Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♪ Muse ♪ - Winner Announced!

Comments

• SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

@TEXASTWANGTONYA I had a feeling that you were a Sims 4 player, but since you tagged me specifically I figured that maybe I was wrong.

@Vanadis I'm glad that I was still able to help. I got your back!!

@MizoreYukii I love the song for the next assignment. There are so many different ways you can go with it. I for sure have to put my thinking cap on!
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    CHECKING IN!!!!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Well If I haven't already, Checking in Now........... LOL @MizoreYukii
    edited March 2017
    Some Info On this Song -- a Magazine Article Depicting this Song -- Human -- IF your interested and Hope that's OK to link it here?
    atwoodmagazine.com/human-sevdaliza/
    Very Dark Undertones with the Music..........I LOVE that......about it......It's Not what I would usually Listen to but I guess that is part of the point for this......... Comp! <3
  • EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    This song is so cool! I swear i wish i had the time for this comp, i'm totally the person that listens to music and channels it into mye diting @_@ ahhhhhh
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    edited March 2017
    Nevermind
    Post edited by LilacErin on
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
    Starting to get a feel and concept for the edit I just really hope that I can pull it off :D this song is really interesting and that article @TEXASTWANGTONYA was a very interesting read!
    3gXRDPf.gif
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Hey guys, back from a tiny break. I needed a breather from the forums for a bit, I wasn't feeling well at all. >_<

I will message the judges to start scoring tonight, results should hopefully be up within a few days. I need to catch up on everything so you'll have to give me a bit.

This is due on the 13th! Let me know if you need an extension.

@Eliavah I knew you would! I'm sad you couldn't join. >_< Glad to have you lurking though!

@TEXASTWANGTONYA That's fine!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Assignment 2 - Human
    tumblr_omoh3wIw9I1v2n804o1_1280.jpg

I was going to post this last night, but decided to think about it a while longer.
    Glad I did, cos I changed the background.

Yeah, the plumbob is intentional. I oridinally had the image without it, and it didn't seem as clear in it's meaning without it... That is, if anyone can see what I was trying to represent here. Dunno if I've managed it or not.
    A complex question with an even more complex answer, kinda hard to make work with a single image.

Also discovered while working on this, that Trash works well in poses meant for females, he really channels a 1920's movie star vibe
    Might have to send him off to rescue some damsel from the rail road tracks. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Looks great, @Movotti

• NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    @MizoreYukii I will try to have something in for this tomorrow!! I'm going out of town Monday and Tuesday so hopefully I'll be able to do/come up with something by tomorrow!
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

Scores are up! I skipped my comments since I wanted to get these up, but my two lovely judges have given you feedback.

Two more days, let me know if you guys need more time. I'll put up A3 as soon as Tuesday hits so you guys can get a head start on that.

I also forgot to remind you guys, but I said in the "Scoring" section that feedback was optional. If you would like us to skip feedback for you, just say so. If you want feedback every few assignments, we can do that as well. Otherwise everyone receives feedback as the default.

Also, for future reference, the only way to get an image to stay transparent is to use PNG, not JPG or JPEG. Photos should be saved as PNG in general though, it holds the quality slightly better than JPG. A few saved as JPG so I had to cut them out. xD

@Socallucyfan @NShippudenFan @Penguinwa101 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @Movotti @Karababy52

@Movotti Explanation for the photo, please?
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Judges for the Feedback........ I just wanted to say that the Martini's are Lamps! :p:p;) Not sure if they were interpreted that way or not............... ;) I didn't want to go completely retro with this.......but I do get what you were saying Jen...! I wanted to kind of mix it up being most were all retro to do something a bit different! :p But Yes I am VERY Happy with my Placement and the Feedback Overall! Thanks Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! :p Thanks for noticing the Colouring I used A Lot of Highlights with Dodge tool! It was fun but done Very Fast too............ :o

I will have the new assignment up very soon! I don't think I need an Extension but I will let you know if something comes up that I would need one! @MizoreYukii <3 I watched another VID for this Song and It gave me more of an interpretation of it.... for seeing where I might go with this ONE! :p
    Thanks for the feedback and comments! I have been struggling with getting high quality backgrounds/such! Ugh. Lol, gotta work on that! I haven't tried in game backgrounds before..but I also use cas poses, but I could get it somehow to work xD.

