Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• MaxSimmerMaxSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul Sul!
    I’m not sure if you’re still looking for people to test out this wonderful tool of yours, but if you are I would love to help as much as I can! Is there any chance I could use your tool to test it out myself?
    Thanks <3!
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    Just a quick FYI, there is now a tutorial for the Create-a-Career tool available at Mod the Sims. Unfortunately, I can't link there yet, but there's a link on my main page. Simmiller :smiley:
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    BTW allowing careers for teens is as easy as changing the resources in Sims4Studio and can be done in about 30 seconds. I have all of my adult careers working for teens now.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »
    BTW allowing careers for teens is as easy as changing the resources in Sims4Studio and can be done in about 30 seconds. I have all of my adult careers working for teens now.

Maybe you could give more info on that? Thx in advance.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    edited May 2018

Maybe you could give more info on that? Thx in advance.

I opened up any career in sims4studio then go to the tab and find

>Career Tuning line 11
    <E>TEEN</E>

>Interaction Tuning Line 115
    <E>TEEN</E>

The easiest way to do this is to click 'ctrl+f and search for YOUNGADULT' and you paste the
    <E>TEEN</E>
    above young adult and it converts to allow the careers for teens. Very simple and easy.

Here is a visual representation of the steps:
    fYKbQTJ.jpg
    Lp4B0OT.jpg
    WLqxrLC.jpg
    YYFrqYD.jpg

hit save when done editing
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

I opened up any career in sims4studio then go to the tab and find

>Career Tuning line 11
    <E>TEEN</E>

>Interaction Tuning Line 115
    <E>TEEN</E>

The easiest way to do this is to click 'ctrl+f and search for YOUNGADULT' and you paste the
    <E>TEEN</E>
    above young adult and it converts to allow the careers for teens. Very simple and easy.

Thanks again, you're awesome! ;)
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    KPC0528 wrote: »
    Oh no @midnitetech! Hopefully we can get this fixed, my sims need to take a vacation! BTW, I was looking at your site, and you have awesome careers!

I hope so too!! Aww thank you so much, I love your careers too, they're great!! I love the more realistic style :)
  • Simtan16Simtan16 Posts: 8 New Member
    Does anyone know if there is a way to have adults work two jobs at once? I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out if there is a XML or Data file I could edit to make this possible, so I don't lose my current job when adding a new one, but have had no luck. Anyone have a clue?
  • Simtan16Simtan16 Posts: 8 New Member
    Actually, I figured something out already, so pay no mind to my question above. On another note, @Neia I've been noticing that the tool times out quite frequently after only a couple of minutes of inactivity, or if I'm typing in text descriptions without switching tabs. I've had to redo things on several occasions due to these timeouts and it's been a bit inconvenient. Do you think you could check to see if there's something wrong? I just wanted to inform you of this and was curious is anyone else has been having this issue too?
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Hello @Neia ! I have an issue when exporting my careers. It takes a few minutes to load and then a meesage appears on my screen saying "504 Gateway Time-out"
    I tried to do it over and over but it still doesn't work.
    I wondered if it was a problem with my computer or if some other people using the tool were having the same issue?
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • ConnyB1987ConnyB1987 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello Neia :smile: I was searching for some careers and found your web-tool. It is really great because I don't have much experience with anything modding oriented. Would it be possible to ad a daily task? Like "Play videogames" or something like that. I love this tasks on the EA-Careers.
  • cat-hero98cat-hero98 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I'm having a little bit of an issue and was wondering if anyone can help. I already have one career mod I made installed on my game and it's been working pretty smoothly, I tried to add another one but whenever I try to get my sims to find a job on the phone or computer, they reset themselves. I'm worried that this has something to do with the images and icons, because I didn't put any in my first career. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone that know's how to fix this issue could help. Thanks!
    cat-hero98 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm having a little bit of an issue and was wondering if anyone can help. I already have one career mod I made installed on my game and it's been working pretty smoothly, I tried to add another one but whenever I try to get my sims to find a job on the phone or computer, they reset themselves. I'm worried that this has something to do with the images and icons, because I didn't put any in my first career. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone that know's how to fix this issue could help. Thanks!

As far as i experienced, the game has defaults for missing carrer icons/pictures, can't remember quite what the icon default was but for the picture(s) you'll get a lama, had no issues whatsoever while testing. If you need Icons, there are icon packs on Mod the Sims and some other pages, extracted from the packs. Dont forget to give credit. ;D
    > @Marduc_Plays said:
    > cat-hero98 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! I'm having a little bit of an issue and was wondering if anyone can help. I already have one career mod I made installed on my game and it's been working pretty smoothly, I tried to add another one but whenever I try to get my sims to find a job on the phone or computer, they reset themselves. I'm worried that this has something to do with the images and icons, because I didn't put any in my first career. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone that know's how to fix this issue could help. Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As far as i experienced, the game has defaults for missing carrer icons/pictures, can't remember quite what the icon default was but for the picture(s) you'll get a lama, had no issues whatsoever while testing. If you need Icons, there are icon packs on Mod the Sims and some other pages, extracted from the packs. Dont forget to give credit. ;D

