The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 20 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Vampire render by me (Not official) updated 1/19/2017

Comments

  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Still loving the renders!

    Is it possible to make Vampire Toddlers too? ;-)

    Im glad you like them :)
    Omg I have been thinking about how cute they would be, I will definitely be making one of them! Or two.. ;)
    (Everyone, I'd just like suggestions for poses, clothes, skin, etc. still)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 17,923 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    TayTayGee wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    TayTayGee wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Personally liked how they looked before. Don't know why you felt the need to make them paler, as vampires can be any skin color...

    This exactly. I don't even want a paler tint applied to them. Just leave them with whatever skin they had at death. There is plenty of vampire lore out there for blood keeping their bodies in pristine condition at the time of their death. So there is really no need to make their body seem dead as long as they are feeding their bodies aren't really "dead". The blood keeps their skin flush. If people want their own overlays they can already do that through CC or they can make the overlay optional because I am tired of black vampires looking like plum.

    Except they're also pale because they can't go in the sun.. Ever see someone who works the graveyard shift? Try that for several centuries and see how tan they are.

    Yeah I agree with this!

    Vampires lose pigment when they translation. They don't look flushed in any sense. They look deathly pale. Not like they just got off of a sun bed.

    They need to look pale or they will look odd.

    --T

    In the files for this vampire pack it says you can have your vampire be whatever color you'd like. Pale or Normal.

    Calm down sweetie. I know you're reveling in the attention your renders (both here and in the toddlers thread) are giving you, but if you post anything on here, people will have an opinion about it. Your renders are cute, but I hope the real thing is done better, more scary and creepy.

    Um that is not very nice of you to say. What is your problem with her renders? This just concept art, don't take it too seriously! Opinions do matter, but you have to watch how you say it and make sure it doesn't OFFEND anyone. You aren't paying attention to yourself hurting @Dreagen1 feelings. Try being respectful and stop being to critically harsh.

    She said she was never doing it for attention. It was something everyone wanted to see. Why won't you go criticize people like yourself?

    I have no problem with the renders. I have said that they are well done. Everyone seems to have misinterpreted my statement about reveling in the attention being received from them. I did not mean it was bad. I meant that they should revel in the attention because of how well they were done. If I had done those renders and I were getting much deserved appreciation for them, I would certainly revel in the attention. Maybe I worded it poorly. My bad. I have been in these forums long enough to know that when toddlers arrive and pre-teens don't, there will be those that say that they saw renders of pre-teens and there were surveys about pre-teens, so where are the pre-teens? Why would they make renders to get our hopes up if they aren't coming? Regardless of the NOT OFFICAL part of the title, people will still find a way to somehow blame Deagen1 for the mix up. How do you think Dreagen1 will feel then? I just don't want any blowback to affect Dreagen1 in a bad way. You know this could happen. All it will take is one person to start the "where's my pre-teens" ball rolling and a lot of people will jump on board.

    And for you to tell me to show respect to others and their opinions is a joke. Didn't you tell me to "please get out" of another thread where I had posted my opinion? In this thread you tell me to go criticize people like myself and I just have. That makes you no better (or worse) than me. Practice what you preach.

    Oh you didn't mean to say it in a negative way? I'm sorry I accused you of saying that to be mean. You weren't. I know you weren't being that negative on her renders. I respect your opinion. And the last part is right. I didn't realize i did the same thing.

    I took the "Calm down sweetie" part as rude.. Calling me sweetie was demeaning to say, and made me seem like I was taking all this publicity and attention and acting like a brat, which I was not. Also to add in this comment, they made it seem like I wasn't letting people have an opinion from the "but if you post anything on here, people will have an opinion about it." I took this comment as rude behavior. I cant see any of their comment as anything other than that. Plus the "Your renders are cute, but I hope the real thing is done better" hurt.. I really took this comment as hate, maybe you didn't mean it that way when you typed it but it just sounds mean when reading it.. Just saying...

