Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Problems

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Can I have the options of not having aliens please. Not everyone likes aliens and I seem to be having an increase of female aliens trying to be part of the society all of a sudden!

Hello
    If you use mods, MC Command Center mod has settings that can reduce the number of aliens the game generates. The settings sre in the occult module of the mod
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
  • Options
    CosmicJewelCosmicJewel Posts: 18 Member
    I'm not seeing anyone else having the issue I currently am...some people are reporting lag but only at morning/evening? My game is unplayable. Everything is extremely choppy - sound is completely fine, but if I say zoom in/out or watch my sims do an action, it just cuts frame by frame (like if you were to take your game and take a picture every second or so). I can see it in scrolling in CAS as well - not as bad, but something's off. It's hard to explain, but the best words to describe it would be choppy and jerky.

I do use a lot of mods and CC, but the issue isn't related to that as I've played the game with an empty mods folder and the issue still persists.
    Repair game didn't do anything.
    I tried moving my tray to the desktop and starting up the game, but it's still there.

I'm not really sure what's going on, anytime I've had an issue in the past, the above three methods worked for me. Hopefully someone knows what's going on, since it doesn't seem like anyone else is having the same issue as me.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited January 2018
    Did not realise this was necro'd and the problem fixed itself
  • Options
    I'm not seeing anyone else having the issue I currently am...some people are reporting lag but only at morning/evening? My game is unplayable. Everything is extremely choppy - sound is completely fine, but if I say zoom in/out or watch my sims do an action, it just cuts frame by frame (like if you were to take your game and take a picture every second or so). I can see it in scrolling in CAS as well - not as bad, but something's off. It's hard to explain, but the best words to describe it would be choppy and jerky.

I do use a lot of mods and CC, but the issue isn't related to that as I've played the game with an empty mods folder and the issue still persists.
    Repair game didn't do anything.
    I tried moving my tray to the desktop and starting up the game, but it's still there.

I'm not really sure what's going on, anytime I've had an issue in the past, the above three methods worked for me. Hopefully someone knows what's going on, since it doesn't seem like anyone else is having the same issue as me.

Hello @CosmicJewel
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • Options
    @rosemow The first two solutions didn't work. Here's the link to the dxdiag: h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/C5qVAwpA
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @rosemow The first two solutions didn't work. Here's the link to the dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/C5qVAwpA

Hello @CosmicJewel
    I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things are causing the issues.
    I am so sorry :(
    You are also getting low in free hard drive space. It would be best to try to free up some space by removing old programs you no longer use, or transfer photos to an external drive.

If the issue occurred after installing Cats and Dogs ep, you could try disabling the pack and see if that helps.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/
    Try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options.
    Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @CosmicJewel
    > I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    > You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things are causing the issues.
    > I am so sorry :(
    > You are also getting low in free hard drive space. It would be best to try to free up some space by removing old programs you no longer use, or transfer photos to an external drive.
    >
    > If the issue occurred after installing Cats and Dogs ep, you could try disabling the pack and see if that helps.

> Try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options.
    > Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.
    >
    > If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.
    >
    > If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you

That doesn't make sense...I've played TS4 for three years flawlessly on this computer. I did recently get Cats and Dogs, but it worked fine. This issue only popped up after patching. I'll test in laptop mode and windowed mode and lowering resolution and post again.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @CosmicJewel
    > I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    > You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things are causing the issues.
    > I am so sorry :(
    > You are also getting low in free hard drive space. It would be best to try to free up some space by removing old programs you no longer use, or transfer photos to an external drive.
    >
    > If the issue occurred after installing Cats and Dogs ep, you could try disabling the pack and see if that helps.

> Try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options.
    > Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.
    >
    > If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.
    >
    > If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you

That doesn't make sense...I've played TS4 for three years flawlessly on this computer. I did recently get Cats and Dogs, but it worked fine. This issue only popped up after patching. I'll test in laptop mode and windowed mode and lowering resolution and post again.

Hello.
    Each patch and pack adds extra pressure on the computer to run the game. The patch may have caused these issues. Sometines the game can be working okay, then the next time it doesn’t work. Having a lot of cc can also add to the strain on the computer to run the game. I am sorry :(
  • Options
    Putting it into windowed fullscreen seems to have completely fixed my game. Thank you!
  • Options
  • Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    I'm not sure if this is from the latest patch or not, but the last time I tried it it was working... soooo...

Anyway, my kid sim is sick and I got a notification that he should stay home from school to rest up and get better, that's fine, done it before. However, this time there was no option to have him call into school sick. I tried to have his older brother (the household adult) call in sick for him. I couldn't do that either, the only option was to write an excuse note. Which I did. It just takes forever and he tries to go to school if you don't do it soon enough.

