Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...are you going to buy the laundry pack?

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Probably... since I vowed to myself that I will get all the packs in the game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    So apparently laundry won.
    I'm gonna be skipping this pack.

How about you? :*

Well I like the build/buy objects that come with it, and I'm a completist, so probably yes.
  • Options
    I really like some of the items and clothes that won the previous vote but I have a passionate hate for laundry since Sims 3 so I don't really know. I doubt I'll buy it on release day but I'll probably give in at a later point because I'm a completionist and missing a pack will slowly drive me insane. xD

I believe that simgurugraham said something about how laundry in sims 4 wouldn't work like it did in sims 3, aka no laundry piling up and all that.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited June 2017

LAMO!! What up with that special effect when the machines are running? Is that for real? I found it very amusing, so laughed so hard. And how can our sims do the laundry when the dryer sets clothes on fire?
    But I do love to see those laser lights and the special effect in the game anyway.
    And doing laundry.... seems very realistic like we do everyday except for the special effect with music!
    So probably I'm not going to buy it. xD
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Definitely going to buy it, since I wanted laundry long before the build stuff pack event. But I was fortunate: I wanted all of the four choices, so I knew beforehand that I couldn't lose this round of voting.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member

They need to get with the times and offer those upright washers and dryers. I love those in real life.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I was team canning/nectar, and was pretty unimpressed by the description of the laundry gameplay description and to be honest felt pretty salty when it won. It sounds tedious and monotonous. Constantly having to deal with piles of clothes and emptying hampers, ugh! I already get annoyed about the stupid dishes being left everywhere and having to waste time either having my sims chase them down throughout the house or having to manually drag them to the garbage or the sink. So on that score I'll stick to installing CC non functioning machines in my homes. But, the BB catalog stuff was right up my alley. The clothes however were meh. So, I think for the first time ever I will wait until it's way on sale.
  • Options
    ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    I'm on the fence about it. Some of the CAS and build/buy items I'd quite like, but laundry is not something I want in my game. It's not a gameplay feature that holds any interest to me.

Perhaps I will eventually get it, but it won't be right away, if I even do.
  • Options
    oscarx2poscarx2p Posts: 27 Member
    I vote for Off the Grid but laundry was my second choice so I'll probably buy it. But i want to see CAS and BB times first.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    not at this time, eventually, But it's not what I want right now.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    at this stage probably not, it doesn't really interest me. I usually wait and watch other peoples reviews/playthroughs and then decide mind :smile:
  • Options
    oscarx2p wrote: »
    I vote for Off the Grid but laundry was my second choice so I'll probably buy it. But i want to see CAS and BB times first.

Didn't we already see those when we voted for them?
  • Options
    oscarx2poscarx2p Posts: 27 Member
    > @liliaeth said:
    > oscarx2p wrote: »
    >
    > I vote for Off the Grid but laundry was my second choice so I'll probably buy it. But i want to see CAS and BB times first.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Didn't we already see those when we voted for them?

Yep we did but I mean in game. Also, we haven't seen the gameplay objects, I want to see them too.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    TBH, I really don't know. I voted dangerous stuff and country for the first two votes and then canning for the third, but machines can't be both country and eco, so the items won't fit the two main themes voted on. I really will have to see what they put in and make a decision. I like some of the items and clothes, so I guess I will just wait and see what all they add. I hate to pay for laundry when it was part of a HUGE Ep in S3 and should've been a side item in some gamepack or EP. :/
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Nope I don't believe in spending money if a pack's main feature doesn't appeal to my game play. I also passed on bowling and fitness stuff packs for that reason. Laundry, doesn't interest me. Sims have too many chores to do now.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No way am I buying this! The game is already a sure cure for insomnia (not quite as high as reading a government technical manual, but working on it), no need to increase the dosage.
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2017
    Most likely not , unless the walkthrough looks very interesting, I don't feel like laundry will add anything particularly exciting to my gameplay. So far none of the stuff packs have seemed particularly value for money for me, especially as a heavy CC user. If we had perhaps got Dangerous or maybe an eco pack which incorporated actual ecological living themes such as use of renewable energy and subsistence then I would have been compelled to buy it. However I still think it's great that the Sims Team got the players involved... even though I think we might have got a more exciting stuff pack if laundry was included with parenthood ;)
    Post edited by anonmystery on
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Most likely not , unless the walkthrough looks very interesting, I don't feel like laundry will add anything particularly exciting to my gameplay. So far none of the stuff packs have seemed particularly value for money for me, especially as a heavy CC user. If we had perhaps got Dangerous or maybe an eco pack which incorporated actual ecological living themes such as use of renewable energy and subsistence then I wouldn't have been compelled to buy it. However I still think it's great that the Sims Team got the players involved... even though I think we might have got a more exciting stuff pack if laundry was included with parenthood ;)

Agreed.

• Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Voted for it and will be buying it!!

Although yes probably would have made more sense if it came with the Parenting pack...oh well
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2017
    Most likely not , unless the walkthrough looks very interesting, I don't feel like laundry will add anything particularly exciting to my gameplay. So far none of the stuff packs have seemed particularly value for money for me, especially as a heavy CC user. If we had perhaps got Dangerous or maybe an eco pack which incorporated actual ecological living themes such as use of renewable energy and subsistence then I would have been compelled to buy it. However I still think it's great that the Sims Team got the players involved... even though I think we might have got a more exciting stuff pack if laundry was included with parenthood ;)
    Parenthood wasn't a SP though. ;) I will more then likely buy it to have everything but I am not at all interested in the laundry part of the pack.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I plan to eventually buy it on sale as $10 for the one shirt I like and laundry which I will never do is too much. I'll pay $5 maybe. But not full price
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    Parenthood wasn't a SP though. ;) I will more then likely buy it to have everything but I am not at all interested in the laundry part of the pack.

I didn't say it was a stuff pack anywhere. But I should have clarified, laundry would have fit well for parenthood because it would have given the kids a chore to be influenced to do, and also a place where kids and toddlers could make a mess , (playing in, or messing up laundry). I personally think it's a little silly to have an entire stuff pack around it but that's just my opinion. If anything your joke adds to my point, because yeah parenthood isn't a stuff pack it's a game pack and so would have had scope for one more gameplay object ;)
  • Options
    9743V9743V Posts: 14 New Member
    There are so many of the other packs I need to buy first....I'll see what all you other lovely Simmers think when it's released and decide based on your recommendations!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's not what I would have voted for of the choices (I was on holiday and checked in long enough to skim them over but then didn't make it back to actually vote), but I'll buy it - it's still something I've wanted anyway and know I'll use enough to merit it. Plus I like a good bit of the build/buy a lot. I'll be interested to see how the laundry works - what it ends up with that isn't just like Sims 3.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2017
    Yes I will because sims not doing laundry at all either at home or at a mat in the game is just ridiculous. I mean they cook, they clean. They tend to their own gardens. They do all this stuff right now in the game. And yet they can't do laundry. What gives? Does anyone else find this a bit ridiculous besides me?