAU4hJ.png

Next, Selene got to star in two cool movies! I was actually really impressed with the first one.

09sike0.png

............ and the next hair color is.................

8zq7kjf.png

Blonde :joy: she looked super cool tho. Also, she was starring with the same actor that played the "sword-in-da-foot" scene :joy: aw, the memories :joy:

5VrqXZ9.png

She didn't mess up this time around.

FSSWFhD.png

NpO5uej.png

dg3ucuL.png

U9BbUgA.png

(don't talk game of thrones to me, it still hurts)

zmozT5R.png

Next one was even better, at least in my opinion.

pFQoVFu.png

.... the moment of truth................... :joy:

84EEq1q.png

NOT A BLONDE :joy: and she also looked super good like this! See??? You already got your blonde Selene-clone, world, leave the girl be with her brunette hair :joy:

JFCcEUu.png

jGvWi5c.png

2LaSUPX.png

1Gr9dOk.png

Dt1TTdy.png

"Who forgot to practice before work? Me! Who passed with gold anyway??? ME!" :joy:

KrxnJpL.png

Sadly for Selene, back at home Aurora had some news to share.
    She thought she had just gained some weight in the past few days, when in reality she was pregnant.
    Selene didn't take it well.

rLhfTWj.png

"Oh no! Not another kid! I can't take it! What am I even going to do??? I'll have to move out! THAT'S HORRIBLE" :joy:

g3VngxP.png

Irene was taken aback too. She couldn't believe that history was going to repeat itself so soon.

1FqTIHL.png

Aurora seemed to be super chill. She already had everything figured out.
    "Oh but unlike you I'm going to get married soon FOR SURE and Ridge is going to move in with us and he'll be an awesome dad and take care of all the kids!" ( >:) )sure girls, that's totally not an oopsie baby like Selene's believe what you want

ffNiMBG.png

As if things weren't enough, one book later this happened.

8atR4RO.png

We have another global superstar in da house and it's not Selene :joy: wow. The scandal.
    The girls went back to Del Sol Valley for another ceremony, and this time it looked like there were even more elders around. Don't really know why Irene would have so many elderly readers but OK I guess :joy:

LmfSxMu.png

qp1HE3k.png

I'm mad at the game for always being cloudy or snowy. Please give me a little bit of sun. I'm begging.

1iH7egy.png

Even fellow Austins turned into paparazzi as soon as they realized that Emilia was out in the open and Aurora was pregnant.

3DUyC5j.png

Irene celebrated with her favorite niece. Give the people something to take pictures about, right? At least this looks cute.

VoQAIQ8.png

9c7ifds.png

When she actually posed like the superstar she now is, things started to get weird. One of her fan just............ had no clue about personal space :joy:

A42Z3eG.png

Way to make a scandal :joy:

dIxGC5a.png

I gotta admit, sometimes I too forget that Irene's the most materialistic of these girls. She's the one that has the "fabulously wealthy" aspiration, after all. I think it suits her so much, considering her lifestyle.

HWUVGwb.png

.... so why not show it and throw some money at your fans like the boss you are??? :joy:

91DEXRU.png

Make it rain, Irene :joy: make it rain!

legvUz5.png

Finally, back at home Aurora decided to call over Ridge to share the big news.

TOTKG5S.png

She looked so happy, I just-

2aFZQs1.png

-of course Ridge had to ruin everything.

tLvL7W1.png

"Why would you even react like that??? I thought you were going to be happy about becoming a dad! I thought you couldn't wait to marry me and have kids together!"

6AmLghq.png

"Happy?? How can I be happy about this, Aurora??? I already have TWO KIDS and a WIFE, for plum' sake!"

Dn6zffN.png

"Two kids and a wife????? That's not what you said to me when you asked me out! You never even mentioned it when I asked you to become my boyfriend! Why would you even want to do such a thing to me?? To them?????"

zUJL9pS.png

"Look. I don't even expect you to believe me, but trust me when I say that I didn't want this. One day I was sexy free single and ready to mingle, the next a superior force dragged me out of my household to match me with this unknown older lady I had never even seen before. I went through one of those "days to run checkups" thing or something to impregnate her and that's it. That's how I became a father. I never wanted any of this, I swear! You just hadn't shown any romantic interest towards me yet and that's why THE THING marked me as single and forced me to marry her!"

