July 10 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
July 8 - A patch for The Sims 4 is ready for you to install it! Check the patch notes out here.
You are browsing an archived read-only section of the forums. The Sims 4 Help Center can now be found here.

Most of Sims are of foreign origin since CL[solved] by uninstalling CL

Comments

  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 24,266 Member
    Selios wrote: »
    i don't think you're racist. but probably the reason why people are saying you are is because your title (in combination with the original post) kind of makes a claim that only white people aren't foreigners, which barring any politically incorrect mumbo jumbo, is just plain incorrect.

    Foreigner is not the word to use here. If you are upset that there aren't enough white sims, then just say that. There's nothing wrong with it.

    Maybe a better way to put it is a lack of diversity in naming/Sim generation? While we had a couple of major types of Sims before (mostly white and black) we're not really seeing those Sims being generated. If I see a black family in Manage Households, I grab them and stick them in a house with freerealestate so that I know my Sims can find them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,325 Member
    edited April 2017
    Blargian wrote: »
    I am pretty sure in a place like San Myshuno Asians are not foreigners anyways...

    You're right. From time to time, when you hang out in San Myshuno, you'll see sims from the other hoods in baseball caps and Hawaiian shirts whipping out a map. The reason why is that they're tourists visiting San Myshuno. So it's not the "too many Asians" who are the foreigners. It's the sims from Newcrest, Windenburg, Oasis Springs, etc. who are the foreigners, or--to put it another way (since all sims are members of Sim Nation)--they are the out of towners visiting the Asian residents of SM on their own turf.

    tumblr_oow3sfSz5F1vzg6zeo1_1280.png
    Blargian wrote: »
    This is quite possibly the most upsetting thread I have ever been a part of. Woke up to nine pages of this plum. I am so sad in response to some of the comments on this thread. If the thread has any positivity, it has gone over my head, as it is drowned out by so much negativity. It is so strange and rude how much people do not realise the things they are saying are racist. I am pretty sure in a place like San Myshuno Asians are not foreigners anyways...

    There's also another positivity. These "complainers" don't represent the majority of the fanbase. Hundreds of thousands of people play this game all over the world, possibly millions. Only 1/10th of 1% of the fanbase decided to come onto this forum to embarrass themselves with this whiny complaint about there being "too many Asians" because they couldn't handle having more of them than they're personally comfortable with. For the rest of us, it's a complete non issue and if anything, the majority of simmers are just shaking their heads in pity or maybe even laughing their heads off to see people's worlds being shattered because it's soooo haaaarrrd for them to play a videogame in which not 99% of the population doesn't reflect their ethnicity or nationality. One person even uninstalled the entire EP, LOL. I mean, really, who could not laugh at that? :D
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    charcoug wrote: »
    oh no, for once white people aren't being the major population in a game! Its so crazy that other races didn't start shouting about how there were to much before! lol

    Your statement is one reason people can't have an honest discussion about a mucked up game. I wonder if you complained about too many vampires in your game and they all had the stereotype name of Vlad for each one and I said something like 'you are a racist against vampires! How dare you!' if that would ring a bell with you. ETA: And for the record for all you know I may be black and still don't want the name generator to overrun my game with names I can't remember. 150 out of 160 is and will remain overkill.

    f3e1cc69ff34208f736e3048ae14d9bd.png
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    Selios wrote: »
    i don't think you're racist. but probably the reason why people are saying you are is because your title (in combination with the original post) kind of makes a claim that only white people aren't foreigners, which barring any politically incorrect mumbo jumbo, is just plain incorrect.

    Foreigner is not the word to use here. If you are upset that there aren't enough white sims, then just say that. There's nothing wrong with it.

    Maybe a better way to put it is a lack of diversity in naming/Sim generation? While we had a couple of major types of Sims before (mostly white and black) we're not really seeing those Sims being generated. If I see a black family in Manage Households, I grab them and stick them in a house with freerealestate so that I know my Sims can find them.

    f3e1cc69ff34208f736e3048ae14d9bd.png
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,789 Member
    edited April 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Blargian wrote: »
    I am pretty sure in a place like San Myshuno Asians are not foreigners anyways...

    You're right. From time to time, when you hang out in San Myshuno, you'll see sims from the other hoods in baseball caps and Hawaiian shirts whipping out a map. The reason why is that they're tourists visiting San Myshuno. So it's not the "too many Asians" who are the foreigners. It's the sims from Newcrest, Windenburg, Oasis Springs, etc. who are the foreigners, or--to put it another way (since all sims are members of Sim Nation)--they are the out of towners visiting the Asian residents of SM on their own turf.

    tumblr_oow3sfSz5F1vzg6zeo1_1280.png
    Blargian wrote: »
    This is quite possibly the most upsetting thread I have ever been a part of. Woke up to nine pages of this plum. I am so sad in response to some of the comments on this thread. If the thread has any positivity, it has gone over my head, as it is drowned out by so much negativity. It is so strange and rude how much people do not realise the things they are saying are racist. I am pretty sure in a place like San Myshuno Asians are not foreigners anyways...

    There's also another positivity. These "complainers" don't represent the majority of the fanbase. Hundreds of thousands of people play this game all over the world, possibly millions. Only 1/10th of 1% of the fanbase decided to come onto this forum to embarrass themselves with this whiny complaint about there being "too many Asians" because they couldn't handle having more of them than they're personally comfortable with. For the rest of us, it's a complete non issue and if anything, the majority of simmers are just shaking their heads in pity or maybe even laughing their heads off to see people's worlds being shattered because it's soooo haaaarrrd for them to play a videogame in which not 99% of the population doesn't reflect their ethnicity or nationality. One person even uninstalled the entire EP, LOL. I mean, really, who could not laugh at that? :D

    Uninstalling CL stops the game crashing and game freezing if you aren't aware. I* don't care what they look like but there is a problem with the name generator. And you know what, there is nothing wrong with wanting to play your own 'ethnicity' or Drake wouldn't have stated their German fans feel left out...go figure, also their international fans. Well, what does that say (though it was about events etc. and culture) it says they also want to play their own 'enthnicity' Now, are they racist? hm? You guys never fail to not see your own hypocrisy.

    ETA: Actually making fun of 'tourists' (especially of the Japanese by putting them in baseball caps and flowered shirts is very much stereotyping tourists. Don't get on a high horse or moral one when we see the game is making fun of tourists by putting them in those outfits. Give me a break. Politically correct? my 🌺🌺🌺🌺.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    Selios wrote: »
    i don't think you're racist. but probably the reason why people are saying you are is because your title (in combination with the original post) kind of makes a claim that only white people aren't foreigners, which barring any politically incorrect mumbo jumbo, is just plain incorrect.

    "Foreigner is not the word to use here. If you are upset that there aren't enough white sims, then just say that. There's nothing wrong with it.

    Where I come from we have the right for free speech to express our dislikes without ending up in jail.
    The word "foreign" is a wide and popular/common saying and really not paired with discriminated feelings/meanings behind it.
    Even politician use it.
    Using the word foreign does not express hate nor a racist attitude in my eyes, it never had and never will.
    Even I am a foreigner to other countries.
    The Topic is "too many of one kind in my game" mainly.
    What some of the Simmers here made of this thread is out of my hand."

    And to be honest, I don't care what you'll think of me.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

    ...SNIP...

    Uninstalling CL stops the game crashing and game freezing if you aren't aware. I* don't care what they look like but there is a problem with the name generator. And you know what, there is nothing wrong with wanting to play your own 'ethnicity' or Drake wouldn't have stated their German fans feel left out...go figure, also their international fans. Well, what does that say (though it was about events etc. and culture) it says they also want to play their own 'enthnicity' Now, are they racist? hm? You guys never fail to not see your own hypocrisy.

