Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Friendly Laundry Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Stackable washer/dryer unit for small sim homes.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Stackable washer/dryer unit for small sim homes.

Yeah that's sounds nice.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    would be nice to have clothes line like this if sim homes have a balcony sims hang there clothes with out having to carry down clean clothes

atq9lt.jpg

314cm01.jpg

x6fvyt.jpg

Especially for the folks living in City Living.

agreed or sims living in appartment buildings :)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    in other word something like this even perfect for appartments or universaty students living alone or these

qownsk.jpg

other pic washer can be rolled to the sink or install permently

23ruwqe.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2017
    I just wanted to point out that wash tubs are not that eco friendly because they still use up clean water, even if you only use a natural detergent clothing dyes and materials are Highly damaging for the environment, the only way washing clothing can be eco friendly is if your sims are wearing one hundred percent organic materials and are using natural plant based dyes otherwise inevitably tiny fibers of plastic and toxins enter the water system.
    Sure you can pretend that your sims live in a hundred percent organic world if not for the fact some of the colors in and of themselves would be I won't say impossible with out synthetic dye but highly difficult.
    In our real world there is basically no fish left that don't have microscopic amounts of plastic in them because of our laundry washing since no matter how we try to get every thing out of our water before we dump it we can't get all of these fibers. It would only be worse from a wash bin that isn't cleaned up at all.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/20/microfibers-plastic-pollution-oceans-patagonia-synthetic-clothes-microbeads
    http://projectearth.us/the-plastic-fibers-in-your-clothes-are-piling-up-in-nat-1796423982
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/microplastics-fish-shellfish-1.3954947

And that is disregarding any chemical agents one is using to get their clothing clean.

There is nothing about laundry that is eco friendly don't kid yourselves.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    I just wanted to point out that wash tubs are not that eco friendly because they still use up clean water, even if you only use a natural detergent clothing dyes and materials are Highly damaging for the environment, the only way washing clothing can be eco friendly is if your sims are wearing one hundred percent organic materials and are using natural plant based dyes otherwise inevitably tiny fibers of plastic and toxins enter the water system.
    Sure you can pretend that your sims live in a hundred percent organic world if not for the fact some of the colors in and of themselves would be I won't say impossible with out synthetic dye but highly difficult.
    In our real world there is basically no fish left that don't have microscopic amounts of plastic in them because of our laundry washing since no matter how we try to get every thing out of our water before we dump it we can't get all of these fibers. It would only be worse from a wash bin that isn't cleaned up at all.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/20/microfibers-plastic-pollution-oceans-patagonia-synthetic-clothes-microbeads
    http://projectearth.us/the-plastic-fibers-in-your-clothes-are-piling-up-in-nat-1796423982

And that is disregarding any chemical agents one is using to get their clothing clean.

Actually there's the grey water system that we been talking about it doesn't actually go in the sewage or "waste water." Its pipes that are collected in buckets underground treated now tell me exactly where does the grey water touches the waste water if it has its own piping and is going into the backyards. The only thing that's probably connected to the sewage is the toilet since it is performed to obtain our waste.
  • Options
    ashaifeashaife Posts: 42 Member
    I LOVE that grey water systems were brought up. I feel like having one for The Sims would actually make laundry relative to the Eco Living pack. It would make me really happy to see this!
  • Options
    ashaife wrote: »
    I LOVE that grey water systems were brought up. I feel like having one for The Sims would actually make laundry relative to the Eco Living pack. It would make me really happy to see this!

Well you should thank @SageRainWillow their the ones who brought up the topic.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Well front load washers use almost 50% less water than top load washers, and they are energy efficient. So that should factor in as well. Also, the majority of dryers today are also more energy efficient, using less than older models.

It would be nice if we got top load washers and front load washers that are HE friendly. And also the stack able washer and dryer combo. And I like the European washer that goes under the counters as well!

European washer that goes under the counter do you have a pic? I would like to see it I've never seen something like that. That sounds awesome.

@Briana2425, here goes the best pic I can find. lol

kitchen_zpsbjybhfxq.jpg

Oh that looks awesome and it also save some space.

Am I the only one who loathes laundy machines in the kitchen? hahahahaha to me its one step away from bringing in the toilet too

lol I don't know many places here in the States that do it. I know my mom's old rental, she had an alcove in the kitchen with her washer and dryer. And she would close it away when not in use. But I just think about all that lint and dust from the dryer getting in all of your food!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    There are some great ideas in this thread. Gonna load up my Sims 3, do a load of laundry and see if there's anything worth carrying over or improved on.
  • Options
    Well front load washers use almost 50% less water than top load washers, and they are energy efficient. So that should factor in as well. Also, the majority of dryers today are also more energy efficient, using less than older models.

It would be nice if we got top load washers and front load washers that are HE friendly. And also the stack able washer and dryer combo. And I like the European washer that goes under the counters as well!

European washer that goes under the counter do you have a pic? I would like to see it I've never seen something like that. That sounds awesome.

@Briana2425, here goes the best pic I can find. lol

kitchen_zpsbjybhfxq.jpg

Oh that looks awesome and it also save some space.

Am I the only one who loathes laundy machines in the kitchen? hahahahaha to me its one step away from bringing in the toilet too

I prefer a separate room too, but I also like to build micro houses. With an extremely tiny floor plan, you have to get creative sometimes lol. But hey... micro houses ARE eco-friendly!

Yes, when I built my tiny house for my one sim in my Sims 3 game, this washer would have been great! But I managed to fit it inside her house.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Also, if you don't wash your clothes your clothing options become limited until eventually your sim will have a smelly buff from not washing their clothes!

The only problem I can see with this is for players who don't want laundry at all. Say some do buy the GP for the other objects and clothing, etc. They might not want any reminders that laundry is in game. lol So a buff stating that they are crusty and grimy with ruin things for them.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Speaking of diy detergents! Maybe we can finally use those darn flowers for something! Using the herbalism skill, we can use the flowers as an ingredient to add special buffs to the detergent!

I LOVE this idea!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    When the clothes are washed in a dirty washer we should get uncomfortable buffs saying "itchy clothes" or something. Oh! And lets not forget the lint! If we don't clean out the lint the possibility of a fire arises!

A new possible death!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Ok, let me give some "suggestions".

From the description on the survey, it seems we will need only one hamper on the house and clothes from all rooms will go there. I think in TS3 you had to have a hamper in every room, right? I actually like this new way better but I do hope that if we put a hamper in a room and sims change their clothes there, the clothes will go on that hamper by default. If there is none on the room, then it goes to any hamper on the lot, if there is none on the lot, then the clothes go on the floor.

Also, I do hope the gameplay objects will all have their own unique animations. Like open the washer/dryer to put the detergent and clothes inside and actually have the sims hanging the clothes on the clothesline, instead of being automatic. I can tolerate if removing the dry clothes from the clotheslines requires only a simple click and poof they disappear, but there has to be some actual animations tied to that object to make it worth it. So I hope they won't cut corners with this one. It would be nice if we could get ironing as well. Basically I need more chores for my neat sims!

A little animation for hanging and removing clothes from line would be nice. A few seconds each. There could be that timer like for homework that circles in the queue. So in those few seconds a few clothes go up or off the clothesline at a time.

I like those ideas! I may be in the minority here. But I would love little folding animations for clean clothes, then your sim putting them away in a dresser.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    edited June 2017

Actually there's the grey water system that we been talking about it doesn't actually go in the sewage or "waste water." Its pipes that are collected in buckets underground treated now tell me exactly where does the grey water touches the waste water if it has its own piping and is going into the backyards. The only thing that's probably connected to the sewage is the toilet since it is performed to obtain our waste.
    So with that grey water are you holding it forever? Because that usually still goes out back into the environment (which you say into the back yards) at some point in time which still carries all the things I was mentioning before. And if your holding it forever you are just taking usable water out of the world, which also isn't good. Remember it doesn't need to be dumped tiny bits of tire worn out on roads is also making its way into the oceans/lake and rivers because of rain water carrying it. All of our planet is connected as soon as that water hits the open world you have done damage to the planet.

I'm not saying Laundry is bad or anything but it isn't eco friendly and pretending so is just lying to your selves this pack is no longer based around an eco friendly theme it is a domestic life theme I think it is better if people accept that fact, also I'm not saying get rid of the cloths line or wash bin they have great story telling uses my point is that this is no longer eco friendly.
    You can do things to reduce your impact but it will never be eco friendly.

