Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone starting to get bored of vampires?

Comments

• Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    One thing that got me instantly bored with one of my vampires is the weakness Day Phobia. +4 Tense moodlet during daytime. This puts her in a bad mood for half the time I play her. I used to paint or stream video games during daytime, but now she's too tense for that. Going to work with the recommended emotion is also near impossible, so her career isn't progressing as fast. Half her playtime is screwed. I'm going to need to reset her points just because of that weakness.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't normally play supernatural Sims not my style but I bought the GP for the content. I found I really like these Vampires and I am not bored with them at all. They are fine for me and I don't really want them to do anything more then they do. The spider in the webs make me scared I don't like spiders so I remove them from all the houses.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    It could just be that I have a touch of Post-vampire depression.

Mothers get that sort of thing when they have a baby.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I ... haven't even seen a vampire in my main game yet (only played them in a quick test save).

So not getting bored anytime soon.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Nope still having fun with them and I am surprised considering I never really play supernaturals. I have created a story around my vamps though so they have their own drama and their interactions with normals is seduction or feeding.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Not at all. I never tire of the Supernaturals and these are the best yet, I like the hunter career too. Love this pack and the free toddlers are all I am interested in the Sims 4. Love them both so much - I can finally love Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Not bored at all and I don't imagine I will any time soon. I have many non-vampiric sims to play as well so things are progressing slowly. Also my plans for each household tend to change as the game goes on.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I didn't even have time to start to play with the Vamps jet. Just looked around in CAS and in FH. No I'm not bored at all. However I don't just play with Vampires, I have other "normal" Simfamilys as well with "normal" lifes ;).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No I'm not getting tired of vamps. I like drinking from other Sims in the town center at night. What's more is I love the caskets.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Play around with this and kill townies:
    Did you know, the emotions that vampires control actually stack? So you could use happy first and give +8 happy, and then use playful and it'll be +16 playful technically, instant hysteria for everyone in the room, thus eventually killing them all unless you dispell.

[...]

That's some dark stuff for you.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Honestly, You could make Demons out of Vampires, Break into some homes, woohoo with some sims, manipulate them to your heart's content.
    put some demon babies into the world.

I plan for while a vampire is giving birth, a Hunter comes along and kills her. he takes her Urn, as a trophy, and takes the baby into custody, raising him as his vampire slave/secret weapon. (in my hopes one day Vampires can drain/absorb Sorcerer's of their powers)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited January 2017
    Nope, not at all. In fact, my Vampire died in the sun (I didn't save the file though, so I can go back). Thirst isn't so much a problem (my main problem might be do to some mod as for some reason she still have the regular sims needs show up along with Vampire needs). I think patience, imagination and finding a balance is what makes the game work for me.

The Vampire I have, I want her to be the Vampire Queen and turn as many sims as she can and control them. But I might have some other sims that won't be Vampires that I play as well to be the Vampire hunters and try to 'slay' or cure them.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I'm bored of vampires and I haven't even bought the pack yet.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I am kind of wondering what to do with my vampires now.

You can't really play 'dark' vampires - ie sinisiter and scaring Sims.

Vampires in TS4 might as well be goths or something like that - they are almost like sharp-toothed clowns.

They just lack bite - they just are not scary or dark.

Hopefully a slightly darker vampire mod will be released.

I'm not bored, but maybe it's because I make the friendly and domesticated/mundane kind of vamps. (Think of Monster High vamps or Addams Family or Munsters kind of mundane.)

I also didn't really expect dark or scary vamps for a game that has already cheerful sims in the first place, and is meant to have mass appeal and be more, er, "family friendly"-ish.

This is the sims, which I always felt were pretty tame games (compared to other mainstream AAA and various retro games I've played), and I never felt that the vamps could ever be fully 100% dark or scary in a sims game.

Even in the past sims games, I never felt the vamps themselves were all that fully scary or dark (other things were more scarier for me, like Sims 1 burglars, naughty genies, and ghosts, etc), so I never thought they would ever be scary in Sims 4, the sims are usually grinning and had horrible AI reactions, and where nothing totally dark ever happen in this brightly colored happy-go-lucky game (Sims 4, I mean).

This is the Sims 4, after all, where sims barely react to the deaths of loved ones or crying baby objects, and make friends with other sims despite being enemies with whoever, etc. The AI never really reacted well in Sims 4 in the first place, and these Sims barely remember stuff like enemies or bad events in the first place.

This is Sims 4, where the love interactions are a lot more tamer/ more chaste and less hotter and less romantic than the love and romantic interactions in earlier games.

This is Sims 4, where in an interview, producer (I think it was a producer?) said that they toned down the angry gestures of these Sims because they felt that the angry gestures looked too "abusive".

The Sims 4 was always about toning down things, so I am not surprised that the vamps are not really scary in this colorful, bright, and very tame iteration.

I am not fond of fully scary or dark vamps, so this doesn't bother me, but I can understand how very disappointing it can be for those who did want more "darker"/scarier vamps.

I hope a mod will be made soon for those who do want the scarier/darker vamps. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Has anyone made a little shack, stuffed it full of vampires and put a woodworking bench or two outside?
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm a little bored if I'm honest. It reminds me very much of when Sims 4 first launched in that, I love the CAS stuff and it's very well thought out but it's lacking a little gameplay. Very few build mode objects for example have a function and about half of the interactions achieve nothing. Perhaps it's me as I like the powers, weaknesses and some of the interactions but I don't really know what to do with them just yet. I think there is something there but I can't put my finger on it. With the pun fully intended, it feels 'All mouth and no trousers', it seems good and some of it is, but it's lacking 'bite'.
    I'm also a little frustrated by some of the restrictions the game has. Clubs feel poor for vampires as in reality there is little to do with them and creating a venue is hard as the venue type doesn't quite fit Vampire club play e.g. generic and national park lots don't allow clubs, bars aren't suitable for teens, pools and parks mean it's inundated with kids. The fact you also can't see another's dark form is irritating and makes the game look odd when your sim is the only one dressed like a vampire.
    In reality, movies portray the exciting side of vampire life but in 'reality' as we play in The Sims, they are still Bob Pancakes from Willow Creek when they aren't sucking on someone's neck.

