Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Friendly Laundry Suggestions?

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Maybe if there were no washers and dryers.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I mentioned grey water treatment way back in this thread I posted: Ecological Living, a pic thread for inspiration

Reducing BILLS, water, and power:

yunArDa.jpg

Of course, it doesn't rain in Sims 4 yet, but I'd still like water tanks - even if they're just deco at this stage.

If they can be functional (maybe we'll get season before this stuff pack? :)B) ) I would like some upgrade options to water tanks:

1. Connect to washing machine: this would mean that the washing machine uses rain water instead of water pumped from town.
    2. Install filter system: this would mean that washing machine grey water is collected, filtered and can be used in WATER SPRINKLERS in the harvest garden.

...snip

GuruGraham did read it, cause he replied to that thread. So using grey water is something he may have considered. I have family in real life who don't use town water, and rely completely on rain water tanks to do both their drinking and their laundry. They have a septic toilet that filters out onto their citrus trees. They have a massive orchard, and a vege garden, and have never run out of water, even though where they live in Australia doesn't get much rain.

Eventually, I would love to have a rain water tank that collects water, with objects we can tie to all water facilities - toilets, laundry, showering etc as well as connecting it to sprinkler systems.

One thing I would love to see included in this laundry stuff pack, is the Save the Trees LOGO from City Life be added to detergent bottles and boxes. Hopefully we'll get to see the sims put detergent in the machines and sinks, so it would be fun to tie this gameplay feature together.
    jnm6vsJ.jpg

That would be cool to when seasons come and the logo suggestion @SimGuruGraham the logo idea with saving the trees and putting them on the detergent or boxes it's a suggestion and also a lavender and lemon fragrance logo for the detergents.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Well front load washers use almost 50% less water than top load washers, and they are energy efficient. So that should factor in as well. Also, the majority of dryers today are also more energy efficient, using less than older models.

It would be nice if we got top load washers and front load washers that are HE friendly. And also the stack able washer and dryer combo. And I like the European washer that goes under the counters as well!

European washer that goes under the counter do you have a pic? I would like to see it I've never seen something like that. That sounds awesome.

@Briana2425, here goes the best pic I can find. lol

kitchen_zpsbjybhfxq.jpg
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    @Briana2425 - also a lavender and lemon fragrance logo for the detergents. Maybe the bottles could come in different colours. Like, this one's green for Pine Fresh, but we could get a yellow one for lemon, and a light purply colour - heehee, lavender for lavender. Maybe, we could also get a bottle with different colour options as a deco clutter object we can stick on the new shelves we are getting with this pack.

And then, depending on which fragrance we use, will give us different moodlets where our sims wear their newly laundered clothes. Like Citrus could make them feel energized.
    @Briana2425 - also a lavender and lemon fragrance logo for the detergents. Maybe the bottles could come in different colours. Like, this one's green for Pine Fresh, but we could get a yellow one for lemon, and a light purply colour - heehee, lavender for lavender. Maybe, we could also get a bottle with different colour options as a deco clutter object we can stick on the new shelves we are getting with this pack.

And then, depending on which fragrance we use, will give us different moodlets where our sims wear their newly laundered clothes. Like Citrus could make them feel energized.

Exactly.
    Well front load washers use almost 50% less water than top load washers, and they are energy efficient. So that should factor in as well. Also, the majority of dryers today are also more energy efficient, using less than older models.

It would be nice if we got top load washers and front load washers that are HE friendly. And also the stack able washer and dryer combo. And I like the European washer that goes under the counters as well!

European washer that goes under the counter do you have a pic? I would like to see it I've never seen something like that. That sounds awesome.

kitchen_zpsbjybhfxq.jpg

Oh that looks awesome and it also save some space.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

kitchen_zpsbjybhfxq.jpg

Am I the only one who loathes laundy machines in the kitchen? hahahahaha to me its one step away from bringing in the toilet too
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

kitchen_zpsbjybhfxq.jpg

Am I the only one who loathes laundy machines in the kitchen? hahahahaha to me its one step away from bringing in the toilet too

I prefer a separate room too, but I also like to build micro houses. With an extremely tiny floor plan, you have to get creative sometimes lol. But hey... micro houses ARE eco-friendly!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

kitchen_zpsbjybhfxq.jpg

I prefer a separate room too, but I also like to build micro houses. With an extremely tiny floor plan, you have to get creative sometimes lol. But hey... micro houses ARE eco-friendly!

