Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    So many amazing choices!
    Now I want all of these put together into one of the greatest Game Packs ever.
    sigh. Much as I love Carbon Conscious and Food Preserves (jam!), I'm gonna go with Off the Grid. The thought of having all those (upgradable) items in my Sims' yard is too good to pass up.
    Two questions: would solar panels work better in Oasis Springs? Would there be any way to utilize them in apartments?

I'd say they would work better in Oasis Springs. It would be hard to have a wind turbine or a well. Solar panels may work in some apartments if you have access to the outside.
  • Options
    ScaryMonsterScaryMonster Posts: 17 Member
    > @suzanna13 said:
    >
    > Preserving food from the garden so it doesn't spoil didn't make much sense since it doesn't spoil anyway. Canning fish would be great but i don't think it was mentioned. Nectar making would be good if it was done like sims 3 but I wonder if they would put that much into it.
    >

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if fruits and veggies did spoil after a while. My Sims are still cooking food using stuff grown in their great-grandparents' gardens...
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't know what to vote for. Off the grid sounds interesting as it would be great for the houses in the countryside of Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow since it is a secluded village and even Granite Falls, maybe make it so that sims who rent a cabin have to put in a little bit of work to escape modern life.

Food preserves also sounds great as I've been want more craftables and think it would be fun selling jams or nectar. It would give players more reason to grow harvestables and more uses out of them.

Laundry would get the most use though since what households doesn't do laundry? I would hope that they allow use to make laundry mats since I would want my sims who live in apartments for the most part to not readily have access to a washer and dryer. I would also hope that they would add all laundry items listed as it would make the pack still Eco friendly because of the wash bin and clothesline but not limited it to only players who want to live a more eco friendly life.

Freegan sounds interesting but I know I would barely use it.
  • Options
    sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    They gave us some hard choices this time, but I eventually chose Off The Grid. I like the composter and recycling idea, as well as the wash tub and clothesline, but the idea of living off of the land means that your going to be gardening and canning, washing by hand and letting your clothes air dry. Your carbon footprint will be minimal as well. Off The Grid just made more sense to me in the end. However, I will definitely not be mad if any of the others win instead :wink:
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Carbon Conscious/Freeeeegan.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I chose Off The Grid. I like all the options but this one is just what I need IRL so my sims have to need this too. It is very much eco-friendly. This idea is just awesim. I really hope it wins.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    ok so where do we go to vote? There is never a link to it.
  • Options
    ok so where do we go to vote? There is never a link to it.

https://www.thesims.com/news/vote-gameplay-features
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I votes for food perverse.

I don't care which one we get as long as they all appear at some point :disappointed:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I didn't vote yet, but at quick glance I think I'll go for off the grid.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    For me, it was between Off the Grid and Laundry. I thought the well/water pump was a fantastic idea -- prelude to weather/seasons with the well refilling from rain? As far as the laundry pack goes, I'll say that I initially thought what a lot of others are expressing -- that laundry doesn't fit with the "Eco" theme. However, I noticed that they added the clothesline and washing tub options, which certainly is an "eco-friendly" design. Plus, all sims have to wash their clothes.... I still wasn't 100% on choosing Laundry, until I considered how it might fit into parenting with regard to making teens do wash their own clothes.

I also liked the composting and recycling from the Carbon Conscious feature. If that one doesn't win, I hope we can see composting come back with weather/seasons. I really like the Food Preserves features, but as much as I would love to see them, I wasn't thrilled with just another object to do the work for my sims. So, I hope we can see the Food Preserves fleshed out more fully in a Farm themed Expansion pack.

Actually we don't refill wells with rain water - they are kept covered - but when a well is dug for lots here in Maine where it is more normal to have wells and septic systems and no piped facilities outside of the few cities we have - part of the well diggers job is to locate the water tables under ground which up here are usually spring fed and the same water people buy in bottle - lol - we are tapped into for our wells. Our well is an artesian well- over 380 feet deep with constant cold, sparkling fresh water 24-7. Rain water never gets into a well - in fact you would not want it to. Rain water sinks into the ground and gets filtered by natures best filtering system - layers of rock and sand and then joins the water table well below the earth and all underground water - your well taps into this and filled from the underground - up not from the rain going down. Nothing better or healthier than well filter spring fed wells - rain water is never clean like well water.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    Looking at all the options I think there could be an Eco and a Farm pack. I had to sit and think about the first two options for a little bit and although I want to have all the off grid stuff I think the first options gives us more stuff to do and sell. OK EA if you wanna give us an Eco and a Farming pack I will buy them :expressionless:
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    edited June 2017
    Frankly, I'm not particularly thrilled over any of it. I voted for the laundry BUT I would hope that the dryer and clothesline could also act as a dresser. I don't remember if it was an EA trait or someone with cc, but in S2 I had a dryer that acted as a dresser. Since it had a practical feature I was willing to create a laundry room with all the frills...also an open ironing board with iron...and maybe a stack of clothes on it - it, too acted as a dresser.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Food Preserves sadly really nothing worthwhile to vote on.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    The Sims 4: hippies
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So many amazing choices!
    sigh. Much as I love Carbon Conscious and Food Preserves (jam!), I'm gonna go with Off the Grid. The thought of having all those (upgradable) items in my Sims' yard is too good to pass up.
    Two questions: would solar panels work better in Oasis Springs? Would there be any way to utilize them in apartments?

