Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which townie has been the best romantic partner to your Sim?

Comments

• Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Johnny Zest is my favorite I think with Joaquin and Akira coming in second and third. Don Lothario has always been an amazing father in my saves, can't say the same for a romantic partner though.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I can only vouch for Don and Marcus (Whom I wouldn't call the 'best' partners.)
    It's more about whether they're compatible.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited January 2017
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I'm really starting to like Marcus Flex actually! Sure, he may have some commitment issues, but he's been great help to my vampire sim, so she's currently pregnant with him and the two are in an 'unofficial' relationship... (and thankfully, sims never judge other sims' relationship choices, wish it was the same in RL) :)

Same about Marcus ! He does talk about his commitment issues once in a while, but as soon as my sim gave him the key he started coming over constantly, several times a day using all the pretexts he could imagine, and is being really really domestic, cleaning everything he can gets his hands on.
    I've never seen a non controlled sim so in tune with the controllable. He sleeps at night, eats at regular hours, goes for a jog when he wants. It probably has to do with the fact that he's there 24/7 so his needs are going down as intended.
    They basically moved in together without my consent.
    Post edited by happyopi on
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Travis Bff is the only townie I've ever had marry a sim. Usually I create my own prospects move them into houses and see which one my sims will hit it off with.
    But back to Travis. In my current and only legacy (yep it's been going for a while) I moved my founder/matriarch into Daisy hovel, the house beside the bff's, Travis was walking down the street and she went up to him. They hit it off and the rest is history. She never married him but did have 2 daughters by him. And he would come over on a regular basis. I never actively played him either. They had a great thing going and kept it going till they died of old age one right after the other.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Don Lothario
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I'm really starting to like Marcus Flex actually! Sure, he may have some commitment issues, but he's been great help to my vampire sim, so she's currently pregnant with him and the two are in an 'unofficial' relationship... (and thankfully, sims never judge other sims' relationship choices, wish it was the same in RL) :)

Same about Marcus ! He does talk about his commitment issues once in a while, but as soon as my sim gave him the key he started coming over constantly, several times a day using all the pretexts he could imagine, and is being really really domestic, cleaning everything he can gets his hands on.
    I've never seen a non controlled sim so in tune with the controllable. He sleeps at night, eats at regular hours, goes for a jog when he wants. It probably has to do with the fact that he's there 24/7 so his needs are going down as intended.

That is exactly what Victor did in mine. He was there constantly. Cooking, cleaning, taking care of all the kids (even the ones not his). He would sleep in my sim's bed so that she had nowhere to sleep. He moved himself in without consent and I could not get rid of him. I made him go outside and locked all the doors so he couldn't get back in so he hung around outside. Eventually I let him into the pool house and locked him inside. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Johnny Zest has been a great spouse and father to my legacy founder!
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    My Sims don't usually marry Townes as I prefer other CAS Sims for them but I will say Summer Holiday is a great choice. Her and my Simself dated till he met someone else.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    none i much prefer to keep my sims single and if they indeed have a room mate no plans on marrying them or going pass the friend level if they are ya
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    I only got one thing to say: Candy Behr~ :heart:
    She's way too cute.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I only have the base game and Camping, but I love Summer Holiday. She was the wife to my Flowers Family Legacy when I first played Sims 4 and makes some pretty kids.
  • Options
    Simmer_Sisters9360Simmer_Sisters9360 Posts: 4 New Member
    Don Lathario is always a good choice because of his overly flirtyness, but also J. Huntington
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    My Sims don't go near Townies. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    none i much prefer to keep my sims single and if they indeed have a room mate no plans on marrying them or going pass the friend level if they are ya

What if they throw a whim to kiss someone?
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @klestrella Johnny tended to get whims related to ....I think her name was Kiara but now I don't remember lol it's been a while for them, though I remember he wanted to marry her always wanted to talk to her kind of like a lost puppy but it was cute. Akira was a little different than my last jealous sim he didn't get hostile with her though he was tense when she wasn't around I left freewill alone with them always wanted to kiss and hug her when she went to sleep he'd go up to their bedroom never quite had enough of being around her.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    jessienebulousjessienebulous Posts: 108 Member
    I usually play one family through generations (legacy style I guess, without rules though) and ignore premades because their names are themed/gimmicky and get on my nerves, but this time I decided to try rotational play to mimic some type of story progression. The Lewis/Kim genes line has produced some lovely looking sims, and surprisingly so has Cassandra Goth (though her surname is now James). Poor Alexander Goth grew up unfortunate-looking and looked perpetually sad, so I took him into fulleditmode and transitioned him into Alexia, and she made a wonderful wife and mother ;)