    ETA: Actually making fun of 'tourists' (especially of the Japanese by putting them in baseball caps and flowered shirts is very much stereotyping tourists. Don't get on a high horse or moral one when we see the game is making fun of tourists by putting them in those outfits. Give me a break. Politically correct? my plum.

    THIS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ♥
    My game now runs just fine without CL. - Now my Rasta, Vampire and "German" Sims can have a feast lol ;)

    ETA: Deleting the EP was a good choice because it also got rid of lots of bugs..

    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,789 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

    ...SNIP...

    Uninstalling CL stops the game crashing and game freezing if you aren't aware. I* don't care what they look like but there is a problem with the name generator. And you know what, there is nothing wrong with wanting to play your own 'ethnicity' or Drake wouldn't have stated their German fans feel left out...go figure, also their international fans. Well, what does that say (though it was about events etc. and culture) it says they also want to play their own 'enthnicity' Now, are they racist? hm? You guys never fail to not see your own hypocrisy.

    THIS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ♥
    My game now runs just fine without CL. - Now my Rasta, Vampire and "German" Sims can have a feast lol ;)

    It is one pack I wish I had skipped. But now it's so intertwined with my save (the objects etc.) I can't actually uninstall it. But yes, it would stop the freezing and crashing even when not in that world.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

    ...SNIP...

    Uninstalling CL stops the game crashing and game freezing if you aren't aware. I* don't care what they look like but there is a problem with the name generator. And you know what, there is nothing wrong with wanting to play your own 'ethnicity' or Drake wouldn't have stated their German fans feel left out...go figure, also their international fans. Well, what does that say (though it was about events etc. and culture) it says they also want to play their own 'enthnicity' Now, are they racist? hm? You guys never fail to not see your own hypocrisy.

    THIS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ♥
    My game now runs just fine without CL. - Now my Rasta, Vampire and "German" Sims can have a feast lol ;)

    It is one pack I wish I had skipped. But now it's so intertwined with my save (the objects etc.) I can't actually uninstall it. But yes, it would stop the freezing and crashing even when not in that world.

    Well yes, but for me it was a good choice to make since I really did not play in nor with the pack. Too many bugs in the City.
    Just think of the overlapping festivals etc. I was in the City just a couple of times. After reading about all the bugs that ppl had living there, I'd never played there again. So for me it was really just a waste of time and money.

    Sure some of the clothings and furnitures I used are gone, but they were all easily to replace since I create my own stuff (mostly).

    ETA: After deleting and fixing my Sims and houses I started a new save and I'm happy the game generates correct names again.

    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    edited April 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »

    ...SNIP...

    ...One person even uninstalled the entire EP, LOL. I mean, really, who could not laugh at that? :D

    Oh there are much more Simmers who deleted CL long before I even wrote something about it.
    I'm just one of the very few who's not afraid say it out loud why. :D

    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,789 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

    ...SNIP...

    Uninstalling CL stops the game crashing and game freezing if you aren't aware. I* don't care what they look like but there is a problem with the name generator. And you know what, there is nothing wrong with wanting to play your own 'ethnicity' or Drake wouldn't have stated their German fans feel left out...go figure, also their international fans. Well, what does that say (though it was about events etc. and culture) it says they also want to play their own 'enthnicity' Now, are they racist? hm? You guys never fail to not see your own hypocrisy.

    THIS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ♥
    My game now runs just fine without CL. - Now my Rasta, Vampire and "German" Sims can have a feast lol ;)

    It is one pack I wish I had skipped. But now it's so intertwined with my save (the objects etc.) I can't actually uninstall it. But yes, it would stop the freezing and crashing even when not in that world.