I do like it, but the novelty can easily wear off.
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I am kind of wondering what to do with my vampires now.

You can't really play 'dark' vampires - ie sinisiter and scaring Sims.

Vampires in TS4 might as well be goths or something like that - they are almost like sharp-toothed clowns.

They just lack bite - they just are not scary or dark.

Hopefully a slightly darker vampire mod will be released.

No because I've barely had the time to even play the game. I've been busy with school and work so since vamps released I've only been able to play for about 45 min total. And I still have plenty I need to do in game with them. Are you sure you've done everything you can with them?
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    hadklax wrote: »
    In reality, movies portray the exciting side of vampire life but in 'reality' as we play in The Sims, they are still Bob Pancakes from Willow Creek when they aren't sucking on someone's neck.

That's how vampires in Sims always played to me in Sims 3--they're pretty much weirdo sims with a strange diet that sometimes get negative reactions or disgraced reputations, but they're still like regular, domesticated sims. In Sims 4, this mundane "meh" reaction aspect is amplified even more because of the lack of negative consequences and lack of real emotions and inconsistent reactions.

BTW, I definitely think the reaction issue will always be there because Sims 4 always had those issues and Sims 4 never had any real serious or dark consequences and proper/consistent reaction AI.

This game (Sims 4) needs some really serious tweaking in the poor AI department, including reactions and the proper AI implementation of the unique traits.

Having more content (like toddlers, vamps, witches, Pets, Seasons, or tropical vacations, etc) will not fix this. The entire AI system itself needs to be substantially tweaked/fixed. More content is like adding only cosmetic bandaids over this deep flaw.

In terms of unique vamp play: I myself never expected vamps to be that much different from regular sims because then it would have to become a full fledged RPG game or vampire-dedicated simulator kind of game, which is not what the sims games are (or were, pre-Sims 4 especially).

The sims games have always been more about normal (human-like) or domesticated gameplay. So the vamps will still act like the sims. In the end, unless it's in a full-blown RPG dedicated to just vamp play, the concept of vamps to me is that: Vamps are pretty much like humans but with a strange diet, maybe getting into some violence, and maybe lots of hissing and an occasional odd magic power or two.

Having vamps will not automatically change the Sims game into something else. The vamp sims are still sims in a sims game.

So if you already thought the Sims 4 sims were goofy and/or had bad reaction AI, then...well, the vamps will still be the same as those sims.

I could see more mods that add details and more darker vamplike elements, but I wouldn't expect the sims game to change all that much. I think maybe Sims 1 or 2 has vamps that maybe somewhat different, but they always still had sims interactions and they still act like sims, though maybe a bit more evil/mean at times.

The games have to still fit within the sims worlds and sims gameplay without breaking the core sims gameplay. The Supernaturals in past games (besides maybe Makin' Magic EP?) never really drastically changed the entire sims gameplay, and those life state sims still act like, well, sims. :wink:

I never thought the vamps were going to bring about a huge, drastic change like making the sims games become a full-blown Vamp RPGS M-rated game like Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines or a full M-rated vampire simulation. I don't thin even Sims 1 has deep vamp simulation play or M-rated supernatural stuff. (Sexy or sensual stuff doesn't count. I'm talking full-on violence and darkness level.)

Plus, it's only a Game Pack, not an full-blown EP like in past games, either, so there is only so much the devs can add, I guess?

Anyway, yes, the reactions thing is something that always a core AI problem of Sims 4 from the beginning, so it's not like vamps are going to ever change that. That was and still is a huge issue for many simmers (including me) that has started from the base game level.

If Sims 4 sims never consistently reacted to important stuff in regular sims life since core bad game.....then it shouldn't be surprising that the sims aren't going to react to the expanded vamp stuff as well.

These sims have never really reacted well to stuff in the first place. That is a thing that many of us simmers (who didn't enjoy Sims 4 at launch, etc) have complained about since the beginning...
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    no it is fun :)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Quite the opposite. Thoroughly enjoying my vampires.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not at all. I never tire of the Supernaturals and these are the best yet, I like the hunter career too. Love this pack and the free toddlers are all I am interested in the Sims 4. Love them both so much - I can finally love Sims 4.

Exactly. Finally happy with what I can do in the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Not yet. I'm playing and testing out a challenge. It's inspired by the Room challenge, but with slaves... >:)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910680/vampire-mansion-challenge-and-story/p1
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    I am still playing it, and I am not bored yet. I liked having more options than in past games.

Toddlers and vamps make me much more happier with this game, though I still feel that the general AI is an ongoing issue.

I am still loving the content, though. I will be buying more packs in the future.

I am crossing my fingers for a beach pack with mermaids.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    GeeJawGeeJaw Posts: 45 Member
    I think it's fun, but I've definitely stopped making vampire sims just because it's a hassle to keep needing to read all those books and gain skills and points just to be able to go outside.
    2a4wpqp.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    One thing that got me instantly bored with one of my vampires is the weakness Day Phobia. +4 Tense moodlet during daytime. This puts her in a bad mood for half the time I play her. I used to paint or stream video games during daytime, but now she's too tense for that. Going to work with the recommended emotion is also near impossible, so her career isn't progressing as fast. Half her playtime is screwed. I'm going to need to reset her points just because of that weakness.

You can reset her powers and weaknesses in the Sim panel.