Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    > @SimsandThings said:
    > Hiya, I'm looking at creating a custom career with the Create-A-Career tool.
    > How would I go about setting the titles/ descriptions of each of the job levels to include gender specific titles as well as hes for men and shes for women? Additionally, would I be put in the sim's specific name into the descriptions (like the base game descriptions).
    > Thanks in advance for the help
    > -Jamjars

{0.SimFirstName}, {M0.he}{F0.she} should probably work, about using specific titles idk.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited April 2018
    @StarByDay
    I've added the Vampires skills. I don't have the Vampires GP so I can't test it though. :)

@AthenaApollos
    I'll take a look, I need to reproduce it. The service error you mentionned on MTS is normal.
  • Options
    anarthanarth Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey, I've noticed recently that the files come up as 'broken' in things like the mod conflict detector and I've had reports that it's broken for some people in game (Even though in testing it worked fine) prntscr[dot]com/jaqzey

Any idea of what's the problem? I compiled everything as per the instructions.
  • Options
    StarByDayStarByDay Posts: 41 Member
    @Neia
    Thanks a lot! :)
  • Options
    MidnitemagicMidnitemagic Posts: 16 Member
    @Neia how do you run python with -0?
  • Options
    @Neia how do you run python with -0?

You have to open a cmd box and type C:\python33\python.exe -O
  • Options
    I tried to import it and I'm getting an error that says no module named services
    i know NOTHING about coding... help please!
  • Options
    I tried to import it and I'm getting an error that says no module named services

You can ignore it
  • Options

well you're not alone with that, but i suggest reading the last pages of the thread thoroughly, most of the minor problems/confusing messages you can run in to have been already adressed somewhere as far as i can see :)

Midnitetech also made a tutorial on her tumblr https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/post/173277268322/ℹ-neias-create-a-career-tutorial-by-midnitetechℹ
  • Options
    @Marduc_Plays I followed everything it said, but it won't work in my game?
  • Options
    i got the files and ive tried all sorts of ways to put it in my mods folder and it wont work :( idk what to do
  • Options
    xixeoxixeo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I want test
  • Options
    blucry59blucry59 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Neia,

If you are still looking for testers for your career tool, I would love to test it out. Thanks ;)
  • Options
    Kramer1984Kramer1984 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've created a career and have attempted to export it a few times. The timer just spins and nothing happens. I have checked every area and made sure everything is in order. Is there something that would prevent the file from being exported?
  • Options
    Kramer1984 wrote: »
    I've created a career and have attempted to export it a few times. The timer just spins and nothing happens. I have checked every area and made sure everything is in order. Is there something that would prevent the file from being exported?

The export can take some time. If it's still spinning, it hasn't generated all the resources yet.
  • Options
    @Neia Is there a way to fix that weird glitch where careers.promote only works with the Career ID instead of the (in my case very short) career name? Does exporting again help?
  • Options
    KPC0528KPC0528 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey, question! I've created my second career, and PTO over the phone has been completely functional. I just turned on my game, and all of a sudden it's gone? Anyone know why? There hasn't been a patch update, and nothing has been changed at all. I'm super confused.
  • Options
    @Neia I went to test my career in my game and it is naming it the name of the first level instead of the name i provided, what can I do to fix this?
  • Options
    SimerestherSimeresther Posts: 1 New Member
    How come when I try to export my mod it says" 504 Gateway Time-out The server didn't respond in time. "
    Its been happening every time I've tried to export for the last two days.
  • Options
    KPC0528 wrote: »
    Hey, question! I've created my second career, and PTO over the phone has been completely functional. I just turned on my game, and all of a sudden it's gone? Anyone know why? There hasn't been a patch update, and nothing has been changed at all. I'm super confused.

I just assume the sim you're testing it on already at least has worked a day. Your Sim's got the next day off anyway? That's when it won't show up also, as it seems.
  • Options
    @Neia Is there a way to fix that weird glitch where careers.promote only works with the Career ID instead of the (in my case very short) career name? Does exporting again help?

No, exporting again most likely won't help. I'll take a look.
    KPC0528 wrote: »

PTO isn't avaiblable on your first day at work. It may be why ?
    @Neia I went to test my career in my game and it is naming it the name of the first level instead of the name i provided, what can I do to fix this?

Make sure you have entered the text in the appropriate fields on the Edit text page. The names that show up in game are from this page. If you give me the username you have chosen on the tool or the ID of your career, I can take a look.
  • Options
    > @Marduc_Plays said:
    > KPC0528 wrote: »
    >
    > Hey, question! I've created my second career, and PTO over the phone has been completely functional. I just turned on my game, and all of a sudden it's gone? Anyone know why? There hasn't been a patch update, and nothing has been changed at all. I'm super confused.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I just assume the sim you're testing it on already at least has worked a day. Your Sim's got the next day off anyway? That's when it won't show up also, as it seems.
    No, he actually had work in a few hours but I wanted him to take off. He had 4 vacation days but PTO has just disappeared. I've been trying it for several Sim days. The last time I played, though, it was still there....
  • Options
    > @Neia said:
    > Marduc_Plays wrote: »
    >
    > @Neia Is there a way to fix that weird glitch where careers.promote only works with the Career ID instead of the (in my case very short) career name? Does exporting again help?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No, exporting again most likely won't help. I'll take a look.
    > KPC0528 wrote: »
    >
    > Hey, question! I've created my second career, and PTO over the phone has been completely functional. I just turned on my game, and all of a sudden it's gone? Anyone know why? There hasn't been a patch update, and nothing has been changed at all. I'm super confused.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > PTO isn't avaiblable on your first day at work. It may be why ?

No, he's on level 6 of the career and has 4 days PTO to take, but it's just disappeared on the phone randomly. He took a day off the last time I played, so it was working then, but now it's just gone.
  • Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    My PTO option has disappeared as well!
  • Options
    Oh no @midnitetech! Hopefully we can get this fixed, my sims need to take a vacation! BTW, I was looking at your site, and you have awesome careers!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top