    Well yes, but for me it was a good choice to make since I really did not play in nor with the pack. Too many bugs in the City.
    Just think of the overlapping festivals etc. I was in the City just a couple of times. After reading about all the bugs that ppl had living there, I'd never played there again. So for me it was really just a waste of time and money.

    Sure some of the clothings and furnitures I used are gone, but they were all easily to replace since I create my own stuff (mostly).

    ETA: After deleting and fixing my Sims and houses I started a new save and I'm happy the game generates correct names again.

    I know, my Sims hadn't lived there two days until it started crashing. They are aware of this problem but have no idea when they may fix it. It also causes lag and freezing. Not just crashing in other parts of the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

    ...SNIP...

    Uninstalling CL stops the game crashing and game freezing if you aren't aware. I* don't care what they look like but there is a problem with the name generator. And you know what, there is nothing wrong with wanting to play your own 'ethnicity' or Drake wouldn't have stated their German fans feel left out...go figure, also their international fans. Well, what does that say (though it was about events etc. and culture) it says they also want to play their own 'enthnicity' Now, are they racist? hm? You guys never fail to not see your own hypocrisy.

    THIS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! ♥
    My game now runs just fine without CL. - Now my Rasta, Vampire and "German" Sims can have a feast lol ;)

    It is one pack I wish I had skipped. But now it's so intertwined with my save (the objects etc.) I can't actually uninstall it. But yes, it would stop the freezing and crashing even when not in that world.

    Well yes, but for me it was a good choice to make since I really did not play in nor with the pack. Too many bugs in the City.
    Just think of the overlapping festivals etc. I was in the City just a couple of times. After reading about all the bugs that ppl had living there, I'd never played there again. So for me it was really just a waste of time and money.

    Sure some of the clothings and furnitures I used are gone, but they were all easily to replace since I create my own stuff (mostly).

    ETA: After deleting and fixing my Sims and houses I started a new save and I'm happy the game generates correct names again.

    I know, my Sims hadn't lived there two days until it started crashing. They are aware of this problem but have no idea when they may fix it. It also causes lag and freezing. Not just crashing in other parts of the game.

    Oh yes I know. Lag and freezing was the worst part because of this pack. If EA ever decides to "fix" the CL Bugs and to an equal level/cultural diversity, then I will re-install it.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,325 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd like to thank @Cinebar and @LuvMySimz for cyberstalking me in my other thread. Not only did you reveal your true nature, the fact that the two of you magically appear "in tandem" suggests that you're really one person using sock accounts.

    Word of advice, if you want to cover your tracks in using a sock, have the intelligence to at least space your posts apart. Don't post as Sock A, Sock B, Sock A, B, A, B, A. It's a huge giveaway.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited April 2017
    charcoug wrote: »
    oh no, for once white people aren't being the major population in a game! Its so crazy that other races didn't start shouting about how there were to much before! lol

    I still don't think the issue is/was, that there spawned too many of one kind or another. The issue with City Life is/was that it obviously didn't suit most computers. Other players than me have uninstalled CL, because of lagging, crashing and spawning. I for one doesn't mind the color of the sims. I love diversity, and especially diversity is/was lagging when I had CL installed, because I had too many weird looking sims among the unplayed families all the time. That doesn't go for the skin color of the sims but for weird names and ugly sims.
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    ...One person even uninstalled the entire EP, LOL. I mean, really, who could not laugh at that? :D

    @ts1depot If you're talking about me, I uninstalled the EP for various other reasons which I stated in my thread about buyer's remorse. Even if you're not talking about me, talking behind someone's back like that is actually quite rude. I'm pretty sure of me (or whoever you were laughing at) and you, you're the person that should be looked down at because apparently you can be politically correct but not polite.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I'd like to thank @Cinebar and @LuvMySimz for cyberstalking me in my other thread. Not only did you reveal your true nature, the fact that the two of you magically appear "in tandem" suggests that you're really one person using sock accounts.