I appreciate the rank 5 as well! :)

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Third? Yay! \o/ I really didn't expect that at all, I'm stunned! Thank you so much for the feedback judges, it really helps a lot. For instance, I had no idea it was frowned upon to try to match and balance colors for edits. I guess that's one of my downfalls, I like balance and harmony. I'll strive for more contrast in the future.

Also, I'll try to cut down on the blurriness as much as possible. It's hard though when I have such a crap computer that results in tons of jaggies. I guess I went a little too far with the smudge tool trying to get rid of those, went over the whole thing. o.O lol

I totally missed that she was supposed to be thinking about what happened the previous night. I just ran with the part where the waiter is ignoring her because he's watching the girl outside in the rain and she's trying to tell him her coffee cup is only half full. I tried to make it look like she's pointing at it going, "Hey Dude, what's the deal?" hehe

Lastly, I understand about how it might look off because the girl outside in the rain is a real person. My first thought was to get Bella to walk by and put an umbrella in her hand. But I thought that would be too, I don't know, obvious or precious? Oh well, I guess it's true what they say about trusting your instincts eh? :)

Congratulations to @Socallucyfan on winning this round and great job to everyone else. I'm having so much fun and learning a lot with this contest. Thanks again!

I have my Round Two entry pretty much done, ready to post. But I'm going to wait until after I get some sleep and look at it again before pulling the trigger. BTW @Movotti I love your entry for the next round, very creative. I think I get the message too, great job! <3
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Oooh, an explanation... right, well. Here goes:
    What is it to be human?
    I've only been here one time

It’s passing me by
    Been in and out
    And in front of my judgmental eyes
    My precious disguise
    Business so cold
    Can’t cope with my own
    How to not fail

A constant state of second guessing, of re-examining oneself. Of feeling out of control, but being ones own master. The rest of the song sums up the components of a human, but this part feels to be more about the mind. We're more than just flesh and bones, we're self-aware beings, and it's not just ourselves that we are aware of, it's the passage of time, and our own mortality.

The plumbob is yellow, because we're not always in a perfectly happy state, there's always something to cause worry, and table top Trash has the body language representing concern. The clock is the constant reminder that time is passing, to the top right is the reminder of mortality.

God-like Trash is the representation of the sense of self, he's the thought in the back of the mind, constantly reminding of when things have gone wrong, the little voice of doubt that butts in on your ideas.

In short, to be human is to battle the internal struggle, to live life from inside your own mind, a place where no one else can exist. To be human is to be aware that you are in control of your own existence, and it's up to you to do as you choose, in the short time that you have to live, because this is the only time that you're here.

Is that the sort of explanation you're wanting?
    'Scuse the short essay. :p

Also, I like feedback. Thumbs up for feedback, :)

Also, also, PNG. *facepalm* that's the thing I forgot.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Oh boy @Movotti I like your entry even more now. Your explanation isn't what I imagained at all, it's a lot deeper. lol It puts my interpretation to shame, I went the obvious route. Anyway, thanks for the explanation, clearly I need to think more indepth.

Annnd, after my feedback, I feel bad that my next entry is again matchy matchy color wise. I might change it a little to help alleviate that now that I know it's not a wise choice. If I have time. Otherwise I'll just leave it be and keep the feedback in mind for the next round.

Have a great Sunday everyone! :)
  • SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited March 2017
    Wow, thank you so much for the feedback. I was not expecting first place. :o It was a fun first assignment, because even though there is a very upbeat tempo, the lyrics are actually really depressing. And that is how I wanted to show Stella.