TvAnvVB.png

"Oh nice one! You're really creative, I'll admit that! And you know what? I don't care about a thing. You're going to get out of that house, leave your children, divorce that woman and get in here to take effin' responsibility or I swear I'm going to make your life a living hell!"

nOpYYm4.png

Welp. You know what's next.

SHc9bEv.png
    KEBB11a.png
    @Kiwicantdie - Shh its never spam! I love seeing long updates and I know a few others here that love them too :wink:

Oof! Winter is my favorite in real life but in The Sims I feel bad for them with all the effects. If only the mail lady had some long sleeves, poor thing for sure. Ha! Irene has the most determined look on her face when braving the elements to send her books. You go Irene! Selene, on the other hand, has the right idea no weather discomfort for her. Aurora is so cute, I love her and I mean who wouldn't want to "cuddle" with Ridge :lol:

I wonder if the pets disappearing is some sort of bug in the game? That's so odd and incredibly sad but at least you have his ghost? Emilia already has her dad, and auntie, wrapped around her little fingers and its so cute lol. omg I love the set it definitely is very game of thrones esque (don't worry I am still not over it). Ouch @ Ridge's reaction I had hoped he'd be a little happier about it. Aurora's face says it all though after he blew up, wow.
    Mmmmmmmm.....nothing I like better on a Sunday morning than my coffee and an active sim forum to read while I sip!

@OJenn Thank you so much for sharing the story shots! I've been curious about that but of course I haven't had any new sims since it came out. That will be fun next time I'm making founders!

@Kiwicantdie It's never too long. Never. I hate winter too. My little sunflowers that were trying to grow from the bird feeder died this morning from frost. So sad. Your update is happy though...That poor mailman. If you're going to introduce seasons, let the mailman be warm!! Awww poor Selene...it sucks to be a gamer and get old. Look how pretty your room looks behind Aurora and Ridge. I love that shot. Oh that digital painting is adorable. That's so annoying about your pets. Where are they going?? Your family genes are very strong! You keep making little clones! hehe Emilia is very cute though! I already can't wait to see her as a teen. I love her little outfit. Expect to see that on one of my future toddlers!! hehe I love Irene with her. It's so sweet. Oh Selene looked really cool in the red dress scenes. I don't think they ever let them keep their hair color. You think once they got to global superstar they'd want their star to look like themselves! Oh my gosh! Even as I say that they ALMOST let her keep her hair! It's that reddish brown color they always gave Spencer...when they weren't making him bald! Hooray for another nooboo! I can't wait...Oh Irene got Global Superstar before Selene too...hmmm...Awww sweet Irene. Who better to celebrate with than your niece?? Wow that is close...Irene who's not flirty was appropriately oblivious...Wow Ridge! What a reaction! I'm sad. OMG What??? Ridge??? My heart! OMG so surprising, so fun....and you were wrong, it's not too long I want more!

@OJenn @Kiwicantdie Just remember when she says winter is her favorite, that she lives in the south. Winter would be my favorite too if I lived somewhere that rarely sees winter!! hehehe :)<3

Through glitches in my game and Lawrence taking things into his own hands, these two had “first” kiss over and over.
    EAiRh.png
    EAiS7.png

When they’re not having first kiss, Kelsey is trying to do homework.
    EAiSy.png
    EAiSF.png

Don’t look at me. You’re not cute. I’m doing homework.
    EAiSM.png

Also, look at this cute toddler!
    EAiU2.png

Dad, pay attention to me.
    EAiUB.png

Dad?
    EAiUX.png

Jeremy must be focused on the next game.
    EAiVe.png

It was finally time for my love birds to become adults so I went over to the Wolfe home to make sure everything was well and Lawrence would age up nicely. He seems pretty happy.
    EAj9p.PNG

For old timers, you’ll see Greysen being the father we know him to be.
    EAiWH.png
    EAiWP.png
    EAiX7.png

Kelsey came over for a little visit.
    EAiXy.png

They’re so cute, I can’t get enough.
    EAiXW.png
    EAiYk.png

It’s fun to see Lawrence working on building his former skills again.
    EAiZK.png
    EAiZS.png

Winterfest was held at the Wolfe house this year.
    EAj0d.png

It was a nice small gathering.
    EAj0Y.png

The Wolfe twins happen to have birthdays on Winterfest as well.
    EAj1J.png
    EAj2m.png

Back at the West household, the girls had their birthday the next day.
    EAj30.png

You all know what this means!