    Me calling you sweetie is demeaning you as a woman, but you create a female vampire in a mini skirt, lace thigh high stockings and 9 inch spike heels and that doesn't demean women? Fine, I guess as a woman, you're allowed to demean women. And me saying that everyone is allowed to have a different opinion than you and can post it is considered rude? Seriously? Your renders are cute and I do want the ones in the pack to be even better and that hurt your feelings? Cute is now an insult? Am I only allowed to heap praises on you so your feelings don't get hurt? My opinion is my opinion and I'm allowed to have it and saying that I hope the real vampires are even better is also my opinion, but if you read it as hate because your feeling were hurt, there's nothing I can do about that. As I have said and now repeat, if you make a post, be prepared for others not to like it, feelings not with standing. Did I come in here and call you rude and say that you hurt my feelings when you bashed me every time someone else said things like "don't let those people get you down". Those people? Would that be people who disagree with you or people who don't heap praise on your renders or anyone with an opinion of their own? Those people is a rude thing to say, but I didn't call you out, did I?
    I also know that this post will probably send you into the nearest corner mumbling to yourself about the mean guy who defended himself from the mean girl.

    And let me add this to everyone. It's 2017. The year of participation trophies for just showing up and calling people rude because they disagree with you or have a different opinion and hurt your feelings, is over. It's time to grow up. So put on your big boy/big girl pants and stop whining when everything doesn't go your way. That's life, deal with it.
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    edited January 2017
    Deleted
    Post edited by Dreagen1 on
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,936 Member
    @Dreagen1 Your renders gave me a nosebleed, I friggin love em :triumph:<3
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    @Dreagen1 Your renders gave me a nosebleed, I friggin love em :triumph:<3

    Lol thank youuu <3
  • bunny-gypsybunny-gypsy Posts: 3,788 Member
    edited January 2017
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    I'm done with the vampire renders for a while. Thank Dannydanbo.

    You can put users on Ignore so you don't have to see their posts if they post. You can also report posts if they are going too far.

    Agree to disagree, move on, and ignore the posters if they want to bait you or drag you down in arguments.

    Anyway, this thread has been detailed enough, lol.

    Can we please talk about the art and not keep arguing so much about nothing or dictating what vampires must be like?

    It's a FICTIONAL (aka made up and fake) fantasy creature that has been interpreted in various ways, even with the Sims series, the vampires had their differences (Sims 2 vs Sims 3 vampires).

    I thought the sims series was about creative freedom? :grimace:

    Oh, right. Sims 4 was never about that, huh? :tongue:

    ETA: BTw, I thought one big argument against Sims 4 was the devs restricting us to limited/specific storylines. Why are we restricting the vampires, then? :confused:
    Post edited by bunny-gypsy on
    ~*~Long live all the family play!~*~
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,726 Member
    edited January 2017
    If all vampires were pale, then we wouldn't have this gorgeous soul in our fantasy lives. ♥
    31811556685_fb344fb11e_z.jpg

    Some day, I hope people realize that what they do in their games is a great and wonderful thing. You want to know why? Because it's YOUR game. You play YOUR way. I hope the day comes where people stop arguing over how to play/create with the game and just enjoy their play-styles. If someone wants a dark skinned Vampire. So what?! If you want a pale skinned vampire, Great! You can do that. It is not for you to decide how a player plays their game. Play YOUR game and leave others the plumm alone. ~_~

    That's what's so great about Sims 4. You can now make pretty much any Sim you want; and Vampires will more than likely be able to have a variety of skin tones to choose from to allow YOU as the player to play YOUR way. So, If I want a Purple Vampire, I'll make a purple vampire; example. ~_~. It's not in your game. It's not hurting you.

    Please, keep making your beautiful Renders, @Dreagen1, as long as you're enjoying it/makes you happy and don't let anyone make you feel like you have to stop creating. You all have a lovely day. :) Remember we're all playing the same game that we all love. Stop fighting and come together. We're a community. Shouldn't be "at war" with each other.

    (I'm not trying to cause any more harm to the thread, just brought it up because I just read over at your toddler render thread that you were going to stop the vampire render thread. :().

    It's a very good post, but I don't see a reason for it.
    You shouldn't confuse "pale" with "light skinned". No one in this thread has said they preferred light skinned vampires over dark once. They said they liked their vampires "pale", as in "no flush on the face"; after all vampires are supposed to be dead, so it only makes sense that they'd be pale. Nice good oxigenated blood is what gives human faces that nice flashy color. And when people die, they turn pale, no matter of their skin tone.

