Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    Hey, slightly off topic but still slightly on topic. Is anyone good at making sims? I need two teenagers, male and female for later in my story.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited April 2017
    Not the greatest but I could give it a go. Any specifics. Also note, I only have base game and Bowling, so if you need clothes from other packs you would have to either do that yoursef or have someone else give them a makeover.
  • Options
    The only specifics I can think of is that the male can't black hair and he can't have noncommital trait, also, he should have the romantic trait. Haha, but you have creative freedom with everything else and the female, too.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Ok, what # should I put them under.
  • Options
    #BayFamily ^^
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Ok,I'm gonna upload now.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Thanks everyone for their answers. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has specific colors in mind for different characters.

@CalebFillion I noticed you've been reading and commenting on my story. Thank you! I hope you're enjoying it. You are slowly getting to more interesting parts. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Ok Chapters One and Two of my new story. I will warn you that there is a lot that isn't explained here but will be explained as the story progresses.
  • Options
    @LillyDove
    Here's the pair.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks! They look really good!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Thanks. You don't want to know how much facial surgery they had lol.
  • Options
    Lol, they look good. Good job, surgeon!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Ok. Back on topic. Since this is a reading circle, i'll post the link to my first Saturday Sneak Peak. Will be back with a link.
  • Options
    Yeah. Another weekend question!

How does everyone implement their flashbacks? Do you use flashbacks in your story?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    How does everyone implement their flashbacks? Do you use flashbacks in your story?
    I haven't done any yet but spoiler for an upcoming chapter (maybe 3 weeks- a month)
    might involve kinda borrowing Maladi's last flashback but minus the meaning
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    LillyDoves wrote: »

Good question. I implement flashbacks and dreams. I edit the screenshots so they look different than the regular ones. Best way to do that is make the dreams or flashbacks black and white. Then you don't need to warn the readers: here comes the flashback; they will take the hint. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Yep. What Maladi said. If nothing else, I'll drop the saturation and give it a grainy look, possibly with a vignette too.
    5.png
  • Options
    Ok, new weekend question.
    When you first create a character,gain a character or a character is born, when do you decide their personality/what they are like/how they think?
  • Options
    Good question! Usually, I already have an idea of where I want the character to go. For example: I knew that Isobel wasn't going to be really girly but her sister Serene is. Which creates nice foil characters that totally work together. Especially when their mother is kind of not the best at commitment. So I guess, planning?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    When you first create a character,gain a character or a character is born, when do you decide their personality/what they are like/how they think?

My characters are created before they are even born! I am already creating Generation three in my head and the sims will change according to the plan in my head, not the other way around.
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »

I haven't yet, but I will in the future. a sepia filter or black and white does the job for me.
  • Options
    Time for my answer.
    I usually create their personality, while in CAS and for later sims, I imagine what they would be like and if they are a twin, one of them usually has a clashing personality with the other.
  • Options
    Mostly what @TheGeekGamez already said. When the need of a new character arises I like to ask my readers for submissions. For some reason I love writing characters other people created. Maybe because I look at them with fresh eyes. The legacy family is a whole different matter. I can't replace them I have to think up a story for them as they come. I have to be ready for boys and girls when they are born. For a long time I didn't know what to do with Celeste for instance. Now I can't wait for her to become a teenager and amaze everyone with her personality.
    I usually roll traits at random and decide their personality accordingly. Using the traits to flesh out the characters is lots of fun and as far as I know some of the best simlit writers do it as well.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Also, the next chapter has been posted!
    Because Time Just Flies doesn't it?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic