Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Use More CC Now?

I like to watch other Simmers' videos on YouTube and I notice with TS4 that many use CC and it looks gorge! Lots of talent out there!

I remember using CC in TS1 (it killed my momma's laptop - oopsy), I don't remember using it in TS2, I played TS3 vanilla, only recently being tempted to add CC and mods to my game, and with TS4, I'd lean more toward using CC. It's a slippery slope and can be a bit overwhelming because there are so many talented Simmers and beautiful items to choose from.

Do you find yourself using more CC now or do you play vanilla? If you use CC, why and what are your favorite items?

Comments

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited March 2017
    I use CC, only Maxis-Match though because I love the overall design of the game and wouldn't wanna tarnish that.
    - I also use Maxis-Match CC in TS3 too, currently.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I played with quite a bit of CC and mods back in the Sims 2 days and used a little bit in the beginning of Sims 3. So far with Sims 4,I am using one mod (MC Command Center) and no CC. My reasoning basically is...laziness,lol. Since Sims 4 gets updated so frequently,the thought of having to disable my mods/CC,check to see if it will work with the newest patch,and then update/remove anything that isn't compatible just seems like so much work. I was even wary about using MCCC but I finally gave in and now I don't want to play without it. I do agree though,there are some very talented CC/mod creators out there. I might use CC one day but for now,I will just stick with seeing CC in the videos I watch on YouTube :)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I never knew about cc or mods for 1. I started using cc in 2, and that carried over to 3. I honestly never knew about mods in those games either and played both mod free. It was after 3 ended that I added the NRASS stuff.

I use cc in 4, but tend to keep my mods to a minimum. The most cc I use is for home decor, I love some of the furniture that's created. I do use a lot of hairstyles too. But clothing, makeup and that sort of thing is a lot less than my furniture.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Ooh that's something I'm curious about: Maxis-match. What determines it? Who coined the term?

I'd never heard of it until I started using CC for TS3.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    None. I once used tons of cc content in TS3. When I got a newer computer, I decided not to add it and it improved my gameplay without all the broken CC content.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    melissa_be588melissa_be588 Posts: 52 Member
    I have always played without but then sort of at the end of Sims 3 I discovered CC but I never really played with it as much as Sims 4. I play practically only CC now because I love the more realistic look.
    Head on over to mellycreatessims.wordpress.com and hit follow for the chance to win BOTH Vintage Glamour & Vampires! Winner will be drawn March 31st.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    what is vanilla?
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @AmySims09 - no CC, no mods. Just the game on its own.
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    lol game as it is, use cc's mainly maxis match Lumalovers stuff rocks Hair for body's, oh and Mccc cannot play with out it. no mosaic and Cmar's unmentionables. :)
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    For me, there is no simming without CC. I love putting my own personal spin on my sims' clothing and environments, so making and downloading CC for "Sims" games is just an essential component of my play style. ^_^
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I played sims3 vanilla only until a few months ago when I finally decided to add some new hairs, and that's when the avalanche began lol I downloaded soooo much.

For sims4, I try not to use very much because I like to upload my stuff to the gallery. But I have a few hairstyles and clothes. Toddlers are completely CC'd up in my game right now because there is like nothing for them yet.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Not really too much for ts4, I like how they look. I do use mods though here and there, feels like the creators are really letting loose this time. I used to use tons for ts2 and feared it for ts3. My favorites are typically at modthesims or thesimsresources. With the sims 4 studio out, it's sooo incredibly simple to recolor everything whereas a noob like me in that department could only do cas recolor stuff beforehand lol. Lots are so much easier to get into your game too now which is also pretty nice because I build box houses :/ I like to use Kijiko's 3d lashes, Dot's lamps lillka's toddler clothing, some ts2 conversions and some items that other world of warcraft fans made for the sims.
  • Options
    brntwafflesbrntwaffles Posts: 130 Member
    Maxis match is the sims custom content term for lore friendly.

Basically your trying to keep the same style of the game when you add to it.

& yeah I have a serious custom content problem haha, i love keeping up to date with all the sims 4 cc, it's like shopping but everything is free. Very fun and makes your game beautiful.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2017
    I used CC in TS2 and TS3. I didn't use as much in TS3 because I thought the clothing pieces from TS3 store were fantastic. I'd say 80% of my CC in TS3 consists of hair.