    Word of advice, if you want to cover your tracks in using a sock, have the intelligence to at least space your posts apart. Don't post as Sock A, Sock B, Sock A, B, A, B, A. It's a huge giveaway.

    If I had your great imagination I'd probably never deleted CL :D
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    charcoug wrote: »
    oh no, for once white people aren't being the major population in a game! Its so crazy that other races didn't start shouting about how there were to much before! lol

    I still don't think the issue is/was, that there spawned too many of one kind or another. The issue with City Life is/was that it obviously didn't suit most computers. Other players than me have uninstalled CL, because of lagging, crashing and spawning. I for one doesn't mind the color of the sims. I love diversity, and especially diversity is/was lagging when I had CL installed, because I had too many weird looking sims among the unplayed families all the time. That doesn't go for the skin color of the sims but for weird names and ugly sims.
    Erica87 wrote: »
    ts1depot wrote: »
    ...One person even uninstalled the entire EP, LOL. I mean, really, who could not laugh at that? :D

    @ts1depot If you're talking about me, I uninstalled the EP for various other reasons which I stated in my thread about buyer's remorse. Even if you're not talking about me, talking behind someone's back like that is actually quite rude. I'm pretty sure of me (or whoever you were laughing at) and you, you're the person that should be looked down at because apparently you can be politically correct but not polite.

    You just go ahead and ignore such posts.
    It doesn't matter for what reason anybody deletes a pack. That is actually not of anybodys business.
    I too deleted it and I'm happy now! No justification needed to no one here.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Selios wrote: »
    i don't think you're racist. but probably the reason why people are saying you are is because your title (in combination with the original post) kind of makes a claim that only white people aren't foreigners, which barring any politically incorrect mumbo jumbo, is just plain incorrect.

    "Foreigner is not the word to use here. If you are upset that there aren't enough white sims, then just say that. There's nothing wrong with it.

    Where I come from we have the right for free speech to express our dislikes without ending up in jail.
    The word "foreign" is a wide and popular/common saying and really not paired with discriminated feelings/meanings behind it.
    Even politician use it.
    Using the word foreign does not express hate nor a racist attitude in my eyes, it never had and never will.
    Even I am a foreigner to other countries.
    The Topic is "too many of one kind in my game" mainly.
    What some of the Simmers here made of this thread is out of my hand."

    And to be honest, I don't care what you'll think of me.

    I never said you could not use your free speech (although it doesn't apply on forum boards, but whatever), you can say the sky is green for all I care, it doesn't turn an incorrect statement into a correct one.
    A foreigner is someone from another country. A white person can be a foreigner and someone who isn't white can be native.
    Politicians use the word to correctly refer to people who are foreign.
    All I'm saying is that, it's probably crushing to some people that they could spend their entire lives living in a country, and still be considered a foreigner by the likes of you because they aren't white. :/

  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited April 2017
    charcoug wrote: »
    oh no, for once white people aren't being the major population in a game! Its so crazy that other races didn't start shouting about how there were to much before! lol

    Actually you are wrong about this...people have been shouting about missing cultural diversity for years (hair, clothin etc.). And there are lot of players who only make sims from their culture because it´s their style. I have been bashed for playing with fantasy characters by people who do not like seeing creatures in the game. I don´t know how EA can please everyone so I just modify the town for my liking and let others live and play what they want. It´s a good thing that they have now brought more diversity in the game but also people have the right to play as they please.

    But...to OP of this thread, maybe you should change the title having more neutral tone to it. Someone who has better suggestion to what the title should be so it would not offend anyone. I don´t think this offensive and I get the point, but it would be polite towards people who are sensitive about it if you would change the title to something else...just saying no offence.
    Post edited by Jadeleine on
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    ts1depot wrote: »
    ...One person even uninstalled the entire EP, LOL. I mean, really, who could not laugh at that? :D

    @ts1depot If you're talking about me, I uninstalled the EP for various other reasons which I stated in my thread about buyer's remorse. Even if you're not talking about me, talking behind someone's back like that is actually quite rude. I'm pretty sure of me (or whoever you were laughing at) and you, you're the person that should be looked down at because apparently you can be politically correct but not polite.

