Simmers! Did you miss the Behind the Sims Livestream on Twitch? You can still check it out here. You can also follow along in the dedicated thread here as well.
It's Patch day! The latest update is now live for The Sims 4 which includes a whole heap of bug fixes and console improvements. Click here to read the notes.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
edited April 2018 in Gameplay Mods
Hello all,

I've made a web-based tool to help modders in the creation of custom careers, it's available at http://www.simneia.fr

Here are the main features so far :
- Create rabbit hole careers
- Add tracks, upload icon and picture
- Add levels and customize the required mood, schedule, salary, objectives, performance and PTO
- Add translation of texts
- Export the ressources in a zip file, ready to be packaged or compiled
- Get updated versions when a new patch requires it

Some other tools are required to finish the mod :
- A packaging tool like S4PE to create the .package
- Python for the PTO interaction
Post edited by Neia on

Comments

• DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    Do I need to know anything about modding to volunteer? Because I'd be willing to try your program, but I have zero modding knowledge and experience (sadly Y^Y)
  • 6domino66domino6 Posts: 55 Member
    Hey if you want another volunteer I'd love to help out with this, I've been looking for a way to make a career mod myself.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @DarkFoxGirl13
    Modding, not necessarly, but general computer knowledge, yes. Basically you'd need to install S4PE, drag&drop the ressources in it and save the package, install Python 3.3, run a command line, and zip the whole thing.
  • itsmetroiitsmetroi Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm willing to test
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,558 Member
    Great idea Neia, I'm bookmarking this. Sadly won't be of much help otherwise, but I'm hoping many fun DIY-careers come out of it :D
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 790 Member
    Neia I'm lovin your education, military, and biology Careers !!! Are there more coming ? Do you take request?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Great idea Neia, I'm bookmarking this. Sadly won't be of much help otherwise, but I'm hoping many fun DIY-careers come out of it :D

Thanks ! That's what I hope too :)
    MINEZ wrote: »
    Neia I'm lovin your education, military, and biology Careers !!! Are there more coming ? Do you take request?

I have some other careers I'm working on, not sure which one I'll release next.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 416 Member
    I'd love to help out and test!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• MINEZMINEZ Posts: 790 Member
    Me tooo!! Im excited to see what's next
  • EnboEnbo Posts: 1 New Member
    Me too PLS Im looking so long for a Create a career tool (IM FROM GERMANY SRRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH)
  • kmramsey22kmramsey22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I'd be happy to help. I've been unsuccessfully trying to create my own careers for a while, so I would be really happy to help you get this off the ground!
  • speedyclintspeedyclint Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey. This would be great. Id like to help.
  • BroBastii1BroBastii1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to test your Create A Career. I have too many ideas :wink:
    Greetings, Basti
  • Arriannarere15Arriannarere15 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to test if you are still looking for volunteer help, I have a bit of computer knowledge and am willing to learn more!
  • EWarren19061EWarren19061 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to try it! Can I?
  • splintersdaughtersplintersdaughter Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Neia! I've been looking for this for so long! A really cool girl from The Black Simmer sent me the link to message you. Do you think I can be part of it? I wanted to create careers since forever! I understand a little of programming and I can translate it to Spanish, Portuguese and English. Thank you so much
  • Shy_shylah010Shy_shylah010 Posts: 2 New Member
    i would love to try out this website
  • edwardianededwardianed Posts: 49 Member
    There are not sufficient words in the English language to express how interested I am in this, I would love to be an alpha, beta, gamma and delta tester :smile:
  • Yourdorkbrains_101Yourdorkbrains_101 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I would love to test! I want to try and get into careers! :D
  • KarsusKarsus Posts: 1 New Member
    I am very interested as I've wanted to create careers of my own for some time. I already even tried to hijack some of your mods to see how I can tweak them to get the result I want, but I haven't been very succesful.
  • Johnnie21Johnnie21 Posts: 1 New Member
    OMG, please tell me this is still a thing? I would LOVE to try my hand and test the hell out of this - I've been admiring your work for so long :D!
  • DeviacDeviac Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi there! I'd love to give this a go! Is it still a thing?
  • SwiftPandaSwiftPanda Posts: 3 New Member
    If your still testing can you send it to me ill test it out for you. Thanks for reading this
  • Harrington5Harrington5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I wasn't sure if you're still looking for people to test your sight, but if you are, I would LOVE to try it. Either way, thanks for reading!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,439 Member
    @Neia, are you still developing this?
    wJbomAo.png