Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• Options
    cutterfamilycutterfamily Posts: 2 New Member
    @Neia can you make a tutorial on how to create career mods with python and XML tuning?
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Thria
    It should be fixed now, so if you export again, you'll have in your zip. You can also find it on http://www.simneia.fr/help.html

@luthienrising
    When a patch hits, I'll check if the career files need an update and put a note on the home page. If it needs updating, you just need to export again to get an updated version of the career. Careers that haven't been exported since the patch have an "outdated" mention in the My careers page to keep track of the ones you still need to re-export.

I haven't really checked outfits and rewards so far. It's on my list though.

@cutterfamily
    There's a little guide on http://www.simneia.fr/help.html
    If you'd like something more in-depth, Simmiller has posted a turorial here : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=611227
  • Options
    moorecheeseplzmoorecheeseplz Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone have a clue how to turn the "package" folder into a .package file on Mac? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    mustangs6551mustangs6551 Posts: 9 New Member
    I've got a career built, but I'm having trouble in testing. The name of the career, and the names of the career track are not appearing. The icons are appearing, so I think the package file is exporting ok, but I don't understand this process well enough to know what's wrong. Anyone got any ideas?
  • Options
    > @mustangs6551 said:
    > I've got a career built, but I'm having trouble in testing. The name of the career, and the names of the career track are not appearing. The icons are appearing, so I think the package file is exporting ok, but I don't understand this process well enough to know what's wrong. Anyone got any ideas?

Further info, I can't seem to locate the "works at" info in the web based editor, I wonder if that missing it causing issues. For example "Astronaut at SpaceY"
  • Options
    ThriaThria Posts: 11 New Member
    @mustangs6551

Ok, I try to explain it. I had the same problem.
    In my text were quotes (") and numbers. As a result, the career the tracks after that were no longer displayed. I hope you understand that? :-D
  • Options
    > @Thria said:
    > @mustangs6551
    >
    > Ok, I try to explain it. I had the same problem.
    > In my text were quotes (") and numbers. As a result, the career the tracks after that were no longer displayed. I hope you understand that? :-D

Thanks for the response Thria! I do have numbers, I'll just need to be more creative. I will go back and remove them. I'm going to remove the special characters I have as well (I used a dash"-")
  • Options
    @mustangs6551
    You're welcome & Thank you.
    The text may not contain any symbols or numbers. I hope it helps you and solves your problem.
  • Options
    Still not working :(
  • Options
    @mustangs6551 Do you have special characters in the "🐸🐸🐸🐸" or the "Levels"? That would be another possibility.
  • Options
    > @Thria said:
    > @mustangs6551 Do you have special characters in the "plum" or the "Levels"? That would be another possibility.

not plum... title sry!
  • Options
    > @Thria said:
    > > @Thria said:
    > > @mustangs6551 Do you have special characters in the "plum" or the "Levels"? That would be another possibility.
    >
    > not plum... title sry!

Nope, I just checked.
  • Options
    I even removed the possesive ' out of some titiles
  • Options
    @mustangs6551
    All the texts that show up in game are in the Text panel, just under the Tracks one. You click on the language you want and you'll get the page with all the texts.
  • Options
    @Thria I am a total dork. I missed the texts file!
  • Options
    Wohoo! It's working. Dang, sorry I missed that step guys.
  • Options
    onica432onica432 Posts: 8 New Member
    Im having trouble using this, ive never used python and dont really understand it, can someone or has someone made a visual guide for Creating the .ts4script?
  • Options
    @onica432
    modthesims.info/t/611227 here is a really good tutorial for the tool. With pictures!
  • Options
    Marieldan787Marieldan787 Posts: 1 New Member
    Doesnt work in any way, shape, or form. Guess I'll just die since i can't ever do something fun.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Is there a way to add a daily task?
  • Options
    chelseakay_xochelseakay_xo Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you register?
  • Options
    David-StephensDavid-Stephens Posts: 82 Member
    I am having the same problem as @mustangs6551, but I HAVE edited my texts section. Solutions??
  • Options
    I am having the same problem as @mustangs6551, but I HAVE edited my texts section. Solutions??

What's your user name and your career name ?
  • Options
    David-StephensDavid-Stephens Posts: 82 Member
    > @Neia said:
    > David-Stephens wrote: »
    >
    > I am having the same problem as @mustangs6551, but I HAVE edited my texts section. Solutions??
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What's your user name and your career name?

User: YourLocalStarbucksAddict
    Career: Medicine

(:
  • Options
    Hi!
    What was the mistake at @David-Stephens Career?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top