Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    I chose off the grid
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    So many amazing choices!
    Now I want all of these put together into one of the greatest Game Packs ever.
    sigh. Much as I love Carbon Conscious and Food Preserves (jam!), I'm gonna go with Off the Grid. The thought of having all those (upgradable) items in my Sims' yard is too good to pass up.
    Two questions: would solar panels work better in Oasis Springs? Would there be any way to utilize them in apartments?

I'd say they would work better in Oasis Springs. It would be hard to have a wind turbine or a well. Solar panels may work in some apartments if you have access to the outside.

We have wind turbines and windmills in the midst of the forests here in Maine. No they are not the monolith turbins the size of skyscrapers like California has - they would not be allowed here in Maine because of their size - here they have to be no higher than 30 feet - and even in the middle of the forest because we sit high there is always windy so not an issue. In fact New Hampshire where I lived the previous 25 years and only 20 minutes away has the worlds highest recorded wind speed ever recorded on earth and it was not even storm caused. Our windmills are never not moving and our trees tower over them. They do not interfere with each other.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mount++Washington+records+the+world+most+wind&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I was more thinking of the placement on the lot in the sims, as I would imagine they would need to be on the lot and not all of the apartments have an outdoor deck; it's not like it would be very useful inside lol.

I do not suspect it would allow any kind of placement in apartments - maybe a penthouse but there is no real connection outside of apartments with a yard of any kind so - no it would not be very useful for renting apts.

It's sad they do not allow simmers to build their own apts and own the building as then a owner could build an eco friendly apartment complex like some that are being built here in Northern Maine cities that have eco friendly systems. But as the game stands right now I can not see how that would happen in the apts you have.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The people who voted for off the grid and especially freegan cheated themselves out of gameplay. They're nearly all recycled base game animations and the only new content will be moodlets.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:

Yes, I should have clarified on the rain water - well connection. But, in its simplest form, rain does equal water. Even drinking water. Snowmelt, rain, all of it contributes to the water table. So, yes, actually rain does refill wells. Even the deepest underground water table has to be renewed, or it will run dry. Sorry if I contributed to anyone's confusion on my own simplified take on how the game could make wells fun (weather/seasons is something I've been missing in TS4 since TS2).

I'm looking forward to this pack more and more every day!
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I voted for the canning/nectar making. But honestly they all interest me and i would be happy with any of the options.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    The people who voted for off the grid and especially freegan cheated themselves out of gameplay. They're nearly all recycled base game animations and the only new content will be moodlets.

That's exactly why I didn't vote for either. Which is very Eco if you think about it. Recycled gameplay lol. But yes, it doesn't add much except a new cleaning/calibrating animation and drawing water from a well, maybe.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    It was hard to choose, and I ultimately went with off the grid as I think I'll get the most out of it. I'll be happy no matter which one ultimately wins. Nice to see a diversity of opinions here!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Laundry being the last option in the survey to me is a subliminal message that it either doesn't belong OR they would prefer not to add it and hope that we choose another option.

Buuuuut I chose it anyway :)
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Laundry being the last option in the survey to me is a subliminal message that it either doesn't belong OR they would prefer not to add it and hope that we choose another option.

The survey order is randomized. It's last for a quarter of people.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm sobbing here, cause before this whole thing started..i was a die hard fan for the return of laundry and then gradually #stills sobbing# i began to gear towards nectar making and jam making and u know sth to make gardening really useful... i wasnt ready for any of them to be placed against each other Buuut i, but i choooosee off the grid...OMG...it wasn't by mistake tho..it sounds the most eco among the three and has a prospect of telling an alternative story for my sims. STILL SOBBING!! :'(
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Simanite -

Most sp animations are rehashed off the main programming with just tweaking to them added. That is why we are limited in what can be animated in a stuff pack up until an ep or gp gets animation added to the main programming that the sps Guru's can utilize in some way or manner for the sp. So you could say just about all sp animation is refreshed from base game and not totally 100 percent new to be fair. But honestly I think it is rather in genius of them to finally have animation use in sps and even if it is retweaked base game added content programming - it is better than getting statues and clothing and decor with no animations of previous Sims SPS.

I really like Sims 4 sps regardless of what you say. At least they do something.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I went with food preserves it adds the most gameplay which I think is really needed. Laundry is nice, but I feel like just not as much gameplay as food preserves. Food preserves adds several new things all at once. I do agree that off the grid and the other one were pretty light on content. Another reason I didn't go for them. I really enjoyed nectar making in TS3 so I figured I'd get the most use out of that.
  • Options
    Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    I would add that it's not just animations that affect gameplay; that kind of programming stuff is more like building blocks, and the developers can make different things with them depending on how the blocks are arranged. Personally, I voted for Off the Grid for that very reason. We wouldn't be getting any new building blocks, but from what I've seen it seems pretty rare for a Stuff Pack to add new building blocks. However, Off the Grid seemed like it would offer the most versatility in terms of how it could be used, and that's saying something because the content in SPs is usually very narrowly focused. Some Sims might live in homes that are completely self-sufficient for electricity, others might just put up a few solar panels and reduce their bills a little. Also, I'd like to see some of the ideas that builders could come up with if they got their mitts on wind turbines and solar panels.

But I wouldn't throw a hissy fit if any of the other options end up winning.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • Options
    CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    What I think, would boost Off the Grid more, would be a fun item. You have those maintenance water/sun objects that operate more behind the scenes, but something like an outdoor shower with a bucket at the top and a rope to pull, would be fun.
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I chose laundry, but I really love food preserves as well! Laundry has the most replayability for me personally. I have solar panels and wind turbines in Sims 2 and I hardly ever use them. Carbon Conscious had hardly anything in it. Besides- laundry is the entire reason why I was excited for Eco Living.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I also like Off the grid as it shows promise of maybe letting us eventually add lots to areas without access to sidewalks and the constant loop of neighbors all over the place. It takes the restriction - well - off the grid. Granted that is wishful thinking on my part but at least it is a solution to lack of lots if they ever give us the ability to add lots. That would be one less problem in the game. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2017
    off the grid for me but honestly it was a hard pick!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Off the Grid appeals most to me, of the options. Laudry sounds like a cool mechanic, but not something I'd get much out of. Freegan I think sounds like a uniquely interesting idea, but too gross for my tastes, so I probably wouldn't use it much.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »

What makes you think the placement of the 4 groups in the survey is random?
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I am really surprised off the grid has so much support.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see that so many people didn't go for laundry. A lot of off the grid, and even though I went for food preserves, both actually make sense for this pack
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    This is so tough! My sister voted for Off the Grid but I am torn between that and Food Processing.
  • Options
    futuresmcfuturesmc Posts: 2 New Member
    I chose off the grid. I've always wanted to try having my sims live in a tent on a lot with nothing but trees. See if they could go off-grid. I liked the others, but off the grid I've been thinking about for years, so I chose it.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I voted for Laundry. But the food preserve feature does sound really cool.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »

What makes you think the placement of the 4 groups in the survey is random?

Laundry came up first on mine.