Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    Yeah. Another weekend question!

How does everyone implement their flashbacks? Do you use flashbacks in your story?

Good question. I implement flashbacks and dreams. I edit the screenshots so they look different than the regular ones. Best way to do that is make the dreams or flashbacks black and white. Then you don't need to warn the readers: here comes the flashback; they will take the hint. ;)

ViLAzN5.jpg

I do flashbacks a lot .. sometimes I just fade them to white but my fav is to make the photo look vintage with a nice filter

1lHan5H.jpg

In this one since it was a bit of a dark time I used a ripped dark border

CukxxhW.jpg

This one was a very dark time too ..

0sWWsbl.png

I will quit bombarding you with pics :) Mostly I would say do what feels good to you :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    Nice pictures! Okay, new weekend question!

How many chapters do you have your characters before they age up to a teen or toddler or adult or young adult?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Just got the results from my straw poll. Know need to think of a personality for a character I am yet to write about. Any suggestions? I already have a hotheaded character, so that's out.
  • Options
    Hmm, you could try an ambitious and noncommittal personality. That would be interesting to see how it plays out! It's completely up to you though, whatever works with your story!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Here's Vincent from his twin brothers POV, i've decided for the sake of the story, i'm not going to straw poll this. I have a base for his brothers personality but Vincent I just don't know.
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    How many chapters do you have your characters before they age up to a teen or toddler or adult or young adult?]

No limit. However many I need to tell the story. I've done a generation in as little as 14 chapters, and I have a generation that isn't quite finished at 78. As I've written, CR is at 60 something and continuing to climb. I do think that's a little high, but I'm not going to force myself to cut some things out just because. I'm letting the story tell itself.
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Nice pictures! Okay, new weekend question!

How many chapters do you have your characters before they age up to a teen or toddler or adult or young adult?

I have aging turned off. They age up when I allow it! (Yes, you have to wait, Celeste.)

@Bugsie2016 Are you looking for any personality? Jealous Hotheat should be interesting. Haven't that one in my story yet. I think Zayne from Ashes 2 Ashes is one.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    I got two chapters going up today, time to finish the first, then work on my favourite, that I have been planning for a few days.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Maladi777 Suprisingly that's Claude all over. Also need suggestions for a nickname for claude.
    There is going to be so much drama when they become teens. I might have to be a bit mean to them, not too mean though. I leave them alone for the first 10 years but after that who knows. Might have to think up a reason Claude would be jealous.
    Don't read if you're reading the story so far.
    I have Claude's personality outline, he's basically gonna spend his teen years on blicblock (all the time), jealous of his brother who is outgoing and fun to be around, while he's a bit boring and is ignored, maybe some jealousy over other stuff.
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Erin decides it's time to reprioritize her life in this chapter of Super Dating <3

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2017
    How does everyone implement their flashbacks? Do you use flashbacks in your story?

I haven't used many flashbacks but I guess if I did I would probably grey out the image or give it a faded look. Anytime maybe story has done something in the past I just make sure to describe it in my writing.

When you first create a character,gain a character or a character is born, when do you decide their personality/what they are like/how they think?

I lot of my characters are based on real people or characters in the real world. So a lot of their personalities are already set. For new characters that are not based on anyone I usually have an idea of what a role they will be playing in my story and base their personality on that.

I do my chapters very organically. I have a giant folder for my story with all my images and when it's time to write a new chapter I go through it and just cut it off where I feel it works best. It's not planned out. I don't have a specific amount determine for that.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for their answers. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has specific colors in mind for different characters.

@CalebFillion I noticed you've been reading and commenting on my story. Thank you! I hope you're enjoying it. You are slowly getting to more interesting parts. ;)

yep, I have and I am enjoying it quite a bit too. I like that you are not so "wordy", lol. Wish I had seen your request though, I love making sims.
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    @CalebFillion Hey, yeah she's right. Once you get going it's really easy to continue with a story!

So I have started with the first one, The Heffners? So got that going. And you want me to do a story of my own. Ooo, boy! I can give it a shot but it will have to be after I get done with at least one of your stories, you women are busy bees! LOL!

• Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @CalebFillion Hey, yeah she's right. Once you get going it's really easy to continue with a story!

