Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Use More CC Now?

Comments

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I had tried playing with cc (like hair, skin, eyes, clothes, etc), but idk if my computer just can't handle it or what, it just never seems to work correctly. I had never used any CC or Mods up until TS4, anyways, so I'm not too familiar with the territory.
    Now, Mods on the other-hand, I can't play without. I think mods such as the MC Center are must-haves and actually make the game more playable. I feel like this brings a better user-experience in-game, while I believe that cc is better for uploading to the gallery and showing off our creations.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    No. I used some CC in TS2, that's when I learned about it. In TS4 I tried some maxis match CC at first, but now after getting more packs and the gender patch I don't feel the need anymore.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Maxis match is the sims custom content term for lore friendly.

Basically your trying to keep the same style of the game when you add to it.

& yeah I have a serious custom content problem haha, i love keeping up to date with all the sims 4 cc, it's like shopping but everything is free. Very fun and makes your game beautiful.

Thank you for explaining @brntwaffles! I love your environmental mods. It's a real game changer! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I didn't use cc in Sims 2, I did for Sims 3 (way to much). When 4 came out I told myself that I would play just a strictly vanilla game. No cc, no mods, just what the dev's gave us. Yeah that didn't work out so well... I was back to scouring the interweb looking for cc to download. :D I use mostly hair, makeup (including skins and eyes), clothing, shoes (a huge have to! Gotta have my stiletto's. LOL), accessories and wall paintings! I only use a few mods, Andrew's pose player, UI cheats extension and no mosaic.

Your avi is gorge!
  • Options
    HozrienHozrien Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've almost always used CC. I use maxis-match and non maxis-match alike. Typically I stick with a default skin, then there's the berry sweet skintones and occasionally make up as well. And 50 billion hairs (not really, I NEVER can find enough male hairs that I like rn for TS4 - plenty for TS3 though)

Example being my icon, the hair, skin, and top are CC. Clothing is typically a hit or a miss for me since I prefer warmer/darker tones then bright tones.

Don't use many mods though besides MCCC, the pose player and right now a mod to fix the bug where sims don't sit on the couch when watching TV.
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    I've used maxis match cc with ts3. Now I only use mods. There isn't enough choice or consistency with ts4 cc and I'm very picky. I tried a few skins but they either looked flat or made all my sims have the same nose. I did find a set of default eyes I liked, but then having to always check the cc box to see my own content in my library turned me off.
  • Options
    TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    I used a bit of CC when i played TS3 (just some hairs and clothes), but I've played all the other games vanilla.
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    I've been tossing cc into my games since the sims 1. Honestly, I don't think I would enjoy any of the games nearly as much without it. Maxis match only tho.
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    I don't use any cc for TS4 but used tons of cc in TS2 and TS3.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I use a lot less than i did in 2 or even 3.

I don't find I need a lot of cc in this one which is great tbh.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I switch between alpha and maxis match.
  • Options
    What is alpha?
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    For 2 and 3 I used a lot of hair,eye, accessory mods and the Overwatch mod for 3 was a game saver. 4 I haven't found any CC that tickles my fancy yet.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I used CC in TS3, mainly skin, eyes, alpha hairs and toddler clothing because the toddler clothing was so limited. I started TS4 with alpha hairs and realistic clothing, but gradually turned to Maxis Match, and then just started cutting down on my CC all together. It's hard to resist some of the home decor CC, but I realized I like when the art styles of the world, Sims, objects, etc. are cohesive. Also, I have all of the packs except for one, so it's easier to resist CC since I have more options.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    TS4 is a pretty game.
    08-26-16_6-19-11nbspPM.png
    I've come to like TS4's graphics for the more saturated colors and the resolution quality, but I don't care for the simple meshes and textures, and also how everything is so THICK and BLOCKY. So, I've pretty much declared war on those aspects of the game.

I have CC for grass, trees, wall and floor textures. I borrowed a lot of textures from The Sims 2.
    I have furniture with more detailed meshes and textures. My sims are a little more realistic, so this helps them fit in their world.
    08-28-16_6-06-57nbspPM.png

08-24-16_10-15-35nbspAM.png

08-27-16_8-31-48nbspPM.png

I believe Stuff Packs are only going to be useful for game play objects and clothing for now on.
    08-27-16_9-10-28nbspPM.png

CC and TS4 content aren't exactly harmonizing, but I don't mind it.
    08-27-16_8-26-02nbspPM.png

I am out to make a very different looking game. There will be consistency casualties.
    08-27-16_9-11-05nbspPM.png

I have tons of decor now.
    I shouldn't need anything else unless some object really catches my eye, or I have a specific TS4 object that I wish I had a detailed custom object as an alternative.
    08-27-16_9-11-34nbspPM.png

The bottom line is that I am much more immersed in the game now.
    I love playing in this setting.
    08-27-16_9-13-01nbspPM.png

Alright, moving on to Sheldon and Jewel's house...
    09-05-16_12-22-06nbspPM.png

09-05-16_12-22-32nbspPM.png

09-05-16_12-23-30nbspPM.png

09-05-16_12-25-43nbspPM.png

09-05-16_12-25-11nbspPM.png

My cat sims are fake supernaturals that are highly dependent on CC and mods.
    01-14-17_12-12-09nbspAM.png

01-25-17_12-06-45nbspPM.png

I've got to find a way to make Uncontrollable Hissing a part of their custom Neko trait.
    Right now I have to make them vampire cats to get it.
    01-25-17_12-10-35nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Only in Sims 2 - I do not use CC in Sims 3 or 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I use less CC for The Sims 4 than I have for any of the previous titles. I am also using less CC with each new DLC I purchase. I find myself happier with the unmodded Sims 4 than I was with any of the unmodded versions of the past.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I have a total of two mods in my game: MCCC and one by Triplis that adds 8 specific teen traits that disappear once the teen ages to YA. As for custom content I do have some. But, it's in the form of two hairstyles and some clothing styles from the 18th century for a specific game save I'm playing. Other than that I love what's in the game and in no way am trying to change that.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    WonderfulKillJoy123WonderfulKillJoy123 Posts: 42 Member
    I use a lot of Custom Content because game content is boring and bland.
    Jayna
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

I Originally got into TS1 because the idea of making my own content (CC) appealed to me, Something I had already been
    doing with Games before The Sims came out. I can't say that I have/use more CC/Mods now than with TS2/TS3 because
    I had *Tons* with those, Lol...With TS4 I I've been a lot more selective about the CC I use, Which is why 80% of what's in
    my current Game was made by Me. :D
  • Options
    oneparalleloneparallel Posts: 44 Member
    I haven't added any cc to TS4. I used it to the max with TS3 but since I got a new computer, I haven't had the will to find any cc and use it with TS4. I figured I'd try to play without using any to see how it went. So far so good!
  • Options
    CourtLuvesSimsCourtLuvesSims Posts: 54 Member
    I use a lot of CC. It's usually clothing and hairstyles. But I use significantly less than I have in TS2 and TS3
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    CC is life. I make it, I download it. But apparently I don't have a lot of cc because I hear people on the forums saying they have 2000+ pieces and I'm over here with 600.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Always vanilla. CC looks super ugly imo.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    HozrienHozrien Posts: 139 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    CC is life. I make it, I download it. But apparently I don't have a lot of cc because I hear people on the forums saying they have 2000+ pieces and I'm over here with 600.

@MrMonty96 Lol, wow! People with that much CC must have amazing desk top computers and not laptops. I'd lose my mind having 2000+ CC, but I don't think I'll ever have that much with how picky I am :P.