I have nearly 3,000 CC files in TS4.. so quite a bit. I really need to have a good clear out because I deleted some of the meshes but still have recolours that don't show up, or I have old CC that I don't like anymore. It's a pain sorting through it all though.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    This is the first version where I've not felt the need for a lot of cc. I love the way the sims look so I don't use any skins, eyes, etc. And even with the lack of color wheel I find that I have enough choices for decorating so I only have one object, a shelving unit that I downloaded.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited March 2017
    I can't play without CC. Been like that since TS1 :D

Edit: Mainly hair and clothes. And skintones in TS2 and TS3. Not so much for TS4 because CC skins are mostly overlays (for skin detail). But I like browsing for tattoos. Lately I've also been obsessed with clutter and poses for TS4.
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    I don't use mods or CC. I feel like it kinda ruins the vision of the game, not sure how to explain it. It's sort of a moral choice for me not to use it.

But I loved putting new textures and images to clothes in the Sims 2 using the body shop, that was cool.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I have a huge amount of cc & mods for TS2. When I had TS3 installed, my cc varied. I had a lot on my laptop and then less on my desktop. My mods were about the same on each setup. With TS4, I have some mods and a little CC here and there, but not much; I don't want to go overboard. The majority of the CC I have is for toddlers since they have very little in CAS.
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    I didn't use cc in Sims 2, I did for Sims 3 (way to much). When 4 came out I told myself that I would play just a strictly vanilla game. No cc, no mods, just what the dev's gave us. Yeah that didn't work out so well... I was back to scouring the interweb looking for cc to download. :D I use mostly hair, makeup (including skins and eyes), clothing, shoes (a huge have to! Gotta have my stiletto's. LOL), accessories and wall paintings! I only use a few mods, Andrew's pose player, UI cheats extension and no mosaic.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Omg, it's an addiction! CC is the main reason I even started playing the Sims in the first place - started with Sims 2. I downloaded everything, lol. That old game is so bogged down, it takes about 17 minutes for it to load on startup, haha. I didn't really play Sims 3, but for Sims 4, I tried to ease into it a little more selectively. Then I went crazy again because there is SO MUCH cool stuff out there! But eventually, it catches up with you and the monthly patches start to become a big hassle, so I took out all of my build/buy stuff, except for some walls and flooring, but I'll eventually get rid of most of that too. I decided to try to keep it to just CAS stuff to keep my game from potential crashes and lag. Lately I've even learned to really love the Maxis Match CC, so I've been really cleaning house again in my mods folder and getting rid of alpha styles and "realistic" looks. I use Sims 4 Studio to go through my CC (that program is a godsend!) and I've also been deleting items that have a really high poly count. I need my game to continue to run smoothly because I like to record videos and they get a little too choppy if my game is bogged down.

Anyway, it's a constant work in progress, but the more content that Maxis releases, the more things I can get rid of. The Vampires pack really helped fill in some gaps, because I need to have unusual styles in my game. I also love retro styles too. Right now I still have a mix of Maxis Match with other CC styles that I'm just not ready to get rid of yet, but at least I've brought the volume down. I now have exactly 2900 pieces of CC in my mods folder, which is 5.77 gigs, but I want to get it down to under 5 gigs and maintain that.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I use a decent amount of CC. More notably tattoos and facial piercings.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I find myself forced to use a ton of CC, with lack of CASt and much less items than TS3.

(if you knew how much I use now, it might scare you... I have too much CC)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Out of all the games, I use the most CC in TS4. I mainly use Maxis Match, with a few pieces of alpha CC that somewhat pass for MM. I have a ton of hairstyles, clothing pieces (mostly recolors), shoes (those Madlen shoes made Maxis Match by Simtastic are everything :heart:), and a few pieces of makeup and jewelry. I love the way just a few new hairstyle options and recolors can give me more versatility when dressing and creating sims. Most of my CC was found using the 'ts4mm' tag on Tumblr; you can find so many beautiful items and immensely talented creators through that tag. I can spend literally hours finding new creators and spam downloading everything. :lol: I used to be so leery of CC and thought I could play without it, but even just a few really nice items can make an incredible difference. Now I honestly don't think I could ever go back to playing the game vanilla, even though I really do love a lot of the content they've been putting into the game lately.
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I don't use any cc in sims 4 but I have a ton in sims 3. I wasn't playing before then.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims