Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Problems

New patch, new problems....

In CAS if you are in close edit mode, if you try to undo, it pops me back to full body view.
My game is lagging and freezing again. Sims standing for hours while my toddler slowly starves... And most attempts to feed the little guy fail. He ends up just grabbing something off the counter and sitting on the kitchen floor to eat. Bathtime fails about 50% of the time.

I love patch day, but it always fubars the game.

Comments

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Oh, and random things popping into household inventory. I didn't move walls or anything, but three times my table lamps ended up in the household inventory.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm having issues with music going silent on the radio halfway thru songs. When silent you can still see musical notes. Happened with both new toddler radio stations.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2017
    I haven't experienced the inventory glitch in my game, but I can definitely say that I've experienced the CAS bug you mentioned and the freezing/lagging issues. My FPS keep dropping below 30 and it stutters in the mornings and evenings. The game also freezes every once in awhile (especially when switching between tabs and when a Sim's emotion changes). This never happened before the patch. I still love having toddlers, but I hope these new issues are fixed soon.

Also, the Sims' mouths either don't move when talking or their movements are delayed. The mouth movements don't match their voices.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oh, and random things popping into household inventory. I didn't move walls or anything, but three times my table lamps ended up in the household inventory.

This has been happening to me prior to the patch. However it has been only happening when I place lots in world from My Library.
    the Staircase going to my 2nd floor level, items placed on shelves and surfaces, like lamps, flowers, collectables, trophies, and mainly thing I used move objects to get into perfect position.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    My 2 white sims had a black baby and when I used full edit mode to correct the bug my sim came out of CAS pregnant again. Free extra kid lol.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I am having the issues with sims standing around while my toddlers starve. Makes it really hard with twins!! Don't know how they haven't been taken by social services yet! Really annoying!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I don't know if it's new because I haven't played a while but - my Sim aspiration was to find 20 types of fish, I found 22 (!!!) and it's stuck on 14

-Yarden.
  • Options
    sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    My game was sort of a mess after the update. I could hardly interact with my toddler. I'd put her in her highchair and give her food and she would just sit there and starve. I couldn't take her to the potty. My sims could barely interact with her and I was having to use testingcheats on just to keep her from getting taken away.

I had turned off script mods but that didn't help. Nothing worked right with my toddlers until I turned off all mods and CC. I hardly have any CC just a few clothes and hairdos (less than 20) but that was enough to mess up my game. The only mod I had was to remove the mosaic from naked sims but that was enough to mess up bath time for the toddlers as well.

I've always fleshed out my Sims games in CC and mods but I've learned that the games can really get messed up from that so over time I've graduated to one of those "vanilla" game players especially after my Sims 3 got filled with those stupid centaurs.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    The only mod I had was the all beds the same mod. I took it out. I don't know if that solved the toddler issue as I moved on to another Sim. Bit the lagging and freezing is still going on. I may just live with it til The GP. I generally start a new save when new stuff comes out. So if I have to repair the game and reset the folders I will do it then.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I repaired my game after update just to try and avoid problems, not ran into anything just yet..
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I had lag issues mostly. Took out all my cc and the couple of mods I had and it cleared at least in the household. I can whip in and out of CAS.

Have not tried managing households yet.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I don't know if it's new because I haven't played a while but - my Sim aspiration was to find 20 types of fish, I found 22 (!!!) and it's stuck on 14

The 20 fish have to come from the original 22 that came with the base game. The fish that they've added with Outdoor Retreat and patches don't count. I think you have to go to Forgotten Grotto (the mine) and also Sylvan Glade to get them all.

• Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I'm trying to install the patch and it isn't working. I had it installing for 5 hours and it was up to 58%, but now I checked it and it's back down to 8% and has 9 hours remaining.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @keylimepiesims I had to awesome that even though I know it's a pain for you. Because... that picture!

Lots of people are getting that mouth-moving thing. You can "me too" here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-don-t-move-their-mouths-properly/m-p/5816712#U5816712
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    @keylimepiesims I had to awesome that even though I know it's a pain for you. Because... that picture!