@Jendowoz0612 I wasn't sure if anyone would get the tom cat, but I'm glad you saw that!! :)

@MizoreYukii I am going to ask for an extension, just in case.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t7SclAXoQw

Here is another Video of the Same Song by SEVDALIZA -- Hope it's OK to post it if not I will delete it..... I LOVE THIS VERSION ! It really takes you into her mind of how she interprets this "DEEP" Song.... Maybe it will help some that are Stumped a Bit ............. I think I know where I am going with it andddddddd

@Movotti -- LOVE your Edit....... It really depicts certain words in this Song............Great Work! <3
    @MizoreYukii earlier on I did ask for an extension on assignment 2. I'm not sure I'll have something in today or not, and I'm going out of town tomorrow and Tuesday.

May I ask for an extension?
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Assignment 2 - Human

r3gfIXx.png

I hope what I was trying to convey is clear, if not think "Amsterdam." I ran with the artist's explanation that the song was about 'voyeuristic consumerism.'

Tried a couple new techniques for me; the liquify tool and taking multiple large shots and piecing them together. It was a bit frustrating getting all the parts to line up, but I'm happy with the results. I hope it isn't TOO big now. lol

I ended up changing the color of her outfit too as result of feedback from Round One. It was red and she was kind of melting into the background. I tried my hardest to make it look like she's behind a window. I hope I was successful.

Good luck everyone, can't wait to see more entries! <3
    Posted mine on the Simmetry thread @MizoreYukii its not that bad everything that needed to be covered is covered but I posted it there to be 100% safe :)
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Everyone did really well, and this round is looking even better! Can't wait to see the rest! :grin: Extensions granted for those that asked. They are pretty much granted automatically when you need them, I just need to know of course so I'm not wondering where people are at. xD

@Movotti I'm glad I asked! Your explanation really puts it all together and shows more. xD Love it!

@Karababy52 The picture doesn't have to match the song entirely, you just need to do something inspired by it that shows a connection. Does that make sense? Of course if you want to do a picture that relies heavily on the lyrics, that's okay too. So don't worry too much about missing the "previous night" thing, either or is fine basically.
    And balancing/matching colors isn't frowned upon unless it's been over done. It's when the colors blend into each other that makes it a problem. An example that I've seen people do a lot is using pastels, very light greys, or whites, against a white background (especially with very little shadow play). This causes the sim to "get lost" in the background because they blend in. The clothing and sim should stand out against the background, so contrasting colors are needed.

@TEXASTWANGTONYA I avoid posting the official music videos so people can interpret the lyrics their own way first without being influenced by the video, though they are allowed to go looking for the originals if they want to, I don't mind that. I also don't post the videos to avoid anything that either may make people upset, or make the mods antsy. It's just safer to go with the lyric videos in the end. So I don't mind as long as you post them a few days after the assignment has been released, and as long as the video is clean of course. I do have one song coming up where the official video should not be posted under any circumstance though. Everyone's welcome to go searching for the video on their own, but that one can't be posted. Lol
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @Movotti I love your picture for this round. Very creative!

@Karababy52 Your entry for this round is awesome, I love what you did with it. I love the pop of blue in her lingerie against the dark background.
    I will admit that I have been guilty of accidentally matching my sim's clothing to the background before. When it was pointed out, or when I looked at it compared to other pictures, I could see how my Sim kind of faded. I usually try to give pros and cons, ways that it could be improved in the future. If you really like having a synchronized color scheme I'll keep that in mind in the future that that's your style. I loved your first entry as well, it was actually really tough to judge that round and I have a feeling this one's going to be even harder.

@Penguinwa101 Very nice entry and creative take on the song. I like how everyone is doing something a little different this round!

@NShippudenFan I know the struggle of finding backgrounds is tough these days. It's like all the good ones have been used. I've found a few ways around it, like adding objects, such as a boat or boulder for a Sim to stand on, or a balcony when it's kind of a zoomed out background and my Sim would have to be tiny otherwise. It opens up more possibilities for usable backgrounds. I know you're a student, though, and that usually adds more time to the editing process.

@TEXASTWANGTONYA Thanks for posting that video. It was really interesting!
    Ayq5S7Y.png