Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kat Silver "Multi-Simmer" Random Legacy

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited March 2017
    Wow, that's a great idea @kethrydrake! That seems a great way to make legacy play more appealing. Add as you go.

Here's pics of the house I had and Ty as a tot. I'll try to redo the house and move them back again.
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/legacy/random-legacy/interruption/

I did redo the house and give it a second story, but it's still messed up somehow. They take the laundry outside and dump it. Even the adults have problems socializing together in the living room at times, like to do the cheer. And, of course the toddler interactions only work to put him in or out of something. Setting him on, or picking him up from, the floor will just queue drop.

The good news is that I could take him to the library and interact there. My library has potty chairs in the toilets and the toys, so he was able to skill up without a problem. Boy was that a headache. I don't look forward to having the next kid any time soon.

Ty just turned to a child in my game. I TCE aged up as soon as I got the birthday notice. His dad had picked him up and the mom was suppose to take him to the cake, but the dad couldn't put Ty down any where. I reset the dad, but the mom still couldn't pick up Ty. So... TCE to the rescue again!

Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2017
    That really stinks you're having issues. In my game, Kat insisted on playing the guitar outside ran or shine but no other issues.

Aw, that is a nice skintone and hes so cute.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Well, here's the pics to go with the latest make-over of the house and Ty aging up to child:
    Tot
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    Sims 4 update:

Not much happened last time. All the kids aged up and moved out except for Xiomara, who will be Reese's "help". She joined the Criminal (boss) career since her randomly generated adult trait was kleptomaniac. Jaden is still Level 7 Secret Agent. Reese is a teen. The repairman got stuck in Jaden's chest when he went to repair the dishwasher while Jaden was making lunch...gotta love the graphic glitches. The repairman can phase through someone to fix an object, but sims can't route themselves properly to the bathroom if the nearest one is already occupied...
  • Options
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @ciane I love Tiberius's choice of work wear. :D The house looks even better but a shame your sims still can't quite to advantage of the new space. Very frustrating I'm sure. Ty is a good mix of his parents
    @kethrydrake Gotta love when it's time to move some sims out. It can get a bit crowded.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    This sounds so fun! Really thinking about joining in on this :) Loving your stories.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Hey guys, just a quick update on things. I'll be posting another Part of Leonidas here soon, but after that I'm taking a bit of a break. I have pretty bad social anxiety and really need a break from the forums since mostly I just feel stress when coming on them instead of fun.

It's nothing against any of ya'll, just my own thing I have to deal with. I'll still come on here and there, but probably won't be too active and chatty. I will try to keep the first page updated to ya'lls posts (I know I'm behind right now).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @ChelleJo I am so sorry you are going through this *hugs* As the mother of a teen who has extreme anxiety, social and otherwise, I feel for you. I won't say I understand because I don't even understand what my son goes through but I do know that it stops him dead in his tracks when he is going through a bad patch. Take care of yourself and know that your friends are here when you are ready *hugs again*
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited March 2017
    I kind of 'accidentally' deleted Kat's save. Well...I had to clean out my saves folder a bit :D that means I decided to quit. It's just...I barely find motivation for anything these days.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Uh oh! Sorry to hear about the social anxiety and the lack of motivation. Hugs you both!

I was coming to say that I got the original house to work (I think), so I've played through another week with lots of stuff happening.

Lots

@xitneverendss - I love your user name! And, I do think it would be fun if you joined in. I'd love to see what happens in your game.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Mikezumi Thank you so much for your words. *hugs* It relieves me to know you understand. <3

@ciane Thanks. :) Glad you got the house to work.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ciane haha thanks! I used to be a huge Bring Me the Horizon fan and that's still my favorite song by them to this day, though I don't listen to them or that kind of music much anymore.

@ChelleJo aw, sorry to hear that. Will miss seeing you around these sections. Hope you'll start to feel better.
  • Options
    update
    KSMC S3
  • Options
    @kethrydrake - You have such big households it makes my head spin trying to keep up with everything!

I played some MORE.
  • Options
    I leave them on free will a lot...but now I'm down to 7 sims in my sims 3 game. Lucian, Quinten, Felipe, Nathaniel, Aiden, Elliana, and Dania.

In my sims 4 game, I have 4 adults and 3 children...soon to be 4 children. Reece will have 5 children with his husband Rory. So far they have a son and twin daughters. Jaden is 84 and level 8 Secret Agent. Xiomara is a level 4 Criminal. Rory is a level 2 Athlete. Reece is a level 4 Tech Guru and had a Wedding party...only a silver because the caterer didn't actually make any food...Quinn (the son) will have a birthday party when he ages up to child. The girls are Elena and Mary.
  • Options
    r2.png
    Ty gets to remain single and have only one child while working his way to the top of the culinary career. He will grow all his own produce and never take a taxi! The trait he lives by will probably be the green thumb one.
  • Options
    Hey guys! I've been catching up on all your stories and following you guys on tumblr and I've decided to join in on the fun! Hope that's okay :3 So without further ado, here's my version of Kat Silver (who's now my avi cus she's just so darn cute! Hope that's okay @Simasaurus09!:

yXkDvvu.png

Annnnnnd her generation one goals:
    2JtN4Y8.png

Living green is going to be a tough one, especially for gen one! I've never really done much with the gardening skill! Anyway, I decided to make a simblr to share Kat's adventures, check it out here if you're interested! I'm not much of a story-teller when it comes to the sims, I just take lots of pictures xD Hope you guys will check it out and keep posting about your own crazy adventures!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Looks like we'll both be living green this gen and single!