So I have started with the first one, The Heffners? So got that going. And you want me to do a story of my own. Ooo, boy! I can give it a shot but it will have to be after I get done with at least one of your stories, you women are busy bees! LOL!

Ha! We make it fun though!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    @LillyDoves @Bugsie2016 Awesome that you guys came up with some questions <3

In the past I dedicated entire chapters to the flashback with 'flashback' in Italics underneath the chapter-title. I hope to alter the pictures to look different from the rest in the future!

When you first create a character,gain a character or a character is born, when do you decide their personality/what they are like/how they think?
    Characters I introduce myself, like some friends and spouses, are also fleshed out by me before I introduce them. I usually have a pretty strong idea of how I want them to be.
    The born in-game characters their personalities are a mix of what I had in mind and what their traits will be.

This depends so much on what I have planned! I think Margo and Graham will have to longest teenage-years yet!
    I have aging off ever since Sophia and Blue almost aged up to elders (For the second time, after their youth-potion)

@CalebFillion I don't believe I have properly welcomed you yet, so a big warm welcome to our circle!
    Take your time catching up, they're all quite some works! And don't feel obligated to start your own story, we'd love it if you do but you don't have to if you don't want to :)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    So nice to see that this circle had been so active <3

I will answer all the questions now.

Colors:

Sometimes. Evian wears purple and black. My amazons often nature colours and earth tones. But most of the time I just take what fits best for them.

Flashbacks:

I am most of the time too lazy to change them. I could but yeah too lazy.

Characters and personality:

They have their personality already before they are born or even before their parents are born. I have already my amazons completely planned through just as Angel in the darkness. So I already know what I need. There is no space for letting them be different than planned.

Chapters:

As much as I need. There is no minimum or maximum.
  • Options
    @CalebFillion Hi! I am the thread keeper (I still think this sound so cool Hehe) and it is nice to have you here. I don't know if everyone is okay with getting another member. But I guess so. I will add you to the front page then.

@TheGeekGamez @LillyDoves @mypalsim1 @CalebFillion we need a new hunk for May for our calendar. Since you are new in this thread would someone of you like to make it for this month?
  • Options
    @everyone I have been a bit away from the forums and I was in a different universe called Netflix. I watched the first season Dexter and still seven more seasons to go. However, I will make a catch up day with all your stories hopefully tomorrow. Expect a few comments ;)

Also, here is a new chapter from my amazons.
    2 years later
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I'm in trouble with myself. I haven't started on my next chapter yet and it's 10:10pm. I always do half the work the day before. I'm probably gonna hate myself tomorrow because it means more work on my extra day off. I'm open for questons all day tomorrow. But I have one for now:
    How long do you leave your characters in a 'happy' stage?
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    @CalebFillion Hi! I am the thread keeper (I still think this sound so cool Hehe) and it is nice to have you here. I don't know if everyone is okay with getting another member. But I guess so. I will add you to the front page then.

@TheGeekGamez @LillyDoves @mypalsim1 @CalebFillion we need a new hunk for May for our calendar. Since you are new in this thread would someone of you like to make it for this month?

I don't know if I'm the best at making hot little simmies haha; I'm still trying to make Isobels future lover. Who will ultimately cause so much drama cause boys do that (most of them anyways, there are good ones!)
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    I thought it would be interesting and to explain some stuff for next chapter, if I answered 3 questions, all from myself to myself. So.
    What is Chloe's actual name?
    Her name is Cameron.
    Why do I always capitalise on the 'A' in aunt?
    That is to avoid spoilers of her Aunt's actually name because she's gonna call her by her original name not the new one.
    Where are Chloe's parents?
    They got seperate from chloe and her aunt in a situation which will be explained in a flashback later on.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Marialein wrote: »

I think @mypalsim1 should supply a nice screenshot of Graham for our calendar. ;)

I've been really missing you around here @Marialein :(
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Maladi777 I'm glad no one suggested I should do it. Don't even bother doing it, just cause I pointed it out. I have to work on my next chapter or it means a lot more work tomorrow. Probably not gonna get much work done but still.

Also, i'm banning myself from any further weather discussions, I'll be here all day complaining we had 3 days of on and off rain earlier last week and now it's mild. England weather is like a kid in a candy shop it just can't decide.(It's also unpredictable.) LOL.

I should not be an advertiser for holidays in this country. I would get fired on the first day. Enough of the weather though.
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on