Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Sure. I think we should close up for new members after @Bugsie2016 though. It's getting kimda crowded. I think this is the biggest reading circle yet.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Must be his twin and don't ask about the hair, I don't have the pack or whatever you use for his usual hair and this was the closest and wait how would you know the exact distance. Have you been stalking Tony again?

The Meatball hair as I lovingly call it comes with Get Together Pack.

I don't need to stalk Tony, we are one. He lives in my head. I write him the way he is attractive to me which does not need to work for everyone. In my story there are several male characters and each of them represents something I like about men. Tony is a witty smoothtalker, passionate, a bit mysterious and dangerous. He's the adventure we all dream about sometimes. Then there's Terry - gentle, caring, gifted with a moral sense, always trying to do the right thing. And Chris - who needs a loving woman who will mend his tortured soul. He's for those of us who feel the need to "fix" people with love once in a while. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Uploaded some cheer poses that I did for Sterretjeee's most recent chapter of her Grace Legacy.

poses%2Bprint.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I'm so angry at sims 4 right now. I try taking screenshots of my sims and half the neighbourhood walks in and I can't make them leave. Need to remember to lock the doors next time.
  • Options
    I'm so angry at sims 4 right now. I try taking screenshots of my sims and half the neighbourhood walks in and I can't make them leave. Need to remember to lock the doors next time.

If you have City Living you can set the trait of the house in building mode to "Private Dwelling". It should help too.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Maladi777 Thanks, I was using a different lot to their house (not gonna explain why just yet), so I just set the lot to residential and moved them in. I hate it when MCC Command centre decideds its not gonna work. But thanks again and heres some photos, i'm not gonna explain just yet. Feel free to caption them.
    Marvin.
    04-27-17_11-07-25nbspPM_zpsspbkxs6e.png

Jenna.
    04-27-17_11-07-29nbspPM_zpsmukqt76i.png

Chloe.
    04-27-17_11-07-32nbspPM_zpsy919gefv.png
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 Okay.

May I ask you to put the images under spoiler tags if you post more than one? If there are too many pictures it takes more time for them to load for some people, especially when they browse the forums on their phones. Thank you!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    All fixed
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    And as a bonus I've got Tony moodboard for you...

tumblr_ooyzhsvai91v6rdbso1_r1_500.png
    @Maladi777 That moodboard is amazing! I think it really captures Tony and all that represents him! Also love that touch of red.

@Bugsie2016 Welcome to the circle! So nice to finally have a full circle with active members again <3
    I'll hopefully soon will get to catch up with your story! Life is busy though, so maybe it won't be super soon. But soon!
    I really like the angles you used in your pictures!
  • Options
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    @Bugsie2016
    Welcome Bugsie! I look forwards to reading your stories ^^
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2017
    New Bachelorette!

Post edited by swcheppes on
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options

@LillyDoves Thanks. I hope you don't get too bored. :D Sidenote: I generally discuss other people's stories.
    Nothing interesting, below, please don't read the first spoiler unless you want to get bored.
    I'm gonna explain here why in the last week i've been posting here, I don't post very much about them. First, i'm discussing other stories. Second, there's nothing really going on in them to start up a conversation on. Third, I don't update a lot of the time and if i'm talking about them then I feel guilty. Finally, some can be pretty boring (from my point of view, i'm not performing my best when writing certain stories) and I like to avoid the awkward discussions (I hate waiting for the judgement/responses on my own work, as I'm worried people will call it terrible. etc. I have no backing for this it's just who I am and have been since I was around 10 yrs old and I know most people here won't say that, but I can't quite tell myself that.) (This is why I usually read each post twice before posting it, anyone else do that? It doesn't stop me forgetting stuff though, like adding spoilers when neccesary.) (I literally just reread this three or four times)

For once, I have a favour to ask from any willing person.
    Someone, remind me to actually finish the latest chapter of Burton Legacy,as i'm not gonna do it otherwise. And sorry in advance if I'm posting a lot on monday, gonna try and stay distracted for the first half of my day. (I promise it's actually a holiday and not me just planning to stay at home.)

Slightly off topic: Anyone ever take one of those age guessing quizzes? I took one the other week, and it was years off (and I don't meant two or three, more like 15 years off.) I then took another the other day and it gave me 3 years off. In fairness it was sim themed.
  • Options
    @LillyDoves Thanks. I hope you don't get too bored. :D Sidenote: I generally discuss other people's stories.
    Nothing interesting, below, please don't read the first spoiler unless you want to get bored.
    I'm gonna explain here why in the last week i've been posting here, I don't post very much about them. First, i'm discussing other stories. Second, there's nothing really going on in them to start up a conversation on. Third, I don't update a lot of the time and if i'm talking about them then I feel guilty. Finally, some can be pretty boring (from my point of view, i'm not performing my best when writing certain stories) and I like to avoid the awkward discussions (I hate waiting for the judgement/responses on my own work, as I'm worried people will call it terrible. etc. I have no backing for this it's just who I am and have been since I was around 10 yrs old and I know most people here won't say that, but I can't quite tell myself that.) (This is why I usually read each post twice before posting it, anyone else do that? It doesn't stop me forgetting stuff though, like adding spoilers when neccesary.) (I literally just reread this three or four times)

For once, I have a favour to ask from any willing person.
    Someone, remind me to actually finish the latest chapter of Burton Legacy,as i'm not gonna do it otherwise. And sorry in advance if I'm posting a lot on monday, gonna try and stay distracted for the first half of my day. (I promise it's actually a holiday and not me just planning to stay at home.)