Great site by the way! And great name!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Generation 7 Starts: Elliana Silver

Couple + Friend - Basically you've got the couple, and then you've got a friend/sibling/cousin/whatever crashing on the couch. The non-paired sim can be in a romance, but may not move his/her significant other(s) into the household (unless the youngest child is halfway through the teen stage). The friend works just like the helper sim in Single Parent with Help. All the sims can have children in the household, provided you've rolled enough kids. In any case, your heir rolls in section C for career. The other two can either roll in section D for careers, or one rolls in section D and one rolls in section C.
    Job Hopper - Must play a sequence of careers in order, playing each career until you reach level 5 (for careers or professions), or for a week in sim-time (for part time and non-standard careers). Roll ten times for the different careers, and play them in the order you rolled them. Your sim may retire or die before they have played through all ten careers. If you happen to reach the end of the sequence, the sim may stay in the 10th career indefinitely, or you may roll ten more times.
    None – This sim must not work to earn money. This means they may not sell paintings or other art objects, sell collected items, etc. They are allowed to earn money through opportunities only.
    Blogger - Earn money through blogging. Ask your followers for donations and sell your most popular blogs for cash.
    Fulfilled – Both your heir and their spouse (if applicable) must obtain their LTW. Changing the LTW via aspiration reward is allowed.
    In addition, any Wish that is "promised" (that is, pinned to the board) MUST be fulfilled. You may only cancel a promised wish if it becomes impossible to fulfill. You do not have to promise every wish, but once promised this rule applies.
    Hidden Heritage - The mother/father of the heir's children must have a special hidden trait. These hidden traits are found on WA locals/tourists, Supernatural lifestate Sims, and certain service NPCs.
    To find a Foreign hidden trait Sim, you may travel to a WA location and find your partner there, or partner with a WA tourist visiting your town. You may also move any premade WA location family to your hometown. If you live in a custom world that has premade families who have the foreign hidden traits, you may also partner with one of them. You may add foreign culture traits to families in your neighborhood where appropriate, or seed your town with families who have a foreign culture trait. But you may not create a Sim specifically to be the partner of your heir.
    For Supernatural Sims, any supernatural life state Sim that you can breed with counts: ghosts, vampire, genie, imaginary friend, fairy, werewolf, witch, alien. If you use a mod that allows breeding with Simbots, that's fine too. As with the WA rule, you may populate your town with Supernaturals as needed, by taking families from other towns or turning your neighbors. You may add CAS created supe families to your town at any time, but you may not create a Sim specifically to be the partner of your Sim in this roll.
    For NPC Sims, you can partner with any suitable service NPC. The ones that have hidden traits are: Maids, Police, Firefighters, Burglars and Pizza Deliverators. Note: For this roll, playable Sims in the Crime, Law Enforcement or Firefighter careers do NOT count. Your Sim must partner with a service NPC. Of course if you marry/move them in, they cease to be service NPCS and must take whatever secondary career you rolled, but they must start as service NPCs, not neighbors.
    For any category, you may edit the looks of the partner in CAS. Also, sometimes the hidden traits pass on to offspring, but sometimes they don't. The next generation heir is not required to have a hidden trait, they just have to have a parent with one.
    For additional flavor, you can try to dress/decorate this generation to reflect the heritage of the hidden trait parent.
  • Options
    Kind of a bummer to have none and blogger as additional choices while the main one has to keep starting over all the time. Interesting twist with the hidden trait. Have fun!
  • Options
    Since Elliana didn't get and IF, she'll be marrying a genie. Personally I'm hoping the genie she gets is female so she doesn't have to lose work due to pregnancy, though she only has to have two children. Also, her first career is Pro Sports. Her younger sister, Dania, will be her "help". Lucian is one promotion away from maxing Journalism. Quintin has reached the branch for Music, he joined the Starlight Shores Philharmonic Orchestra. Felipe is a level 5 Astronomer. His husband, Nathaniel, is level 1 or 2 Sports Agent, in part because of two pregnancies and partly because his "unstable" trait causes him to go to work in a bad mood a lot, even if everything else is green.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Looks like we'll both be living green this gen and single!

Great site by the way! And great name!

@ciane thanks! I honestly don't even know where to start, it's been such a long time since I've done any gardening! Went to the store and bought a bunch of random produce only to have to sell half of it back because her skill was too low to plant them and she wasn't allowed to eat it lol
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @xitneverendss - I have an advantage because it's my second gen, so he can use harvested crops as his starters when he moves. And there is a very small garden started on the lot he's moving to. :)

Are they allowed to buy from the grocery store to plant the garden or do they have to harvest from a community or residential lot and find seeds?

I'm really new to the whole random legacy thing. The gen I just finished was my first.