Don Lothario has excellent genes, but beware; despite his noncommital trait he's oddly clingy, and despite being dead for quite awhile, still calls up his great grandchildren to invite them out for dinner :D
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Romantic spam is common even among non-romantic sims. It's one of the things that bugs me in TS4 and why my sims are usually single. If romantic interests live together, they seem to spend the majority of the time spamming romance and never doing anything else.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    For my Sims the best relationships were with Akira Hibo and Sergio Romero, I know he hates children and is in a relationship but I got my Sims with him and changed his trait, he was the most loveable husband and father! :D same goes for Akira! Also Johnny zest is great! My vampire is with the Caleb vampire dude but he didn't like her until she changed but they're great now!
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    I am surprised, not one mention of Bella Goth so far in the thread. Games in which my main character is male, always end up with Mortimer getting hurt. :)

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Yeah I could never get into Sergio cause of the hates kids trait.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    They always seen to leave out decent single males. It was the same issue in TS3. Most of the single males have hates children/non-committal or they're just freaky.
  • Options
    Kaylee36Kaylee36 Posts: 32 Member
    I love Summer Holiday, and Malcom Langraab. I'm playing with him right now (still a teen in my game) and I can't wait to make my sim marry him! Otherwise, Zoe Patel, Candy & Yuki Berh are my faves.
    (i'm a french-canadian, so please don't juge my semi-good english!)
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    My sim (Rickey) is gay and has had a lot of lovers... because I had him start off with the Serial Romantic aspiration or whatever it's called. But once he completed that he wound up marrying Travis Scott. But he was already married actually, to Paolo Rocca... who was Rickey's first boyfriend. I play with the MC Command Center mod and I swear every time Rickey had his eyes set on someone... they got paired off with somebody else. Anyway in my experience, I would say that Travis makes a good lover... but maybe not so much the best father. I get the feeling Paolo would actually be better on that end of things too.

BUT between ALL of his lovers... I actually really liked Don Lothario the most. Yes, he is non committal, but once he does get tied down (which surprise, surprise... he did) he tends to be a very good lover AND father. He and his wife have multiple kids together now (which is why in the end Rickey gave him up), all of which are turning into very good looking young adults. Rickey and Travis adopted a girl. She seems to want to go to Travis for everything, but Rickey is the one that always wants to spend time with her.

So in the end, I would give Don a shot and see how things go for you.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Zoe Patel, Liberty Lee and Salim Benali have made the best partners for my sims. Salim has always been very loving towards the most recent sim I set him up with, even when they were courting

Ah yes, I have to confess to having a soft spot for Liberty Lee. I really like her name for a start. I do have to fess up to cheating to alter her walkstyle tho'.

I change her walk style as well. I play like she tries to become more refined after settling in with my sim
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    @klestrella
    Wow, that sounds... Unpleasant, to say the least... :neutral:
    I'll keep that in mind after Marcus' child is born...
    Well, I would hope he doesn't brawl with his own child. :lol: You still may want to keep an eye on him, though. :p
    This reminds me... I know that sims in a relationship with a sim with the non-committal trait will dislike it when the partner talks about their issues, so will this pose a problem if my sim marries a sim with that trait? Do they tend to talk about their commitment issues frequently?

@SparklePlumley, Your sim's relationship with Travis sounds really cute. :heart: It's weird, but I just realized that I don't think I've seen Travis in my save yet. Hopefully he'll go to a public lot at some point so my sim can introduce herself.

@RedDestiny92, Thanks for your reply! They sound like really sweet sims. Both sound very affectionate without being too clingy, so that's good to know. :)

@kittymeow, I do think Sergio is sweet, it's just that I've never been able to change a sim's trait without it showing up incorrectly in the relationship panels. :disappointed: I also like Caleb, but he's reserved for my vamp sim. ;)
    So in the end, I would give Don a shot and see how things go for you.
    I sent my sim out on a casual dinner date with him today and they seem to have hit it off. I was impressed that he added to the conversation just as much as she did; it's always something I watch for among sim couples but have trouble finding. I'm still feeling a little conflicted because my sim gets along really well with everyone, so it's proving difficult for me to decipher whether there's a romantic connection versus a friendly connection blossoming.
    Jestina wrote: »
    They always seen to leave out decent single males. It was the same issue in TS3. Most of the single males have hates children/non-committal or they're just freaky.
    That's what I'm starting to think, too. Even if they have good traits, why do most either end up being super obsessive or act standoffish? I've actually noticed that some of the sims with the negative traits end up making better partners than those you'd assume would be great. It's very bizarre.

* I'm really loving the discussion here so far! I'll continue getting my sim out there to meet these townies and see who she vibes with; but in the meantime, more suggestions are very welcome! :) *