Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is basically a scam....

Comments

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2017
    What if that was just a literal translation? It possibly means something else. Look at Parenthood. In French it's "être parents". If translated literally, it say "be parents." Was that the English title for it? No.....
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Ummm...a bit sad if that is your only goal in the forums :D

Where did I say it is ? It's just something I like to do :P And I don't have any goals on the forums, they're mostly just a place for people to be dramatic about everything so don't take anything I say too seriously :sweat_smile:

tenor.gif

Oh good, you made me confident again :wink:
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    buydebugbuydebug Posts: 197 Member
    Not only is this post annoying because you are only asking for attention, but also that your entire point is based off of one listing on an obscure Norwegian store website. There was no justified reason to attack The Sims team for this. Even if the pack was only going to be "cats & dogs," I wouldn't trust the announcement from anyone but EA. If you people are really that unhappy with the Sims 4, stop complaining about it and go back to Sims 3 and stop ruining the party for the rest of us.
  • Options
    MemetasticMemetastic Posts: 16 New Member
    I've never paid full price for an EP, I just wait for sales to come around. Sims 4 sales come around too often for me to buy an EP at $40. I even waited Christmas 2016 to buy TS4 for $20 at target!
  • Options
    DoctorMeow23DoctorMeow23 Posts: 26 Member
    Honestly, I would be fine with just cats,dogs, and small animals. However, I would like them to be very immersive and not just thrown in like everything else. I hope they don't make puppies and kittens objects like babies.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm pretty sure that there won't be any small pets in "Cats and Dogs". Vampires were named "vampires" for a reason. They were not "supernatural", they were just "vampires". Naming a pack "Cats and dogs" implies that it's not "pets", it's just cats and dogs.

I'm personally really disappointed and probably won't be buying this pack. I was hoping for a lot of small fluffy animals such as bunnys, hamsters, rats, etc. Paying 40 dollars for 2 animals (no matter how detailed they might be) just doesn't appeal to me.

I'm not interested in pet careers when they go into a rabbit hole and disappear for a day. How many of you have pets that have a job? Be honest?

I'm also not interested in playing as a pet. It's just weird for me. And I'm afraid that because we're only getting cats and dogs, the pack's main focus will be being a pet instead of having a pet.

With that being said, I will only like "pet shows" if they are shown from the sims perspective instead of from the animal perspective.

Some things that I could like if they were in the pack would be veterinarian career, pet stores and pet shelters.

PS: I actually have had a feeling for a long time that we might only get cats and dogs. But I thought that in that case it surely has to be a GP and not an EP. And if it's an EP it must surely be combined with weather and be named "Raining cats and dogs" EP. Turns out I was only half wrong.

PSps: They really lost an opportunity with "raining cats and dogs" here.

My family has a working sheepdog. I also have a puppy training to become a guide dog. That being said I completely understand your post and I agree with every word.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I completely agree OP but everyone seems to think they're getting quality EP's and GP's...
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Falynios wrote: »

40 dollars ain't worth as much now as it was 11 years ago :)

You know what else isn't the same as it was 11 years ago? Technology. For $40 we should be getting the same amount of content, if not more this day in age. There is simply no excuse.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »

You know what else isn't the same as it was 11 years ago? Technology. For $40 we should be getting the same amount of content, if not more this day in age. There is simply no excuse.

The Sims forums =The only place on earth where inflation works in reverse. B)
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    EPs are so expensive compared to the Base Game :/

I remember some codes were found for horses some time ago, but that didn't really go anywhere. I already had a feeling that Pets for the Sims 4 isn't gonna have horses. Personally, I never really cared much about horses, I like the cats and dogs more.
    BUT...we are essentially getting less compared to the Sims 3 Pets. I hope they really flesh them out to try and compensate.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    EPs are so expensive compared to the Base Game :/

I remember some codes were found for horses some time ago, but that didn't really go anywhere. I already had a feeling that Pets for the Sims 4 isn't gonna have horses. Personally, I never really cared much about horses, I like the cats and dogs more.
    BUT...we are essentially getting less compared to the Sims 3 Pets. I hope they really flesh them out to try and compensate.

