Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which townie has been the best romantic partner to your Sim?

Comments

• Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    @klestrella It really was. He would come over and stay on his off days. He would also sleep in the same bed with my sim while he was there. As long as he didn't have to work he was there. I miss those days. Especially considering that the rest of the line hasn't been so lucky in love. They have ended up with some sleeze bags even if I did make them. When the next heiress comes of age I might make her get Johnny Zest or someone to see if it works out better for her. Good Luck!
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I'm going to jump aboard the Don Lothario train here because he really does make an excellent father. I always avoid Johnny Zest cause I don't like his aesthetic but I guess I should give him a go? My sims rarely ever settle down with townies. Usually CAS sims I've made myself. But they are fun to toy with!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    In my current game, my sim married Akira and he's being a very attentive partner despite the jealous trait. But he's a pretty lousy dad to his kid, ignores him most of the time and won't autonomously talk to Ace unless I force him to. J Huntington, Don Lothario, Liberty Lee and Luna Villareal make really good partners and parents in my other saves, especially Don Lothario. Even when I'm not playing him but see him in community lots, I see him always seeking out his partner or kids if they're in the same lot for a hug or a kiss.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    klestrella wrote: »
    @kittymeow, I do think Sergio is sweet, it's just that I've never been able to change a sim's trait without it showing up incorrectly in the relationship panels. :disappointed:
    You just need to get to know again, the correct trait will replace the discarded one.
    Negative moodlets from the previous trait will still happen though. Maybe tense moodlets only.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited February 2017
    @happyopi
    @klestrella

I actually noticed that last night when I played, Marcus and his *now official* girlfriend Luna were on a date at a restaurant (in which if the couple is already dating, I just let them interact by themselves) and he felt the need to talk about his fear of commitment 3 times, angering her every time... She is due to have YOUR baby ANYTIME now, it's DEFINITELY not the time to talk about your fear of commitment!!
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned him, but Gunther Munch has been pretty good for my Sim, and for some reason I really like his brother Wolfgang as well, though I've yet to marry him off still.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited February 2017
    happyopi wrote: »
    You just need to get to know again, the correct trait will replace the discarded one.
    Negative moodlets from the previous trait will still happen though. Maybe tense moodlets only.
    I did have my sims "get to know" again, and the game does register that the trait is different from a previous one. It's just that after that, the game constantly flip-flops between the new and old trait if you look in the relationship panel. :disappointed: I wish it worked, but I've tried it a few times in different saves with different sims and I've never gotten it to work.
    Omri147 wrote: »
    @happyopi
    @klestrella
    I actually noticed that last night when I played, Marcus and his *now official* girlfriend Luna were on a date at a restaurant (in which if the couple is already dating, I just let them interact by themselves) and he felt the need to talk about his fear of commitment 3 times, angering her every time... She is due to have YOUR baby ANYTIME now, it's DEFINITELY not the time to talk about your fear of commitment!!
    That's my one fear when it comes to the prospect of pairing my sim with one of these non-committal sims. I don't want to constantly rebuild a relationship because the other can't keep their whining to themselves. I've noticed that the frequency of that interaction seems to vary per sim, which I guess is pretty cool if you think about it. I remember I once had a sim who had a small flirtation with Marcus and when she went out on a date with him, he had to have brought up his commitment issues at least five times. Luckily, they weren't "official" so she didn't mind (I think she was non-committal as well), but I was really irritated. I've played sims and met other sims in the game who have only ever mentioned their issues a couple of times in their entire lifetime, so it may be something exclusive to certain sims with a particular combination of traits.
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned him, but Gunther Munch has been pretty good for my Sim, and for some reason I really like his brother Wolfgang as well, though I've yet to marry him off still.
    I always forget Gunther's a YA. Thanks for reminding me of him! :) I've noticed that the "bad boys" like Wolfgang and Max Villareal can really surprise you and be awesome partners. I consider Max to be the best spouse and parent I've ever had in TS4, hands down. It's almost like negative traits soften once the sim with them enter into a loving relationship and have children. Wolfgang may be a great option for one of your sims, so you should try to marry him off and see what he's like. :smiley:
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    for me it's Eva Capricciosa.. but that's mainly because she seems to come after all my sims lol.
  • Options
    heamuizchiickenheamuizchiicken Posts: 2 New Member
    Ham iz chicken
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I find all the basegame townies (apart from Bella Goth and Bob Pancakes) hideous.
    I never usually pair my Sims with townies, in fact I always delete almost all of them. But I have a soft spot for most of San Myshuno townies, Penny Pizzazz and Salim Benali make great partners and cute babies. Sofia Bjergsen from Winderburg is a perfect sim for teen love.
    And since I have Vampires, all my Sims are in love with Caleb.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I used Johnny Zest as the founder of my dynasty, and he was great. Paolo Rocca is a good choice, too, and Gavin Richardson (in the same house as Zoe Patel) makes a good spouse.

