Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone starting to get bored of vampires?

Comments

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Nope. I played a regular Sim who made friends (and lovers) of some of her Forgotten Hollow neighbors until she was ready to turn. She turned last night, but I haven't had much time to play her.
    So tonight is my first full night with my new vamp! I can't imagine getting bored for another few months yet.
    And by then we'll have Vampire Bowling!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    DaKitty_10 wrote: »
    For me playing any of the Sims games with vampires, I never really hoped for scary. IDK I guess in my mind I don't think "scary" when it comes to vampires. Maybe werewolfs and mummies!

Me too but not with werewolves and mummies really. For me fear is based more in real tangible monsters like serial killers and real world bad guys but I'd NEVER want those in my game to be honest. I kinda like that they are so tongue-in-cheek and sorta funny.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    At the moment I like messing about with the vampire powers. But vampires can exist with very little/no sleep which is great for skill-building. I don't have them work though; they have a human slave for that. The slave also throws parties for the vampires to feed in the comfort of their own home.

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Only in the daytime, when my Sim's alone. She just watches TV all day.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Not yet because it's fun working with the powers and weaknesses to create sims, even if they're vampires, that are kinda unique in what they can and can't do. And klepto vampires make the best burglars.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I wish I had enough free time to explore a pack to its fullest in all of like 3 days since release. There are still things about some packs that came out half a year ago that I haven't seen yet. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Not bored at all - I am playing a Vampire Slayer in FH and a human Legacy in Windenburg along with those adorable little toddlers - my cuppeth, suddenly, runneth over. Having a blast for the first time ever in Sims 4 these last few days. I could do this forever.

I mean Supernaturals and toddlers are like my most enjoyable simming in Every Sims game - and to get both within nearly days of each other - I am in like Simming heaven and don't care if I ever leave here - for now anyway. Must add that in case I suddenly get fickle or something - heaven forbid. Waited way too long for this..... now I am going to drench myself in this game...

I can just imagine how amazing witches will be if Vamps is like this and toddlers are like they are... makes me dizzy just imagining...

Bored? W-what! You kid-ding me? phffftttt/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2017
    We've had the pack for a little bit under a week and you're already bored?! :astonished:

I've been taking my time with the pack, mostly because I'm still waiting for them to fix the bugs introduced in the toddler patch. (the sweet voice bug in particular is a real game-breaker for me)
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I am a power-player though - 12-15 hours a day.

I probably just do more in one day.

Anyway, it is more that the vampires are not evil, mean and dark enough. That's my main complaint - they are just not nasty enough.

Basically, my vampire just isn't an evil vampire - even with an evil trait and being in a Club that has the buffer that makes people fear your Club.

Just not dark enough for me.
  • RoozzyRoozzy Posts: 9 New Member
    Still loving the game pack! And I'm giving my vampires a bit of back story, so they'll take a while to develop.

I do feel like some changes can improve the game though.
    - Smarter NPC's and Sims not running out in daylight would be excellent

- Normal Sims are unaware of vampires by default until they confess to being a vampire (like Sims 3) and they should have a fear moodlet when vampires feed/reveal their dark form/use their powers. (Not by default because they won't know sims are Vampires until they confess/reveal dark form) I don't care about making things 'darker', you have mods for that, but in just about any vampire lore you'll find that humans are unaware of their existance and I think sims should have more of a reaction to it.

- I'd like to see the return of some traits from sims 3, like Brave, to add to this. Make a Brave vampire hunter who will slay vampires.

That's it for now, I saw some things mentioned before and I really hope they'll consider it!
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Lol, I feel like there's so many possibilities to do with vamps. Because they're immortal I'm trying to make "challenge" of sorts. Really an idea.. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/911094/ancient-noble-vampire-challenge-under-construction#latest

tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    I'm not bored yet. I like everything about this game pack. Well almost. I am a bit disappointed that there isn't a death from having your blood drained. I feel like the Drink Deeply action should have a possible death to victim. Like there should be a 50/50 chance of the sim dying from blood loss aka overexertion and if they survive, they should get a moodlet about it. Like the death by pufferfish thing. If not that then why not an illness from the vampire bite that if not treated within 24 hours, will end the sim's life. In folklore, a vampire bite was said to cause deadly illnesses and death. Honestly that's not going over the Teen rating. A lot of TEENS would love that.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sorry you feel that way OP, But I just got My pack and I will Never be tired of Vampires ever, I am Gothic and plan on staying that way till the end, :)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not getting bored, but then I don't play 12-15 hours a day. I think any game would get boring if you played that much. Make yourself a glass of the Sunshine Reversal potion and go outside for a few minutes.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @HenriettaStrife I believe someone made a mod just for players like you. Check this out:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15514578/#Comment_15514578
    It might be just what you are looking for.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm not bored, but maybe it's because I make the friendly and domesticated/mundane kind of vamps. (Think of Monster High vamps or Addams Family or Munsters kind of mundane.)
    Love those dolls!!

Not bored of vampires or Aliens. I wish Aliens had more powers though. :)

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    We need the fear emotion (hopefully it gets added with a Supernatural EP) and a new death; Death by Fear!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    We need the fear emotion (hopefully it gets added with a Supernatural EP) and a new death; Death by Fear!
    Oh like in sims2 when a ghost scared my sim to death.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Oh like in sims2 when a ghost scared my sim to death.

I kind of liked that one, it made Me laugh when I saw a Sim drop from fright, :)
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    jason712 wrote: »
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    EMOTIONS
    What happened to them for this pack?

I want VISUAL emotions - not some namby-pamby moodlet.

I think the problem for me is emotions in general in the game. There is for some bizarre reason no fear emotion. In fact for me the emotions are incredibly disappointing. They don't really tie into anything are make the Sims feel in anyway unique. Most of the time my Sim is happy or confident. Doesn't change the way my Sim interacts or the way I play. As a result of the emotions the traits have taken a back seat as well.

But I've gone off topic. A proper afraid emotion is needed. Where the Sim cowers to something that comforts them like a close friend or loved one, or hides under their bed sheets. Something like that.

I agree 100%. The emotions are just shallow. They aren't really even emotions just moods that flip flop faster that a teenager with raging hormones :#
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I would hate to think that I'm kind of bored with vampires in the game but it isn't really them it's just the game in general. Don't get me wrong I like the game but sometimes it just feels like "bleh" you know? I've been feeling the same way about TS3 and everyone knows I LOVE TS3. I just think I need to take a break from The Sims just to reignite my interest in it again.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm not anywhere near really getting into them yet but I have the plan to turn one at some point into a Intersiminal Thief using the ability to enter houses without permission and then just take things to fund his lavish lifestyle without working.

Now that's an interesting twist -- a Vampire with the Klepto trait and Vampiric Entrance could be kind of fun. I'm working on my vampire who will be wooing (and Woohooing) the town, though I need to add a few more single Sims to houses and apartments. Maybe I'll start that after he gets to Master Vampire and moves to San Myshuno to go into politics (he's going to lose his Creative trait and pick up Evil in the process).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    One thing that got me instantly bored with one of my vampires is the weakness Day Phobia. +4 Tense moodlet during daytime. This puts her in a bad mood for half the time I play her. I used to paint or stream video games during daytime, but now she's too tense for that. Going to work with the recommended emotion is also near impossible, so her career isn't progressing as fast. Half her playtime is screwed. I'm going to need to reset her points just because of that weakness.

Hmmm -- there's the Carefree purchase trait that keeps Sims from getting Tense; I wonder if that would offset it? (I might test that later today using the cheats for equipping traits and vampire powers.

I haven't even gotten my vampire a job; I've got him at home painting to make what money he needs and lives fairly frugally anyway (mostly uses money to buy his vampire tomes and the occasional round of drinks at one of the bars at night so he can meet Sims).
    Only in the daytime, when my Sim's alone. She just watches TV all day.

I use the mornings for my Sim to paint and study (he's still only a level 1 or 2 vampire), then sleep in the afternoons. Once I get enough money to expand his house I'll build him an office for the computer, easel and get him a workbench to start working on Handiness; I need him at Level 10 to access the Grotto in Oasis Springs because that would be a great place to fish during the daytime hours. (If we get more supernaturals I'd love to see some tweaks to Sylvan Glade to make it more useful to go there, especially for supernaturals -- maybe supernaturals can get access easier, and human Sims would have more chance to meet a witch or a fairy there.)
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I don't like Vampires never did. Well but i think they look cool.