Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Water Planes

For the past two days I have been reading Tutorial: Adding Water Planes (For Custom Lakes or Rivers) over at MTS but I am having no luck with my water planes showing up. If anyone has done this tutorial successfully and wouldn't mind walking me through this, slower, I would appreciate the help. I am not looking to just add the water plane, but to understand them, and possibly help others in the future with them, so that we as a community can experiment with them more.

Comments

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Screenshot-17_1.jpg

@mzneneprecious All of the water in this pic are water planes (except the water around the very top left of the pic) what are your questions? Are you using the water plane generator found on this website? are you changing the hex code in the "S3_90624C1B" to reflect the additional planes you have added? are you making sure that the plane's center is not under the land surface? these are some of the basics I can think of off the top of my head right now, just let me know what you need and I can help walk you through a bit better.
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member

Hi @flstrider,
    I have to say that water is beautiful!. I used that large water object on my last world. It was hard to position, interfered with planting trees, couldn't be fished and I was not happy with the results. Next one I will use water plains and hope I can do something as good as your water.
  • Options
    @RRArtie Water planes at first are a bit confusing but once you get the basics down there is so much you can do with them. In this world I think there are 20 plus water planes, for those canals in the middle I believe I used 8 different planes to get the desired effect. I can open CAW and create a tutorial on how I do my water planes, If I remember where CAW is and how I did those ....lol Just let me know if you have any questions
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I would love to see a tutorial on the water planes when you have time @flstrider. I know you are busy with school and life. Am trying another world and trying to learn how to do water on different levels is a must....well, if I want it to look like I want it to look. :)
  • Options
    @bekkasan Spring break starts Friday so I will put something together this weekend while my brain recovers from the melt of school. I will include all the steps I use to create water planes from deciding location through the final product, and will try to keep the technical stuff to a minimum. I should have it done by Sunday or Monday.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Well I just found another reason to hate 1.69 ...... Working on the tutorial for the water planes, after making my adjustment to the hex code from the 90624C1B file and replacing it in S3pe create a world crashes! when I reset the hex back to normal the file opens fine. I need to go buy the base game disk and get this back to 1.67! So I will not be able to complete the tutorial, sorry everyone
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @flstrider , it's lovely to see you again! :D
    So sorry to read that the problems with the 1.69 patch and CAW are still driving you to despair. I admire you for at least trying and hope very much to see your water planes tutorial in the not too distant future.
    Every best wish and take care x
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @flstrider I'm sorry you are still having trouble since forced to go to 1.69. It really seems that all they can do is break more when they try to fix stuff. :( I hope someday they will relent and let us have a choice in which version we want. I do have the disks so can stay on 1.67 until it breaks.
  • Options
    Hey all went back to MTS and found a work around for the water planes. I will be working on the tutorial here real soon. Suddenly I am not hating 1.69 as much as I use to.
    NewSig.jpg