    Dark skin can be pale. Paleness has nothing to do with skin tone.

    Ps: people should stop looking for "prejudice" in everything.

    It isn't that dark skin can't be pale, but that people's idea of it being pale is literally just being lighter and yes ashy. This comes from overlays from previous games that weren't really done correctly and white people not realizing it is going to look MUCH different on someone whose not white. Marcel does not look "dead" and there is NO reason actually for them looking dead because not all vampires are dead depends on the lore. Some are genetic like blade and others never fully die their heart doesn't stop it is simply a transformation (I read tons of vampire books it can be done a variety of ways). The vampire diaries they ARE dead and they still don't look "pale" and dead because they have blood. They only truly start looking dead/pale when they aren't feeding that makes sense. If you are actively taking in live blood, you're not going to be pale and dead looking. You are going to look alive.

    Either way my preference is for no overlay and normal skin tones. I really don't think anyone should feel obligated to make their vampires fit someone else's stereotype. The OP should be able to have their vampires look any way they want in their renders. Hopefully, they has learned their lessons from TS2 and TS3 will give us the options needed. Still I feel the need to point out these arguments are kind of nonsense. Vampires do not have to appear pale because they are dead.

    I never linked them being pale to the fact that they're dead. For example, in underworld they're pale, but they're not dead in the movie shows, it's a genetic mutation that's contagious via biting. There are still black vampires.

    To me, the pale makes sense because they can never go in the sun. The sun gives us vitamin D and makes our skin look tan. If youve ever seen someone who works graveyard shifts then they're pretty pale, so imagine someone who hasn't gone in the sun from anywhere to a couple centuries to thousands of years. They would look VERY pale if they were real. I have no idea how it would react with black vampires though.

    HOWEVER many people create many different types of vampires. If the vampires some people can make will be able to go in the sun, why would they be pale? I would LOVE options because everyone makes different vampires.

    I loved how sims 3 let you change their eye and skin color unlike Sims 2. I actually like the glowing eyes and hope they return.

    @Dreagen1 Your renders are beautiful and very well done. I'm very glad that you made all different kinds of vampires. I feel kind of bad now for being the one to ask to see a pale vampire, I just wanted to see one because that's what I like. I never said I wanted all vampires to be forced to be pale in game :(
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • bunny-gypsybunny-gypsy Posts: 3,788 Member
    edited January 2017
    HOWEVER many people create many different types of vampires. If the vampires some people can make will be able to go in the sun, why would they be pale? I would LOVE options because everyone makes different vampires.

    Exactly. I am going to be one of those players who would love their vamps to be able to get the ability to go into the sunlight. Obviously, their skin color may be different if they go out in the sun.

    Besides, there are some media versions of vamps gaining color in their skin when feeding, and there are vamps who still have somewhat tanned skin, even when turned into vamps (and some their skin pales only a little bit).

    This is all made-up fantasy, either way. Why should we be so forced to be so restricted in a game series that supposedly is about creative freedom and sandbox?

    I would love for more variety and more options, not more limitations and strict restrictions.

    I used to think that the sims series should be giving more options over time as an improvement, instead of adding more restrictions and regressing...

    Guess Sims 3 is still the one with the most creative freedom (for the most part, with some flaws).
    ~*~Long live all the family play!~*~
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Honestly, you should be working for EA because your renders are like A++ it is insane how good you are.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    @Dannydanbo Good job. She won't make renders because of you. You are nothing but a complete buzzkill. You ruin all the good things people do or make for us with your heartbreaking opinions. Do you see me going to somebody's thread and saying "I think the real creators can do better" or "This is my opinion, I don't think about the feelings of OP." You are the one who is being childish right now. It's time for you to grow and put on your big boy/girl pants. That's just life, deal with it.
  • bunny-gypsybunny-gypsy Posts: 3,788 Member
    Last post of this derail: I think it would be better if we all were being big boys and girls (or adults in general) and just ignore (and/or report) any rude posts, or agree to disagree, and then moving on and getting back to discussing the art and maybe the sims game.

