Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Darling Walsh is a girl

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Jouvay wrote: »
    Are you serious? You've never come across boyish girls? There's no mystery here. I thought the creator did a good job, I didn't even see her as a boy first. There are some clues:

1) there's her name ( although darling is a popular surname in the UK)
    2) there are two small mounds under her top . Teen boys don't have that right?
    3) she has slender limbs - slender neck, her shoulders aren't broad
    4) her lips are feminine ...so are her cheeks.
    Yes, but you have to take notice of the Sim.

I basically ignored Darling Walsh for ages and ages.

I know nothing of the Pancake family - yet other people love them.

My Sims rarely leave Bargain Bend in Willow Creek - my Sims have never lived anywhere but there (apart from trying the new apartments in City Living).

There are a lot of Sims in TS4 that I don't pay any attention to.
  • Options
    image.jpg

^ That picture is Bargain Bend in Willow Creek - i built a park on the empty lot.

To build a park you have to add certain items - I added a basketball hoop, which seems to have attracted Darling Walsh.

That picture was taken after midnight - my Sim (who lives alone) was busking in the park.

Darling Walsh started talking to my Sim.
  • Options
    Here is a good example:
    S4PE_Roomies.png

I have no interest in Mitchell Kalani or Gavin Richards - I have no idea of their names, other than looking them up. I would ignore them in-game.

However, I have used Zoe Patel and J Huntington III in game-play with my Sims.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited June 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Here is a good example:
    S4PE_Roomies.png

I have no interest in Mitchell Kalani or Gavin Richards - I have no idea of their names, other than looking them up. I would ignore them in-game.

I've never really played with Zoe, Gavin and Mitchell either.. MCCC has picked some fun directions in their lives though xD. Gavin has a baby mama in San Myshuno and Mitchell has a boyfriend I think lol. Zoe...I think she died or something, I can't remember from what though lol. J became a random millionaire and married the baby mama of a prince (soo scandalous :lol: )

Darling though I noticed from trying CL for the first time. I have to say though, for myself her name was indeed a dead give away more so than her looks. She actually reminded me of my sister's girlfirend. Even my husband who was watching me while I played one day and instinctively he said "she" (theen he questioned if she was a "he" for 5 seconds lol).

I usually just let the MCCC figure out what way she should go. Some saves she ends up with Don (boy oh boy, he always ends up with people I'd never expect him to be with xD) or even one of the Munch boys, Nina Calinte, Yuki Baer, just to name a few. The MCCC works in many ways :lol: .

Thinking about it, there's a bunch that I don't think i've ever played with. Like I've actually never played with the Caliente family, besides one of my sims seducing Don lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Invite her to a party and the formal wear is a pink jacket, pants and high heels. You would've known right off she is a girl. She's a great sim to play and interacts with a lot of my other sims.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Here is a good example:
    S4PE_Roomies.png

I've never really played with Zoe, Gavin and Mitchell either.. MCCC has picked some fun directions in their lives though xD. Gavin has a baby mama in San Myshuno and Mitchell has a boyfriend I think lol. Zoe...I think she died or something, I can't remember from what though lol. J became a random millionaire and married the baby mama of a prince (soo scandalous :lol: )

Darling though I noticed from trying CL for the first time. I have to say though, for myself her name was indeed a dead give away more so than her looks. She actually reminded me of my sister's girlfirend. Even my husband who was watching me while I played one day and instinctively he said "she" (theen he questioned if she was a "he" for 5 seconds lol).

I usually just let the MCCC figure out what way she should go. Some saves she ends up with Don (boy oh boy, he always ends up with people I'd never expect him to be with xD) or even one of the Munch boys, Nina Calinte, Yuki Baer, just to name a few. The MCCC works in many ways :lol: .

Thinking about it, there's a bunch that I don't think i've ever played with. Like I've actually never played with the Caliente family, besides one of my sims seducing Don lol.

You have to go hunt up that prince, now. We want to know what he is up to. :smile:
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    image.jpg

Your Sim looks pretty here (love that hair and dress!) but she looks mad or something at Darling. :lol:
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    image.jpg

Your Sim looks pretty here (love that hair and dress!) but she looks mad or something at Darling. :lol:

That is the new generation of Sim - 'The Samantha'.

Very, very high maintenance.

She probably thought he was a guy or something.

I think it is a personality/upbringing clash. Two different worlds colliding.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited June 2017
    Here is a good example:
    S4PE_Roomies.png

You have to go hunt up that prince, now. We want to know what he is up to. :smile:

@applefeather2 ,Last time I checked he was stalking his baby mama and J's apartment, I guess looking for his daughter. Though he's got issues of his own since the princess he married ended up having an affair by a cute townie guy that was shockingly married to Don Lothario who also shockingly had a random secret love child with a millionaire woman who lived in an apartment right next door to J and his wife.

The irony and child support is strong in this save lol. Would you believe MCCC made alll of this mess? :lol: It's hilarious xDD
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Here is a good example:
    S4PE_Roomies.png

Gavin's fathered about 9 kids in my game, including Summer Holiday's twins and Miko Ojo's triplets. Then MC Command married Summer off to Gunther Munch, but after he was the baby daddy in my game I broke them up so my Sim could be with him; one twin got sent off to live with Gavin and his wife Ulrike (nee Faust) and their daughter, while Gunther took the other one with him when he moved in with my Sim and her son with Gunther. The two boys are now children, and Cassidy (my Sim) is expecting a daughter; I'm figuring a quickie elopement for them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Here is a good example:
    S4PE_Roomies.png

@applefeather2 ,Last time I checked he was stalking his baby mama and J's apartment, I guess looking for his daughter. Though he's got issues of his own since the princess he married ended up having an affair by a cute townie guy that was shockingly married to Don Lothario who also shockingly had a random secret love child with a millionaire woman who lived in an apartment right next door to J and his wife.

The irony and child support is strong in this save lol. Would you believe MCCC made alll of this mess? :lol: It's hilarious xDD

Now that is a mod to end all mods! :smiley:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    I repeat Darling Walsh is a girl.

I bet I am not the only Simmer that got fooled.

Very funny.

EDIT:
    I don't think I have ever seen any previous Darling Walsh threads and therefore have never taken part in them.

I changed her hair, hat and clothes. Sorry, I just didn't like being confused by it. (I changed her to more feminine girly Sim becaues the game was generating all male hairstyles on most of my elderly females even though the filter was in place. I thought, since this was a thing in CL, this must have caused me that glitch).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Maybe I'm too gay to get fooled because I knew instantly from seeing her household's thumbnail that Darling was female and meant to be a tomboy or a butch lesbian.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I'm real shooketh.

Just kiddin, she's pretty rad for my sims to chill with.
    I just say she's a dude since it's what she seems to wanted to be portrayed as.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I didn't know Darling was a girl at first. If you have been around sims any length of time you know that odd names are not that odd at all. This thread is not a waste of time. Darling is a really interesting character and she is great to discuss.

Which leads me to wonder, does she prefer to be referred to as a he or a she? I guess that depends on the player. Either way, she is different from the norm and I like her.
  • Options
    SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    When I first saw her in my game, her animation threw me off... I thought she was an actual dude. As soon as I started making my teen tomboy sim befriend her along with the other teens, I realized that she was a chic. Also thought she was a generated random townie and not a pre-made sim.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    I believe Darling Walsh is aimed to be an androgynous sim who dresses with no specific gender, which is cool imo :D
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am actually happy that Darling is different from the other typical premades
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    I repeat Darling Walsh is a girl.

I bet I am not the only Simmer that got fooled.

Very funny.

EDIT:
    I don't think I have ever seen any previous Darling Walsh threads and therefore have never taken part in them.

Ah, yes, she is. My Gen. 9 heir tried his hand at dating her, figuring she was just trying to 'fit' in with the guys. But, she's just not a good date. Oh, well, I found her quirky and thought she might be a fun Sim to play. Suffice it to say, he found someone far more interesting and interested in him. ;) It took some doing, but she finally said 'yes', after baby was on the way! LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    Did someone give her like a girly makeover? Don't get me wrong, I ship her they way she is! Just would like to see a feminine makeover.
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    not trying to go off topic, but i only recently noticed the suit and hat that Diego Lobo(is that how it's spelled?) is wearing are both technically female cas items. and they look good on him, which is very rare cuz most female cas items don't.
    I think it's nice that the game implemented characters like Darling and Diego in CL to give it a bit more variety:)

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2017
    So_Money wrote: »
    I'm much more interested in how she manages to pump so much iron (she's literally at the gym every time my sim shows up) and still be so darned scrawny. Especially when Dina Caliente leaves looking like Hulk Hogan circa 1985.

hahaha!

Anywho, my Darling is a tomboy. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Just in case nobody knows what I am talking about:
    DarlingWalsh.png
    It is not a teen boy.

WOW - just WOW - edit quickly
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    All I want to know is...why the name the poor girl Darling. I have not once ever heard the word, darling used as a name.
    giphy.gif