Lots of people are getting that mouth-moving thing. You can "me too" here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-don-t-move-their-mouths-properly/m-p/5816712#U5816712

Haha it really took me by surprise, it doesn't really bother me that much because I can just delete them, but I thought I'd post the picture to get some giggles out of it.

Thanks for the link, glad to know I'm not the only one having the issue.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Thankfully, I haven't experienced any of these bugs. However, if I have two sims in the same room and I tell one of them to go and take a picture of the other, she goes out of the room and try to take a picture there.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited January 2017
    I didn't get to play around with it too much, but I noticed that my sims eyes would change position when I give them makeup on. it's hard to explain what happens and I'm not able to post pictures right now ):

I also have that bug where their mouths don't move when talking, and it's really annoying me :confounded: Hopefully they'll come out with an update asap to fix the more game breaking bugs (like male sims disappearing??? but I heard that should be mod related)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Faberries wrote: »
    I didn't get to play around with it too much, but I noticed that my sims eyes would change position when I give them makeup on. it's hard to explain what happens and I'm not able to post pictures right now ):

I also have that bug where their mouths don't move when talking, and it's really annoying me :confounded: Hopefully they'll come out with an update asap to fix the more game breaking bugs (like male sims disappearing??? but I heard that should be mod related)

Yep, that one's mod-related. Updating MCCC to the current (as of this last hour or two, not earlier today) version should stop it happening.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    I noticed two things while playing yesterday. But, at the time I had a few Mods. I just removed them so not sure if the problem will go away or not. The first problem was it was time for my toddler to age up and I had my sim make a cake for him. Once the cake was made & on the table I couldn't add a topper to it. I had no way to light the candles for him to age up. So he aged up without a birthday party and wasn't happy. My other problem is the online dating seems to have vanished. I couldn't find it at all!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I haven't experienced the inventory glitch in my game, but I can definitely say that I've experienced the CAS bug you mentioned and the freezing/lagging issues. My FPS keep dropping below 30 and it stutters in the mornings and evenings. The game also freezes every once in awhile (especially when switching between tabs and when a Sim's emotion changes). This never happened before the patch. I still love having toddlers, but I hope these new issues are fixed soon.

Also, the Sims' mouths either don't move when talking or their movements are delayed. The mouth movements don't match their voices.
    The lag while emotions with many moodlets change can be annoying, but it was already there before the patch - as well as the silent radio. I think that the patch has repaired my game and made it smoother. But the devs should restrict the number of moodlets, especially on community lots with traits.

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

The lag while emotions with many moodlets change can be annoying, but it was already there before the patch - as well as the silent radio. I think that the patch has repaired my game and made it smoother. But the devs should restrict the number of moodlets, especially on community lots with traits.

I don't recall any if these things happening before the patch though. Especially the low FPS and stuttering around morning and evenings. My FPS will literally drop from like 50-60 to under 30 for a couple seconds, but then shoot right back up to the 40s and 50s. I'm not expecting the game to run at a perfectly smooth 60 FPS all the time, but the FPS drops are annoying. I don't remember this happening before the patch. And whenever the night transitions to morning (or day transitions to evening), the camera stutters for a few seconds while it happens. I also don't use any mods, so that can't be the reason. It's also not my PC either because all my other games are fine on high and ultra settings with very little to no lag. Even Sims 3 doesn't have this many FPS drops (which says a lot).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Not too many issues with this patch.. except my sim had a baby, I edited the toddler in CAS and when I went back she was pregnant again, few seconds later she popped out a second kid out of nowhere.. So um, that happened.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Yardenro wrote: »

The 20 fish have to come from the original 22 that came with the base game. The fish that they've added with Outdoor Retreat and patches don't count. I think you have to go to Forgotten Grotto (the mine) and also Sylvan Glade to get them all.

ohhhhhh thank you!!

-Yarden.
  • Options
    IbeanobswifeIbeanobswife Posts: 166 Member
    I am having the issues with sims standing around while my toddlers starve. Makes it really hard with twins!! Don't know how they haven't been taken by social services yet! Really annoying!

I'm having this problem too. They start to give them food and act like they can't put it on the high chair and then put the food in their inventory.