Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most of Sims are of foreign origin since CL[solved] by uninstalling CL

1789101113...Next

Comments

• Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    There's no balance with the different ethnicities. If it was predominately Caucasian people would complain too, just like we all are now with how it is. What we need is an equal chance to get any ethnicity. But right now it's off balance. I personally haven't gotten any Caucasian sims through randomize in cas in months. I know it's really not all that hard to change the skin color and facial features but still, it'd be nice if there was a balance with ethnicity in cas. To make it fair for everyone and properly diverse, it's not racist if a non-Caucasian wants to make sims of their cultural background just like it's 100% not racist for a Caucasian person to want to make a Caucasian sim.

Anyone who thinks we're racist for bringing this up needs to calm down.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    For the people who still have problems with the randomizer which only generates city living names, I have a mod that overwrites the names of the randomizer with more english names. I don't know if it's because of the mod, but city living names became much more rare in my game since I added this mod:

mediafire.com/file/74o50j7qv1c2rc4/VNM-SimSpawner-Over5000EnglishNamesForAll-v2.package

The mod is also good for people who don't like the townie names of their language version. I, for example, play the game in german and always hated the names of the townies in the german version, because they 're all old people names :D Since I have this mod, not a single townie in my game was generated with a german name. I would recommend this mod to everyone :)
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Old people's names? Lol. You'll be surprised how many english "old people" names the game generates. For example - Ralph is an "old people" english name, but I like it. Also a very popular german name. I'm German and therefore don't mind of so called "old people" names.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Do you played/play the game in german, @LuvMySimz ? Because if you look at the names of the vanilla game-generated townies, you notice that almost none of these names would anyone give their children these days. That's what I meant with "old people names", I have no problems with names that are old fashioned, but still around these days and that even younger people still have. I don't like most of the german names anyway, but I looove english/american names, I find them really pretty!
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I don't so much care what the townies look like, but predominance of unfamiliar names can be annoying to me. I have trouble remembering the names, in part because I don't know how to pronounce them, and there is a lot of repetition of last names among Sims that don't seem to be related.

If the idea was to introduce more ethnic and racial diversity into the game, I feel like it's failed.

I feel the same.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Do you played/play the game in german, @LuvMySimz ? Because if you look at the names of the vanilla game-generated townies, you notice that almost none of these names would anyone give their children these days. That's what I meant with "old people names", I have no problems with names that are old fashioned, but still around these days and that even younger people still have. I don't like most of the german names anyway, but I looove english/american names, I find them really pretty!

Yes I play my game in German and I don't mind the names. At least they are different/diverse and not all the same like with CL. I'm so glad that I deleted the EP because now I have less bugs, more different looking Sims/names and NO freezing.

• Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I don't so much care what the townies look like, but predominance of unfamiliar names can be annoying to me. I have trouble remembering the names, in part because I don't know how to pronounce them, and there is a lot of repetition of last names among Sims that don't seem to be related.

If the idea was to introduce more ethnic and racial diversity into the game, I feel like it's failed.

I feel the same, too. One of the reasons why I deleted the pack.

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am researching on how to get more European names to generate. My game is not giving me English names anymore for my townie or even as random choices for my own households. I was looking for a mod to fix that issue, but have not found a reliable one yet.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2017
    I am researching on how to get more European names to generate. My game is not giving me English names anymore for my townie or even as random choices for my own households. I was looking for a mod to fix that issue, but have not found a reliable one yet.

Hello
    You may need to use the cas.fulleditmode cheat and take the sims into cas and change the names that you wish to alter.
    I am not sure if there is a random name generator mod that is working.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top