Yeah I mean its good that its under a counter in game we can place counters anywhere it could be a good way to build a washing room where the backyard is so the grey water can just go and feed the yards and gardens and etc...
  • SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    Speaking of diy detergents! Maybe we can finally use those darn flowers for something! Using the herbalism skill, we can use the flowers as an ingredient to add special buffs to the detergent!
    I make fabric softener from essential oils, baking soda, white vinegar and water. It works amazingly. So if we recycle items from the games recipe ingredients to cut down on extra costs the idea for diy detergent CAN be possible AND we'll get more use out of the super awesome herbalism skill.
    Also, if you don't wash your clothes your clothing options become limited until eventually your sim will have a smelly buff from not washing their clothes!
    The dryer can become a play object for the toddlers! So if mom or dad aren't careful the toddler can open the dryer and take all the clothes out! This would only work on the older dryers that don't lock when operated.

For the washer, the new responsibility trait can determine whether or not the teens washing clothes will cause a bubble mess or bleach the colored clothes resulting in x amount of simoleans being deducted from the funds.
    Also, we need to remember that detergent bought from the stores are not usually eco friendly so if you use a bought detergent vs DIY and try to use it to water your garden, your plants will go from good to bad! Because obviously chemicals aren't great fertilizers.
    When the clothes are washed in a dirty washer we should get uncomfortable buffs saying "itchy clothes" or something. Oh! And lets not forget the lint! If we don't clean out the lint the possibility of a fire arises!
    Speaking of diy detergents! Maybe we can finally use those darn flowers for something! Using the herbalism skill, we can use the flowers as an ingredient to add special buffs to the detergent!

Exactly that's what I'm getting at with the flowers especially.
    I make fabric softener from essential oils, baking soda, white vinegar and water. It works amazingly. So if we recycle items from the games recipe ingredients to cut down on extra costs the idea for diy detergent CAN be possible AND we'll get more use out of the super awesome herbalism skill.

Yeah with the aroma from candles you know the citrus and all the rest i cant really think of the name that can also help with a Sims mood when done washing.

Also, if you don't wash your clothes your clothing options become limited until eventually your sim will have a smelly buff from not washing their clothes!

Good idea I was also thinking how you know thier hygiene goes bad they would have to wash them right away.
    The dryer can become a play object for the toddlers! So if mom or dad aren't careful the toddler can open the dryer and take all the clothes out! This would only work on the older dryers that don't lock when operated.

For the washer, the new responsibility trait can determine whether or not the teens washing clothes will cause a bubble mess or bleach the colored clothes resulting in x amount of simoleans being deducted from the funds.

I also liked this ideas especially the teens.
    Also, we need to remember that detergent bought from the stores are not usually eco friendly so if you use a bought detergent vs DIY and try to use it to water your garden, your plants will go from good to bad! Because obviously chemicals aren't great fertilizers.

That's where Grey water treatment will come in to extract all the chemical hazards from going into the plants and gardens but that can happen if let's say something broke.
    When the clothes are washed in a dirty washer we should get uncomfortable buffs saying "itchy clothes" or something. Oh! And lets not forget the lint! If we don't clean out the lint the possibility of a fire arises!

I also like this idea

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have not read the whole thread but:

Sims click on wash machine, then options of pictured detergents are shown that we can click on. Such as different types of liquid, powder, pods, and bleach to choose from with the animation of chosen detergent. Perhaps clumsy sims accidentally spill from time to time. Same goes for the dryer. Different scents for dryer sheets. With the washtub there are perhaps different types of organic laundry bar soap to choose from for the washing where it's more eco exclusive.

I need to google grey water. Not sure what that is. :)

Oh I like the grey water ideas!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    In the survey, it said wash tubs, which I get is part of eco-living and saving electricity. But let's face it. How many of us will make our sims use that? The sims are probably gonna spend 3 sim hours washing their clothes by hand. XD
    Well, when I start a new family, I like to start one that lives in the country and basically live off the land, so the wash tub and clothesline is perfect for this.

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Mmm, I don't mean to sound rude, and I don't want people to take this personally, but I think that ship - Eco Anything - has sailed.