I'd say they would work better in Oasis Springs. It would be hard to have a wind turbine or a well. Solar panels may work in some apartments if you have access to the outside.

We have wind turbines and windmills in the midst of the forests here in Maine. No they are not the monolith turbins the size of skyscrapers like California has - they would not be allowed here in Maine because of their size - here they have to be no higher than 30 feet - and even in the middle of the forest because we sit high there is always windy so not an issue. In fact New Hampshire where I lived the previous 25 years and only 20 minutes away has the worlds highest recorded wind speed ever recorded on earth and it was not even storm caused. Our windmills are never not moving and our trees tower over them. They do not interfere with each other.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mount++Washington+records+the+world+most+wind&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

We lived half way up Mount Washington in New Hampshire and I am about 20-30 minutes from where I lived in New Hampshire in Maine now.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    What's good about nectar mkaing though?
    Like, not in a snarky way. I mean, yeah I'd love my sims enjoy nectar but whenever they drink anything in the game it just makes their bladder red and nothing else. I wish there was more to it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Like, not in a snarky way. I mean, yeah I'd love my sims enjoy nectar but whenever they drink anything in the game it just makes their bladder red and nothing else. I wish there was more to it.

Aside from money making and few moodlets, nothing really. I'm more insterested in the canning portion of that choice.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    edited June 2017
    I was about to vote for Preserves but Off the grid sounded even better to me and I ended up choosing it instead. These two are the ones that caught my attention the most. Carbon conscious also sounds interesting but being able to make preserves and live off the grid (something that I don't believe has been done before) just seem more interesting and exciting to me. I know most people voted for the eco living theme because of laundry possibly being added with it but I seriously hope it doesn't end up winning as it's the most boring option for me personally. I hated it in Sims 3 and don't want it back.
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I chose Off The Grid. I felt like it was something that I would get a lot of use out of.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

In Sims 2 nectar gave all sorts of benefits. Certain mixes would make your Sims learn faster, fall in love, etc. And if you put a boot in the Juice Maker and drank it, your Sim would go crazy for a while.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    So many amazing choices!

We have wind turbines and windmills in the midst of the forests here in Maine. No they are not the monolith turbins the size of skyscrapers like California has - they would not be allowed here in Maine because of their size - here they have to be no higher than 30 feet - and even in the middle of the forest because we sit high there is always windy so not an issue. In fact New Hampshire where I lived the previous 25 years and only 20 minutes away has the worlds highest recorded wind speed ever recorded on earth and it was not even storm caused. Our windmills are never not moving and our trees tower over them. They do not interfere with each other.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mount++Washington+records+the+world+most+wind&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I was more thinking of the placement on the lot in the sims, as I would imagine they would need to be on the lot and not all of the apartments have an outdoor deck; it's not like it would be very useful inside lol.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

In Sims 2 nectar gave all sorts of benefits. Certain mixes would make your Sims learn faster, fall in love, etc. And if you put a boot in the Juice Maker and drank it, your Sim would go crazy for a while.

I absolutely cannot remember Sims 2 nectar making. If we get those benefits then it would be cool.
    But I'm still hoping for off the grid. But I'll be fine with wwhichever wins cause I like the eco theme.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Preserves. The stuff I really wanted wasn't offered in the survey :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Frankly, I'm not particularly thrilled over any of it. I voted for the laundry BUT I would hope that the dryer and clothesline could also act as a dresser. I don't remember if it was an EA trait or someone with cc, but in S2 I had a dryer that acted as a dresser. Since it had a practical feature I was willing to create a laundry room with all the frills...also an open ironing board with iron...and maybe a stack of clothes on it - it, too acted as a dresser.

Those would be CC or a mod doing that. They must have had a mod that used the closet programming. Sims 2 did not have washers and dryers. Sims 3 is the first Sims game that had them and the only option we get with the dryer or clothes line is to fold and put away the clothes and the fresh clean clothes smell.

In dreams - I LIVE!