Among women, I like Zoe and Liberty Lee. Summer Holiday not so much because she always seems to forget about children as soon as she's had them, but that might change with toddlers.
  • Options
    AltruantSludgeAltruantSludge Posts: 44 Member
    Ulrike is one of my favorites, but she can be a little aloof. I was never able to get her to click with my Sims until the most recent save where she and my art critic Sim really hit it off. They spend a lot of time watching the stars and having "deep conversations." It's adorable!

She hasn't quite gotten the hang of motherhood, though. She'd rather paint than pay attention to the kids. Luckily Mattias is a great father (they just had triplets, so he'd better be!)
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Akira Kibo, he's one of the most loyal sims! Him and my Sim Lilah are now married with a little tot, Niko.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I started this modified legacy that I am doing with my own sim who married Summer Holiday. He totally fell for her and they were happily married. They had two sons and she outlived her first husband. She quickly remarried to J. Huntington III who became a great stepfather to the teenage boys. Summer lived a really long time. She outlived J. but he came back as an active ghost a lot. They were a lot of fun.

I'm a few generations down from there. Several of my Sims have fallen for bartenders. I've been making a few of my own and dropping them into the game as largely unplayed options for my current main family. I also like to use cas.fulleditmode to tweak the NPCs. I feel like I get to know them better. Lol.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Don Lothario is my favorite. He is a good father, and can be a good husband. He also has excellent genes, all 5 of children (from 3 different women) are good looking.

The other one I like is Mila Munch. She is a really good mother. I married her to Jacques Villareal, and she is a good wife and a good stepmother too.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @klestrella sure thing :) sims don't always seem to click so when they just fit with mine I always remember them I should see how he does in a new save with someone else.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    In my current save my sim self is married to Akita and he is a great husband, father and grandfather. In one of my past saves she was married to Johnny Zest. He never seemed invested in the relationship and he was a rubbish father he totally ignored their daughter Kathryn.
  • Options
    LevkoniLevkoni Posts: 15 Member
    I usually start play with a male sim. So the best wife, in my opinion, is Summer Holiday, Ulrike Faust, Morgan Fryes and Zoe Patel. They give good genes for offspring ;D But When I start playing with female sim, the good husbands are Johhny Zest, J. Huntington III, Sergio Romeo, Jacques Le Chien. I don't play with sims from San Myshuno yet ^^
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My Sims are never allowed to get in relationships with townies. lol The one time I did allow one to run down a librarian (he was very handsome imo) he was evil and insane. That is pretty much the townie population.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Akira Kibo was a total sweetheart to my sim, Damian Looney, in the first generation of my ISBI. He was always romantic with Damian, but was a lousy father lol :D
  • Options
    NextTrickAnvilsNextTrickAnvils Posts: 100 Member
    I haven't had a sim hook up with a male townie (or at least one that was a pre-made and wasn't generated by the game) but I had a sim hook up with Candy Behr and they were a great couple (plus it was awesome to have Yuki be the Cool Aunt for the kid.)
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    Mitchell Kalani. Anyone? No?

I've started and re-started so many times so I've probably set sims up with nearly every premade but Mitchell stood out. He always helped his sister-in-law (a child and then teen) with her homework. In fact it was him randomly helping the kid out that led to him meeting my sim. I'll always have a soft spot for Mitchell.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    The Caliente trio have always been good for me.
  • Options
    amberquigleyamberquigley Posts: 122 Member

In my current save my sim just had a son with Travis Scott. I loved him and my sim together cause they were a sort of power couple since she's in the investor tract of business and he's now in the start up tract of the tech guru career. Here's a picture of their son Orion :)

3dDp17n.png

and Travis and my sim Elise.

76Ckd4e.png

On other game saves I've been with Caleb ;)
  • Options
    simsllamaasimsllamaa Posts: 6 New Member
    I was really surprised when Max Villareal started to flirt with my Sim. Surprisingly, things have gone well for them since they officially became a couple but... How long will it last?