I love everything you can see in this picture. Ruins, the moon, Drew and Jeremy’s house, the little restaurant.
    EAwcD.png

It’s a beautiful place for them to settle down.
    EAweq.png

A little boxy, a little plain, but I love it.
    EAweT.png

I have to admit, I did not go crazy decorating this time. The basement and top floor are completely empty for now. I hope you can forgive me for not taking a pic of the empty basement!
    EAwfV.png

First floor, it’s very open.
    EAwhE.png
    EAwhV.png
    EAwie.png

Master bedroom
    EAwiz.png

Master closet – look into the mirror to see all of it!
    EAwj9.png

Master bath
    EAwjF.png
    EAwka.png

I sparsely decorated one of the other rooms.
    EAwkB.png

And it’s cute little bathroom.
    EAwl9.png

Somehow I missed taking pics of all the other bathrooms, and the study. Oh well!

So Lawrence had been keeping this place a secret from Kelsey. He couldn’t any longer though. He asked her to meet him there and while he waited, he made himself at home. Funny…I could not go into the house with him!
    EAwnO.png
    EAwo7.png
    EAwos.png

As morning arrived, so did Kelsey.
    EAwpa.png
    EAwpy.png
    EAwpN.png
    EAwq0.png
    EAwqo.png

They celebrated by going to breakfast. Don’t judge their choices!
    EAwqT.png
    EAwr5.png
    EAwrk.png
    EAws2.png
    EAwrN.png
    @OJenn there's a story mode for CAS? That's kinda cool, even though the results are a bit of a disaster :# I do love his/her makeover though.

@Kiwicantdie I dont even know what to focus on! But we both named our first-borns Emilia, so that's pretty cool. I'm disappointed you ended up with a blonde Selene....as if we dont get enough of that already *eye roll* And Ridge? What the plum, dude!? You're going to have such a full household though :# good luck with that!

@debjameswhite I love Kelsey and Lawrence SO much! They're going to have the cutest kids! I can just feel it! And I like their new house - having an open layout makes taking photos so much easier, doesnt it?

I've been using the Slice of Life mod and while it does make everything more interesting, my sims are sick ALL. THE. TIME. and I can't work out if it's supposed to be like that or if something weird is happening. Any ideas?
    @debjameswhite - :wink: I lived on the upper east coast for a while before coming here (I don't like the one season here)

Kelsey is very committed to her studies it seems, even with a very cute Lawrence in front of her. Greysen is the best parental figure hands down, I love how he dotes on the kiddos ♥

The house is so nice! And what a great view! I love how open the first floor is and the red, black and white color scheme is very classy. Also I am pretty jealous of that big closet, it's nice and roomy! Kelsey and Lawrence are meant to be so I am glad she said yes to his proposal.

@JBAG521 - I'd recommend removing the mod and going in to see how things are. But I think it might be because Slice of Life :(
    edited November 2019
    So I decided to give the CAS story way of making sims another go, but this time with a significant other to my female founder.
    fd26302472.png

Once again I ended up with the EA special for a sim :lol:
    8bac45b0dd.png

I tried to cook up something better, albeit plain but I didn't want anyone to compete with my vibrant lady founder.
    ecebcc0a65.png

Welcome to the Singh-Rose house!
    d6846d05ab.gif

It's a quaint little house that needs a lot of love.
    df684fa743.jpg

fe8d26b5f6.jpg

8df484fb1a.jpg

095bed94b2.png

9e9b413094.png

46218e1428.png

And despite their initial impression, I think La'ei and Kaden are up to the challenge!
    ec98ec6a01.jpg
    Post edited by OJenn on
    @OJenn I love him and I love this. So happy to see you posting again! Welcome back!!
    Just a tiny fun update from when I played last night :)