    Now, I will wait and see if there will be any more renders. :smile:
    ~*~Long live all the family play!~*~
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 963 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    NEW ONE
    tumblr_oj6stmK2QR1tcw5z8o1_r1_1280.png

    Okay it's settled. I'm recreating her in my game. I want to play her she looks so bad-plum ahhh love it! Your renders are really beautiful. Please don't stop making them just because of trolls! Xx
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,726 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Dannydanbo by the way, There's nothing demeaning about a woman wearing revealing clothing.

    Kind of sexist to imply otherwise.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Sorry about saying I was going to stop making them last night, I was just upset. I am going to continue them. Sorry I derailed this thread so much by responding to hate. Thank you everyone for your comments <3
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    NEW ONE
    tumblr_oj6stmK2QR1tcw5z8o1_r1_1280.png

    Okay it's settled. I'm recreating her in my game. I want to play her she looks so bad-plum ahhh love it! Your renders are really beautiful. Please don't stop making them just because of trolls! Xx

    Ahh I'm so happy you think so! I can link the cc I used on her if you'd like? I just can't link the shoes or the dress because they are sims 3 cc I put on her myself. I also wanted to put bodyguards on each side of her because I'm thinking of her as a very rich and powerful vampire who can do anything she pleases but decided not to add them, but I might do another of her with them! I'm so happy with how shoe turned out!! :)
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    If all vampires were pale, then we wouldn't have this gorgeous soul in our fantasy lives. ♥
    31811556685_fb344fb11e_z.jpg

    Some day, I hope people realize that what they do in their games is a great and wonderful thing. You want to know why? Because it's YOUR game. You play YOUR way. I hope the day comes where people stop arguing over how to play/create with the game and just enjoy their play-styles. If someone wants a dark skinned Vampire. So what?! If you want a pale skinned vampire, Great! You can do that. It is not for you to decide how a player plays their game. Play YOUR game and leave others the plumm alone. ~_~

    That's what's so great about Sims 4. You can now make pretty much any Sim you want; and Vampires will more than likely be able to have a variety of skin tones to choose from to allow YOU as the player to play YOUR way. So, If I want a Purple Vampire, I'll make a purple vampire; example. ~_~. It's not in your game. It's not hurting you.

    Please, keep making your beautiful Renders, @Dreagen1, as long as you're enjoying it/makes you happy and don't let anyone make you feel like you have to stop creating. You all have a lovely day. :) Remember we're all playing the same game that we all love. Stop fighting and come together. We're a community. Shouldn't be "at war" with each other.

    (I'm not trying to cause any more harm to the thread, just brought it up because I just read over at your toddler render thread that you were going to stop the vampire render thread. :().

    It's a very good post, but I don't see a reason for it.
    You shouldn't confuse "pale" with "light skinned". No one in this thread has said they preferred light skinned vampires over dark once. They said they liked their vampires "pale", as in "no flush on the face"; after all vampires are supposed to be dead, so it only makes sense that they'd be pale. Nice good oxigenated blood is what gives human faces that nice flashy color. And when people die, they turn pale, no matter of their skin tone.

    Dark skin can be pale. Paleness has nothing to do with skin tone.

    Ps: people should stop looking for "prejudice" in everything.

    It isn't that dark skin can't be pale, but that people's idea of it being pale is literally just being lighter and yes ashy. This comes from overlays from previous games that weren't really done correctly and white people not realizing it is going to look MUCH different on someone whose not white. Marcel does not look "dead" and there is NO reason actually for them looking dead because not all vampires are dead depends on the lore. Some are genetic like blade and others never fully die their heart doesn't stop it is simply a transformation (I read tons of vampire books it can be done a variety of ways). The vampire diaries they ARE dead and they still don't look "pale" and dead because they have blood. They only truly start looking dead/pale when they aren't feeding that makes sense. If you are actively taking in live blood, you're not going to be pale and dead looking. You are going to look alive.

    Either way my preference is for no overlay and normal skin tones. I really don't think anyone should feel obligated to make their vampires fit someone else's stereotype. The OP should be able to have their vampires look any way they want in their renders. Hopefully, they has learned their lessons from TS2 and TS3 will give us the options needed. Still I feel the need to point out these arguments are kind of nonsense. Vampires do not have to appear pale because they are dead.