Slightly off topic: Anyone ever take one of those age guessing quizzes? I took one the other week, and it was years off (and I don't meant two or three, more like 15 years off.) I then took another the other day and it gave me 3 years off. In fairness it was sim themed.

@Bugsie2016 I'm sure you're work isn't terrible! Or boring! I think everyone feels like they don't want to know what people think but sometimes criticism is helpful if it's constructive that is.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Question for the weekend:

Do you have a specific color, shape or pattern assigned to your characters when it comes to clothes?

I tend to pick green or blue for Kellie. Tony was, is and always will be wearing black color unless forced by circumstances to wear something else. Raven wears black, red, purple and preferably of asymmetrical style. Beryl most often wore light blue color. Chris is wearing dark colors - dark blue, dark green, brown, black. Emily wears light pastel colors.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Do you have a specific color, shape or pattern assigned to your characters when it comes to clothes?
    Not really, whatever suits them is fine with me. I don't like giving myself limits as I change them a lot over time. To be fair, I probably would if I had more clothing options (Base game and Bowling right now)
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Alex: Black. He's a Goth, and he's not Bella(red), so he wears black!
    Brielle: Red or light blue. At first, red was representative to show she might've been the "next Bella," but yeah. Blue to match her eyes.
    Drake: Black. (see Alex)
    Emily: Black. Sometimes red, especially in certain circumstances...
    Ethan: Earthy colors, but he also looks good in red.
    Graham: Blue. He started out that way, and "good" guys wear blue. (funny how the pic used in the banner doesn't back this up)
    Isabella (well, eventually): Pink or light blue because she's cutesy, girlie.

Upcoming background character named Violet: green. It matches her nickname, which will be revealed later.
    I just had to include that because it's funny.

Claire wears whatever, just not red.
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    @Maladi777 Do you have a specific color, shape or pattern assigned to your characters when it comes to clothes?

Oh yes, I definitely do! :lol:
    I started with Blue by dressing him.... Blue! A lot :lol: And sometimes grays.
    Sophia wears purple mostly, it matches her first hair colour.
    Troian and Tatum both got stuck in browns and purples.
    Farrah is blue, like her father. Light blue in her younger years and dark blue later on.

I don't have colours for Margo and Graham yet, they'll both wear a lot of green since they represent their school in games.
    I love a dash of pink on Margo, though
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Well ladies hello. I am thinking of joining this but am a bit confused. Which story do I read and do I post one of my own? I realise this is Saturday but I am taking a chance that someone will skip along and help me out. B)
  • Options
    @CalebFillion Hi! :) To join the circle you have to have at least one simlit story of your own. You read all the stories linked on the first page, wich means one per author.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @CalebFillion Hey, yeah she's right. Once you get going it's really easy to continue with a story!

@Maladi777 Do you have a specific color, shape or pattern assigned to your characters when it comes to clothes?
    Well with Juniper, and her ever changing hair styles, I try to have her wear whatever works for her. But Isobel wears mostly green and her style is mostly tomboy-ish outfits. Serene, is the girly girl in family so she is pink and purple dresses.
    Post edited by LillyDoves on
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Totally off topic, but I have to let this out somewhere:
    Just sent off my resume to get a script supervisor job. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope I get it. It's a non-union position, which is the perfect jumping-off spot for me considering you have to work the job before you can join the union yet you can't hardly find a job if you're not in the union. I hate Catch-22s, but that's life. So, I HOPE I GET IT.

--you may now return to your regularly-scheduled program--
  • Options

For some of them I do. Tony obviously wears black. gray and blue sometimes. Very few things look good with Mika's red hair so she often wears some shade of blue and when she was younger (pre Apocalypse) she wore pink and white. Damien used to wear purple but now wears very earthy colours. Charlie wears a lot of black like her father but often wears purple as well. (Mostly because she rocks purple lipstick so i mach her outfits with it.) Eric wear black and red and Sam wears green. Diana wears purple and I'm still figuring Leonard out.
  • Options

I'm not sure if I should share the link but I have officially found a story i'm not bored with writing yet, for now. This has taken many attempts, so i'll post this before I change my mind about it. Also, planned the next 2 chapters for once, normally it's just how I feel on the day. I'm sharing a picture and that's it for now.
    04-29-17_2-38-33nbspPM_zpskuh2u7xs.png
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Question for the weekend:

For the Disney characters I try and give them outfits that are similar to their movie counterparts. This usually means keeping to the same color scheme. Marie in Aristocrats is white with a pink bow, so all of my Marie's outfits are white and pink. As for my Super Dating characters there is no specifics I just put them in clothes I wear or I feel like they wear in real life.
    suRdkSd.jpg