Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Woot, I finally have some time to dig into this. Watching now...
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    - First ever gate built in China
    Ooooohhhh....

- "Friendliness in words brings trust" 🤔
    - "Wisdom will lead to happiness" 🤔
    - Green exemption for Buddy!
    - "If this isn't it I'll take Chinese lessons, I promise" :joy:
    - Ooh, a black exemption on the wisdom path
    - I like how Mil (?) puts the exemption in her "secret" compartment :joy:
    - I'm going to randomly select Nathan to be my mole for this episode
    - Anita is sharp
    - Johan is too trusting, methinks
    - Kind of unfortunate that the lady who had to leave took a 250 picture away
    - Oh, but most of the pictures they took were invalid anyway
    - Leonie caught on to Buddy
    - T r u s t n o o n e
    - Some actually has the claw machine as their favorite game? Must be a masochist.
    - Everyone seems so interesting so far. I hate that someone has to leave early on.
    - The picture task seems very difficult
    - Mil and Nathan got out easily
    - This has got to be the lowest relative pot of any first episode
    - Using the green exemption is a risky play with all the black exemptions going around
    - Goodbye Anita :( Was she the oldest player this season?
    - "Buddy has nothing" Well, thanks to the black exemption, his green exemption was essentially nothing
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Ooooohhhh....

- Anita is sharp
    - T r u s t n o o n e
    - Some actually has the claw machine as their favorite game? Must be a masochist.
    - Everyone seems so interesting so far. I hate that someone has to leave early on.
    - Using the green exemption is a risky play with all the black exemptions going around
    - "Buddy has nothing" Well, thanks to the black exemption, his green exemption was essentially nothing
    An alternate translation (and the translation Alleen would choose) is "Wisdom or Good Luck". Are they ripping off Jetset??? :joy:

Hmm, one thing to think about: what type of exemption would the Mole choose? A green exemption would look more contestanty but pretty much pointless, but a black exemption gives them more power when used properly. Whatever the case, I think the next episode might introduce a few more goodies for te remaining black exemptions to work. Rob and Tina are still carrying theirs, which means they hold the power.

One thing we should take note of is of who is planting/pushing the idea of taking more photos with 1 phone. And who is very bold in their attempt and who is doing more subtly. That'd make a good place for the Mole to strike.

Most of those truck challenges appear to be throwbacks to previous seasons. The picture room's a reference to S8E4, the claw machine refers to an overlooked element in S17E2.

I recall at least one season where the group made nothing in episode 1, so they're relatively not the worst

Yup Anita was the group oldest indeed. :o

Trust NoBuddy XD
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Ooooohhhh....

- Anita is sharp
    - T r u s t n o o n e
    An alternate translation (and the translation Alleen would choose) is "Wisdom or Good Luck". Are they ripping off Jetset??? :joy:

Hmm, one thing to think about: what type of exemption would the Mole choose? A green exemption would look more contestanty but pretty much pointless, but a black exemption gives them more power when used properly. Whatever the case, I think the next episode might introduce a few more goodies for te remaining black exemptions to work. Rob and Tina are still carrying theirs, which means they hold the power.

One thing we should take note of is of who is planting/pushing the idea of taking more photos with 1 phone. And who is very bold in their attempt and who is doing more subtly. That'd make a good place for the Mole to strike.

Most of those truck challenges appear to be throwbacks to previous seasons. The picture room's a reference to S8E4, the claw machine refers to an overlooked element in S17E2.

I recall at least one season where the group made nothing in episode 1, so they're relatively not the worst

Yup Anita was the group oldest indeed. :o

Trust NoBuddy XD

Trust NoBuddy indeed :D And true: if the mole knew they were taking illegal multiple shots, they could do their best without actually making any money

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Happy new year everyone. Sorry I'm getting to it so late. Been a busy year already. Hope everyone is well.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Happy new year everyone. Sorry I'm getting to it so late. Been a busy year already. Hope everyone is well.

Happy New Year too! And yeah, been busy here since school started.

Hope the baby's doing fine

• Options

Happy new year Shadami. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    She's exhausting. She's talking and almost crawling already at 4 months. If she could keep her balance she'd be going straight to walking.

My horrible pregnancy is now explained. I have obnoxious advanced baby . I'm doomed xD
  • Options
    She's exhausting. She's talking and almost crawling already at 4 months. If she could keep her balance she'd be going straight to walking.

My horrible pregnancy is now explained. I have obnoxious advanced baby . I'm doomed xD

Welp, sounds like a handful, but with a good bit of potential. The best way to raise her is to keep her stimulated so she can grow up and learn quickly. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options

I agree with Vul. If she's talking at 4 months, she could be verbally talented. It would be great to encourage it. :D

• Options
    Hence why I'm exhaustingly busy. Gonna go fwatch the mole though while I have a minute xD maybe get the hubby to watch with.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    okay, so when I did the random role I had jaike as my winner and claes as my mole.... I'm gonna see how far that lasts. I like her xD and I have my suspicions about him.

Trust noBuddy indeed. He seems a little liar. But I'm not so sure it's moley .

Leonie and Tina though..... Suspicion bells going off hard.

Random thought: Johan is the only one in the group photo that you can't see his hands/arms.
  • Options
    okay, so when I did the random role I had jaike as my winner and claes as my mole.... I'm gonna see how far that lasts. I like her xD and I have my suspicions about him.

Random thought: Johan is the only one in the group photo that you can't see his hands/arms.
    Based on the last two seasons I've watched, the mole tends to be more subtle than overtly lying about inconsequential things.