I tried a little experiment. On their first day, for most of it I forced no interactions. It was Night on the Town day though so eventually they had to meet. When Kelsey first arrived, she went right for her violin.
    EBfEm.png

Lawrence, who was exhausted from the stress of proposing, passed out immediately. So after practicing, Kelsey made herself a meatball and then went to bed.
    EBfFh.png

In the morning, Lawrence woke up and made himself French toast. He talks to himself while he cooks. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.
    EBfG5.png

Afterwards, he went outside and built a snow pal. Kelsey was still asleep. Yes those are her aunt and uncle who don’t even live on the island but just happen to be jogging by…
    EBfH5.png

Afterwards, Lawrence enjoyed a book. He has a writing aspiration.
    EBfIE.png

Kelsey finally woke up. She’s so happy.
    EBfJ6.png

Did she go looking for Lawrence? No. Her violin. She sometimes goes cross eyed while she plays.
    EBfKh.png

Lawrence was playing video games anyways.
    EBfKE.png

Later, probably inspired by Kelsey, Lawrence also decided to play.
    EBfLi.png

Kelsey made lunch just for herself.
    EBfLQ.png

That’s enough, time for a date.
    EBfMo.png

It received a gold rating, but when they got home they chose separate beds! :D
    EBfN7.png
    EBfNk.png
    @debjameswhite - Thanks, glad to be back posting again! It can be a little fun to let the sims take the reigns every once in a while. Kelsey and Lawrence seemed happy enough but what's with the separate beds lol.
    Oh man I love coming back to the forum to a looot of notifications and updates! It's already Christmas! :joy: yay :joy:
    please keep on spoiling me with more

@OJenn I live in northern Italy (near Venice) and the winter we experience here is like the worst thing that could ever happen to you. It gets inside your bones. I'm not looking towards the months to come :tired_face: it's so nice to see you back here in the forum despite super busy new mom life! Aww, even Kaden looks super good. Kudos for the raining gif you put there, I love it! <3 it's great to see you come back to Willow Creek!

@debjameswhite yaaaaaaaaasss turn them into young adults right now :joy: I loved watching the two families spending time together at Winterfest; the frozen windows in game always give such a cozy atmosphere! <3 I love the new house! Man, that island is so nice to look at, it makes for awesome pictures. You did so well with the interior decor, I love it! I hope to see a wedding soon :smirk: Kelsey and Lawrence are so cute together <3

@JBAG521 I had Slice of Life too but I've taken it out in the past month. I miss the moodlets, but I also like the game as it is. It was giving me tons of LE errors, so... I hope they've fixed it. Emilia's not the next gen heir by any chance, but I love that our little sims share the name <3 (really, don't know why I'm going to italian names for these gens xD)

KEBB11a.png

I couldn’t resist the urge of having one more free day. This time, Lawrence served a meal.
    EC1qC.png

He even called Kelsey to join him!
    EC1r0.png

They didn’t speak. He just kept gazing at her.
    EC1rv.png

Of course afterwards, she played the violin.
    EC1rW.png

He went for the guitar.
    EC1si.png

He did do some flirting!
    EC1sZ.png

It was new year’s though, so eventually I had to get involved. Their sisters came for a visit.
    EC1uk.png

Before the big party got started, Lawrence went out to make a snow pal.
    EC1uU.png

Then of course some violin.
    EC1vs.png

They were excited and nervous about their first party.
    EC1w3.png
    EC1wz.png

Their caterer turned out to be a vampire that Grandpa Caleb wasn’t pleased with!
    EC1x7.png

Overall though, it was a good party!
    EC1yq.png
    Also for people who remember Greysen as my founder...I found this picture of him with his guardian!
    EC1B5.PNG
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    Hi sweeties! I feel like I am repeating myself by now, but I'm real sorry for disappearing again. Still lots of things going on here, I'm just too busy to sit down for The Sims :'( I did end up cleaning the CC from my game ever since I last posted. I hope to be able to play again soon.

Thank you all for still tagging me. I greatly appreciate it and I miss you all <3

@OJenn I saw you had a baby girl! Congratulations! I hope mom life treats you well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top