Welcome music lovers!
In this competition you will be making photos based on your interpretations of songs, or in other words, what they mean to or inspire in you. Your images can be about the entire meaning of the song, just the feeling (as some will lack singing), just snippets of the lyrics, or any hidden messages you hear. Majority of the rounds are free-reign with no specific requirements so your imagination can run wild, and there are also no examples in this comp since it is all about listening and imagining. I will not post majority as embedded videos for various reasons, but I will link to the songs and lyrics so you may click and listen. I will also try my best to avoid music videos, as I want you guys to make edits based on what you think, not what the video is showing (even if some videos have nothing to do with the song).
These songs I choose will either be straightforward or confusing, it just depends on what I choose and how you see things. Also, the songs I choose will not be hardcore (so no hardcore rap, screamo, or hardcore metal, etc.), or inappropriate (though some may imply or have a word or two), so that everyone can enjoy the competition, and for future cycles I may do specific eras/genres. Also, please keep in mind that some songs may be sad or even refer to things, like guns, or cheating. These songs though can range from pop, Vocaloid, rap, jazz, rock, Celtic, fantasy, 90’s, classical, epic, swing, or even techno, so having a wide taste and appreciation for music will be a good thing. I will do my absolute best to give you guys a wide variety, though there are some songs that I’ve been dying to see be interpreted, so some genres may appear more than once, it just depends!
I hope you enjoy this competition, and who knows, maybe you’ll find a new artist you like.
(If you would like to suggest songs, or specific genres/eras for future cycles, please message me!)
More like any info I didn't cover.
They are slightly long because of that, but please make sure to review them so you understand what's going on.
- If you are just now joining us in the modeling competitions, please read my modeling guide located here. And here are Editing and Modeling Tutorials for those that need it.
- Be respectful! No fighting, insulting, or belittling yourselves.
- There is no roleplaying or storytelling required in this comp, unless you choose to do so. Explanations for your photos, when submitting, are recommended and may be required depending on the song chosen (such as songs lacking lyrics).
- A wide range of music with different themes will be chosen. Please keep this in mind when signing up as we do not want drops just because one or two songs made you uncomfortable for whatever reason.
- S2/S3/S4 models are allowed.
- 1 model per contestant, any gender, any size, YA only. No supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/etc. sims, and no berry sims. Sims can be from previous competitions and must be of your own creation.
- Remember that we do not alter the genetics in modeling (body shape/features, muscle, fat, etc. or skin color). Besides hair color/style, everything needs to be changed back to normal after the assignment (this includes contacts, tattoos, eyebrows, giving tans, etc.).
- CC is allowed and recommended, but not required.
- Editing is optional, but recommended. You are allowed to draw for this comp.
- Follow Community Rules: No cheating, no copying, no face/body plastering (includes simmerizing). (No photoskinning in this comp. Hair photoskinning is fine if high quality and correctly edited.)
- Follow Forum Rules: No nudity, no inappropriate content, no excessive blood. If you must do excessive blood or nudity for your assignment, post it on the Simmetry thread instead, or send it to me via pm.
- Assignments will be 7-10 days long, depending on the song. New rounds will be posted as soon as scoring starts. No eliminations.
- Redos/resubmissions are not allowed so no one feels that their interpretation is wrong, and changes the idea as a result.
- Extensions need to be asked for at least 5+ hours in advance. Extensions last for 2 days unless you absolutely need more time, but please state so beforehand so we can work out the time.
- Late submissions are accepted if you submit before the judges get back to me, but please just ask for an extension instead of being late. If you have not submitted by the time scoring is published, you will automatically receive the lowest rank, which means lowest amount of points for that round.
- Please avoid dropping or disappearing.
- Everything is due by 11:59 pm Arizona time (MST is closest time). I will include a timer, but here is a nifty timezone converter as well:
- If you have questions or concerns, say something! Don’t hesitate and cost yourself points or stress because you weren’t sure of something.
- Have fun!
Not Checked In
(Lilly) with Megan Black@Socallucyfan
(Socal) with StellaFinal 3
with Trash Kan@Penguinwa101
(Penguin) with Emily Thomas@TEXASTWANGTONYA
(Tonya) with Tianna Darling