And you have a point about Johan. :0 Sometimes production sneaks in little clues about the mole's identity. Even something as subtle as that could mean something...or not. We'll just see

• Options

Based on the last two seasons I've watched, the mole tends to be more subtle than overtly lying about inconsequential things.

And you have a point about Johan. :0 Sometimes production sneaks in little clues about the mole's identity. Even something as subtle as that could mean something...or not. We'll just see
    Yeah, production wouldn't want to establish Buddy as lying a lot as the Mole. If he was they'd probably focus on another person's lies more in the editing. I think he'd be too obvious. I do think he might last quite far in the game, based on the vibe he gave me. :c

Yeah, if that'd be a clue it'd be a nice contrast with an earlier season where the Mole spelled a text with sign language on the group photos. This season is going to be filled with references to earlier seasons, take the picture escape room - a room filled with pictures also happened in season 8 (iirc Shadami said she has watched that season).

ALSO - Episode 2

https://youtu.be/9I36icvaT-E
    Banner.png
  • Options
    i did watch the season with the room covered in pictures. I recognized that. I'm wondering if the years they took right at the beginning are going to be important to reference something from that previous episode. I know we don't get to see everyones year though. But perhaps....Don't know. still thinking on that one. I did notice that 2010 does have a similar cast; at least career wise. But that's probably how every year lines up. So that's probably nothing xD
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    I've done mine already and my winner is...

Anita Witzier

And my mole is......

Johan Goossens

So Anita is already out ... But who knows? Maybe Johan is the mole... But I don't think so... :s
  • Options

Yeah, production wouldn't want to establish Buddy as lying a lot as the Mole. If he was they'd probably focus on another person's lies more in the editing. I think he'd be too obvious. I do think he might last quite far in the game, based on the vibe he gave me. :c

Yeah, if that'd be a clue it'd be a nice contrast with an earlier season where the Mole spelled a text with sign language on the group photos. This season is going to be filled with references to earlier seasons, take the picture escape room - a room filled with pictures also happened in season 8 (iirc Shadami said she has watched that season).

ALSO - Episode 2

https://youtu.be/9I36icvaT-E

Yaaaasss. Gonna watch this when I get home

And given the references to previous seasons, maybe they'll toss in some clues to the mole too 🤔

• Options
    edited January 2020
    my suspicions for Tina were gone right at the beginning of this episode. I'm heavy on leonie right now. Her and johan.

Only suspicious thing with buddy besides the obvious lying: 2014 was in Hong Kong yeah? Also China. And he picked "his year" of 2014.
    Post edited by Shadami on
  • Options
    - Johan: I felt really dumb and naive
    Just too trusting, I think. In my experience, it's not really worthwhile to volunteer any information if there's no need to do so. But if Johan is the mole, being the overly trusting and trustworthy guy would be a good cover.

- So they had to splice and connect some wires at the dam? I did something like that in my electronics class. Exposing the copper is difficult for novices. :D
    - Mil admitting she's butter, sugar, and cheesecake :joy:
    - That random Chinese man who passed by. "Ni hao" :joy:
    - I was expecting nothing to happen at all when Rik pressed the button, but 3/4 teams did it.
    - "Pretty lady, where are we going now?" Aww
    - The driver as Nathan and Rob enter a heated discussion between themselves :joy:
    - The taxi assignment sounds like a nightmare to navigate
    - Tina really got turned over by that taxi driver...unless she's the mole and managed to get the taxi to drop her off at the wrong place
    - Jaike is done with the control room's shizz at the park
    - That's 1400 euros total this episode. Wow
    - Seems like very few people are left with exemptions after the first round. Lots of people really went all in.
    - Did anyone notice Claes blinking very quickly during the execution? It just seemed odd to me.
    - Goodbye Tina :( I think it would've been too obvious if she were the mole when she was the only one to not arrive at the restaurant.
    - Seems like the first two to leave are women again, like last season. Compared to season 18 when the first two were men (although the second one was a voluntary exit.)
    - Random thing: all the letters in "Tina" can be found in "Anita" lol
    - So far, Leonie is looking moley, but it could also be Johan since he's being shown in a trustworthy light, and it would definitely subvert people's expectations.

• Options
    my suspicions for Tina were gone right at the beginning of this episode. I'm heavy on leonie right now. Her and johan.

Only suspicious thing with buddy besides the obvious lying: 2014 was in Hong Kong yeah? Also China. And he picked "his year" of 2014.
    Oh hey, we're on the same page with Leonie and Johan :joy:

• Options

Hmm, that's a good observation. Though the second half of that season is in the Philippines. Hmm...

I'm not sure on Leonie, she's giving me different vibes rather than Molevibes. Hmm...
    What I really wish for the first and the third challenges is a map of the game area so that we as viewers have a better overview of the game area and what's happening in it. As a viewer you have pretty much no idea which team even is where in the area based on the information we got in the episode. :c

Also - judging by the editing Tina spent the night apart from the group after the second task. I think that might've been fatal for her position in the game. You want to stick as close to the group as possible, where all information and theories are being exchanged.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Honestly I plan to rewatch the episodes again at some point to look closer. The first time i have to really focus on the subtitles. >.<
    I did half expect to see the mole waving in the background of the cameras during the mechanical bit for the colored smokes. just like hey i'm here in the background!
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Guys, who watched The Circle, on Netflix? It's so cool, I think I will make a show of it. ;) Nobody will know who's the creator, only when he/she got blocked...
  • Options
    Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Guys, who watched The Circle, on Netflix? It's so cool, I think I will make a show of it. ;) Nobody will know who's the creator, only when he/she got blocked...

I've watched the two UK versions which started first. It is amazing!!! :D Definitely could do with a Sims version of it :P