Edi: also in my country we actually have some of the best sewage treatment it would be better if the water went through the sewage because then at least some of the pollutants are taken out. I know this isn't the same every where by why doesn't it not hitting sewage make it better? Grey water where I live is often collected in rain barrels or after washing in sinks or showers some of it (rain barrels) are used in yards but like the shower stuff often goes to the toilets because there is chemicals from soaps and washing things like shampoo in it so it does need treatmeant, but it is safe to use as a toilet before it goes.
  • Options
    I would suggest for the new clothing in the pack make them look like they are made with natural dyes and materials, keep the by hand washing things and the cloths line because they save energy and give us the option to use organic biodegradable detergents that would let me actually pretend what I'm doing is eco friendly.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

So with that grey water are you holding it forever? Because that usually still goes out back into the environment (which you say into the back yards) at some point in time which still carries all the things I was mentioning before. And if your holding it forever you are just taking usable water out of the world, which also isn't good. Remember it doesn't need to be dumped tiny bits of tire worn out on roads is also making its way into the oceans/lake and rivers because of rain water carrying it. All of our planet is connected as soon as that water hits the open world you have done damage to the planet.

I'm not saying Laundry is bad or anything but it isn't eco friendly and pretending so is just lying to your selves this pack is no longer based around an eco friendly theme it is a domestic life theme I think it is better if people accept that fact, also I'm not saying get rid of the cloths line or wash bin they have great story telling uses my point is that this is no longer eco friendly.

Edi: also in my country we actually have some of the best sewage treatment it would be better if the water went through the sewage because then at least some of the pollutants are taken out. I know this isn't the same every where by why doesn't it not hitting sewage make it better? Grey water where I live is often collected in rain barrels or after washing in sinks or showers some of it (rain barrels) are used in yards but like the shower stuff often goes to the toilets because there is chemicals from soaps and washing things like shampoo in it so it does need treatmeant, but it is safe to use as a toilet before it goes.

Its watering the plants and vegetation now I really don't how a backyard can be connected to the streets and roadway line if the water is underground in our back yards but ok.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    This is kinda of the topic but I feel like body hair would go well with the furnitures of this pack. I miss my hairy Sims.
    I hope that at least we get long hairstyles with this pack because the cas looks great!
  • Options
    @Briana2425 what are your toughs on the 2 screen shots i posted?

• Options
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    This is kinda of the topic but I feel like body hair would go well with the furnitures of this pack. I miss my hairy Sims.
    I hope that at least we get long hairstyles with this pack because the cas looks great!

I think they would
  • Options
    @Briana2425 what are your toughs on the 2 screen shots i posted?

I like the pic especially the top for the ones living in city living and the apartments.
  • Options
    @Briana2425 i tough you would they are also perfect for single sims or young married couple before they raise a family

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

You know what's not Eco-friendly? Breathing. Think of all that carbon! But seriously, if you want to drill down, EVERYTHING has an impact on the environment. Being Eco-friendly means you are conscious of it and you try to make changes that are at least a step in the right direction.

I live on a septic system. The drainfield in my backyard acts as a filtration system. By the time the water reaches the aquifer below, it's been filtered naturally. I do my best to use all natural products and get my well water tested annually.

My well water is essentially comprised of the aquifer, rain water, and my gray water. I have city water in my house, but all the spigots outside are well, which is what I use to water my crops. I have fig trees, tangerines, amaranth for making flour and grain dishes, and other fruits and veggies based on the season.

My washer, dishwasher, shower and sinks all go into my septic, which in turn, goes to the drainfield. Where I live, there is no option for city sewer.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options

You know what's not Eco-friendly? Breathing. Think of all that carbon! But seriously, if you want to drill down, EVERYTHING has an impact on the environment. Being Eco-friendly means you are conscious of it and you try to make changes that are at least a step in the right direction.

I live on a septic system. The drainfield in my backyard acts as a filtration system. By the time the water reaches the aquifer below, it's been filtered naturally. I do my best to use all natural products and get my well water tested annually.

My well water is essentially comprised of the aquifer, rain water, and my gray water. I have city water in my house, but all the spigots outside are well, which is what I use to water my crops. I have fig trees, tangerines, amaranth for making flour and grain dishes, and other fruits and veggies based on the season.

My washer, dishwasher, shower and sinks all go into my septic, which in turn, goes to the drainfield. Where I live, there is no option for city sewer.

Thank you you described and explained it better than I ever could have. I just learned about gray water.