Cinderellimouse wrote: »
In the UK washing machines have energy ratings to show you how economical they are. I'm the proud owner of an A++ machine (*looks smug*). I know it feels like a machine would be less eco-friendly than something like hand-washing but, depending on the machine, some can actually be better. For example, some machines use very little water compared to how much you'd need to use to clean and double rinse hand-washed clothes. And because some machines are so effective at getting stains out, you don't need to use harsh chemicals that damage the environment. The machine obviously uses a lot of energy, but that energy could come from clean sources like wind or solar power.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/7221168/Eco-friendly-washing-machine-that-uses-almost-no-water.html
Granted, perhaps laundry doesn't naturally spring to mind when you think of 'eco-friendly'. But my logic is you need to have the rough with the smooth. You need to have the things that are not eco-friendly so that Sims have something to complain about!
If it were up to me, I'd have:
* An eco-friendly trait (preferably patched in so that future content can be easily made compatible with it)
* Retro versions of the washer and dryer: these are NOT energy efficient so they increase bills and they also break down often.
* Modern A+++ machines that are very energy efficient and eco-friendly Sims can feel smug while using them.
* Upgrades to the machines to make them more or less eco-friendly: 'Economy wash', 'Cool wash', 'Extra spin', etc.
* The wash basin which will eco-friendly Sims will like, but will take more time and Sim-energy.
* The washing line for drying which will eco-friendly Sims will like, but will take more time and Sim-energy.
* Perhaps there could be a choice of cleaning product? Sims could use 'Strong Detergent', 'Environmentally Friendly Powder' or 'Polymer Beads'. Eco-friendly Sims would hate the strong detergent but maybe it gives a positive buff to other Sims such as 'Super Clean'.
I would really like the other features from the other themes as well, because they match so well. So I hope Graham also gets to do Off the Grid as I'd love to power the machines with solar panels and wind turbines to make them more environmentally friendly.