    You can add me, too. Weird looking sims wasn't the only reason why I uninstalled CL. And yes, it's rude to talk/laugh at other people behind their back.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    charcoug wrote: »
    oh no, for once white people aren't being the major population in a game! Its so crazy that other races didn't start shouting about how there were to much before! lol

    Actually you are wrong about this...people have been shouting about missing cultural diversity for years (hair, clothin etc.). And there are lot of players who only make sims from their culture because it´s their style. I have been bashed for playing with fantasy characters by people who do not like seeing creatures in the game. I don´t know how EA can please everyone so I just modify the town for my liking and let others live and play what they want. It´s a good thing that they have now brought more diversity in the game but also people have the right to play as they please.

    But...to OP of this thread, maybe you should change the title having more neutral tone to it. Someone who has better suggestion to what the title should be so it would not offend anyone. I don´t think this offensive and I get the point, but it would be polite towards people who are sensitive about it if you would change the title to something else...just saying no offence.

    Why should I ? - It wouldn't change all the nasty mocking comments already made.
    And It doesn't really matter what the title is because people will always find something to complain.
    If their Ego want to feel bad about something it will, no matter how you put it.
    Only people with bad ulterior motives will feel offended. Bogus attitudes and mocking comments has proved it.
    And this thread was just the perfect target for them to vent their RL frustrations.

    If the title was so inappropriate the thread would've been long closed. I suggest people stick to the GAME RELATED subject and stop exaggerating and compairing "game issues" with their real life problems.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 541 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    ts1depot wrote: »
    ...One person even uninstalled the entire EP, LOL. I mean, really, who could not laugh at that? :D

    @ts1depot If you're talking about me, I uninstalled the EP for various other reasons which I stated in my thread about buyer's remorse. Even if you're not talking about me, talking behind someone's back like that is actually quite rude. I'm pretty sure of me (or whoever you were laughing at) and you, you're the person that should be looked down at because apparently you can be politically correct but not polite.

    You can add me, too. Weird looking sims wasn't the only reason why I uninstalled CL. And yes, it's rude to talk/laugh at other people behind their back.

    Didn't you know? The most attention that those sort of ppl get is behind their screens ;)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

  • KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Oh lord this thread is a train wreck :lol: honestly I think OP just worded their original comment badly. I don't think that they meant that they only want white sims. It seems to me that they were trying to say that the game only spawns Indian/Asian sims/names, which I do agree is a problem. Not because Indian or Asian people are bad, but because the game isn't really... diverse, is it? I feel like it should have a mix of all different kinds of sim/sim names-not just a couple, which is what I think the OP has an issue with.

    I could be wrong, though, and I may be putting words in the OPs mouth. Apologies if I did.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,118 Member
    This thread has given me an idea I am going to try out. I confess that I do have preferences for types of the Sims I tend to play so....

    Each of the worlds will have it's own ethnic majority and all of that type will be moved there. It will be enjoyable to play about with all the different types of face and colour in CAS as I can get stuck with my own personal preferences and the same face type. Any townies will be tourists out of their area.

    I am now off to the Gallery to start a new game and looking for houses to suit.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 3,673 Member
    Honestly, this is one of the most annoying things in the game for me right now. Look I don't have a problem with diversity but it is no longer diverse when all of the sims generated have an ethnic name that some of us cannot pronounce.

    It is just another thing I feel like I don't have control over. I usually play my game pretty diverse but this is bananas. I don't understand why everything has to be so excessive in the Sims series. Nothing is ever subtle.

    This also wouldn't bother me as much if I had a delete all unplayed household button. Clicking on each household and deleting them one by one is also driving me bananas.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top