Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STAIRS, STAIRS, STAIRS!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Quel05Quel05 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes I hate having to make my houses bigger or rearranging everything because the stairs don't fit. If we had different options of stairs, it would make building so much easier!
  • Options
    KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    The sims has released some very cool packs but... four years of simmers constant asking and still no stairs :o
  • Options
    cadorno12cadorno12 Posts: 61 Member
    I'd rather have the teleport from the sims 3 into the future. It only took up 2 tile spaces, and they were see through.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    There was a vote on various stair type on Grants page a month or two ago on twitter you know. So they have already been thinking about it. He also explained a bit of how involved it is to add stair and said they couldn't make them all but have plans for the most popular ones. I believe the circular stair got the most votes if I recall correctly.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AngelLuv57AngelLuv57 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, please! also make elevators functional and available everywhere. We're waaaaaaay beyond overdue for different stairs.
    I am dying for these types of stairs to be available to build...Diagonal stairs, spiral stairs and L and U shaped stairs!! Please and thank you. :)
  • Options
    KattarellaKattarella Posts: 4 New Member
    > @pixiejuice said:
    > Yes, please!
    >
    > And while they're at it, also make elevators functional and available everywhere.

I came here to also suggest spiral staircases, and other types, (although I love the ones that are there. Just wish there were more), but I've been looking at home decor and stairs on Pinterest and in home elevators are now called "stair lifts" apparently. :smile: So that was going to be my other suggestion on stairs - or going up/down. So it is a new thing! I hope they put it in Sims 5, especially for when the Sim ages up to old, and being able to carry the baby down. I couldn't figure out how to take mine downstairs. lol! I haven't played Sims since they used to dig up rocks and pull up weeds in the yard to get simoleans and furniture. (I'm old lol)

-Kat
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Loftyy wrote: »
    I miss the spiral stairs!

sounded like they were only going to do one. I want the spiral the most, I really want a trapdoor for outdoor basement stars to.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I understand that stairs might be harder now that walls come in three different heights, but it should still be doable. My idea is to create a platform landing, similar to the foundation, that can be placed inside on a foundation and next to, but not part of, a wall. I should be dragable to any shape and size and should accept wall color/paper and any flooring. It should also accept rails. It should be half as tall as the short wall. Then, you place the landing, add a stair up to the top of the landing (which will always stay the same height) and add the second half from the landing up to the second floor. The second half will differ in length depending on the wall height.
  • Options
    AliNHAliNH Posts: 5 New Member
    I really want more diversity in the styles of stairs. Maybe some nice stone stairs that actually look like rough stone. I like the stone stairs in Jungle Adventure but I want more!!