Remember the story of Cinderella? Did you know that in the original story, one of the step sisters actually cut off her big toe to try to make the slipper fit. It still didn't work. I feel the same way about this. Laundry won. Let the stuff pack be about laundry. Call it something like Laundry Day, and forget trying to squeeze one thing into something that doesn't fit.

Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, and come back with enthusiastic ideas, but right now I gotta go eat chocolate and pizza. Yes. Together.

You are very right. Eco goes out the door without solar panels. etc - now it's all about laundry in the country I guess.

Sure, but then again food preserves also didn't exactly fit the "eco friendly" theme. There are several ways to be eco-friendly, it doesn't have to be solar panels exclusively. You are being eco-friendly if you decide to ride a bike to work instead of going by car, or when you recycle, or try not to use things that can hurt the environment, there's tons of possibilities. For example laundry. Sure there will be a washer and a dryer but there will be options for those two things that ARE eco-friendly. They are only giving more options to people. It wouldn't make sense to introduce laundry to the game and not give us washers and dryers.

edited June 2017
    Trying to stay on topic. :)

Please @SimGuruGraham - make it so we can take our hampers full of dirty clothes to other lots, then return home with clean ones. I'd include that in my gameplay and have fun with it.

I'd even make a Laundry Day Club, and send groups of my stay-at-home parents to do their laundry together. They'd do their laundry - hmmm, it would have to be a an activity in the home section - and exchange parenting tips ... (there's a parenting skill bonus in the club feature) .

Oh I looooove this idea @simalleyaile! That way kids that just moved out still need to go back to their parents or grandparents home to use their washing machine or washtub. And bake cookies. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2017
    Ok, let me give some "suggestions".

From the description on the survey, it seems we will need only one hamper on the house and clothes from all rooms will go there. I think in TS3 you had to have a hamper in every room, right? I actually like this new way better but I do hope that if we put a hamper in a room and sims change their clothes there, the clothes will go on that hamper by default. If there is none on the room, then it goes to any hamper on the lot, if there is none on the lot, then the clothes go on the floor.

Also, I do hope the gameplay objects will all have their own unique animations. Like open the washer/dryer to put the detergent and clothes inside and actually have the sims hanging the clothes on the clothesline, instead of being automatic. I can tolerate if removing the dry clothes from the clotheslines requires only a simple click and poof they disappear, but there has to be some actual animations tied to that object to make it worth it. So I hope they won't cut corners with this one. It would be nice if we could get ironing as well. Basically I need more chores for my neat sims!

From the description on the survey, it seems we will need only one hamper on the house and clothes from all rooms will go there. I think in TS3 you had to have a hamper in every room, right? I actually like this new way better but I do hope that if we put a hamper in a room and sims change their clothes there, the clothes will go on that hamper by default. If there is none on the room, then it goes to any hamper on the lot, if there is none on the lot, then the clothes go on the floor.

Also, I do hope the gameplay objects will all have their own unique animations. Like open the washer/dryer to put the detergent and clothes inside and actually have the sims hanging the clothes on the clothesline, instead of being automatic. I can tolerate if removing the dry clothes from the clotheslines requires only a simple click and poof they disappear, but there has to be some actual animations tied to that object to make it worth it. So I hope they won't cut corners with this one. It would be nice if we could get ironing as well. Basically I need more chores for my neat sims!

A little animation for hanging and removing clothes from line would be nice. A few seconds each. There could be that timer like for homework that circles in the queue. So in those few seconds a few clothes go up or off the clothesline at a time.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    would be nice to have clothes line like this if sim homes have a balcony sims hang there clothes with out having to carry down clean clothes

atq9lt.jpg

314cm01.jpg

x6fvyt.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    I have not read the whole thread but:

Sims click on wash machine, then options of pictured detergents are shown that we can click on. Such as different types of liquid, powder, pods, and bleach to choose from with the animation of chosen detergent. Perhaps clumsy sims accidentally spill from time to time. Same goes for the dryer. Different scents for dryer sheets. With the washtub there are perhaps different types of organic laundry bar soap to choose from for the washing where it's more eco exclusive.

I need to google grey water. Not sure what that is. :)

Oh I like the grey water ideas!

Yeah clumsy Sims can spill everything that would be cool.

Thank you for the suggestion
    would be nice to have clothes line like this if sim homes have a balcony sims hang there clothes with out having to carry down clean clothes

atq9lt.jpg

314cm01.jpg

x6fvyt.jpg

Especially for the folks living in City Living.