Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Do you guys post your stories other places then in the forum? I want to reach more readers but dont known what other platforms to use.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited April 2017
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Do you guys post your stories other places then in the forum? I want to reach more readers but dont known what other platforms to use.

I use Tumblr and Twitter. Twitter has no effect but I'm starting to pick some readers on Tumblr slowly.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »

I use Tumblr and Twitter. Twitter has no effect but I'm starting to pick some readers on Tumblr slowly.

Do you post links on Tumblr to each chapter or do you but the whole chapter on there?
    suRdkSd.jpg

Do you post links on Tumblr to each chapter or do you but the whole chapter on there?

Just links.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm beginning to wonder how difficult it would be to teach myself how to do real animations using Blender. I mean, I have all this knowledge now of how to properly shoot and edit film. Who's to say I can't do it in Sims? The hard part would be to get the voice overs. Hm.
    Just thinking.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    well, volunteers and friends are a thing. Maybe some professionals if you are willing to go that far.
    @mypalsim1 Ohh, animations are beautiful. When I saw one particular I had to test it myself. And it makes the characters look so real!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited April 2017
    Yep. That's exactly what I mean. I could do loads of little clips and put them together. That does make me think that I should check and see what's already out there, especially given that it used to be that the only way to do poses was with replacement animation, right?

edit: By clips I mean snippets of a shot.
    2nd edit: The tough part would be matching the mouth movements to the voiceover.
    Well, if you plan to make videos it could be useful, but for storytelling purposes the poses are sufficient. That's why there are still more poses than animations. I like to watch animations, but if I want to take a screenhot I have to pause it anyway, so what's the difference from a pose then?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Well, if you plan to make videos it could be useful, but for storytelling purposes the poses are sufficient. That's why there are still more poses than animations. I like to watch animations, but if I want to take a screenhot I have to pause it anyway, so what's the difference from a pose then?

I'm talking movies. I wouldn't be pausing these clips.
    Yeah, the poses for screenshots are great. I'd still be doing that for the written stories. The movies would take comparatively ages to complete.

Just thinking about a possible summer project.
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    How is everyone today? I hope it's sunny and nice out where you are at ^^
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    Short, one-chapter jaunt into the land of graab:

CR2-36.png
    2.36: The New Landgraab
    Anybody need a New Orleans type restaurant? Tiana's Restaurant!

VugiNcx.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Pics of the inside?
    (because if all I had to live on was an interior decorator job--I'd starve)
    @mypalsim1 I haven't taken detailed pics yet but here's an idea of the inside.

Vs4RIcd.png

Bc0wzC0.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Aww It's so pretty!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    Aww It's so pretty!
    I agree..
    Hi... *Goes back to the shadows for a while*
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    @LillyDoves Haha :D No it is not sunny here in Salzburg. We had the last three days snow and now it rains a lot. Well, I am used to. April does what it wants :D

@swcheppes I love your buildings <3 It really looks amazing.

@everyonewhoisinterested I made my first pose ever. I still have a lot to learn but it is a lot of fun. Pic in the spoiler. It is really just one.
    piluu1u.png

N7nqUn4.png

And I took pictures for the next chapter Angel in the darkness. Tomorrow there should be an update.

Oh and @Maladi777 Tony is in my Angel save currently living with Mia due to the fact that I took screenshots for the last chapter with him. Guess what he did?
    He went into Mias room and stole a copy of Love and Ruin to read it.

1Wdiy03.png

Later he gave me this puppy look.

C7EqsHz.png
    @Marialein amazing job on the pose!!
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes I LOVES IT! I wish I had a talent for decorating because it makes everything look so real.

@Marialein Grats on making the pose! The world can't have too many.
    Those pics of Tony are awesome.
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    @swcheppes I LOVES IT! I wish I had a talent for decorating because it makes everything look so real.

@Marialein Grats on making the pose! The world can't have too many.
    Those pics of Tony are awesome.

bb.moveobjects cheat is a life saver for me! I would also suggest don't plan to make things perfect. It's the little imperfections that give it that real feel :)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    So, true. Haha, does anyone know how to make a thread? I can't seem to find the button or something to make one.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    edited April 2017
    I'm so happy to see your creativeness sparking again @everyone !

@swcheppes :o The restaurant is wow! I knew why I hired you to build for the Heffners. ;)

@Marialein I missed you so much! I'm proud of you for making your first pose! Aww and Tony, I'm not surprised at all that he's rereading Beryl's books, although he's busy with another lady in his side adventure now. ;) I have to share some pictures of him that didn't make it in the third part of the Crossover.
    04-22-17_10-28-44_PM.png

04-22-17_10-39-19_PM.png

He's also rocking a new t-shirt that I made for him.
    04-22-17_6-40-21_AM.png

And then there's
    a birthday gift I received that blew my mind. I don't know how I deserved that, but I'm deeply touched. I was gifted a personal Meatball pose. Can you believe it? I still can't. And I'm going to share the download link with you so you can enjoy it with me.
    Screenshot_1.jpg

heffners_orig.jpg
    So, true. Haha, does anyone know how to make a thread? I can't seem to find the button or something to make one.

It's this button in the corner:
    Screen%2BShot%2B2017-04-22%2Bat%2B11.29.03%2BPM.png

Not sure if you have enough member points for that yet.
    heffners_orig.jpg