We don't know if we're getting less though. That's the thing that gets me. We have no clue on what's in this pack. The only thing we can be assure of right now is that cats and dogs will be the core feature and possibly the release date. Other than those two things, there's nothing suggesting well be getting anymore or any less that Pets EPs we've received in the past with the exception of horses.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member

But. We. Don't. Know. What's. In. This. Pack.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

This. Thread. Is. Referring. To. The. Leak. It. Is. Purely. Speculation. But. I. Am. Just. Discussing. What. We. Are. Given. Until. Proven. Otherwise.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that there won't be any small pets in "Cats and Dogs". Vampires were named "vampires" for a reason. They were not "supernatural", they were just "vampires". Naming a pack "Cats and dogs" implies that it's not "pets", it's just cats and dogs.

I'm personally really disappointed and probably won't be buying this pack. I was hoping for a lot of small fluffy animals such as bunnys, hamsters, rats, etc. Paying 40 dollars for 2 animals (no matter how detailed they might be) just doesn't appeal to me.

I'm not interested in pet careers when they go into a rabbit hole and disappear for a day. How many of you have pets that have a job? Be honest?

I'm also not interested in playing as a pet. It's just weird for me. And I'm afraid that because we're only getting cats and dogs, the pack's main focus will be being a pet instead of having a pet.

With that being said, I will only like "pet shows" if they are shown from the sims perspective instead of from the animal perspective.

Some things that I could like if they were in the pack would be veterinarian career, pet stores and pet shelters.

PS: I actually have had a feeling for a long time that we might only get cats and dogs. But I thought that in that case it surely has to be a GP and not an EP. And if it's an EP it must surely be combined with weather and be named "Raining cats and dogs" EP. Turns out I was only half wrong.

PSps: They really lost an opportunity with "raining cats and dogs" here.

Omg someone with actual logic and way of seeing things instead of just saying 'Wait till we actually get the pack'?? THIS FORUM HAS HOPE AGAIN

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

What ? It's obvious from the title alone that this pack will have no compelling gameplay at all. No new CAS items either. In fact, the only new items are the cats and dogs. Yes, I said items. They're cardboard cutouts you can place in your Sims' homes to create the illusion of having at least someone who cares about you while you open up the next bottle of nectar. For 40$.

Please, educate yourself before you post something on here. Just because Alexandrea can see the bigger picture and you don't doesn't mean you have to attack her like this.

Is this sarcasm or are you for real? :# Because I recall you loving every pack that comes out or at least *MOST*

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,288 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Wulfsimmer

Hmmm... I don't understand you... The Sims is like this from the beginning...

A partial game @ $60 and $40 more for a little more of gameplay. 17 years later it should not surprise you.

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    @Wulfsimmer

A partial game @ $60 and $40 more for a little more of gameplay. 17 years later it should not surprise you.

Other games didn't lack firefighters.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don't like cats so half the EP is already suspect lol

I am allergic to kitty's, so My sims may be as well, :) they may have to take a lot of allergy medicine if they want kitty's in the home.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,608 Member
    So you're saying this game might be limited? No surprise there I wonder how seasons and uni. Might be?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Wulfsimmer

Other games didn't lack firefighters.

Dude, sick burn.
    tenor.gif

And no firefighters around to attend to it.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    @Wulfsimmer

Noo..it was never $40 for dogs & cats....it was $40 for dogs & cats, many other pets, pet stores, jobs, vets, etc...

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    @Wulfsimmer

Noo..it was never $40 for dogs & cats....it was $40 for dogs & cats, many other pets, pet stores, jobs, vets, etc...

Not in the pc version of Sims 2 and 3 was there ever a vets career. Sims 1 on the otherhand did have dog pet shows, shops, all kinds of pet care NPCs and dog walkers, and groomers shops though. Our sims could not work at them or anything. Some of those would be fun to have back.

Only Sims 2 had pets with jobs. Sims 3 pets were actually Sims but they had no jobs - and you did get a pet store. just you could not buy pets at the pets store in Sims 3.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,288 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Wulfsimmer

Note: The Sims Unleashed was called "Dogs & Cats" in my country but the pack included other pets.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims:_Unleashed
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top