Thank you, but that's not really the issue. My 2nd career has icons and that's the one that's not working as when I have my sims find a job, they'll look for a few seconds and then the'll reset themselves. I know it's my 2nd career because I tried testing it alone and it still didn't work, I even tried exporting and creating the mod again. My 1st career is working, so the only difference I can see is that this one has icons, so I think maybe the game is having an issue with my pictures. Has this happened to anyone else?
    > @cat-hero98 said:
    > > @Marduc_Plays said:
    > > cat-hero98 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hi! I'm having a little bit of an issue and was wondering if anyone can help. I already have one career mod I made installed on my game and it's been working pretty smoothly, I tried to add another one but whenever I try to get my sims to find a job on the phone or computer, they reset themselves. I'm worried that this has something to do with the images and icons, because I didn't put any in my first career. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone that know's how to fix this issue could help. Thanks!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > As far as i experienced, the game has defaults for missing carrer icons/pictures, can't remember quite what the icon default was but for the picture(s) you'll get a lama, had no issues whatsoever while testing. If you need Icons, there are icon packs on Mod the Sims and some other pages, extracted from the packs. Dont forget to give credit. ;D
    >
    > Thank you, but that's not really the issue. My 2nd career has icons and that's the one that's not working as when I have my sims find a job, they'll look for a few seconds and then they'll reset themselves. I know it's my 2nd career because I tried testing it alone and it still didn't work, I even tried exporting and creating the mod again. My 1st career is working, so the only difference I can see is that this one has icons, so I think maybe the game is having an issue with my pictures. Has this happened to anyone else?

So I tried it without icons and it didn't work, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @cat-hero98
    Do you have a LastException file perhaps ?
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    Hi @Neia! Do you know if the PTO option not showing up on the phone is a game issue, or an issue with the tool itself? There are a couple of us experiencing the same issue, and I've ran through a few workdays, and checked all times to see if it shows up. Thank you in advance!! Sent you a little something to help with the server costs btw- your tool is amazing!!!
  • mychem97mychem97 Posts: 22 Member
    @Neia
    I've noticed that the pay for my career is off by a few dollars in game. If I set the pay to be $32, in game it's $34, or some small amount like that. Am I doing something to trigger this, or is this some kind of bug?
    > @Trimoth said:
    > Marduc_Plays wrote: »
    >
    > Trimoth wrote: »
    >
    > BTW allowing careers for teens is as easy as changing the resources in Sims4Studio and can be done in about 30 seconds. I have all of my adult careers working for teens now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe you could give more info on that? Thx in advance.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I opened up any career in sims4studio then go to the tab and find
    >
    > >Career Tuning line 11
    > TEEN
    >
    > >Interaction Tuning Line 115
    > TEEN
    >
    > The easiest way to do this is to click 'ctrl+f and search for YOUNGADULT' and you paste the
    > TEEN
    > above young adult and it converts to allow the careers for teens. Very simple and easy.
    >
    >
    > Here is a visual representation of the steps:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hit save when done editing

Would you mind if I add this to the tutorial on MTS?
  • KPC0528KPC0528 Posts: 9 New Member
    Is anyone else getting the 504 Timeout error while trying to export? I've been trying to export all day, but I keep getting this error. I've exported many times before, so it has worked for me in the past.
  • KPC0528KPC0528 Posts: 9 New Member
    Also Neia, any update on the PTO problem?
    KPC0528 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting the 504 Timeout error while trying to export? I've been trying to export all day, but I keep getting this error. I've exported many times before, so it has worked for me in the past.

Tested it right now - with a 50/50 % chance, but if i hit refresh after the error page shows, it instantly shows up the page with the DL link.
    > @Marduc_Plays said:
    > KPC0528 wrote: »
    >
    > Is anyone else getting the 504 Timeout error while trying to export? I've been trying to export all day, but I keep getting this error. I've exported many times before, so it has worked for me in the past.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Tested it right now - with a 50/50 % chance, but if i hit refresh after the error page shows, it instantly shows up the page with the DL link.

I'm trying to update some translated text and it simply won't finish for me, and I've refreshed several times. It's a bit career, though, so that might be the problem. I'm just going to keep trying for a bit.
  • mychem97mychem97 Posts: 22 Member
    mychem97 wrote: »
    @Neia
    I've noticed that the pay for my career is off by a few dollars in game. If I set the pay to be $32, in game it's $34, or some small amount like that. Am I doing something to trigger this, or is this some kind of bug?

Oh wow, my sim has the business savvy trait, pretty sure that's why I'm having higher values :neutral:
  • CharzardCharzard Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,

Thank you first of all for the amazing Create a career beta as I was able to make my first career "Brindleton Boarding Kennels!"
    I am in the middle of making another career but for some reason whenever I try to EXPORT the file this comes up:
    504 Gateway Time-out
    The server didn't respond in time.

I don't know if its a problem my end or something to do with the file / page.
    Please could you let me know.
    Thank you
    Simmer Charlie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top