    I never linked them being pale to the fact that they're dead. For example, in underworld they're pale, but they're not dead in the movie shows, it's a genetic mutation that's contagious via biting. There are still black vampires.

    To me, the pale makes sense because they can never go in the sun. The sun gives us vitamin D and makes our skin look tan. If youve ever seen someone who works graveyard shifts then they're pretty pale, so imagine someone who hasn't gone in the sun from anywhere to a couple centuries to thousands of years. They would look VERY pale if they were real. I have no idea how it would react with black vampires though.

    HOWEVER many people create many different types of vampires. If the vampires some people can make will be able to go in the sun, why would they be pale? I would LOVE options because everyone makes different vampires.

    I loved how sims 3 let you change their eye and skin color unlike Sims 2. I actually like the glowing eyes and hope they return.

    @Dreagen1 Your renders are beautiful and very well done. I'm very glad that you made all different kinds of vampires. I feel kind of bad now for being the one to ask to see a pale vampire, I just wanted to see one because that's what I like. I never said I wanted all vampires to be forced to be pale in game :(

    Don't feel bad at all! I will make a pale one, I just wanted to make one that I would play as. I will happily make a pale one next :)
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 491 Member
    @Dreagen1 Can I ask you something?
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Honestly, you should be working for EA because your renders are like A++ it is insane how good you are.

    Thank you so much!!! <3 I'm honesty surprised every time I finish one of these, I'm really happy everyone likes them!!! :D I'd love to work for them, maybe one day :)
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Sorry about saying I was going to stop making them last night, I was just upset. I am going to continue them. Sorry I derailed this thread so much by responding to hate. Thank you everyone for your comments <3

    Thank you.
    I was a little Mad myself, when I read that.
    Trolls and Haters will always be there. Especially in the Sims franchise.
    Its a Surprise for me that SimGurus dont commit suicide, haveing to read through all that... And believe me, Ive even seen death-threats...
  • bunny-gypsybunny-gypsy Posts: 3,788 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Sorry about saying I was going to stop making them last night, I was just upset. I am going to continue them. Sorry I derailed this thread so much by responding to hate. Thank you everyone for your comments <3
    Yay! :heart:

    (As a woman myself, I don't see anything demeaning about your characters. Us women shouldn't be demeaned in real life because of what we look like or wear, or what our artwork is like, etc. This is part of the sexism many women are fighting against.)
    ~*~Long live all the family play!~*~
  • MarionOpheliaMarionOphelia Posts: 58 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    NEW ONE
    tumblr_oj6stmK2QR1tcw5z8o1_r1_1280.png



    WOW, she is gorgeous! Love the clothes!
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Sorry about saying I was going to stop making them last night, I was just upset. I am going to continue them. Sorry I derailed this thread so much by responding to hate. Thank you everyone for your comments <3

    Thank you.
    I was a little Mad myself, when I read that.
    Trolls and Haters will always be there. Especially in the Sims franchise.
    Its a Surprise for me that SimGurus dont commit suicide, haveing to read through all that... And believe me, Ive even seen death-threats...

    Yea, sorry... I shouldn't have reacted like that. I was just having a rough day in general.
    Oh wow, I'm glad it didn't get that bad.. yeesh
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Sorry about saying I was going to stop making them last night, I was just upset. I am going to continue them. Sorry I derailed this thread so much by responding to hate. Thank you everyone for your comments <3
    Yay! :heart:

    (As a woman myself, I don't see anything demeaning about your characters. Us women shouldn't be demeaned in real life because of what we look like or wear, or what our artwork is like, etc. This is part of the sexism many women are fighting against.)

    Well I was thinking from his comment, I see vampires as sexy and mysterious so why shouldn't I dress her like that? I really like this style and really think it suits a vampire nicely imo. My ideas of vampires is they lure food in by showing some skin and putting them in a trance so they will come without force. And when they won't come, they are strong enough to get what they want.
    Exactly! I 100% agree! I like dressing somewhat like this and I am not ashamed. We should be able to dress how we want. No questions asked.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,342 Member
    Regardless of what some people say, I really apperciate your renders and all the hard work you put into them. They are great in quality!

    @Dannydanbo Hope you feel good about yourself, picking fights with someone who is taking time out of their day to do things for us. Here's your participation trophy for fighting.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top