Just wondering if it's a bug or if the option for kids to call in sick to school was removed on purpose for some reason. Thanks!
  • Options
    Jenna2376 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is from the latest patch or not, but the last time I tried it it was working... soooo...

Anyway, my kid sim is sick and I got a notification that he should stay home from school to rest up and get better, that's fine, done it before. However, this time there was no option to have him call into school sick. I tried to have his older brother (the household adult) call in sick for him. I couldn't do that either, the only option was to write an excuse note. Which I did. It just takes forever and he tries to go to school if you don't do it soon enough.

Just wondering if it's a bug or if the option for kids to call in sick to school was removed on purpose for some reason. Thanks!

Hello
    There should still be option to call in sick for school.
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Not sure if this is patch related or Laundry Day related, and none of this is in any way a big thing or hindering my gameplay, but thought I should mention them somewhere so the devs can take a peek at it when they have time from fixing more serious bugs.

My freshly (just before Laundry Day) created sim gets strange wishes. She wants to Get out in the City ("From Apartment Living") although she lives in Brindleton Bay. She also gets a wish to Buy a Wash Tub ("From Having No Laundry Appliances") although she has both the washer and drier in use. Most strangely though, she's received phone calls/text messages from two children she's never met, asking her to come out and play. Like she was a child, although she's a young adult. She was created as a young adult and hasn't even met the children in question since she hasn't really done that much yet at all.

Otherwise Laundry Day has been running smoothly for me and haven't noticed anything weird so far. :)
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @Lumiasta I don't know about most of these, but the "Get out in the city" wish has been an issue for quite a while. I can't remember when it started. In fact, I think it's been there ever since I got the pack this autumn.
  • Options
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    Not sure if this is patch related or Laundry Day related, and none of this is in any way a big thing or hindering my gameplay, but thought I should mention them somewhere so the devs can take a peek at it when they have time from fixing more serious bugs.

My freshly (just before Laundry Day) created sim gets strange wishes. She wants to Get out in the City ("From Apartment Living") although she lives in Brindleton Bay. She also gets a wish to Buy a Wash Tub ("From Having No Laundry Appliances") although she has both the washer and drier in use. Most strangely though, she's received phone calls/text messages from two children she's never met, asking her to come out and play. Like she was a child, although she's a young adult. She was created as a young adult and hasn't even met the children in question since she hasn't really done that much yet at all.

Otherwise Laundry Day has been running smoothly for me and haven't noticed anything weird so far. :)

Hello
    The first whim has been listed on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Whims/m-p/6381242#M45235
    You may like to post feedback on the second whim there also.
    You may like to post about the text massges on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Weird-phone-and-text-messages/m-p/6382671#M45241
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Thank you, @rosemow, commented on both threads!
  • Options
    PlynnsPlynns Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having issues with mods. After the January patch this year all of my mods were disabled and once I re-enabled them all the clothes, makeup, hair..etc were missing. They are still in my mods folder and show at start-up but I had to re-apply everything manually. Why did this happen and how can I avoid it in the future?
  • Options
    Plynns wrote: »
    I'm having issues with mods. After the January patch this year all of my mods were disabled and once I re-enabled them all the clothes, makeup, hair..etc were missing. They are still in my mods folder and show at start-up but I had to re-apply everything manually. Why did this happen and how can I avoid it in the future?

Hello @Plynns
    When you start the game after a patch, and your mods have been disabled, go to game options and re enable the mods/cc but then come out of the game without saving the game. Then reload the game, and your cc will still be on your sims. Because you saved the game before exiting the game after changing the setting, you saved the game without cc being in the game, on your sims.
  • Options
    PlynnsPlynns Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh. My. God. I'm an idiot. Thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    ben10ben10 Posts: 25 Member
    I've been having issues with the latest patch update. When ever my male sims tend to shower they go in the shower wear base game female dresses. I just want to is there any known fix for this?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ben10 wrote: »
    I've been having issues with the latest patch update. When ever my male sims tend to shower they go in the shower wear base game female dresses. I just want to is there any known fix for this?

Hello @ben10
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try repairing the game and see if that may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    ben10ben10 Posts: 25 Member
    @rosemow I did all the suggestion you've said to do I'm still get the problem. I'm trying doing the 50/50 method to see if it still continues.
  • Options
    ben10 wrote: »
    @rosemow I did all the suggestion you've said to do I'm still get the problem. I'm trying doing the 50/50 method to see if it still continues.

Does the issue stiil occur when your mods folder is not in the sims 4 folder?